PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park IV

Simba '04
July 29th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Universal is about to give out some details of JPIV before the summer is over hopefully!!! :cheese:

and also I found this...

(3/25/05) After being missing for so long that I forgot it was ever there, the large Mountie hat has returned to the top of Ripsaw Falls. The T-Rex and Jurassic Park Jeeps from USF have also been moved over to IOA. Check it out and other photos at IOACentral.
(10/11/04) Want to see photos of HHN 14? Then check out our latest venture... Screamscape.NET, featuring photos from HHN 14 and the Bill & Ted show.

2006 - Lagoon Night Show - (5/11/05) According to the latest update at Jim Hill Media, he states towards the end that IOA may be planning on adding a new nighttime spectacular show.

icon_STOP4912007 - New Jurassic Park Attraction - Rumor - (7/27/05) While I have nothing to back this latest rumor up, one source suggests that Universal was quite happy with Premier Rides coaster system used for the Mummy last year and they may have tempted them again to try a Jurassic Park Jeep version of Premier?s latest ride... The Italian Job Stunt Track for Premier Parks. Like Mummy, the ride could start with a slow tour of the jungle before you get attacked by a large dino like a T-Rex, followed by a launch into a high speed escape through the jungle. It sounds like a good idea... if it wasn?t so similar to Revenge of the Mummy next door.
(7/25/05) The buzz is getting so loud it?s almost mind numbing, but in addition to rumors, I?ve heard from a good source that a new attraction is now locked into place for 2007. The only odd thing is that we?re hearing quite a few reports about where this new attraction may be placed, which mean it could be quite large. The land between the River Adventure and Flying Unicorn is an obvious choice for another Jurassic Park themed attraction (it?s where the balloons were sighted) but we?ve also heard that it may make use of the former Triceratops Encounter area as well as have an impact on Camp Jurassic as well. More as we find out.
(7/20/05) It?s been awhile since we?ve heard anything newsworthy about this side of the park, but the latest buzz from the natives of the Jurassic Park jungle is that a new attraction could be announced for the area by the end of the year. There was also an unconfirmed claim about seeing another skyline height check balloon flying over the JP area of the park a few weeks ago. Again, the old standby rumors that have been flying around for years have come back again... such as the old Jeep Tour and even the Helicoptours simulator ride that would have used the same ride system as Disney?s Soarin. But those are concepts from years ago and somehow I think they may try something new this time around if these rumors are true. Stay tuned!
(3/16/05) Is a new ride in development for the Jurassic Park area of the park or is the rumor mill simply working overtime? The latest rumors claim that people spotted skyline check balloons rising into the sky from the Jurassic Park area in early March.
(2/9/05) Either this is the rumor that wont die or there really may be something in the works after all. Once again the story about a B&M Flying coaster themed to fit the Jurassic Park area has returned. The details this time claim that the Pteradon Flyers will be removed to make room and allow airspace for the new coaster to fly over Camp Jurassic instead. The ride will also take up the space formerly used by the Triceratops Encounter. For now, lets keep our eyes peeled and see what happens.
(12/31/04) This may just be a returning echo of an old rumor coming back, but it sounded good then and may still be a good idea now. The latest buzz to hit our mailbox was about a B&M Flyer coaster themed to a Pteradon Attack. A couple of years back this rumor hit before about adding this kind of ride inside of a large aviary / birdcage for the beasts, but nothing ever came of it. I guess we?ll have to wait until mid 2005 to see if any construction starts in the old Tike or Camp Jurassic areas. The only problem is that so far NBC haven?t tried to spoil their new parks division with any major capital for major new ride projects yet, so we?re still waiting to see if they are willing to invest this kind of money or not.
(11/3/04) With all the fuss over the past couple of days about the possible return of the old JP Jeep Ride concept, we?ve been sent a link to a website that has concept artwork of the old concept as well as a few other items from back when IOA was still just a dream.
(11/1/04) Screamscape has received another unverified rumor claiming that something may be in the works for the Jurassic Park area for 2006. The timing of this also makes sense since 2006 or 2007 is likely to be when the JP4 film is released. Our tipster also claims that many of the talented people who brought the Spider-man ride to life are working on this project and left us with a final tease, ?JEEPers?! At this point we?ll have to wait and see if this evolves into something real.
(8/9/04) We?ve heard a minor rumor claiming that an attraction in the works for 2007 may be placed in Jurassic Park on the site of the closed Triceratops Encounter.

which means they are making a even BIGGER Jp ride!

also this...

July 21, 2005 Universal Studios JP4 Speculation
# Is the JP4 ball rolling? A few tiny tidbits of info have surfaced over the last few days (and weeks -- see the previous story), probably most interestingly from Matt, who reports a tour guide at Universal Studios Hollywood said this week JP4 "would be back in 2006 [to film at the studio]", and they were already booking sets. On the other side of the country at Universal Studios Orlando, meanwhile, Screamscape.com echoes the previous rumor that a new JP ride is in the works. "There was also an unconfirmed claim about seeing another skyline height check balloon flying over the JP area of the park a few weeks ago," the site says. So, still nothing definite, but it sure sounds like something is going on.... (Thanks 'raptor1982') Comment on this story (25 comments)

July 1, 2005 JP4 Announcement Coming This Summer?
So it's been a pretty slow first half of the year in terms of JP4 news. In fact, what little there's been has been depressing, scary, and overall not very encouraging. But according to a source, we might be getting some JP4 news very soon. "You can expect a big JP announcement blitz before the end of the summer/this autumn at the latest," says 'BRI', the same guy who alerted DJP3P to the imminent AICN script review back in August. "Universal is planning on getting their act together for JP4 very soon," he says. "This announcement will coincide with the announcement of a new BIG Jurassic Park attraction at Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure. These plans of course may change (as they usually do!) but it sounds like things are coming together!" Looks like there may be a ray of light at the end of the tunnel after all...
# Comment on this story (66 comments)

News Bites
So what else has been goin on? Not much, honestly. Here's a few news bites of note:

* FX guru Dennis Muren tells Comingsoon.net he's "dino'ed out" when asked if he'd be working on JP4, though he wasn't involved in JP3...
* The UK and Germany of all places will be getting a new JP DVD box set in August called "Jurassic Park: The Ultimate Collection" that reportedly will contain a bonus 4th disc. Update: Amazon.co.uk is now accepting pre-orders for the set, which does not contain any new content but includes the "Beyond JP" disc and pretty neat looking packaging.
* An unfortunate note: The rise of Lucas' Revenge of the Sith has officially bumped the late great JP off the Top 10 All-time Box Office list.

I'll keep you updated if I can find anything else!

Sharifu
July 29th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Cool!!!! Thanks for the info Simba 04! I am definitely a JP fan and I love dinosaurs! Jurassic Park is my favorite film along with TLK. This ride sounds so awesome!

unregistered user
July 29th, 2005, 06:30 AM
I'm looking forward to this movie *is hoping it's sometime next year*

King Simba
July 29th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks a lot for the info. This movie sounds pretty awesome... I've always liked the JP movies. ;)

Prince Simba
July 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM
JP rocks socks. We should all get together and go see it. :p

Just kidding

Simba '04
July 29th, 2005, 05:33 PM
that would be awesome :wow: good idea PS ;)

an for Jp coming out next year, it is more than likely not going to happen because of the "13" rule. Hollywood movies have a thing about making a sequel 13 years after the original and guess what? 2006 will the 13th anniversary of Jp, so they will probably not let it come out next year, but if it does then that would be totally awesome. I'm looking foward to the new ride, especially the Jeep tour one!!! That would be soooo cool to actually expierence Jp as a ride where you get to be chased by the T-Rex and everything so you can feel like you were Dr. Alan Grant himself!

Sharifu
July 30th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Simba '04
I'm looking foward to the new ride, especially the Jeep tour one!!! That would be soooo cool to actually expierence Jp as a ride where you get to be chased by the T-Rex and everything so you can feel like you were Dr. Alan Grant himself!

I totally agree! Even though I am a big JP fan, I don't really like the JP ride that's at Universal Studios now, because I don't like getting that soaked on a ride. The Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom at Disneyworld is so much cooler I think! And it sounds like this new JP ride will be like that one.

I doubt JP IV will be that good story wise, but I always want to see it because I love dinosaurs! The original Jurassic Park is a great movie though!

King Simba
July 30th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
I totally agree! Even though I am a big JP fan, I don't really like the JP ride that's at Universal Studios now, because I don't like getting that soaked on a ride. The Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom at Disneyworld is so much cooler I think! And it sounds like this new JP ride will be like that one.
I've been on both of those rides. The JP ride wasn't as I expected it to be so really, I preferred the Dinosaur ride. My mum decided to come on that ride with us unlike on the JP ride, my dad was the only one who came on. We went on the Dinosaur ride twice but we only went on the JP ride once. ;)

Sharifu
July 30th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I watched a part of Jurassic Park when I was much younger... it scared me, LOTS, and I've somehow never had the inclination to watch it again :eek: ... Still though, if you like that kinda thing, go ahead and watch it, I'm sure you'll love it :lol: ...

Haha, I saw JP first when I was 8, and I was never scared, and my mom saw it before me and she was totally scared when she first saw it. Her and my aunt said they were gripping onto their arm handles in the theater, that even their arms were hurting after the movie. :lol:

I love dinosaurs!!!! :D

Originally posted by King Simba
I've been on both of those rides. The JP ride wasn't as I expected it to be so really, I preferred the Dinosaur ride. My mum decided to come on that ride with us unlike on the JP ride, my dad was the only one who came on. We went on the Dinosaur ride twice but we only went on the JP ride once. ;)

I wanna go on the Dinosaur ride again! I went on it before I even heard about the movie Dinosaur. It was based on that movie too! Once Disney's Dinosaur was released, the ride's name was changed to Disney's Dinosaur. It used to be called Count Down to Extinction. I really want to go on that again, I only went on it once. I really really loved Animal Kingdom, I went there just once. I want to go back someday!

Xinithian
July 30th, 2005, 06:04 PM
I hope they put more thought and action into the fourth one, so it wont turn out like the third one.

Simba '04
July 30th, 2005, 08:44 PM
:lol: I first saw Jp when it came out in theatres back in '93 when I was only 7 years old, I loved that movie sooo much! I constantly begged my mom to take me back to it over and over again, I think I saw it like 7 times in theatres before it came out on vhs and then I watched it soo many times that it broke the ribbon inside the vhs so I got another and for some reason didn't watch it that much anymore and so then when the dvd came out I started watching it again :idiot:

I had all of the Jp toys, I mean I was a Jurassic Park freak! Everyday I played with the toys and pretended to be Dr. Grant, I have that movie memorized backwards and fowards :lol: ;)

Sharifu
July 30th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Omg I have a bunch of JP toys too! I loved the JP toys! I didn't want any dinosaur toys unless they were JP toys. :lol: Other dinosaur toys looked so cheap compared to the JP toys.

I heard that the JP toys made more money then the movie! :gasp: And we all know how much the money the movie made.

Kovu The Lion
July 30th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Hmm I've never really cared for Jurassic Park :\ :idiot:

Simba '04
December 4th, 2005, 09:35 PM
latest update...there really is none except for the fact that the final draft is being re-written because it was leaked out onto the internet...so if some stupid hacker hadn't put it on the internet then JPIV could possibly be coming out next year >.<

Azerane
December 4th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04
that would be awesome :wow: good idea PS ;)

an for Jp coming out next year, it is more than likely not going to happen because of the "13" rule. Hollywood movies have a thing about making a sequel 13 years after the original and guess what? 2006 will the 13th anniversary of Jp, so they will probably not let it come out next year, but if it does then that would be totally awesome. I'm looking foward to the new ride, especially the Jeep tour one!!! That would be soooo cool to actually expierence Jp as a ride where you get to be chased by the T-Rex and everything so you can feel like you were Dr. Alan Grant himself!

:confused: Has it really been 12 years since JP was released... wow. Where does the time go? That's amazing, and considering it was brought out so long ago the special effects are pretty amazing.=D I'm not sure what they're gonna make the 4th one about but hopefully it'll be a good story line. I quite like the JP movies.

SpiritWolf77
December 4th, 2005, 11:16 PM
*crosses fingers* Please be good! I was thoroughly dissapointed by JP3...it's only purpose was to be CG dinosaur eye candy. So not like the original masterpiece. JP2 wasn't great either, but at least they still had Malcolm (my favorite character).

JP is one of my two favorite books (the other being Children of Dune by Frank Herbert) so I've been eagerly/apprehensively waiting for more info on JP4.

nafklt
December 5th, 2005, 12:07 AM
OMG! Awesomeness!:cool:

unregistered user
December 5th, 2005, 05:57 AM
|^| JP3 wasn't that bad, but 'twas'nt no JP2 nor the masterpiece, JP.

JPIV better high hopes than expectations. Universal, do your thing!

I think JPIV will be a JP2 equivalent or better?

Amaryllis
December 5th, 2005, 01:02 PM
EEEEE i SO hope it's true!!! :cheese: :D:D
i LOVE Jurassic Parc, 'tis one of my fav. movies =D

But i also heared somewhere that they would be making this documentairy ore something about all movies, although im not sure :confused:

Sharifu
December 6th, 2005, 11:42 PM
I was just thinking, how every 4 years after Jurassic Park came out, there was a sequel. Not so for Jurassic Park IV though... If that was the case, it should of came out this past summer.

Ah well.

I wanna see King Kong though... Mainly because of the dinosaurs. :lol: :D

King Simba
December 6th, 2005, 11:47 PM
My sister wants to see King Kong. I saw the trailer for it whilst going to see HP 4. Actually looked pretty awesome--wouldn't turn my nose up to it, that's for sure.

As for this new JP movie, I suppose I'll see it. I particularly liked the 1st and 2nd JP movies and the 3rd one wasn't half bad either. I've always enjoyed the JP movies and I've always had a liking for Dinosaurs.

Bu JP does RULE. Makes me wanna watch it again now. :cheese:

Juniper
December 7th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Well, I thought JP 3 was a complete bombshell, really made me angry at Universal, hopefully they won't blow it again this time around. Any news on who the director is for sure?

Simba '04
December 7th, 2005, 02:15 AM
there were rumours that Spielberg wanted to direct this one as it was going to be the final film with Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum (sp?), and the guy who played Hammond :idiot:, also rumoured that Keira Knightley was going to play Lex somehow :confused:

Eva Janus
December 7th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Holy Schmitt!! Jurassic Park is definitly my most FAVORITE movie EVER! Sorry, TLK... :hehe: ... anyhow... I never got to go on the JP ride at Universal Studios cuz it's in California and I'm in Florida! (the US here sucks >.<)... oh well... Hey, Audra! I have a bunch of JP toys as well and I'm not letting anyone ever have 'em! :D I used to have posters as well, but they're so old and torn up that I keep 'em safely wrapped up in my closet. (they used to be my older brother's and so that's why they're torn up :alone: )

lion_roog
December 7th, 2005, 09:41 PM
I remember seeing Jurassic Park when I was 8 or 9 years old in theatres. I was really into back then. I just hope this fourth movie doesn't suck as much as the third...:D...I thought the second one was pretty good.:cheese:

Simba '04
January 10th, 2006, 04:21 AM
as I posted in the IJIV thread, Jp IV is being pushed back even farther now! It is still due out next summer but :(....they won't even begin filming until they are done with IJIV and they aren't going to finish that until early next year...so JPIV will be pushing it, they don't even have a director yet :gasp: Spielberg needs to take his seat back with this film and get it straightened out ;)

DerekNitroRC
February 22nd, 2006, 04:11 AM
*bumps*

Marshall: JP4 in 2008
More JP4 tidbits from Spielberg producer Frank Marshall, this time from the London Free Press, where yesterday a quick article asked him about JP4. Marshall responds: "[JP4] has a good script now, so we should have that one up and running next year for release in 2008."

*sigh*

Utora
February 22nd, 2006, 04:17 AM
Another? ???! What order do they all go in now? For the love of everything holy....it's getting a little old/confusing/tiredsome, and it's kind of staining the JP reputation. :E

DerekNitroRC
February 22nd, 2006, 04:19 AM
I don't think they can get any worse than JPIII, JPIV Dawn of Extinction should be much better and will be ending the series with the destruction of the islands

unregistered user
February 22nd, 2006, 04:59 AM
I'll have to agree with S'04. JPIV DoE will probably be a lot better than JPIII. The fact of the matter that it'll be ending the JP miscellanea. As I said before, it could very well be as good as the second installment, perhaps better.

We shall see...

lion_roog
February 22nd, 2006, 05:03 AM
Man...2008?!...That's a long time from now...like five years or something...:D

DerekNitroRC
February 22nd, 2006, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Sonkakee
I'll have to agree with S'04. JPIV DoE will probably be a lot better than JPIII. The fact of the matter that it'll be ending the JP miscellanea. As I said before, it could very well be as good as the second installment, perhaps better.

We shall see...

Well Spielberg himself said that the script for JPIV is better than tLW and almost as good as the first one if not the same. But he also did WotW, great movie but really rushed and if he does the same with JPIV DoE then he mine as well call it a sequal to just JPIII and not the entire Jp series ;)

unregistered user
February 22nd, 2006, 05:23 AM
http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/650/650862/JP4-poster_1126717899.jpg

Think this'll be the JP4 movie poster? Notice the incorrect release date???

DerekNitroRC
February 22nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
:lol: no no no, that is fake, someone from Dan's JPIII page made that and even admitted he made it, as you can see it has a spitter on it when JPIV will be more about raptors ;) :lol:

Sharifu
February 22nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
The raptors are just way too popular. :p I love them though. ;) Can't wait for JPIV. 2008 is a long time to wait though. But hopefully it will be worth it.

Eva Janus
February 22nd, 2006, 09:12 PM
I saw some stuff about JP4 coming out. I'm so not looking forward to it... :yuck: I mean... they have really overdone the whole JP theme and stuff. The first pretty good and is my number one fav movie (cuz dinosaurs are AWESOME!!!), the second was a good movie but didn't follow the book, the third sucked as a JP movie (would've been good as a movie by itself, like, without the JP title and theme)... I'm just really worried. I don't want the JP stories to go downhill... They already screwed it up with JP3.

:woeisme: x 100

Krypto
February 22nd, 2006, 09:32 PM
I've started to get tired of raptors being the focal point. :yuck: They've also proven that there's no way that raptors were actually anything like the raptors in the movie, right? I'd like to see more T-Rex, though I recognize that there doesn't seem to be a lot to do with an animal that is that size. Speaking about how the dinosaurs actually were: have you all heard that scientists now believe that the T-Rex most likely had feathers! But I am excited to see another Jurassic Park! The first one always seemed like such a smart movie. It seems like people went to see the first movie just to see the theory behind how it was all possible. With the second and the third, there was none of that. They were both simply action. And that's cool, though I thought the scientific aspect made the first film different from other movies. Though I am excited about the potential of the special effects. Seeing what was done with King Kong's backgrounds, if they filmed JP IV in real locations and put all of that special effect power into the animals themselves, it could be really, really awesome. I'd also like to see Spielberg back behind the helm. Then we'd be talking! :cheese:

I just hope that this one has Dr. Grant in it. As long as he's in it, I'm excited! :D

Amaryllis
February 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Well i am really curious about the new movie, i always loved the JP movies, and i still love them next to TLK ^_^ i can't wait that long! =(

Timon
February 27th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I quite enjoyed the first Jurrassic Park, but they're just getting carried away with sequels now, I can see it starting to suffer from Land Before Time Syndrome. They should just start another dinosaur franchise, in a similar style if they really must.

DerekNitroRC
February 28th, 2006, 12:59 AM
I would like to see Spielberg taking control of this one as well Krypto, and Grant being back, boo ya :cheese:!!! *sigh* they did ruin JPIII but o well, and for TLW I actually like that movie, some of the stuff in it was stupid but it was still good. Somehow I think this project will get scrapped and probably won't be coming out until like 2020 or something like Terminator

Simba_2004
April 10th, 2007, 03:24 PM
*bump*

Finally they are starting to work on it again :cheese:

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news/article.asp/aid/4039/tcid/1

Xinithian
April 10th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Uh oh, looks like it will be coming out around the same time as Prince Caspian! Hopefully they will do a much better job with this one than JPIII...

Simba_2004
April 10th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I hope Joe Johnston doesn't direct this movie and that they actually put some effort into the script this time. They had better bring back Grant for this one since they ruined his character in JpIII and redeem him in this movie.

Sharifu
April 10th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Oh wow... Well I'm not expecting anything great, especially after JPIII... But if anything, it would be great to see just for the dinosaurs, heh.

But I love Jurassic Park and dinosaurs, so this is pretty cool to hear. Thanks for the link Simba_04.

Simba_2004
April 11th, 2007, 12:20 AM
np, I'm trying to get the news out as fast as I can find it. But lately there really hasn't been any news on Jp IV, even Spielberg is keeping quiet about it

Azerane
April 11th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Cool, hopefully they'll come up with something decent. It'll be cool in anycase, if only for the dinosaurs.

King Simba
April 11th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I didn't think JPIII was too bad actually, but it definitely was nowhere near as good as the first two. JPIV could be better though, but I'm not expecting anything amazing or on the lines of the first two... we'll just have to wait and see. I'll probably go and see it when it comes out anyway, as I've always liked Dinosaurs and the JP movies.

Thanks for the link and news, '04. :)