PDA

View Full Version : An Idea on Notification

Guntur
May 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM
Here's a fun idea on Notification.

I'm using emails to trace all the thread subscription, and I thought why don't we use the Notification using Facebook. Because I remember one forum that use Facebook as their third party notification and usually share it through FB.

Nuduli
May 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM
How did that work? O.o

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2011, 09:11 PM
There's an option to link this new version of vBulletin to Facebook. I'm not sure about that though.

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 21st, 2011, 10:11 PM
What I thought this thread was going to be about -

On the old board when you got a new private message or other notification there was a small popup box so you wouldn't miss it...any way we could bring that back?
:curious:

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2011, 10:31 PM
I'll look at it. I miss it too actually. PMs have been sitting for days because I don't notice the little tiny number next to notifications.

lionloversam
May 22nd, 2011, 03:41 AM
What I thought this thread was going to be about -

On the old board when you got a new private message or other notification there was a small popup box so you wouldn't miss it...any way we could bring that back?
:curious:

We have that. Click on "Forum Actions" at the top of the page then click on "General Settings". It is the middle option on the pop down menu. It will take you to another page. About half way down is the option to turn on pop-up notifications for new private messages. After making desired changes, scroll to the bottom and click "save changes".

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2011, 04:15 AM
We have that. Click on "Forum Actions" at the top of the page then click on "General Settings". It is the middle option on the pop down menu. It will take you to another page. About half way down is the option to turn on pop-up notifications for new private messages. After making desired changes, scroll to the bottom and click "save changes".

Well there you go. :)

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 22nd, 2011, 10:22 AM

Ah...thanks Sam! :)

lionloversam
May 22nd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Ah...thanks Sam! :)

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. :) :ayecapn: