PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride Zira!

Kiara Serengeti
July 31st, 2005, 12:09 AM
Even though Zira was evil, I still thought she was pretty cool for a villain. Plus I think she was a little mentally ill...seriously. I don't think that was the movie makers' intention, but she does seem a little bananas. :huh: Still, I think she's cool. I actually like her a little more than Kiara, but Kiara was NICE.

unregistered user
July 31st, 2005, 12:17 AM
I agree completely x) Zira is cool, kinda wierd, but a lot cooler than Kiara... Even though she was nice... I don't like her. The evil ones is always best in some way (that doesn't mean I'm a big fan of Zira or Scar but I think you get it...x) :zzz:

Sharifu
July 31st, 2005, 12:32 AM
Zira is a cool villian... But Scar is cooler I think. :evilgrin:

Sombolia
July 31st, 2005, 02:38 AM
Zira is absolutely bonkers. Scar pwns her any day.

unregistered user
July 31st, 2005, 02:41 AM
I do not like Zira, or Kiara :idiot:

Shatara
July 31st, 2005, 02:53 AM
Zira is indeed, whacked. For that reason, I find her one of the most terrifying villans ever in a Disney movie.

Many villans do sordid things, but these are generally means to an end: Money, power, a hot wife/slave...For Zira, however, violence seemed an end in itself o.o

Also, her song, 'My Lullaby', is easily the most sadistic song ever to grace a Disney movie.

Sombolia
July 31st, 2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc
I do not like Zira, or Kiara :idiot:

Me neither =P

Kovu was okay, but I think they made his transition from evil to good to fast. The only characters I really liked were Nuka and Vitani. :nukasm: :vitsm:

EDIT: Haha, look at all my stupid typos. I made five just typing this sentence.

EDIT AGAIN: I agree that Zira is terrifying (in Disney terms, anyways) and sadistic.. I just don't like her too much. *shrug*

Shatara
July 31st, 2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Kovu was okay, but I think they made his transition from evil to good to fast. The only characters I really liked were Nuka and Vitani. :nukasm: :vitsm: One could say he was never evil in the first place, and his 'evil' was just a shell he built up around himself. It would certainly have been the only way to satisfy Zira...

And yes, Nuka and 'Tani are teh pwn :vitsm:

unregistered user
July 31st, 2005, 03:03 AM
yes indeed Shat. And I agree, My Lullaby is the most sadistic song Disney ever made.

Hmm.. The Lion King II was a very dark movie.. Nuka's death being shown on film, them almost showing Zira's suicide, and the song My Lullaby. Not to mention Zira's character itself.

Shatara
July 31st, 2005, 03:23 AM
Hmm.. The Lion King II was a very dark movie.. Nuka's death being shown on film, them almost showing Zira's suicide, and the song My Lullaby. Not to mention Zira's character itself. Yeah...

And the fight scenes, while seeming a bit breifer, were much more brutal (such as the one where a pridelander was dragged backwards by the tail, to be leapt on by two more)...

...maybe that's why I like it better than the original http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/eyeleft.gif

Nalinda
July 31st, 2005, 11:58 AM
I don't like Zira or Scar.

Nephilim
July 31st, 2005, 12:04 PM
I thought Zira had a terrible character, actually. Far too OTT, so much that it was almost... embarrassing... to watch.

Opera Ghost
July 31st, 2005, 12:07 PM
i like zira,though scar was much better

Kovu The Lion
July 31st, 2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Shatara
Zira is indeed, whacked. For that reason, I find her one of the most terrifying villans ever in a Disney movie.

Many villans do sordid things, but these are generally means to an end: Money, power, a hot wife/slave...For Zira, however, violence seemed an end in itself o.o

Also, her song, 'My Lullaby', is easily the most sadistic song ever to grace a Disney movie.

i agree totally on that song, I hate it,
The sound of Simba's Dieing gasp
His Daughter squeeling in my Grasp
Thats a good image to be putting into the young minds of today also isnt it :idiot:

unregistered user
July 31st, 2005, 03:09 PM
Are you guys joking, that's the best song in the whole movie. :huh:
(off topic) you know, I don't know why this just occured to me, but I just rembered, that I haven't watched TLK II since I joined Lea, wonder why? :confused:

Kiara Serengeti
July 31st, 2005, 03:35 PM
Meh, SP has its weaknesses, but its not awful, IMO. Zira's really weird, but she's neat. But 'My Lullaby' is very sadistic...

The sound of Simba's dying gasp
His daughter squealing in my grasp
His lionesses' mournful cry
That's my lullaby

Whoa...:eek:

Kovu The Lion
July 31st, 2005, 03:36 PM
*Sighs* Yeah, everytime i listen to that song on my laptop i shiver *Scary* -_-'

Ngatuny
July 31st, 2005, 04:13 PM
I think Zira is sexy, in a crazy sort of way. :p

:growl: :cool:

Sombolia
July 31st, 2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by PhantomBPR

Never said it was BAD, said it was sadistic.

Thats a good image to be putting into the young minds of today also isnt it :idiot:

Actually, I very much like that image.. *imagines old farty Simba and Kiara choking* ^^

Nalinda
July 31st, 2005, 04:33 PM
In my opinion is "My Lullaby" the worst song in SP. :uhno:
The best most be "We are one". :D

Sombolia
July 31st, 2005, 04:53 PM
Gah. I don't like WAO..

My fave is HLIY. ML is er.. different, WAO isn't my type of song, Upendi was just embarrassing, and LWFAW was okay.

unregistered user
July 31st, 2005, 06:10 PM
You forgot One of Us, I loved that song, except for the vocals used to sing it. All of those different creatures made a really deep and sad song sound stupid >_>;;

They should've had some good singers singing that song and its effect would've been more powerful on audiences, they ruined it by having it sung by the hippo and zebras and whatever else 9_9

WAO and HLIY I didn't care too much for. As I've stated elsewhere I like 'They Live In You' better than 'He Lives In You', but that's me.

Anyway, back on Zira.. x)

Shatara made excellent points early on. Most villains go after power or power, some sort of goal for themselves. Zira however, her goals are someone elses, she desires to do what she thinks Scar would have wanted, and it becomes what she wants. And she just goes insane with hatred.

Shatara
July 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM
Are you guys joking, that's the best song in the whole movie. :huh: That doesn't stop it from being the most sadistic song ever to grace a Disney movie :D:p

Originally posted by Ngatuny
I think Zira is sexy, in a crazy sort of way. :p...she seems the S&M type :gasp:

As for music...the SP version of He Lives in You bugs the crap outa me. They cut away half the bloody song! :grrr:

Nala The Lion
July 31st, 2005, 10:27 PM
i don't like evil people and i deffinetly don't like her voice! sorry but it annoys me! Kiara is much better!

unregistered user
August 1st, 2005, 01:22 AM
WHAT?! Kiara is far worse! I was kinda hoping Zira would grab onto Kiara at the end of the movie and they both fell intot he water :evilgrin: :jejeje:

:lol: Nah, but Kiara is by far the worst of all of the Lion King characters IMHO >> It shouldn't be physically or judicially possible to laugh that much >.<

unregistered user
August 1st, 2005, 01:58 AM
(off topic) you know, I don't know why this just occured to me, but I just rembered, that I haven't watched TLK II since I joined Lea, wonder why? :confused:

I guess I need to start posting "JK".

simba2662
August 1st, 2005, 02:13 AM
I rekon Zira is a great Villan. They needed a different personality from Scar and she had more aggresion. I have to say though im not a fan of My Lullaby. It just lacked something compared to He lives in you, We are one and One of us.

Kiara is your typical princess, feels like she is hard done by.

Sombolia
August 1st, 2005, 05:56 AM
Somewhere at Lilymud I think, Snowy posted a wonderful list of reasons why Kiara is Disney's Mary-Sue. But.. that can wait.

I forgot about OOU >_< The lyrics are good, but yeah likeRavoc said, they ruined it with the vocals.

They did kinda mess up HLIY in SP, but it's still, in my opinion, the best song in the movie.

unregistered user
August 1st, 2005, 06:20 AM
I really want to hear what Snowy wrote :jejeje: ^^

And yes, never forget OOU ;)

Prince Simba
August 1st, 2005, 06:43 AM
Zira is completely mental. Scar pwns Zira.

In fact, Nuka and Vitani are really the only good characters in SP.

Timon & Pumbaa, while they're exactly the same as in TLK, use too many human references in the movie. (Too many equals one). They're automatically disqualified from being characters that pwn.

Simba is overprotective of Kiara to the point of abuse. He doesn't trust her judgement or his wife's and his mind can't be changed unless his daughter runs away to find somebody who thinks is evil, then risks her life to avert a war. This is evidence of extreme paranoia.

Nala isn't exactly a main character in SP. We only see her three or four times. So she doesn't count.

Zira is creepy. Her insanity leads us to believe that she has an obsession with killing.

Kiara has got huge insecurity issues

Kovu probably comes second after Nuka & Vitani because he has the least number of huge flaws. But his transformation is quite fast. One morning he's about to kill Simba, the next morning, he's about to reveal the truth to him. That leads us to believe that he has loyalty issues and a slight problem with being completely unable to form his own opinions or thoughts because his beliefs and philosophies are completely changed by spending a day and night with Kiara: definitely signs of mental problems.

Conclusion: in SP:

Nuka > all
Vitani > all
Nuka + Vitani > all

Sombolia
August 1st, 2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Prince Simba

Timon & Pumbaa, while they're exactly the same as in TLK, use too many human references in the movie. (Too many equals one). They're automatically disqualified from being characters that pwn.

Simba is overprotective of Kiara to the point of abuse. He doesn't trust her judgement or his wife's and his mind can't be changed unless his daughter runs away to find somebody who thinks is evil, then risks her life to avert a war. This is evidence of extreme paranoia.

Nala isn't exactly a main character in SP. We only see her three or four times. So she doesn't count.

Zira is creepy. Her insanity leads us to believe that she has an obsession with killing.

Kovu probably comes second after Nuka & Vitani because he has the least number of huge flaws. But his transformation is quite fast. One morning he's about to kill Simba, the next morning, he's about to reveal the truth to him. That leads us to believe that he has loyalty issues and a slight problem with being completely unable to form his own opinions or thoughts because his beliefs and philosophies are completely changed by spending a day and night with Kiara: definitely signs of mental problems.

Nuka > all
Vitani > all
Nuka + Vitani > all

Rock ON. :evilgrin:

Nala The Lion
August 1st, 2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I don't like Zira, she's nuts :eek: ... I wouldn't like to meet her in a dark alleyway :eek: !!!

The best songs from TLK2 are WAO and HLiY =) ... then OOU and LWFAW... then probably Upendi... I always skip ML, never listen to it... I don't like hearing about how she wants the other lions to die; it's not very nice :( ...

i totaslly agree with you and it's not just because are names :haha: my fave song song in SP has to be LWFAW though, and like you i don't like ML - Zira's voice doesn't help it either i really dislike her voice and i don't like evil villans :( ... like you :-)

unregistered user
August 1st, 2005, 05:59 PM
She's not supposed to sound like a nice person, she's supposed to sound like a cold heartless no good lioness :evilgrin:

But at the same time, she shows emotion only for the former King, Scar. She fawns over him like a teenage girl over a celebrity >.< :lol:

And precisely Prince Simba, I could never have put it in better words myself x)

Nala The Lion
August 1st, 2005, 07:11 PM
I dislike her voice too; she doesn't sound like a nice person :eek: !!!

hehe were so alike in so many ways ;)
didn't say she was meanna sound like a nice person Ravoc but argh her voice just annoys me, and as Simba says she doesn't sound like a nice person - would you like to meet her in a dark alley way at night? No :p - I'm with Simba on this one :D

Nephilim
August 1st, 2005, 08:36 PM
I don't like Zira, she's nuts :eek: ... I wouldn't like to meet her in a dark alleyway :eek: !!!

But any other lion's fine? ;)

Nala The Lion
August 1st, 2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
But any other lion's fine? ;)

haha good point Neph

Melody of Scar
August 2nd, 2005, 03:41 AM

Nuka > all
Vitani > all
Nuka + Vitani > all

Couldn't have said it better if I had help from mommy. :ayecapn: :D

Sharifu
August 2nd, 2005, 06:27 AM
I always skip ML, never listen to it... I don't like hearing about how she wants the other lions to die; it's not very nice :( ...

It's just a movie!!! XD

Sombolia
August 2nd, 2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
It's just a movie!!! XD

I know. O_o;; *slightly frightened*

starlioness
August 2nd, 2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
It's just a movie!!! XD

and gargoyles are glorified water spouts :lol::evilgrin:

My Lullaby is one of my favorite villian songs . it's so creepy it's cool..

a few of my fave lyrics

the melody of angry growls!
a counterpoint of painful howls!
a symphony of death , oh my ! that's my Lullaby!

I remember reading in T.V guide shortly before S.P came out that my lullaby was one of the most disturbing songs ever... I wonder if moms today sing their kids that...:jejeje:

also slightly OT, but I find the song rock-a-bye baby disturbing , what idiot puts their kid in a treetop!:eww: . and of you course you know that the cradle falls down and smashes the baby to bits..:gasp: and you thought my Lullaby was scary...:huh:

unregistered user
August 2nd, 2005, 08:35 AM
:lol: Oh my gosh.. *wonders what will happen when Taka Tiger reads starlioness's post about babies* x)

Simba Child
August 3rd, 2005, 11:28 PM
Zira is kinda cool and sadistic in my opinon, but KIARA IS HOT! :D :D :D :evilgrin:

Shatara
August 3rd, 2005, 11:32 PM
*teh stuff*While true, Vitani is teh pwn, and Nuka's pretty cool, Zira's psycho-ness is the best part of her :p It's what makes her a good villan.

Originally posted by Simba Child
Zira is kinda cool and sadistic in my opinon, but KIARA IS HOT! :D :D :D :evilgrin: ...Only when gagged http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/ebil.gif

Sombolia
August 4th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Shatara
...Only when gagged http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/ebil.gif

I'll second that. :jejeje:

Lucy Lioness
August 4th, 2005, 12:53 AM
I'll second that. :jejeje:

Thirded! :D Really, I can't stand Kiara. All that idiotic giggling. *Shudders* :p

Sombolia
August 4th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
Thirded! :D Really, I can't stand Kiara. All that idiotic giggling. *Shudders* :p

I'll second that as well XD

Kiara Serengeti
August 4th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Kiara was only an airhead as a cub, IMO. I just think she had sort of that attitude from such a protected life, she was so coddled that she really didn't know how 2 interact...IMO again.

Sombolia
August 4th, 2005, 10:00 PM
She seemed the same to me as an adult & cub - she only seemed to grow up in the war scene. I was like, "Moodswing much?"

Nala The Lion
August 6th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Simba Child
Zira is kinda cool and sadistic in my opinon, but KIARA IS HOT! :D :D :D :evilgrin:

na uh Zira sucks! that voice, her personality - it all sucks! she's totally a suck up of Scar! :haha:

Kiara Serengeti
August 6th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Nala The Lion
na uh Zira sucks! that voice, her personality - it all sucks! she's totally a suck up of Scar! :haha:

:secret: Maybe Scar's brain was taken out and they replaced Zira's brain with his! :evilgrin: JK...of course.

Sombolia
August 6th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Yeah, and Nala just sucks up to Simba, and Kiara just sucks up to Kovu. Sorry, I forgot villians are so 2D they can't even love.

trexmaster
August 7th, 2005, 12:50 PM

I like it for its intensity and fastness. Not that I would endorse her behavior...

Nalinda
August 7th, 2005, 03:13 PM
In my opinion Zira is a big idiot.. even though I don't like Scar nor Zira I have to agree that Scar was so much smarter than her.

Even though they're both idiots.

Melody of Scar
August 7th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I'll second that as well XD

Fourthed!

...Or fifthed? :confused:

Nala The Lion
August 7th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Nalinda
In my opinion Zira is a big idiot.. even though I don't like Scar nor Zira I have to agree that Scar was so much smarter than her.

seconded! and Somby ofcourse villians can love but that doesn't mean she has to do EVERYTHING the way Scar would ''This is for you Scar'' and it doesn't mean she has to try and Kill Kiara at the end when she tries to help her from falling off the cliff! She could of took the help but No Scar wouldn't of done so she doesn't! Nala reminds Simba that she's just like him ''who does she remind you of?... she's just like you were'' and reassures him that she'll be ok!

Luna
August 11th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I rather liked the song "My Lullaby" ;D I sing it all the time. I'm just weird like that. I loved Scar and I possiably loved Zira even more. I love evil/sadistic/cynical characters.

Iestyn
August 11th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Nalinda

I have to say, I find your hatred for two fictional characters quite amusing x)

As for me, I echo what Neph said, Zira is a total OTT psycho in SP. However, I did like My Lullaby, It's clearly the best song in the entire movie, all the others are slightly childish and boring.

Sombolia
August 11th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Nala The Lion
seconded! and Somby ofcourse villians can love but that doesn't mean she has to do EVERYTHING the way Scar would ''This is for you Scar'' and it doesn't mean she has to try and Kill Kiara at the end when she tries to help her from falling off the cliff! She could of took the help but No Scar wouldn't of done so she doesn't! Nala reminds Simba that she's just like him ''who does she remind you of?... she's just like you were'' and reassures him that she'll be ok!

Um, okay.. I read that twice and I didn't take in a word of it.

You mind rephrasing that? :confused:

Scar's not an idiot.. he obviously though things through alot. If he was stupid, could he have gotten away with it for that long? The only mistake he made was telling Simba because he thought he would die (at the end, in the fire).

Melody of Scar
August 12th, 2005, 01:23 AM

Scar's not an idiot.. he obviously though things through alot. If he was stupid, could he have gotten away with it for that long? The only mistake he made was telling Simba because he thought he would die (at the end, in the fire).

Allow me to translate, mi amor.

She said that villians can love but Zira didn't have to do everything the way Scar would have. She didn't have to try and attack Kiara when she was trying to help her back up, but she did because Scar would have done the same. ( :confused: Where this reasoning comes from, I don't know... ) And then Nala assures Simba that Kiara's just like he was when he was younger, so she'll be okay.

I have a problem with Zira's age... Shouldn't she have been old and gray by Simba's Pride? She had lived to see two generations after her grow up...

va-kasi
August 12th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Zira may be younger than Scar. She may not have even been his mate, so there's nothing saying that she defiantly is the same age as Scar ;)

Shatara
August 12th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Melody of Scar
She said that villians can love but Zira didn't have to do everything the way Scar would have. She didn't have to try and attack Kiara when she was trying to help her back up, but she did because Scar would have done the same. ( :confused: Where this reasoning comes from, I don't know... ) What makes you think Scar would have done the same? Scar and Zira are two very different characters. Scar was deceptive and manipulative, while Zira was spiteful and vindictive. I can't see Scar swatting at a helping paw, even if only to push the paw over after it helped :evilgrin:

I have a problem with Zira's age... Shouldn't she have been old and gray by Simba's Pride? She had lived to see two generations after her grow up... Generations don't have to come in blocks, you know. Most likely, she was somewhere between Simba's and Scar's age (probably closer to Simba, acutally).

Edit:
Originally posted by Va-Kasi
Zira may be younger than Scar. She may not have even been his mate, so there's nothing saying that she defiantly is the same age as Scar ;)And even if she were his mate, where does it state that mates must be the same age? :bleen:

unregistered user
August 12th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Shatara, when MoS said that, she was translating what NtL had said earlier because NtL was.. well.. um.. confusing :cheese:

And it doesn't state anywhere that I know of that you have to be a certain age to go with someone else.

Shatara
August 12th, 2005, 02:52 AM
Shatara, when MoS said that, she was translating what NtL had said earlier because NtL was.. well.. um.. confusing :cheese: So what changed other than the one being rebuked?

Sombolia
August 12th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Allow me to translate, mi amor.

She said that villians can love but Zira didn't have to do everything the way Scar would have. She didn't have to try and attack Kiara when she was trying to help her back up, but she did because Scar would have done the same. ( :confused: Where this reasoning comes from, I don't know... ) And then Nala assures Simba that Kiara's just like he was when he was younger, so she'll be okay.

I have a problem with Zira's age... Shouldn't she have been old and gray by Simba's Pride? She had lived to see two generations after her grow up...

Lol, thank you x)

Yeah, I agree with Shatara.. Zira was different then Scar in alot of ways...

And I imagine Zira being a cub when Simba was born, so she was around adolescensy when he was a cub, etc..

Melody of Scar
August 12th, 2005, 03:15 AM
But Scar was an adult when Simba was born...

The age difference doesn't work... X.x

Shatara
August 12th, 2005, 03:25 AM
But Scar was an adult when Simba was born...

The age difference doesn't work... X.x What age difference doesn't work?

Melody of Scar
August 12th, 2005, 04:05 AM
If Zira was a cub when Simba was born.

Scar was already an adult by that point, so basically when he was approaching old age he'd be with a lioness just entering her prime.

I mean it'd work for their purposes, but I just don't like that.

Sombolia
August 12th, 2005, 04:12 AM
If Zira was a cub when Simba was born.

Scar was already an adult by that point, so basically when he was approaching old age he'd be with a lioness just entering her prime.

I mean it'd work for their purposes, but I just don't like that.

I worked it out, and it works fine (mathmatically speaking).

But I can see your point.. but then again, it's not like he wouldn't do it - he tried to seduce Nala, who is younger. *shrugs*

Melody of Scar
August 12th, 2005, 07:45 AM
I worked it out, and it works fine (mathmatically speaking).

But I can see your point.. but then again, it's not like he wouldn't do it - he tried to seduce Nala, who is younger. *shrugs*

Which is true.

... Let's just leave it at Scar's a horny old lion. :evilgrin:

starlioness
August 12th, 2005, 08:04 AM
he'd probably try to seduce Vitani or Kiara if he could...:eek: well, maybe not Kiara..:woeisme:

Sombolia
August 12th, 2005, 08:08 AM
LOL MoS XD

starlioness: I don't think so.. who in their right mind would wanna seduce Kiara (except Kovu, but he's obviously insane, so he doesn't count)? And Vitani's his daughter.. at least, in my warped, little fantasy world she is, even if that doesn't make mathmatical sense.

Shutting up now.

Melody of Scar
August 12th, 2005, 08:32 AM
NEVER SPEAK OF SCAR DEFILING HIMSELF BY EVEN TOUCHING KIARA... :die:

;) <3

Vitani/Scar would made me die a little inside.

And you mean "doesn't mathematically make sense", right Sombi? :evilgrin:

Sombolia
August 12th, 2005, 09:29 AM
NEVER SPEAK OF SCAR DEFILING HIMSELF BY EVEN TOUCHING KIARA... :die:

;) <3

Vitani/Scar would made me die a little inside.

And you mean "doesn't mathematically make sense", right Sombi? :evilgrin:

I think Kovu is Scar's son, but Scar offically disowned him after he fell in love with Kiara, so Zira went back in time and erased all mentions of them being related.

This has been CONSPIRICY THEORIES FOR IDIOTS.

And I meant "even if that doesn't make mathmatical sense" - darn little -ly, slipping into my posts and messing up my grammar! >_<

Nela
August 12th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Gah. I don't like WAO..

My fave is HLIY. ML is er.. different, WAO isn't my type of song, Upendi was just embarrassing, and LWFAW was okay.

Ugh... Upendi. I can't express my feelings for that song. Why did they even put that in the movie?! I think that was the worst song, IMO.... ML was okay, it was entertaining, but for younger kids, I'd have to disagree. :p I like cub Kovu more than the adult Kovu, I liked Zira's character Design, and I think she ties with Scar for me. Kiara... I like her, but... I just think she was missing something. They could have added more to her personality or something. I love Simba in the first movie, but not too much in the second. Vitani is the bomb... Nuka is cool, but whacked. Am I missing anyone? lol.... this is all MY OPINION...

ChildOfThePride
August 24th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Sorry to disappoint y'all, but Zira is Scar/Muffy's sister. I read it in a press release somewhere.

I'll dig that up at some point soon, I promise. Anyway, it does make a lot of sense.

What I think is, Scar and Zira plotted against Mufasa (we don't see this in TLK1 because, well, Zira didn't exist back then), but Scar (being the super evil genius we know n' love....:evilgrin: ) kept quiet with his plans whilst Zira did not.

It could be that Scar wanted Zira as his sister-queen ('no incest' indeed, Disney...), which would explain Nuka's haggard appearance. After that I surmise Scar told Zira to find a rogue, and perhaps if a suitable heir was not born, ordered them (the rogue) killed. But I'm crazy like that. :ayecapn:

Sombolia
August 24th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
Sorry to disappoint y'all, but Zira is Scar/Muffy's sister. I read it in a press release somewhere.

*snort* Dude, that's the same "press release" that said Sarabi was banished to the Outlands and that Kovu is Scar's nephew. In short, it's crap.

http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Timali/WebpageScreengrab.gif

ChildOfThePride
August 24th, 2005, 11:31 AM
No it wasn't...

It was posted on Ultimate Disney, which is a very reputable source.

EDIT: Oh. Silly me, that's the official Disney site. LOL.

Kiara Serengeti
August 24th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I think we are just overcomplicating things.

Melody of Scar
August 24th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Wait.

Zira is Scar and Mufasa's sister? :confused:

Sombolia
August 24th, 2005, 10:01 PM
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/lionking112/helpful_hints/jungle_king.html

Tell if me that sounds right to you.. e_e

Nala The Lion
August 24th, 2005, 10:04 PM
WHAT?! Kiara is far worse! I was kinda hoping Zira would grab onto Kiara at the end of the movie and they both fell intot he water :evilgrin: :jejeje:

:lol: Nah, but Kiara is by far the worst of all of the Lion King characters IMHO >> It shouldn't be physically or judicially possible to laugh that much >.<

her giggle was annoying yes, and she was a bit of a bubblehead but Zira just got to me! :grrr: that voice, her personality, everything just argh!

Melody of Scar
August 25th, 2005, 01:30 AM
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/lionking112/helpful_hints/jungle_king.html

Tell if me that sounds right to you.. e_e

I already read that. :bleen:

Sombolia
August 25th, 2005, 02:10 AM
I already read that. :bleen:

Does it sound right to you? :p

Melody of Scar
August 25th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Does it sound right to you? :p

No.

Especially considering her name isn't Serabi.

Sombolia
August 25th, 2005, 06:54 AM
No.

Especially considering her name isn't Serabi.

Exactly. :bleen: So no, Zira isn't related to Scar or Mufasa, unless she's Scar's mate and Mufasa's in-law. :p

Melody of Scar
August 25th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Exactly. :bleen: So no, Zira isn't related to Scar or Mufasa, unless she's Scar's mate and Mufasa's in-law. :p

Take your witty remarks and shove 'em. :bleen: ;)

Busa_ngo_thando
August 25th, 2005, 07:23 AM
I think:

Zira is Scar's wife. And Kovu is adopted.
Because Scar is family of Kiara.
And if Kovu Scar's son, than is Kovu family of Kiara,
Before they 'married'.

Do You understand?

But that's what I think..

Kiara Serengeti
August 25th, 2005, 12:57 PM
After Simba banished Zira, Scar?s sister-in-law Serabi and Scar?s other followers....

It's S*A*rabi, first of all. And second of all, why would Simba banish his MOTHER?

Nala The Lion
August 26th, 2005, 11:58 PM

Ofcourse Villians are allowed to love, But Zira's just annoying. Scar wasn't an idiot, no, But Zira does everything for/the way Scar would. where Nala and Kiara do not do everything for/the way Simba and Kovu would

TheUnknownSoul
December 1st, 2005, 05:00 AM
I know she wasn't in the original movie, but tlk2 wasn't planned then, always new characters in new movies.

But where do you think she came from, why do you think shes soo GRRRR. I personally think she has an awesome design XP even if it is similar to scar, its not the same

Anyway, I think Zira was younger than Mufasa and Scar. Due to the fact in tlk2 she still has a lot of strength and can do things herself. I think she was born when Scar was just starting to get his mane. so when she was a cub cub his mane was filling out.

I think she had an odd obsession with him. I can see her as a newborn trying to go to him instead of her mother, then as a cub follow him about, and be one of the few who actually call him Scar, in the beginning.

I think she was always hateful towards the rest of Scar's family, including ahadi and Mufasa, maybe even Uru since she stole some of the attention away.

Then when simba came around i cant see her as being very pleasant to hiom or any other pridelanders. Scar doesnt actually take Zira as a mate (nor love her), but she seems to think its that way. Then when Scar becomes king, he conciders needing an hier. strangly enough zira is not his first choice, but then decides to have a cub with her. Nuka (who turned out scrawny and weak, and Scar felt punished, therefore zira didnt like the cub much either, or didnt seem to)

Simba comes back and takes the lands back. Zira is still trying to get over Scar, and is always angry. When Simba has a healthy cub (Kopa) shes enraged, and like Scar did to simba, plans to kill the cub. (I havent thought out how she does this, but due to some other peoples thoughts, i think its something indirect like Scar did)

Kopa is killed, and Zira is exiled. She takes Nuka of course, since he is the last thing of scars she has. Two other lionesses come too (Maiba and Mudiwa, neither whom are canon) She joins the outlanders, who hunt on the outskirts of the pridelands. (I dont think Simba realizes for a while shes joined them until later on)

Zira knows Scar didn't want Nuka as a heir. So... She attempts to find another male. She finds one who strongly resimblesScar, only stronger in build, but similar in looks. (in my world, its Tuke) Thus her twins: Kovu and Vitan

You know the rest.

Lets hear your thoughts :huh:

Simbaspirit
December 1st, 2005, 05:16 AM
hmmm, some interesting points there. i always thought someone said POOF and there she was.

nathalie
December 1st, 2005, 10:49 AM
There was already a discussion thread about Zira :)

*threads merged*

TheUnknownSoul
December 1st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Sorry XD Im used to Lilymud, where bumping threads gets you an OMGWTF?!

unregistered user
December 1st, 2005, 04:02 PM
You can bump old topic if you have a intresting important post it's legal.
;)