PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King who crys when watching the lion king??

unregistered user
June 15th, 2004, 08:51 PM
hello there. i was just woundring who crys at the lion king?
you would think that because you have watched the film soooooo many times, you will get over the bit were mufasa dies bur every time i see that bit i ALWAYS cry. i dont think i will every get over it.
sometimes i have to skip it! LOL
please tell me weather you cry at it or you can just get along with it because i fell like such a wimp!! LOL
thanks
sarah

Simba_2004
June 15th, 2004, 10:17 PM
i cry when i watch it, i have only watched it one time today about to start it a second time so time to get some tissues ;)

Simba_TLK
June 16th, 2004, 12:24 AM
you would think i would get over it when ive watched it so many times :lol:

but yeah, i dont 'cry' exactly, more like get a sad feeling :p and sometimes get teary eyed :lol:

it goes the same with Brother Bear :p

Prince Simba
June 16th, 2004, 07:03 AM
^^ yeah same with me... Brother Bear was pretty sad there at the end

once in awhile after watching TLK, ill get all depressed and stuff, and have to listen to i just cant wait to be king (happy songs and such) to make me happy again...

Mabatu
June 16th, 2004, 07:59 AM
It makes me teary eyed and sad. And if i'm in a sad mood anyway, it can easily make me cry.

Once after finishing watching TLK after realizing it's the best movie ever, i listened to the song 'he lives in you'. it made me cry heaps - but hasn't since then. Luckily i was home alone at the time so nobody knows :jejeje:

I get all emotional at the end too when Simba ascends Pride Rock. The music, and everything about that scene is just so moving.

Xanahti
June 16th, 2004, 08:26 AM
I don't think i've really cried to it, maybe when i was younger, but i can't remember. I ALWAYS cries when i watch Black beauty, i'm teareyed just thinking of it.:( And i got a bit teareyed when i watched Brother bear.:P

nathalie
June 16th, 2004, 08:50 AM
I saw it at the movies, 3 times. When I was 11 or so.

Never cried.

I had it on VHS, never cried eather.

unregistered user
June 16th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I cry when Simba realizes his father's dead and crawls underneath his paw. :tears:

Sadiki
June 16th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I use to cry when I watch TLK... but because I have seen it almoust 1000 of times... I cry more rarely...

but... yesterday on TLKoB I cried like a 9 times... it was damn effective.

that was great.

Naline
June 16th, 2004, 05:55 PM
I dont 'cry' when i watch it anymore but i do get tingles down my spine and well up at certain bits, but that completely depends on what mood im in at the time. If im in a sad and depressive mood then it will have a greater impact and i'll probably tear up.

But the broadway made me tearyeyed aswell just because of the sheer power of the music, it's much more emotive to feel the music rather than it just playing out from a TV set.

I wanna see the film at the cinema again to try and recreate that effect with the film......oh well, i can dream!!!

unregistered user
June 16th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Yeah...I dont cry..I get teary eyes and alot of emotions go through me

unregistered user
June 16th, 2004, 09:53 PM
wow, some of you guys must be strong not to cray at it!! i cant help myself! i cry loads at the film, you want to see me ar LTKoB!!!! my dad thought i was an idiot! it was the msuic that got me, if there was no music at the part were simbas dad dies dont think i would be as upset. i would still cry, no doubt but not as much

Kasun
June 16th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Sorry i don't cry, I dont really show sympathy or emotions for other things.

TakaTiger
June 16th, 2004, 11:02 PM
i used to allmost cry when i was alot littler... but i dont anymore oO

unregistered user
June 17th, 2004, 12:53 AM
well the first time i saw it in the cinemas when i was about 7 or 8 years old i cried to it, but now it's like the more i see it the more rarely i cry to it, i want to cry more but i just can't because i have seen the same thing so many times.. so i try to have some timespace between everytime i watch the movie.
i allways get sad feelings while watching it though, how much i cry to it depends on witch mood i am in also.

Garfield
June 17th, 2004, 01:35 AM
I haven't cried while watching TLK....well ok I did cry while watching it for the first time when it came out ...but hey I was only 7 ;)

unregistered user
June 17th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Garfield
I haven't cried while watching TLK....well ok I did cry while watching it for the first time when it came out ...but hey I was only 7 ;)

Indeed,XDXDXD!!!

Nephilim
June 17th, 2004, 10:39 AM
I have to be the odd one out here. I've never cried at it, ever.

Sadiki
June 17th, 2004, 12:34 PM
there is diffrend kind of people... so don't think it's odd.

my friend haven't cry in 7 years...

some peoples just cant show their feelings. or then they just let it out some other way.

SimbaLKD
June 17th, 2004, 12:40 PM
For me.. It really depends on my mood at the time. in most cases, I like to watch it when Im already sad, so in nearly all cases I do cry. It triggers a lot of memories and things, so, yeah I do..
:(

nafklt
June 19th, 2004, 08:15 AM
I cry every time I watch the movie, especially the part where Mufasa dies and Simba is hopelessly trying to wake his late father up. But I only cry if I watched from the beginning or it ruins the moment. It's so sad just thinking about it now. Personally, I think the best part was the music; Hans Zimmer, good job!

Mabatu
June 19th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I don't get upset when Scar dies. It is kinda tragic though, if you believe that he was never treated right as a cub just because he was physically smaller and stuff. Still, murder is NEVER EVER an answer to ANYTHING, so that's the main reason why he gets no sympathy. :rolleyes:

I feel sad when Mufasa dies, its like i lose someone special to me...and Simba trying to wake him up is sad. :(

I love the ending too, when Simba ascends pride rock. That's very emotional. :)

nafklt
June 19th, 2004, 09:14 PM
I really liked the ending with "King of Pride Rock" as the background music.

unregistered user
June 20th, 2004, 08:31 AM
yeah, i like the background music to "king of pride rock". it makes me feel so much happier!
i dont feel upset either in the bit were scar dies. i feel as thow he got wot he deserved.

the music is what makes the film.

:-)

unregistered user
June 21st, 2004, 01:36 AM
I haven't cried over The Lion King in years :( But I do get all sad and almost get teary eyed.

I cry during Forrest Gump everytime, even though I've seen it so many times it's pathetic. << Oh! By the way, I saw the Terminal AWESOME movie ^_^ I cried :p

Simba_2004
June 21st, 2004, 02:06 AM
i want to see that, how is it and what is it about? how can they make that a movie?

Mabatu
June 21st, 2004, 06:33 AM
I watched the trailer for that on apple.com. It looks funny...unless i'm thinking of a different movie...:confused:

unregistered user
June 21st, 2004, 10:05 AM
:confused: i have never heard of it. what is it?

Simba_2004
June 21st, 2004, 04:38 PM
its is about Tom Hanks getting stuck in a airport for 9 months...and thats it, thats the whole movie

unregistered user
June 21st, 2004, 07:36 PM
o rite ok then. lol

unregistered user
June 21st, 2004, 10:45 PM
The Terminal is very good, it's no Forrest Gump, but it was definitely good, better than I thought it would be by far. I won't say anything about it though cause I don't wanna spoil it. I saw Around the World in 80 days as well, it was good, but I'd go for The Terminal instead myself ^^

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2004, 03:54 PM
In fact, I was just watching The Lion King a few minutes ago, and I cryed soooo hard when Mufasa died...:( I just cant get over it! So to answer your question...ya i do cry!

lionloversam
June 26th, 2004, 03:41 AM
When I first saw TLK I cried buckets and was all depressed up to the Hakuna Matata song. But not any more.

Simba_2004
June 26th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Aquarain
In fact, I was just watching The Lion King a few minutes ago, and I cryed soooo hard when Mufasa died...:( I just cant get over it! So to answer your question...ya i do cry!

don't look at Boos' banner then ;)

jannali
June 27th, 2004, 11:29 PM
I cry every time I watch it. That part where simba crawls under Mufasa's paw and his little tears roll down his cheeks. That is the reason why I love 2d animation. it awes me to see how much emotion can be poured in it, and how much the artist's hard work shows. *sighs* oh no, im getting all teary eyed just picturing simba now. *goes off to watch the movie*

unregistered user
June 27th, 2004, 11:48 PM
When I first saw it heh, I was crying my eyes out O_O I hadn't expected that to happen at all cause it's Disney after all and that had't happened since Bambi (I cried when i saw it too) XD

Lion King Stu
July 20th, 2004, 09:20 PM
to be honest i havn't watched this film in 5 or so years and in watching it the first time in that time I was near tears lol it is moving when u watch it after a very long time.
As this film covers a lot of ground if you know wat I mean, this film I consider to have a gr8 story line and cover proper feelings and emotions, god i sound stupid don't I lol

Mabatu
July 21st, 2004, 02:40 AM
No, you don't sound stupid! :)

TLK is the most emotionally moving movie i've ever seen! Although i'd have to say Brother Bear moved me as well, but there is something even more special about TLK, and because of it TLK is now a big part of my life ;)

unregistered user
July 22nd, 2004, 09:34 PM
Yes, it was a really emotional story:emo:

Shadow
July 23rd, 2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Mabatu
No, you don't sound stupid! :)

TLK is the most emotionally moving movie i've ever seen! Although i'd have to say Brother Bear moved me as well, but there is something even more special about TLK, and because of it TLK is now a big part of my life ;)

TLK our brother bear i think brother bear.
wen Koda meaths his mother in the end and all i cant stand it i have lost my mother to so.... :(

BluNikori
July 23rd, 2004, 03:06 AM
Circle of Life is what chokes me up every time XD but i've seen it so many times that i get teary less & less...hehe.

and...lotsa times in BroBear ^_~!!

Spirit:Stallion of the Cimmaron? oh yeah. the opening scene for sure!!!

nafklt
August 9th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Kenyi
Yes, it was a really emotional story:emo:

True. True.:ayecapn:

unregistered user
August 9th, 2004, 06:54 PM
I cry when Simba discovers his father is dead, looking for the one last chance that Mufasa may still be alive.

I also cry in the "no way out" scene in brother bear . . . I think that kind of thing just gets me.

Shadow
August 10th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Serval
I cry when Simba discovers his father is dead, looking for the one last chance that Mufasa may still be alive.

I also cry in the "no way out" scene in brother bear . . . I think that kind of thing just gets me.

when Kinan tells Koda. i allso cryed when they all hugs and when koda hugs his mothers spirit... geting to think of my mom...

Brother bear one of the greatest film ever !

Mabatu
August 12th, 2004, 02:45 PM
*SPOILER WARNING, UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN BROTHER BEAR, WHICH YOU PROBABLY HAVE!!!!!!!!*

The scene in Brother Bear when Kenai tells Koda what had happened really got to me. It was just something so terrible and unexpected, so ironic: here is innocent little Koda thinking he has just been separated from his mother, and has teamed up with this other bear, discovers his mum has been murdered by his new 'friend'. That was something very hard to deal with, emotionally. I mean, i can't even begin to think what Koda would have felt at that...seriously, when Disney make a proper feature film in the true disney tradition, they sure do it right, what with making me feel the characters pain etc. And i felt so bad for Kenai too. :(

I loved the ending when Koda's mother appears. It was, well, beautiful :p And i can understand why that would be even more special to you, shadow. :)

Yep, Brother Bear is definitely one of the best, IMO. =)

*END OF POSSIBLE (BUT UNLIKELY) SPOILERS!!!!*

Shadow
August 12th, 2004, 11:33 PM
have you seen Elton jhons Can You Feel the Love Tonight music video i cry to that song evry time.
a little part of it becuse Elton was mom favret artist :(

Cerise
August 13th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
I have to be the odd one out here. I've never cried at it, ever.

Actually, I haven't either.

And I agree with the Brother Bear stuff. I love that movie.

But, I really don't cry from movies, just get a lil teary..

Nephilim
August 13th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Hmm. Now I want to see Brother Bear. =/

Shadow
August 13th, 2004, 01:00 PM
i cry more for BB then TLK meaby becuse his mother and al :alone:
but i still crys to TLK.
dont know why but i cry to almost al TLK music exsept we are one love will find a way and one of us.
but al the melody and sutsh on the cds makes me fell that mom is mutsh closer to me and it makes me cry.... know sunds kinda weird :confused:

Simba_2004
August 13th, 2004, 06:25 PM
I thought you said you were Simba :confused:

Nephilim
August 13th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Simba_2004
I thought you said you were Simba :confused:

But if everyone who claimed to be Simba was Simba, we'd have about ten thousand or so running around by now. :idiot:

kcnmttcnn
August 13th, 2004, 08:54 PM
wow... and then we wouldn't be able to tell who is who!! :gasp:

Simba_2004
August 13th, 2004, 10:16 PM
But if everyone who claimed to be Simba was Simba, we'd have about ten thousand or so running around by now. :idiot:

ya but if you don't remember, he said he was the ONE Simba ;)

and I'm Simba as well, but just different species :cheese:

TakaTiger
August 13th, 2004, 11:07 PM
i havent cryed in i dunno how long oO sence i was 6-7 maby?

Nephilim
August 14th, 2004, 11:31 AM
ya but if you don't remember, he said he was the ONE Simba ;)

and I'm Simba as well, but just different species

Well, I can be Simba too if I like then. :grrr: :gasp: :cheese: :idiot: :irule: :noogie: :( :zzz: ;) Pwnd.

Simba_2004
August 14th, 2004, 04:23 PM
hehe ;)

Shadow
August 15th, 2004, 03:58 PM
i dont whant to be Simba i whant to be a White eyed panther in the savana whit name Shadow !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/Shadow.jpg

Simba_2004
August 15th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Watching the Lion King in the original version was weird and when it got to the morning report part it felt like something was missing but I thought it was cool to see Mufasa do his little :bleen: thing to Zazu, kind of funny. But idk after seeing it again after not watching it for a few months it kind of brought some *cough*water*cough* to my eyes

Nephilim
August 15th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Watching the Lion King in the original version was weird and when it got to the morning report part it felt like something was missing but I thought it was cool to see Mufasa do his little :bleen: thing to Zazu, kind of funny. But idk after seeing it again after not watching it for a few months it kind of brought some *cough*water*cough* to my eyes

I prefere the original version. There's something about the Morning Report that irks me.

Simba_2004
August 15th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Same here, first time I saw it I wanted to stop watching the movie because the voice was just soo off :grrr:

Nephilim
August 15th, 2004, 04:49 PM
And all those awful shots of Zazu. :horror:

Simba_2004
August 15th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Whoop te do daa!!! Hey look it is Zazu :grrr: who cares about the major domo or w/e he is, I really don't like Zazu that much because he is such a party pooper ;)

Nephilim
August 15th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I feel kinda bad for him though. Everyone's so mean to him. :idiot: I liked him in the musical, not too keen on the film version.

Simba_2004
August 15th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Well I still don't like him that much, and I guess you could feel bad for him because after all he is only doing his job for "Mufasa"

Shadow
August 15th, 2004, 07:17 PM
hey Zazu is ok he is like the babysiter you are draving crazy ! hehe:cringe:

unregistered user
August 15th, 2004, 08:34 PM
The only one I did not like in TLK and its sequels for the longest time was Kiara. But I like her now, a little hehe. I'd have to say the ones that bug me most are: :hehe::scream:

unregistered user
August 15th, 2004, 09:46 PM
I think you mean 'would've'

Lion King Stu
August 15th, 2004, 10:35 PM
lol STL needs to get some sleep

Shadow
August 16th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I prefer Timon and Pumbaa to Zazu, but still I wish they would've made TLK3 into another movie actually more about Simba, Kiara and Kovu rather than Timon and Pumbaa.

ye i think that wold be better to =D

TakaTiger
August 16th, 2004, 12:54 AM
I prefer Timon and Pumbaa to Zazu, but still I wish they would've made TLK3 into another movie actually more about Simba, Kiara and Kovu rather than Timon and Pumbaa.

forget that, they should of made it a prequil! with scar and mufasa growing up!

unregistered user
August 16th, 2004, 03:33 AM
I second TakaTiger's choice :cheese:

Lion King Stu
August 16th, 2004, 08:15 AM
I like the sound of that I third it ;)

unregistered user
August 16th, 2004, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't like a sequel. I know that Simba would die in another sequel :tears:

Lion King Stu
August 16th, 2004, 08:31 AM
yeah Nuka would be right I think he would have to as we seen him grow up in TLK 1 and 2. Hes got child, theres a heir to Pride Rock, two prides became one, hes furfilled his destiny there really isn't much more left for him to do.

unregistered user
August 16th, 2004, 08:34 AM
As I've said in a different thread. They had originally planned for Simba to die at the end of TLK2. Y aknow, when he's looking at Mufasa :tears:

Lion King Stu
August 16th, 2004, 08:36 AM
what just drop dead, he isn't that technicaly that old, Mufasa was much older than that or he seemed to be anyway

Shadow
August 16th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Simba died?.
i dont think that wold be a good idea......:Ohno:

Lion King Stu
August 16th, 2004, 11:23 AM
i think him actually dieing eventually is a good thing because we seen him grow up and all that and become part of the circle of life

Nephilim
August 16th, 2004, 02:06 PM
A prequal would be great. Cubby Taka would be interesting. ^_^

unregistered user
August 16th, 2004, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't mind a sequel, as long as Simba doesn't die. But I'm pretty sure he would die if there was another sequel.

A prequel on the other hand would be nice :cheese:

Lion King Stu
August 16th, 2004, 08:08 PM
I don't think anyone would want Simba to die but in life everything eventualy dies

Shadow
August 16th, 2004, 09:16 PM
yeah some things faster then others.....

Lion King Stu
August 16th, 2004, 09:39 PM
yeah but if there is another sequal he shouldn't die in it maybe if they ever released another he should die in the end in that but not in vain by dieing doing something heroic or something

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 09:36 AM
I say kill Simba in a slow and painful mannor. :evilgrin:

;)

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Here Simba Simba Simba. :wicked:

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 10:34 AM
*crazy Kill Bill style massacre against to Simba*

Nah, I like Simba. Wouldn't wannna kill him. Well, maybe the SP version.

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Oh cool. So, if I aim for Simba I kill you?

SimbaLKD
August 17th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Speaking of simba, death, and crying i had a dream that really made me sad when i woke from it..

I was in Africa protecting lions and was doing a good job, then i watched a poacher ... and simba... and ... *sigh* dont wanna talk about it!! blasted dreams!!

unregistered user
August 17th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I had a dream that I killed Barney once.

*long awkward silence*

But that really has nothing to do with this topic :gasp:

:lol: :cheese:

No, if I had it my way, Simba wouldn't die. But LKS is right; everything eventually dies. And if more sequels were made, Simba would die as well.

Though.... I wouldn't mind at least one more sequel..

*goes to Disney and suggests 'TLK4: Nuka's Revenge!'* :nukasm:

Ngatuny
August 17th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Nuka
Though.... I wouldn't mind at least one more sequel..

*goes to Disney and suggests 'TLK4: Nuka's Revenge!'* :nukasm:

Ditto on that!:nukasm:

unregistered user
August 17th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Yay! (Shatara's Vitani 'Testify' smiley here)

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Nuka was the best character in SP... we need more of him!

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah, but Nuka was more entertaining. There wasn't enough Vitani for me to judge on really.

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Nah. Kovu was too one dimentional and unconvincing. I mean, there's a goal that he's been training for his whole life, and it takes him all of twenty four hours to forget it. ?_?

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Naah. That ain't love. That's Disney being lazy.

unregistered user
August 17th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Nuka should come back and kill them all :jejeje: :nukasm:

unregistered user
August 17th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Exactly. But he should still kill 'em xD

unregistered user
August 17th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Just to kill 'em off. Why not? Disney does that kinda storyline all the time =P

Shadow
August 17th, 2004, 07:32 PM
oh...my....god.....:Ohno: ok now im freakt out i fell like that boy did that when you die you go to that you want most of all and in my case i wold like to go to anather TLK realty like the story im wringing........
but then i have ppl how loves me and i dont want them to lose anather pride member.......how i see this thing.
im not scerd to die but i dont want to die ether......
but if i lose anather pride member i dont know if i can take it......:(

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't want to live like that.=/

unregistered user
August 17th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Wow, that's pretty sad. One should not become that obsessed about anything O.o

Nephilim
August 17th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Nuka
Wow, that's pretty sad. One should not become that obsessed about anything O.o

Except Kill Bill. ;)

Lion King Stu
September 1st, 2004, 08:46 AM
or Final Fantasy 7 may i point out ;)

Nephilim
September 1st, 2004, 09:04 AM
:hehe: Yes, that too.

Kovu
September 1st, 2004, 02:50 PM
Speaking of FF7, is that Reno in your avvy, Neph? :confused:

Nephilim
September 1st, 2004, 02:58 PM
Yup, that's Reno.

Xinithian
September 2nd, 2004, 02:30 AM
Well a few other children I know have very very strong views about TLK, and I knew one boy who killed himself for TLK, and a few of them have threatened that if Simba does ever die they'll kill themselves too. The boy who commited suicide related to TLK was probably one of the biggest fans I've ever met, he worshipped Simba as a god (nothing new there :p.) aswell as doing other things to prove his love to Simba. The boy died when I was quite a bit younger, it was a few years ago now.

These people take it very seriously, when I was very suicidal about three months ago, I considered doing the same as the boy, he wrote an entire book as 'suicide notes' and left these with his body, including lots and lots of pages about how he felt about TLK. He kept saying he wanted to die to be with Simba :( ... I don't feel exactly the same as that, but I believe when one dies, one has the choice to do whatever one wants, whenever one wants, and for me, that's going to be living in the TLK reality with Simba for eternity.

Just thinking about the boy brings tears to my eyes personally, he felt so strongly about it... blargh, I'm babbling now. Anyway, I would struggle coping myself if they did anything to Simba, my stupid parents wouldn't make it easy either. Are you serious!? He killed himself for TLK!?

EDIT: If he did, it must've gotten put in a newspaper article. Do you know when this happened and where I can find the story?

Xinithian
September 2nd, 2004, 02:45 AM
I have to be the odd one out here. I've never cried at it, ever. Me neither. I haven't cried in a movie, although I got very emotional with the poor lady who lost her son in Farenheit 911...

Nephilim
September 2nd, 2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Are you serious!? He killed himself for TLK!?

EDIT: If he did, it must've gotten put in a newspaper article. Do you know when this happened and where I can find the story?

If that did happen, I'm suprised it wasn't on the news over here. :thinks:

Lion King Stu
September 2nd, 2004, 11:00 AM
probly wasn't anything good enough to put in the news where we are Nep

Nephilim
September 2nd, 2004, 11:14 AM
It seems like the kind of thing that would be on the news. *shrugs*

Lion King Stu
September 2nd, 2004, 11:17 AM
supose so but i don't think it was good enough if u know what i mean

Nephilim
September 2nd, 2004, 11:20 AM
Well not for a regular suicide, but if it was clear that it was because of TLK, then it's more likely. Eh, I guess it was atleast in a newspaper.

Lion King Stu
September 2nd, 2004, 11:22 AM
yeah suppose ur right nep

unregistered user
September 18th, 2004, 12:16 PM
I do! When Mufasa died. I was nine or ten when i saw it for the first time.

unregistered user
September 22nd, 2004, 12:52 AM
I almost cry everytime I watch it,and sometimes it doesn't even make sense like I almost always start crying when the wildebeest start coming over the ridge,the music and the imagery is just so overwhelming.When I saw it in Imax it was almost like a religious experience,it wasn't overly emotional but it was unexpected and uncontrolled.:tears:

Suki
September 22nd, 2004, 02:07 AM
When I see the part where Mufasa's dead, I just make a straight line for a mouth. I don't cry.

When I saw Brother Bear, I was shocked when Koda's mom dies or w/e happens to her. I don't remember too much.:confused:

Suki
September 22nd, 2004, 02:13 AM
Well a few other children I know have very very strong views about TLK, and I knew one boy who killed himself for TLK, and a few of them have threatened that if Simba does ever die they'll kill themselves too. The boy who commited suicide related to TLK was probably one of the biggest fans I've ever met, he worshipped Simba as a god (nothing new there :p.) aswell as doing other things to prove his love to Simba. The boy died when I was quite a bit younger, it was a few years ago now.

These people take it very seriously, when I was very suicidal about three months ago, I considered doing the same as the boy, he wrote an entire book as 'suicide notes' and left these with his body, including lots and lots of pages about how he felt about TLK. He kept saying he wanted to die to be with Simba :( ... I don't feel exactly the same as that, but I believe when one dies, one has the choice to do whatever one wants, whenever one wants, and for me, that's going to be living in the TLK reality with Simba for eternity.

Just thinking about the boy brings tears to my eyes personally, he felt so strongly about it... blargh, I'm babbling now. Anyway, I would struggle coping myself if they did anything to Simba, my stupid parents wouldn't make it easy either.

I just think Mufasa's God, not some guy who has a gray beard. :lol:

Xinithian
September 22nd, 2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Drake
I almost cry everytime I watch it,and sometimes it doesn't even make sense like I almost always start crying when the wildebeest start coming over the ridge,the music and the imagery is just so overwhelming.When I saw it in Imax it was almost like a religious experience,it wasn't overly emotional but it was unexpected and uncontrolled.:tears: When I saw it again after 10 years, I was perfectly still throughout the movie. But I've never come close to crying... for whatever reason I get kinda upset when Scar gets picked off by the hyenas (sort of like in the fantasy movies when the dragons get slayed).

Shadow
September 22nd, 2004, 04:43 AM
i allways....crys watshing it....:tears:......but its some times fells good....kid of easyer my borden.....

Daniel
July 23rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
ever brought you to tears?

It can be from the films, fanfic or TLKoB

I can honestly admit that the CYFTLT from the first film brougt me to tears when i watched it for the first time since i was 6 about 3 months ago, and it almost still does whenever i watch it now.

what about everyone else?

nathalie
July 23rd, 2005, 03:02 PM
Hmm, I might be one of the few who has never ever cried while watching TLK.

unregistered user
July 23rd, 2005, 03:04 PM
I cried once or twice during the credits ;p

On a different note, has there been such a topic as this before? I recognize it from somewhere.

Nala The Lion
July 23rd, 2005, 03:06 PM
I Have in TLK when Mufassa dies! and in SP when no one trusts Kovu no more and he is kicked out the Pride!

Daniel
July 23rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Boos

On a different note, has there been such a topic as this before? I recognize it from somewhere.

found it boos.

http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=965&highlight=Crying

sorry about that :D

nathalie
July 23rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Boos

Aah yes ... found it.

--merged--

Daniel
July 23rd, 2005, 03:08 PM
thanks nathalie.

*feels silly*

nathalie
July 23rd, 2005, 03:09 PM
*weeeeeeee* every forum has a search button :D

Nala The Lion
July 23rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
i wonderd where all thes pages came from :haha:

nathalie
July 23rd, 2005, 03:25 PM
*hmm, wonders*

Oh yes, from another thread in Everything the light touches :p ^^

Sombolia
July 23rd, 2005, 10:26 PM
About the boy killing himself story.. if they didn't run it, that's good. It'd probably be stupid like, "omgtlkisevilitmakespeoplekillthemselves!!!".

*ahem*

I've never cried while watching TLK. =/

Fanfiction has made me cry, just not TLK fanfiction XD

I did get a bit teary eyed during the broadway, though.

..I am the only one that thinks Scar dying is sad? O_o I feel really bad for him, I dunno, I don't think anyone should die that way xP

Xinithian
July 23rd, 2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
About the boy killing himself story.. if they didn't run it, that's good. It'd probably be stupid like, "omgtlkisevilitmakespeoplekillthemselves!!!".

*ahem*

..I am the only one that thinks Scar dying is sad? O_o I feel really bad for him, I dunno, I don't think anyone should dye that way xP I do too. Here's my reply in this topic:

When I saw it again after 10 years, I was perfectly still throughout the movie. But I've never come close to crying... for whatever reason I get kinda upset when Scar gets picked off by the hyenas (sort of like in the fantasy movies when the dragons get slayed).

Nala The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 11:24 AM
..I am the only one that thinks Scar dying is sad? O_o I feel really bad for him, I dunno, I don't think anyone should die that way xP

yes you are the only one :D :evilgrin: :p

Xinithian
July 24th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Nala The Lion
yes you are the only one :D :evilgrin: :p Read the reponse above yours :p

unregistered user
July 24th, 2005, 05:23 PM
The scene where Scar dies, that part, when I saw it for the first time, it really grossed me out. 'Cause they're eating him O_O I was a little kid then and was sitting there thinking of what they were doing to poor Scar. (No I don't like Scar but that is a pretty horrible way to go.. even for a villain Oo)

Personally I found Nuka's death more sad then Mufasa's death. That is all ^^

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 05:48 PM

*ahem*

I remembered crying when Kovu and Kiara met each other again during the song Love Will Find A Way, It was so cute ^_^
Yes your probably the only one who is *Hates Scar..*

Nala The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Aww Kovu :hugs: your such a little sweetie, thats the bit i cried on too, but i also cried on TLK aswell :-)

Sombolia
July 25th, 2005, 05:45 AM
@NTL and KTL: Ahem, well, yes; next time, you might wanna actually read before you go saying something.

I'm not fond of Kiara, but I don't think she should die at the mouth of hundreds of hungry hyenas.

simba2662
July 26th, 2005, 02:48 AM
When Simba has the tear drop form in his eye, I do the same. The music creates a feeling like none other ive listened to before. This Land when Mufasa returns and when Simba climbs pride rock makes me feel cold and sad. :(

Just lucky the movie and music finishes on such a memorable moment.

Kiara Serengeti
August 4th, 2005, 03:50 AM
I didn't cry, but Simba's ascent to Pride Rock at the end always makes me shiver. I cry when Simba keeps playing with Mufasa's ear and mane and so on, thinking his day is just playing, then he realizes :( and then again when Simba wiggles under dead Mufasa's paw *sniff*.

Melody of Scar
August 4th, 2005, 04:11 AM
I cried when Mufasa died for the longest time, and for some reason the Sunrise, Sunset sequence in TLK 1.5 brought me almost to tears the first time I saw it. :emo:

But now the stampede just really depresses me. I can't cry at it anymore, though.

I'm too busy rooting my boy on. :evilgrin:

Sombolia
August 4th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Melody of Scar
I'm too busy rooting my boy on. :evilgrin:

Definately! :evilgrin: :wicked:

Melody of Scar
August 4th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Definately! :evilgrin: :wicked:

XD I'm not alone! :wicked:

Let us join forces... :evilgrin:

This Land
August 4th, 2005, 06:48 AM
i used to cry when mufasa appears in the sky, telling sima he must go back.
mufasa - simba
simba - father
mufasa - you have forgotten me
simba - no how could I
Mufasa - you have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me, look inside yourself simba you are more than what you have become, you must take your place in the circle of life.
simba - how can i go back im not who i used to be.
Mufasa - remember who you are, you are my son and the one true king.

i still remember that off by heart lol :lol:

Ashara
August 4th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I don't actually cry. I used to...but not anymore. I've seen it so many bloody times >_< lol But I do get emotional.

Shoukai
August 4th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by This land
i used to cry when mufasa appears in the sky, telling sima he must go back.
mufasa - simba
simba - father
mufasa - you have forgotten me
simba - no how could I
Mufasa - you have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me, look inside yourself simba you are more than what you have become, you must take your place in the circle of life.
simba - how can i go back im not who i used to be.
Mufasa - remember who you are, you are my son and the one true king.

i still remember that off by heart lol :lol:

I memorize quotes too, i got really bored in my Economics class one day, and i started writing down every single quote I could think of. When I first saw tlk, I was too shocked to shed a tear when Mufasa died. Who knew it would become an obsession for me :evilgrin:

This Land
August 4th, 2005, 05:54 PM
i have memorised mufasa teaching simba about the circle of life,
the one i mentioned earlier and scar acusing simba of mufusas death (near the end),
those are my favourites :-)

Sombolia
August 4th, 2005, 08:16 PM
I have the whole of TLK memorized. XP ph33r o_o;;

@MoS: Bwahahaha :jejeje: