PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

SimbaX
July 21st, 2005, 09:16 PM
Hi I am SimbaX, there have been a few mix ups at this place regarding my name so I felt like introducing myself to all of you.
I am 22 years old and currently live in Austria with my wife Kate (MehndiX), the character that is named SimbaX which is also my online alias belongs to a chocolate colored lion with a brighter mane who is mate to MehndiX a Bengal Tigress. I think the story of SimbaX and MehndiX is still online, it was originally written in 2001.
It might help to understand how a tigress and a lion meet :) , although there are some unusual combinations in the RP world but in our case it had to be explained.
I am currently attending University of Technology in Vienna and a year away from my BS for economical computer science.
My free time is pretty much devoted to Kate, since she's an artist we sometimes work next to each other, I spend some time working on places like Nala.at/.us (haven't in a long time :( ) and T.A.A. (artarchive.org). Next to that I am taking some courses to gain some management experience at Mc D's, working as a store manager assistant.

As for the Lion King, I have been an admirer for 11 years now and still feel as strong about it as I used to, not much changed aside from the community, lots of people left and lots joined, makes for some fresh blood which for sure can not only be seen in a negative light.

Ok I think those are the essentials of my being, if you feel like posting something about yourself go ahead, always curious about your story ;)

nathalie
July 21st, 2005, 09:18 PM
Hey SimbaX, I see it all worked out again with your account.

Welcome at Lea :)

SimbaX
July 21st, 2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah thankfully it worked out, if I find some free time I might keep an eye on this place and post here and there.
Thanks for the welcome.

nathalie
July 21st, 2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by SimbaX
if I find some free time I might keep an eye on this place and post here and there.

Oooo, now that is what we like to hear *lol*

SimbaX
July 21st, 2005, 09:24 PM
By the way, I find that "Super Mod" banner pretty funny - neat idea.

nathalie
July 21st, 2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks, Daniel actually made those for the mods :) (all credits go to him)

And people did started to wonder who the mods are.

Opera Ghost
July 21st, 2005, 09:26 PM
Hey welcome to lea

King Simba
July 21st, 2005, 09:26 PM
Hey there SimbaX. Enjoy your stay here at LEA. :cheese:
And yeah, the "moderator/admin" banners are awesome. All thanks to Dan. ;)

Daniel
July 21st, 2005, 09:49 PM
By the way, I find that "Super Mod" banner pretty funny - neat idea.

ahha! that would be my handy work there SimbaX! :D

i'm well... erm.... Daniel :cheese:

you'll enjoy yourself here, i know i did. and i never even made an intro thread. i just blend in like one of them colour changing lizardy things :D

see you around mate :D

SimbaX
July 21st, 2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks again for the welcome :)

Daniel
July 21st, 2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks again for the welcome :)

no problems :D

Sombolia
July 21st, 2005, 10:22 PM
Hey there SimbaX, great to see everything worked out for your account. =D I'd love to read this story of yours, it sounds interesting - I've been dedicating a large portion of my summer to reading :browlift:

Anyways, welcome back to Lea! =)

TakaTiger
July 21st, 2005, 10:24 PM
Moo ^^ and welcome

unregistered user
July 21st, 2005, 10:24 PM
Welcome to Lea halalela SimbaX! Dont listen to much to that Daniel there, I am Daniel!

I hope you will enjoy Lea halalela!

SimbaX
July 21st, 2005, 10:25 PM
I think the story can be found at Kates T.A.A. account, try : MehndiX's artarchive account (http://mehndix.artarchive.org).
It might be T.A.A. Trust protected so make sure you have a JRE installed on your system.
We came up with the story kind of on the fly, I wrote it in German first, Kate illustrated and then we translated it.

This is where the story is (direct link) (http://mehndix.artarchive.org/artist/?artist=MehndiX&f=Aa_MehndiX_and_SimbaX_Story)

Unfortunately not sorted but it's only two pages in the gallery.

nathalie
July 21st, 2005, 10:28 PM
The story looks really good, and great drawings !

MehndiX
July 21st, 2005, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the board he lion : p

...We need a retranslation and updated art someday. It makes me shiver to see it.

SimbaX
July 21st, 2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks my kitty :)

All credits for the illustration go to Kate, I am sure she isn't all that happy about the quality anymore. At one point we'll have to completely redo the whole thing ;)

Nala The Lion
July 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
aww nice icon SimbaX :D look forward to speakin to you some time :-)

Fuzzy
July 23rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
hey welcome to Lea SimbaX... Its nice to have an intresting story behind an intro thread for once!! I shall have to read the story, in fact I must.. cause its right up my ally in a way.. but reguardless welcome to Lea mate!! ^^

SimbaX
July 24th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks as mentioned it's old you may still find it interessting if it's up your ally :)

Nala The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 11:15 AM
i just think it's cute :p

Lweek
August 7th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Hello SimbaX! It's nice to see someone from the old comunity. Maybe we met somewhere yet? My nickname at lionking.org was LioN'S (or LioNS). So maybe from those forum or chat.

Dare
August 7th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Welcome to Lea, SimbaX. :)

Kijana
August 7th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Hey, SimbaX.

It's been a long time. Good to see you again.

Nala The Lion
August 7th, 2005, 07:59 PM
where are you these days Simba X ? :confused:

LunarCat
August 8th, 2005, 12:52 AM
sorry for the late welcome.....

Welcome to lea!!!!!!!!! :D :cheese:

MehndiX
August 8th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Nala The Lion
where are you these days Simba X ? :confused:

SimbaX (one word ; ) ) He hasn't had much time at all. Since we're going over seas and he officially doesn't have vacation time he has to make up the shifts now. So he's putting in between 6 to 9 hours shifts : P

I don't think I've seen him turn his computer on in the last 5 days : P I'll poke him about this again ; )