PDA

View Full Version : The end is here...

King Simba
May 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM
Brace yourselves, apparently the world will be ending not in 2012, but as soon as... wait for it...

Today! :mufasaworried: :eek:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/149511/20110521/may-21st-doomsday-end-of-the-world-may-21st-doomsday-2011-harold-camping-apocalypse-earthquake-new-z.htm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13482584
Apparently a giant earthquake will make its way across the world taking everything away in its path.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh about it. :lol:

You can probably tell I am definitely not convinced. :p The guy who has predicted this got his calculations wrong before now (apparently something similar was going to happen in 1994), so it's not exactly like he has a good reputation for this kind of thing... xD

Apparently there is only 2-3% who believe it'll happen, while 9% think it might happen. The rest are skeptics like me, who have major doubts. There have just been so many stories I've heard about the world ending which appear to not be true. It's more like a joke for me now... xP

And this is the first time I've heard of it. I only knew about it because someone on my FB put it in their status and I was like "Huh? Wait. What?" :confused:

Azerane
May 21st, 2011, 10:53 AM
So that's why there's a thunderstorm.... :lol: It was all over the news here last night. I find it laughable. I will stop laughing when I'm dead ;)

Sombolia
May 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM
Ah, of course. These lovely people have actually put up billboards around Los Angeles and other cities warning us about this.

Obviously I don't believe anything's going to happen, but my mom was sure to put a clean shirt and a pair of shoes next to my bed in case the rapture does occur.
:lol:

...does anyone else feel like we've had an unusually large amount of wanna be-doomsdays in our lifetimes? :uhno:

Azerane
May 21st, 2011, 10:55 AM
And we just got Lea re-built :lol:

Sombolia
May 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Well on the plus side, we can use this board to organize a strategy against the impending zombie hoards. (There's always zombies in the apocalypse.)

TeeKay
May 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Well on the plus side, we can use this board to organize a strategy against the impending zombie hoards. (There's always zombies in the apocalypse.)

Funnily enough, the CDC already has it's zombie apocalypse plan (http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp) :D

At least it's a nice day for it, well here at least ;)

Azerane
May 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM
That's true... better get the shovel out of the shed in preperation for the zombies, or perhaps a cast iron frying pan would do the trick as well ;)

I do think it's silly though how much people have been pushing this issue. Some guy spent most of his savings on advertisement posters for subway stations and people traveled overseas etc just to spread the word. It's kinda gotten out of control

Guntur
May 21st, 2011, 11:31 AM
I don't believe in Rapture in the term of Christianity views but I do like Rapture by Blondie. ;)

On Zombie Apocalypse, is there any guide book like Zombie Apocalypse For Dummies for me? I need one. :tears:

Azerane
May 21st, 2011, 11:42 AM
On Zombie Apocalypse, is there any guide book like Zombie Apocalypse For Dummies for me? I need one. :tears:

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305978120&sr=8-1 ;)

Revo
May 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
I heard that the guys who are the source of this apocalypse jambo have been asking for donations (for preparations for the apocalypse, I guess...? Sounds silly to me aswell..). Well, one guy offered them a huge amount of money with the condition that if the world didn't end, they would have to pay him back with 10% interest. I hear they didn't accept the donation :lol:. Shows just how much they believe in their own jibba-jabba.

King Simba
May 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM
The thing is, they keep saying this "Great Quake" will happen today at 6pm, but they don't specify a time zone. Do they mean 6pm for everywhere or what? :confused: And I'm sure 6pm has already passed in Australia and other parts of the Far East, so... anything yet, you guys? xD

The rapture supposed to happen today, in which 3% (approximately 200 million people) will be spared, and the rest will be left in the Apocalypse until the real end of the world on the 21st October, in which the Earth will be swallowed by a giant fireball. :go-on:

What happened to 2012? :\ This theory has just come out of the blue. :wtf:

I guess after 2012 is over, we're all safe, until some other conspiracy theory is brought up again. :lol:

...does anyone else feel like we've had an unusually large amount of wanna be-doomsdays in our lifetimes? :uhno:
I remember when they said the world was going to end in 2000, but it never did. And me being young back then it kind of worried me... xP

Sombolia
May 21st, 2011, 01:30 PM
I remember when they said the world was going to end in 2000, but it never did. And me being young back then it kind of worried me... xP

I was too young to even know about it... quite surreal in retrospect!

But really, Y2K, 6/6/06, the people that believed the Hadron Collider was going to blow up the planet, this, 2012... it's crazy.

Guntur
May 21st, 2011, 03:48 PM
I think people should worry the sign of the apocalypse instead waiting for the whole world to blow up.

Aurelian
May 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM
Hey Zack, the Rapture happen there yet? It's gotta be past 6PM in your time by now! :lol:

As for the zombies, just gotta pull out and ready my Chicago Typewriter(see: Resident Evil 4).

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CB-43902-2T.jpg

Cheetahstar546
May 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM
Oh yes I heard about this. Some idiot of a religious guy says the worlds gonna end at 6:00 PM today.

King Simba
May 21st, 2011, 05:07 PM
Well, it's 7 minutes past 6pm here, and I've not noticed any earthquake, rapture or anything else out of the ordinary. :go-on:

Unless the guy means at 6pm his time... xP

Shadow
May 21st, 2011, 05:08 PM
i heard some Athists over in america was offering a 200 dollar service or something to take care of peoples pets once they all die, they made a hell of alot of money!

now thats opertuantists! :D

Cheetahstar546
May 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
Oh gosh. This dude is gonna be the biggest moron in the world on Sunday XD

King Simba
May 21st, 2011, 05:31 PM
Oh gosh. This dude is gonna be the biggest moron in the world on Sunday XD
He miscalculated the date again, perhaps? :lol:

Oh, and for the record...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8527582/Apocalypse-not-right-now-Rapture-end-of-world-fails-to-materialise.html :D

Guntur
May 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hey Zack, the Rapture happen there yet? It's gotta be past 6PM in your time by now! :lol:

No. :lol:

I am waiting for Jesus/Isa A.S. for second coming to save us from Anti-Christ/Al-Dajjal or waiting for the sun rise from the west. ;)

Utora
May 21st, 2011, 06:59 PM
I believe the New Testament also states we don't know when the end is.

I think someone epic failed to take THAT into calculation.

Guntur
May 21st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Jail him for conspiracy. :wicked: :evilgrin: :woe:

Revo
May 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Nah, I don't think so. These things have been around for hundreds of years, and thousands of these predictions have already failed.

lionloversam
May 21st, 2011, 08:23 PM
Jail him for conspiracy. :wicked: :evilgrin: :woe:

No, no, no.... What are we suppose to do with 'false prophets?

Guntur
May 21st, 2011, 08:43 PM
We... should be aware of the sign than thinking about the date itself. :p

King Simba
May 21st, 2011, 10:20 PM
Well, it's past 11pm now (for some reason the time changed to 11pm instead of 6pm... make your mind up! :wtf:) and I'm still here. In 40 minutes time it'll be the 22nd May, just like it is in many parts of the world right now. :p

This theory reminds me of something a villain would come up with in a movie. :lol:

Cheetahstar546
May 21st, 2011, 10:45 PM
Well, it's past 11pm now (for some reason the time changed to 11pm instead of 6pm... make your mind up! :wtf:) and I'm still here. In 40 minutes time it'll be the 22nd May, just like it is in many parts of the world right now. :p

This theory reminds me of something a villain would come up with in a movie. :lol:
Yeah, it's 3:45 PM where I live right now, haven't felt a single tremor XD

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2011, 10:52 PM
I wonder what time zone this calculation was done for. :hmm:

Sombolia
May 22nd, 2011, 01:10 AM
Considering he's from California, I'm thinking he meant his time. Well, it's 6:09 now and nothing yet... but we're all waiting with bated breath... :haha:

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2011, 01:19 AM
Any earthquakes? He said it would be one everyone could feel. :lol:

Utora
May 22nd, 2011, 04:06 AM
Yeah so, can we corner and cage this guy for sport now pleeeeeease? Looks like I owe a lot of non-rapture people their moneys and furniture back......

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2011, 04:18 AM
George Takei tweeted: "Today's Rapture postponed as Jesus awaits announcement of surprise guest on final Oprah. Savior 'hopeful' but 'ok with it' if not picked."

Sombolia
May 22nd, 2011, 05:00 AM
George Takei is hilarious.

Ngatuny
May 22nd, 2011, 05:11 AM
:thinks: Maybe it was true and we are all in heaven with working internet and Lea back again:cheese: or maybe not! :blah:

Simbaspirit
May 22nd, 2011, 05:40 AM
I believe the New Testament also states we don't know when the end is.

I think someone epic failed to take THAT into calculation.

very true :p

I was quite dissapointed when I wasn't raptured while making a mocha frappuccino. I mean, common, they're wasn't even a thunderstorm!

Leorgathar
May 22nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
:thinks: Maybe it was true and we are all in heaven with working internet and Lea back again:cheese: or maybe not! :blah:

Haha, my internet connection was failing so much and it suddenly worked alright recently, that'd so explain it :lol: it's just like the ending of LOST: dead and happily ever after :p

Now seriously, there's so much FAIL in everything this guy came up with. I'll just say... believers or non-believers, use some common sense! it doesn't hurt trying :woe:

Sadiki
May 22nd, 2011, 06:32 AM
Yeeeeeah I think these end of the world theories have always been pretty stupid and I have never believed on any of them for one second. Also as me and Audra are pretty much on last time zone of the world at the moment and it's almost 8:30pm here so it's safe to say this one was wrong as every other one has been. Only real threat for the world I believe in at the moment is the meteor that is heading this direction and last time I checked the chance it will hit earth is less than 1% and even then if I don't remember wrong even that wont be in another 25 years or so.

this is totally random but the guy who we're renting the place were staying at Maui said so many people want to rent this place in May/2012... People... oy oy oy :headache:

Revo
May 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Wait, I think I feel something shaking... Naah, it was just my stomach rumbling. False alarm, guys. False alarm.

Guntur
May 22nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
It is 22 and I overslept today, does that consider as Apocalypse? :p

Shadow
May 22nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
everytime any of these religous peoples predicts the end of the world, it only results in people taking that religion less seriously xP.

btw i feel un-usaly alive 0.0

King Simba
May 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Apparently another volcano in Iceland started to erupt as told in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUtxFV2HiHU) video, but that's about it. :p Congratulations Mr. Camping, you have successfully miscalculated again.

I gotta say though, it gave me a real good laugh when 6pm/11pm (apparently the world was ending twice for us :wtf:) came round and nothing happened. :lol:

But really, when the world does end, which I believe it will at some point, I think it'd be more down to scientific reasons rather than to do with religion.

Haha, my internet connection was failing so much and it suddenly worked alright recently, that'd so explain it :lol:
I knew that was a sign. We're all doomed! :gasp:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 22nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Me and my friend were out walking all afternoon and checking our watches to see if it was 6pm yet...then we went in the supermarket and completely missed it!

...I did get very sunburnt though, does that count as the Rapture?
:psst:

Azerane
May 22nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
In the words of Disturbed:

"You can't predict where the outcome lies
You'll never take me alive
I'm alive
I'm alive
I'm alive"

I get the feeling that 2012 might be a dud too ;) There's a lot of people looking like idiots out there today, which thankfully makes me look like less of one :p

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2011, 04:16 AM
Someone said, "The rapture happened. God picked Randy Savage and no one else."

:p

Kito
May 23rd, 2011, 04:45 AM
R.I.P. Randy Man Savage though.. X_x

But yeah, birthday was today along with Elton John's...

I SURVIVED THE RAPTURE TO TURN 21! ;D

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2011, 04:48 AM
Congrats Kito. :lol:

Yesterday was my friend's 18th too.

King Simba
May 23rd, 2011, 07:48 AM
Yeah, congrats Kito... glad you could reach 21 before we all die. :lol:

A couple of old friends were turning 21 on the 21st May. That would've sucked if they had died on their 21st Birthday. :eww:

I heard that the man behind this ridiculous prediction had fled as of yesterday and was nowhere to be seen. Embarassment, perhaps? :go-on: Or maybe he was the only one taken in the rapture? :p

Guntur
May 23rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
Did Randy know something we don't know? :p

Haha kidding of course and Rest in Peace Randy Savage. =(

I'm waiting for the sign of apocalypse than rapture to be honest [and that follow my belief].

shadowland
May 23rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
A friend of mine lives near this guy. Methinks some epic IRL trolling will befall him very soon...:secret:

Cheetahstar546
May 24th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I'm still alive..............