PDA

View Full Version : A decent argument against homosexuality, esp. gay marriage.

Nephilim
July 11th, 2005, 09:56 AM
After much bickering, here we are;

1. Homosexuality is not natural. People always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America/England.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 10:01 AM
:lol::p
People gotta Love Neph :cheese:

Sharifu
July 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Haha! Nice Neph. ;)

Mabatu
July 11th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Neph, just to get this straight (pun not intended :p), you're being sarcastic aren't you? :thinks:

Lweek
July 11th, 2005, 11:43 AM
It's quite brave opinion, IMHO. I cannot say I can agree. However I'm straight, I have many friends who are homosexual and then I can say I'm experienced in this way a little.
1. Primary, Homosexuality is natural. In nature you can see many homosexual animals. ;) Homosexuality isn't fenomen of this age, it was always here.
2. That's b*ll****. I never heard about that marriage get plp together. :) Many young straight pairs won't marriage anyway.
3. Crazy behavior? Some girls in this time behave much more stranger. :)
4. Eh? Stop dreaming. :D
5. Well. What marriage mean is only about each of us. Marriage in this time is primary about make live together easier and safest (for example laws about personal information).
6. ROFL
7. Negative. As long as I know it have no effect to children sexual orientation.
8. Hello, anybody there? Chrisitian religions is not the only. However religion is not important for many plp.
BTW: I thought you have at least two of them. :D
9. Now that's really stupid. I know many plp who raised with only one parent and are as good as others. Depends primary on parent's guidance. In many families where are two parents don't care about their childrens as good as in many families with one parent.
10. Responsibility isn't sexual orientation. I know homosexuals who are much more responsible drivers than het ones. I don't see any reason why homosexuals could make situation on streets more worse.

ChildOfThePride
July 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM
That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...

There is nothing wrong at all with being gay, and it's sad that our society has slipped down (almost) to the witch burning/KKK days again.

It's pathetic. (This next sentence isn't directed at anyone at Lea) People need to shut up, sit down, and get a grip on reality. People are going to have a different sexual preference, and that's okay. You can't make them change it. It's their nature, part of who they are.

Let's say I'm at Dairy Queen and I get a strawberry blizzard and try to convince the person next to me to get one. Person B (whilst I am A, obviously) is allergic to strawberries.

Can s/he help that? Don't think so.

Sharifu
July 11th, 2005, 11:58 AM
You guys, it's so obvious she is being sarcastic.

Lion King Stu
July 11th, 2005, 12:01 PM
aye its sarcastic and funny...love it :p

King Simba
July 11th, 2005, 12:04 PM
:lol: Nice stuff Neph. A lot of sarcasm used there also which makes it funny to read. ;)

Lweek
July 11th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Eheh, maybe I missing one of the humor plugins. If this is a sarcastic post, how can I recognize it from other serious ones?

Sharifu
July 11th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Lweek
Eheh, maybe I missing one of the humor plugins. If this is a sarcastic post, how can I recognize it from other serious ones?

Um... By lots of ways my dear... Just read her post again...

Originally posted by Nephilim

1. Homosexuality is not natural. People always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

You can't tell by some of these underlined comments that she was being sarcastic?

ChildOfThePride
July 11th, 2005, 12:21 PM
o.O''''''

GECK!

*falls over*

Lion King Stu
July 11th, 2005, 12:22 PM
well Scars lair rarely has any serious threds as it is :lol:

Lweek
July 11th, 2005, 12:25 PM
X)

Mabatu
July 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu

You can't tell by some of these underlined comments that she was being sarcastic?

It might seem pretty obvious to some people, but not everyone is going to read that and instantly be able to understand Neph's sarcastic tone, since the reader can interpret things a number of ways. But it's all good, everyone will know for sure now that she's being sarcastic ;)

moonibear
July 11th, 2005, 01:30 PM
:lol:, pretty good. No one can argue with that!

Nephilim
July 11th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Oh no, it's all 100% serious. I am against all kinds of homosexual activity, and there definitely aren't lesbians in my signature. </sarcasm>

:woeisme:

moonibear
July 11th, 2005, 02:33 PM
you gotta love dry wit :lol:

Juniper
July 11th, 2005, 02:59 PM
:hugs: Neph and anyone else who laughed

Hilarious

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Well, I've already stated my opinion on this, so I'm not gonna say anything else.

Aurelian
July 11th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu
It might seem pretty obvious to some people, but not everyone is going to read that and instantly be able to understand Neph's sarcastic tone, since the reader can interpret things a number of ways. But it's all good, everyone will know for sure now that she's being sarcastic ;)

Agreed. It is almost impossible for me to see sarcasm though typed words without smilies or symbols. However, I knew that had to be sarcasm, because Nephilim isn't stupid enough to believe any of that stuff she just wrote. It WAS funny.

Some of you have to realize that not everybody is as quick at reading typed emotion as you.

Juniper
July 11th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Maybe some of you have to use common sense when confused. Neph is attracted to the same sex, commonly uses sarcasm, and supports gay marriage/activities.

Of course, it would make sense to be confused if the person who didn't understand wasn't the best with english or english wasn't their first language. I can speak spanish pretty well now, but it's not always easy to understand jokes in spanish.

la_reina
July 11th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, it's all very amusing :p

Aurelian
July 11th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by pntbll248
Maybe some of you have to use common sense when confused. Neph is attracted to the same sex, commonly uses sarcasm, and supports gay marriage/activities.

Of course, it would make sense to be confused if the person who didn't understand wasn't the best with english or english wasn't their first language. I can speak spanish pretty well now, but it's not always easy to understand jokes in spanish.

Common sence was how I knew she was joking. I know that Neph is bisexual, and that she uses sarcasm. English is my first launguage too. I am not saying you are wrong, just that you are not completly right. Some of us just don't read emotions very well, and rely on what peole are saying instead of how they are said.

Neph uses nothing to symbolise sarcasm. The post looks serious until you really look at what is said. Only then can you tell it is all a joke.

Bagheera
July 11th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Well at last to me it was funny:lol: and sarcastic in a funny way, I have a weird sense of humor.:cheese:

Ruska
July 11th, 2005, 06:32 PM

Almost makes me want to hang around with tall people. ;_______;

Sharifu
July 11th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Neph uses nothing to symbolise sarcasm. The post looks serious until you really look at what is said. Only then can you tell it is all a joke.

Oy, but you can tell by the type of things I underlined in her posts! XD

For example, do you really think she believes hanging around tall people will make you tall? XD

:lol:

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 07:33 PM
If hanging around tall people makes you tall I've gotta go find me some tall buddies so I can stop being so short x)

Lucy Lioness
July 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Ravoc
If hanging around tall people makes you tall I've gotta go find me some tall buddies so I can stop being so short x)

Ditto. :D Lol. My younger brothers are both taller than me by quite a bit.

Sorry for the kinda off topicness. :cheese:

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 08:14 PM

For example, do you really think she believes hanging around tall people will make you tall? XD

:gasp: WHAT?! But, but, but, it said so, the internet wouldn't lie. :tears: ;)

Aurelian
July 11th, 2005, 08:25 PM

Did you read a thing I typed? You only seconded what I said in the first place. Her outragously funny comments are how I knew. It was the sarcasem I didn't see.

Sharifu, are you trying to argue with me to stick up for Nephimlim? Because that is hard to do when you are agreeing with me.

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 08:35 PM
I dont think anyone is arguing in here.

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I find it funny how every thread somehow ends up becoming an argument or something

<sarcasm> even debateable threads like this, I mean, if we can't count on debateable threads to be nice and friendly, where shall we turn? :gasp: </sarcasm>

Aurelian
July 11th, 2005, 08:50 PM
It isn't turning into an arguement. It just seems like Sharifu has to have the last word, even when we all agree. She responded to my message by informing me(by quoting my words, she was directing her reply to me) of the same info I just shared. I don't want to argue when there is nothing to argue about.

Sharifu
July 11th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Huh? I just meant that to anyone who said it is hard to see the sarcasm...

Originally posted by Roquivo
It was the sarcasem I didn't see.

And I don't think I always need the last word. =/

I feel like I only say what needs to be said. There are tons of topics where I don't reply because I have no opinion.

Originally posted by Boos
I dont think anyone is arguing in here.

Yeah I was never agruing. :confused:

Juniper
July 11th, 2005, 11:00 PM

:lol: I just read that one. We wouldn't want Britney's marriages to be defiled with the love two people of the same sex feel:gasp:

I don't see the reasons for the tensions, though I do see the instigator, but I'll keep that to myself :D

csyria
July 11th, 2005, 11:06 PM
IBTL. ;)

Funny thread, and I picked up on the sarcasm quickly. :)

Juniper
July 11th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by csyria
IBTL. ;)

IBTL?

International Bowling Towel-boy League?

I Be Tall and Large?

I Began To Laugh?

Indy 500 of Bisexual and Telepathic Llamas?

:( I don't know what IBTL means

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 11:13 PM
I Better Tell Lancelot?

If Beer Tastes Lovely?

*thinks of pun*

W-Eyed-Wanderer
July 12th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Immature Boys Taunt Lemmings.

:lol: Nice one Neph, great to see not every topic to do with sex, politics or religion has to be a huge argument.

Incidentally try starting a conversation on one of the above topics with someone you don't know...e.g. your hairdresser or a stranger on a train. Much fun to be had! Actually you usually end up having a much more interesting conversation with said person instead of just saying "Lovely weather we're having".

P.S. Top tip: Don't try it with your dentist...it's not worth it!

:D ;)

Shatara
July 12th, 2005, 08:30 PM
IBTL = In Before The Lock ;)
It's common on flame-ridden forums :p

Personally, I avoid sarcasm issues by using a l33t-esque style with deliberate mispellings, 'OMGOMG's, and lots of ones and exclamation points at the end.

I.E. "OMGOMG g4ez r teh 3b1l!!!!11111111111111111"

Obvious cues not to take it serously :idiot:

Xinithian
July 12th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Gay parents shouldn't be able to adopt children because of the lack of a maternal and paternal presence, just like single parents can't adopt children either.

lion_roog
July 13th, 2005, 05:08 AM

And I don't think I always need the last word. =/

Yes you do....You always steal the last words of my sentences....that's why they make no sense..:alone:...I don't know what it is, maybe you are starting a collection?...</sarcasm></sarcasm></sarcasm>

Oooo...A triple sarcasm... :D

Gay parents shouldn't be able to adopt children because of the lack of a maternal and paternal presence, just like single parents can't adopt children either.

Naaah...you only need one good parent...:D

Sombolia
July 13th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian

Um.. I grew up without a father figure, and I'm perfectly fine..?

Nephilim
July 13th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Um.. I grew up without a father figure, and I'm perfectly fine..?

I think that was his point. ;P

Dare
July 13th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Um, I believe Xinithian was being sarcastic as well with that statement...?

At any rate, thanks for the laugh Neph.
:)

Vidan
July 13th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Jettie
...................................... woopsie i am always forgetting my punctuation i know how much it annoys sum of you....

In the future, just click Edit Post in the bottom right hand corner to fix any errors in your post.

unregistered user
July 13th, 2005, 02:17 PM
No problem, we all make mistakes that we can learn from.

Just be sure to remember the edit button in the future :)

Xinithian
July 13th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
Um, I believe Xinithian was being sarcastic as well with that statement...?
Yes, because I was following suit of the beginning statements. Hopefully that'll clarify itself for people who were insulted by my comment.

Cerise
July 13th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Tee hee. That was funny.

Suki
July 14th, 2005, 03:06 AM
"Oh, he gained 300 pounds. I'm SO jealous." :p

starionwolf
July 14th, 2005, 04:01 AM
I did not know that society expressly forbid single parents to raise children. That's news to me.

I'll go read about this issue.

Also, my professor who once worked in a medical center said that homosexuality is biologically natural. I'll try to talk to her.

Xinithian
July 14th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by starionwolf
I did not know that society expressly forbid single parents to raise children. That's news to me. It was sarcastic/joke to prove a point.

Nephilim
July 14th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Dakota
see not many think shes being sarcastic, i know i didnt think she was.

So then, you believe people rejected air conditioning and hanging around with tall people makes you tall. You're happy with the fact that females are property, and the blacks and whites never marry; and hell, I'm sure you've never met anyone who's been divorced. Straight people only raise straight children? Yup. Our countries only have one religion too, and of course we've never adapted to cars. Because you know, you don't see them everyday, or anything.

Maybe people should read the post, rather than seeing the title and jsut being "omg1! teh ebil!1".

Sharifu
July 14th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks for pointing that out Sam! That's what I was trying to say. It got kind of annoying to me that people couldn't see the sarcasm even after I pointed it out.

Lion King Stu
July 14th, 2005, 10:23 AM
So then, you believe people rejected air conditioning and hanging around with tall people makes you tall. You're happy with the fact that females are property, and the blacks and whites never marry; and hell, I'm sure you've never met anyone who's been divorced. Straight people only raise straight children? Yup. Our countries only have one religion too, and of course we've never adapted to cars. Because you know, you don't see them everyday, or anything.

Maybe people should read the post, rather than seeing the title and jsut being "omg1! teh ebil!1".

Nicely put Nephy :lol:

nathalie
July 14th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Well, that's why reading post on the first page, is always handy :)

nathalie
July 14th, 2005, 10:35 AM
The first page, shows some post from Sharifu, where she explains, it's not being mented seriously :)

Sharifu
July 14th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Oh my gosh, how can you still not see the sarcasm?! Didn't you just read this post Neph made??

Do you really think she believes people rejected air conditioning, and hanging out with tall people make you tall, etc? I mean heck I am just repeating what she said.

Before she even posted that post, I underlined the sarcasm. Oy.

nathalie
July 14th, 2005, 10:39 AM
yeah buh i read the first post to see what it was about, not everybodys replies

This is not a attack on you, or something, I just speak in general here ...

It's always easier, to read at least the whole first page, before you give an answer yourself.

Because then you would have known it :)

Sharifu
July 14th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Why do you know it was sarcastic now if before you didn't?

King Simba
July 14th, 2005, 12:11 PM
I realised Neph was being sarcastic straight away. It's not too hard to realise that she was being sarcastic. A few people in this thread didn't think she was being sarcastic but Sharifu did them all a favour and underlined all the sarcasm as she just said. It's best taking a look at her post back on page one to get a better idea. ;)

Nephilim
July 14th, 2005, 01:23 PM
yeah well i musta read the post to know that u said that, and seeing as a lot of ppl didnt realise u were being sarcastic, u cant have made it that clear, n e ways no point in saying it nasty now is there, whats wrong, scared of sumone disagreeing with you?

What's wrong, scared a dictionary might bite you if you use it?

moonibear
July 14th, 2005, 01:32 PM
It was pretty easy spotting the sarcasm BEFORE Sharifu underlined it, but I guess not everyone saw it. But afterwards...come on...

Nephilim
July 14th, 2005, 02:05 PM
dictionarys dont have teeth :S
Dakota

Try using one then.

King Simba
July 14th, 2005, 02:06 PM
How come is Dakota posting on Jettie's account? It's possible to log out and exchange users you know.

Simba_TLK
July 14th, 2005, 02:18 PM
ok, i have to say something here.
i dont see why people are jumping all over Dakota here....

but, when i first saw the thread, i didnt know Neph was using sarcasm either....
BUT since people have explained it, now i know.

but i honestly wouldnt have noticed otherwise.
(i am probably the most serious person you will ever meet, i dont take jokes or sarcasm lightly, probably not a good thing, but thats just how i am :p)

Neph said thats what she believed was 'true' and i respect her opinion, so i believed thats honestly what she thought.
regardless of if i agree with her opinion or not.

everybody will probably start getting annoyed at me too, so ill shutup now, and go back to being quiet like usual.

nathalie
July 14th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Well, TLK, I didn't understand it first eather, but after reading it carefully another time, it all made sence.

Nephilim
July 14th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Simba_TLK

i dont see why people are jumping all over Dakota here....

Because they keep sending my stupid PMs. -___-

I really don't understand how you can't see the sarcasm though. :confused:

Simba_TLK
July 14th, 2005, 03:05 PM
i understand it NOW since everybody explained it (thanks for that btw :))
but i didnt get it at first when i read the post on its own.

i know there were some jokes in there (to indicate sarcasm)...
but as i said before im a very serious person, so i dont tend to get jokes very easily :p
also ive got a next to zero sense of humor :gasp:

just to make it clear, i dont think there is anything wrong with your post Neph :hugs:
its just my strange personality and how i tend interpret things :confused:

Juniper
July 14th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I dont think she really thought hard about what she had read

Exactly; people don't think. If everyone would think about what they read and what they're going to post, this little argument never would have happened. If something seems a bit odd, like a bisexual person who almost always knows what they're talking about proving that gay marriage is wrong by using completely outrageous and non-sense "facts", it may be worth a second look. It defies logic that Neph would have been serious, in all honesty, I can't comprehend how someone who read her post carefully couldn't have seen the blatant sarcasm.

Some people here are claiming that everyone's attacking Dakota, when Neph was taking crap the whole thread because some people: didn't read her entire post, didn't read the posts of others after her post, didn't think about her post, were looking for a fight or a way to disprove Neph/xinithian/anyone else who used sarcasm, or lack the mental capacity to understand sarcasm. Yes, I'm sure there's one who genuinely didn't understand her sarcasm even after reading it twice or more, that's just a misunderstanding but not something Neph should have to compensate for, but I have a feeling that the vast majority didn't read the post or think. Because we all know that a person can't say one thing and mean another.

Edit: Nothing in this post was directed towards anyone in particular; though we should probably know this by now because this is the most common thing you'll find in a post of mine, I guess it's still worth the time to take ten seconds out of my life to add this.

lion_roog
July 14th, 2005, 11:13 PM
:haha:...I have a hard time picking up sarcasm, too......Xinithians sarcasm flew over my head..whoosh....I got Neph's pretty easily, though....it's just that I'm too gullible and will take people at their word....:D

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by King Simba
How come is Dakota posting on Jettie's account?

Because they're annoying -_-;

Sharifu
July 15th, 2005, 06:38 AM

If something seems a bit odd, like a bisexual person who almost always knows what they're talking about proving that gay marriage is wrong by using completely outrageous and non-sense "facts", it may be worth a second look. It defies logic that Neph would have been serious, in all honesty, I can't comprehend how someone who read her post carefully couldn't have seen the blatant sarcasm.

Even if you didn't know Neph was bisexual, you can tell she is being sarcastic though by those "completely outrageous and non-sense "facts"" as you put it Pntbll248.

I have a question for those of you who couldn't see the sarcasm, and I am repeating myself, but no body answered these questions yet.

Do you really think Neph, and anyone else believes:

People always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning?
Hanging around tall people will make you tall?
People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract?
Women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal?

(I'm not asking them all) But seriously, those of you who didn't see the sarcasm, what did you think when she said those comments? Did you really think that she thought that way, and that other people think that way?

I think maybe some of you who didn't see the sarcasm, either kind of skimmed through her first post, or maybe English isn't their first language.

lion_roog
July 15th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Did you really think that she thought that way, and that other people think that way?

I don't know...Neph could actually be standing by some NBA player right now trying to get taller...:D

There are some pretty crazy dudes out there...like the guy who thought he was a glass of orange juice...but I think he was high on LCD or something....and then there's the dude who walks backwards everywhere and cusses out his invisable friend....:D

Sharifu
July 15th, 2005, 08:21 AM
English isent Dakota's first language, its Welsh, she speaks English buh she speaks more Welsh

Yeah it's ok, that makes a little more sense to me. :)

nathalie
July 15th, 2005, 08:50 AM
oh my ... :cringe:

tanslation? *lol*

nathalie
July 15th, 2005, 09:06 AM
I knew Welsh was like a language on it's own, just thought there would be a little English in there.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 09:30 AM
maybe you 2 need to use one account :D?
maybe i need to register another user to chat with me

Mabatu
July 15th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Exactly; people don't think. If everyone would think about what they read and what they're going to post, this little argument never would have happened. If something seems a bit odd, like a bisexual person who almost always knows what they're talking about proving that gay marriage is wrong by using completely outrageous and non-sense "facts", it may be worth a second look. It defies logic that Neph would have been serious, in all honesty, I can't comprehend how someone who read her post carefully couldn't have seen the blatant sarcasm.

Some people here are claiming that everyone's attacking Dakota, when Neph was taking crap the whole thread because some people: didn't read her entire post, didn't read the posts of others after her post, didn't think about her post, were looking for a fight or a way to disprove Neph/xinithian/anyone else who used sarcasm, or lack the mental capacity to understand sarcasm. Yes, I'm sure there's one who genuinely didn't understand her sarcasm even after reading it twice or more, that's just a misunderstanding but not something Neph should have to compensate for, but I have a feeling that the vast majority didn't read the post or think. Because we all know that a person can't say one thing and mean another.

I don't think suggesting that people don't 'think', or 'lack the mental capacity to understand sarcasm' is fair. I know i'd feel very insulted if i didn't see the sarcasm right away, and then someone told me i wasn't thinking, or that i was stupid, which is what you seem to be suggesting pnt. At least people were willing to come forward and admit that they didn't spot the sarcasm. There's no need to make them feel bad about it.

Personally i don't find it very difficult to see that some people won't detect the sarcasm. I mean, that was actually my first thought - not everybody is going to understand that's it's sarcastic. If i hadn't known Neph before i read this post, i'm almost certain i wouldn't realise she's being sarcastic either.

Anyway, as far as i'm concerned, it's not anybody's fault that they didn't spot the sarcasm. So instead of trying to suggest that people are stupid for not thinking, we should just accept that that's the way they look at things, it's no big deal. Nobody thinks Neph should change her post, it was just a controversial way to put things i guess you could say.

Juniper
July 15th, 2005, 02:54 PM
*sigh* edited. I knew I was forgetting something. I won't change what I wrote, if someone thinks that I am calling people stupid, more power to them, but I never said I was. What I was saying was that even the people that didn't understand that it was sarcasm after a page worth of discussion said that they did once they READ the thread topic in depth. I put all my politically correct tags in there that should be there, I made sure I gave an alternative, that some were just genuinely confused and that wasn't anyone's fault, and I didn't say anyone was stupid, I gave plenty of alternatives there also. Pulling from another post, I also said it was understandable if English was the person's first language. The only politically correct tag I missed was my usual disclaimer, which I went ahead and added. Anything else you'd like me to add while I'm at it?

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 05:00 PM
This thread is not for chatting, even if it is in another language. Use an IM service, not a forum <<

King Simba
July 15th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Stay on topic please guys. Like Ravoc said, if you want to chat use an IM program instead of chatting in this thread. ;)

IchLiebeNALA
July 15th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Lorna
Hey Everyone
Im New Here Buh Im A Friend Of Dakota's N Jettie's. I Jus Thort I'd Say Tha I Woz There Wen Jettie N Dakota Read The Homophobic Marriage Fing N I Thort Tha She Woz Bein Serious Aswell Lol, Buh I Did Read Wa Every1 Else Wrote B4 I Sed Ne Fing Against It N Now I Kno Tha It Woz Scarcism. Buh Wa I Am Guna Say Iz Tha I Fink Ur All Bein A Bit Hard On Dakota I Mean She Woz Only Voicin Her Opion N Fair Enuff U Mite B Voicin Urs Aswell Wen U Were Avin A Go At Her Buh There Woz No Need 2 B Nasty Bou It Lol ! Ne Way Hope I Didnt Make 2 Many Enemys By Postin This
Ttyl
Lorna x x x

Translation:

I'm new here but i'm a friend of Dakota and Jettie's. I just thought i'd say that i was there when Jettie and Dakota read the Homophobic marriage thing and I though that she was being serious aswell LOL, but I did read what everyone else before I said anything against it and know i know that it was Sarcasm. But what i am going to say is that I think that you are all being a bit hard on Dakota. I mean she was only voicing her opinion and fair enough you might be voicing yours aswell when you were having a go at her, but there was no need to be nasty about it LOL. anyway, I hope I didnt make too many enemies by posting this.

Talk to you later.

Lorna x x x

Xinithian
July 15th, 2005, 05:35 PM
why are you translating it? its in English, and u just made words longer? It's like, a combination between ghetto south central language and 1337 language. No offense, but that's very hard/annoying to read. It's okay to use in chat systems or whatnot (because you don't have much time to type out complete sentences), but posting it in a forum is not necessary.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 05:40 PM
THANK YOU DAN AND XINI!!!!!

It was getting beyond annoying! If you can't type in plain simple english, or at least have a desire to type in english, then please get lost. Seriously. NO ONE wants to read your garbled posts! :grrr:

Typos are understandable, everyone makes typos now and then, I'm sure that in the typing of this very post that I'll make a few typos. However what you are doing is on purpose. Stop it <<

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Guntur
maybe you 2 need to use one account :D?
maybe i need to register another user to chat with me

I didnt think u were saying n e one was stupid, i fully understood your post , i dont generally get sarcasm til its pointed, out, i had already posted here about it and my friend said, u do know there being sarcastic, and me and jettie were like, oh! neither of us realised, we were sat there reading like What!
Dakota

Hey Everyone
Im New Here Buh Im A Friend Of Dakota's N Jettie's. I Jus Thort I'd Say Tha I Woz There Wen Jettie N Dakota Read The Homophobic Marriage Fing N I Thort Tha She Woz Bein Serious Aswell Lol, Buh I Did Read Wa Every1 Else Wrote B4 I Sed Ne Fing Against It N Now I Kno Tha It Woz Scarcism. Buh Wa I Am Guna Say Iz Tha I Fink Ur All Bein A Bit Hard On Dakota I Mean She Woz Only Voicin Her Opion N Fair Enuff U Mite B Voicin Urs Aswell Wen U Were Avin A Go At Her Buh There Woz No Need 2 B Nasty Bou It Lol ! Ne Way Hope I Didnt Make 2 Many Enemys By Postin This
Ttyl
Lorna x x x

Hiya Lorna, well I am sorry for chattin 2 my friend.

why are you translating it? its in English, and u just made words longer?
well i made enemies when i first came here i guess so join the club lol
n e ways bck on topic, yeah a lot of people thought that Neph was being serious, Im not the only one, must be a Welsh thing rite grls lol, and i m the only one who boiced there opinions exaclty how they thought them, straight away.
ttyl
Dakota

My message was referring to the owners of those posts. Or so you can all understand me a bit better:

mi messg ws bout teh owns of thos posts

Jespah
July 15th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Hmmm.... i just read a little clip of that and... umm....

It musta been a lot harder to write that load of crap than actual eglish. You sure u didn't go out of your way to piss these guys off? oO

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 06:10 PM
and what was wrong with the posts, i said sumthing at the begining and then i was replying to what somebody else had said...

You just did it again!

Plus you forgot capitalization and punctuation as well, but that's not as important as proper spelling << Seriously, just stop.

Somewhere, some english teacher is rolling in their grave.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 06:27 PM
No, I wouldn't. However, I would really like it for you to stop being an idiot and thinking that it's cool to spam a forum with chats and bad spelling. Plus, unless you have something that actually contributes to this specific thread topic, please leave this thread the thread.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I was calling you an idiot as well you know. And anyone else who talks like that.

Get your lazy butt up and type, or don't type at all.

You have been warned <<

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Second warning Dakota..

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Dakota take more time in writing your posts, as in dont use shorts, that is for IM, think of it like this, lea is a book your writing and you want people to be able to read it without having to guess what some words mean.

It can get very annoying otherwise.

Boos

Xinithian
July 15th, 2005, 06:51 PM
omg it woz like 1 typin mistake lol
ne way i cnt type the full words wen im jus relaxin at my comp coz ovawise it makes me feel like im in skwl n i dnt wanna feel like im in skwl wen im at home - y d'u fink i avoid doin homework so much lol
yea ne way wa does ghetto south central language n 1337 language mean?
n ne way tha's bein offensive 2 ppl wiv dislexia (ppl whu cnt read or spell properly) n i lotta ppl ave tha
n i wud like 4 u 2 stop bein nasty 2 Dakota - there woz no need 2 call her an idiot n she's noh spammin this site
Lorna Just stop. Please.

Does anybody actually have anything to say about the topic of gay marriage, or is this just a "typ lyk dis b3cuse im 2 lazee 2 aktully rite ok nd ez 2 reed sen'ces"?

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Well, you did. (get a warning that is)

As I said before, and I quote:

Get your lazy butt up and type, or don't type at all.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Third warning.

And yes, I am allowed to give out warnings, I am a mod after all.

King Simba
July 15th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Surely it's not too much to write a sentence in proper english. I usually type things similar to what you're posting on MSN, for example; "hey mate... how r u?"

And anyways, I think it's time we dropped this "i can type wateva i lyke... its not ur choice... ur not my english teacher r ya!!1" thing and get back to the original topic.

And no, we're not mean... we just like to be able to read things a lot easier and not have any difficulty reading them. That's what Ravoc is trying to do.

I'm done.

King Simba
July 15th, 2005, 07:02 PM
You can tell that someone's a mod because their name is in bold on the "Pride members online" list but since Ravoc's status is set to invisible, you can't see his status. You can only see his status on the "Moderated by" list in the "Everything The Light Touches" forum since he's a moderator of that forum.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Then quit typing like you're five.

And if you're comparing your laziness, to dyslexia.. using it as an excuse for you to be lazy. That is a very sickening and sad thing indeed.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 07:12 PM
If you can type properly, then do so.

Also, quit spamming with one liners.

Exactly!

And if you don't want warnings, I'm sure some of the members here would be more than happy to see you banned instead.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Pride Rules: No chatting in threads. (ex: 1 line posts and replies)

Also, i think you're finally getting the idea of it. Your typing has improved at least.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Well, since you had been saying every other word prior to that post, I wasn't sure if it was a typo or on purpose.

And Lorna, if you want to be rude, take it to PMs and I shall gladly join you.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Because it is annoying to members, including myself. They have made their views on the subject known in this thread already. They're just saying it nicer than I am. But I am not the only one who was annoyed, just the one that is speaking up the most. <<

EDIT: If you want a pat on the back for it Lorna, then you have it. Congrats on learning to type clear enough for everyone to understand and want to read what you have to say.

Juniper
July 15th, 2005, 07:48 PM
*Grabs some popcorn*

Dakota, Lorna, whoever is in question here, here's what your going to do if you want to end the argument and continue on this forum having a good time and posting and stuff. You're going to quit spamming. Yes, I know you don't think you were, but just for future reference, don't. You're also going to use big-kids language, like, words and sentences, for instance. You're going to use your user name, and only our user name, unless you suffer from multiple personality disorder. You're going to apologize, and then you're going to have a good time at this forum, remembering the rules, and just keeping this in mind as a nasty lesson that everyone has learned at one point or another on this forum. I've had my share of scuffs on this forum, I'm still here :)

I'm not telling you what to do, you're more than welcome to continue this argument, I'm enjoying it, but it'll be so much easier if we all just sit back for a second and calm down. I'm sure most people are willing to forget all this if we apologize, don't do it again, and move on. Yes, I know you don't think you did anything wrong, you may have misunderstood because you're new to the forum, but arguing with mods is just going to get you in more trouble.

Please?

Juniper
July 15th, 2005, 08:05 PM
It was a blanket statement directed towards anyone in the argument, if you don't think you're in the argument, then you don't apply to "whoever is in question".

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Since you have learnt to use proper spelling Dakota. As I said in the toehr thread, thank you. And the last warning will not count on you. Perhaps I had been a bit overly aggressive. However you and your friends seemed to basically disregard other members complaints, and the warnings that I gave you.

Please note the warnings are not a laughing matter. When you get to three warnings, you're in potential of being banned. However, as I stated, perhaps I did give you and Lorna too many. I shall back it down to one warning for each of you.

And once again I thank you for being kind enough to type properly.

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 08:11 PM
The supermods/admins would decide whether you should be banned or not. If you were banned, then it could be permanently or just for a little while. If you're not banned, the mods will deifnitely talk to you about it until a solution to whatever was going on was met.

Something along thos elines. However, let's get back to the real subject at hand shall we? ^^

unregistered user
July 15th, 2005, 08:15 PM
None whatsoever from me. And now that the situation is over, I take my leave from this thread.

lion_roog
July 15th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Yes Dakota I understood myself perfectly aswell, infact I could read the post I wrote before this post better than I can read this one i'm writing now lol
So then Ravoc, am I getting the the idea of it aswell?
Because if you notice I have not made any spelling mistakes and I've put all my punctuation and capital letters in the write place. And if I have made a mistake then my english teacher isn't a very good one is he?
Lorna

:haha:...She learned English in a day....it's a miracle!!!....:D

I'm sorry, I just felt the need to be an ***....I loves you all...Buddy Hugs!!.....:D

But seriously, typing out complete sentences and words is a lot better....glad to see you finally decided to do it....Have Fun!:cheese:

lion_roog
July 15th, 2005, 10:35 PM
lol, well like i said, welsh is my first language, but i do speak mostly full english, its just a little sloppy lol
Dakota

Cool...No one can fault you for trying...especially if English isn't your first language..:cheese:

Sharifu
July 15th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu
If i hadn't known Neph before i read this post, i'm almost certain i wouldn't realise she's being sarcastic either.

Ok... In my opinion, I don't think it matters who would type it, because the sarcasm is so blunt. If I had no idea who typed that at all, I can still see the sarcasm because (and I am repeating myself once again) I do not believe people always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning, we use those things in everyday life! I do not believe hanging around tall people will make you tall, because we all know that doesn't work, and so and so on.

Anyways it's nice to see some of you typing better English. It was hard and annoying before to read your posts, especially Lorna's. But now you are typing more clearly so it's easier to read.

Simba_TLK
July 15th, 2005, 11:48 PM
What I was saying was that even the people that didn't understand that it was sarcasm after a page worth of discussion said that they did once they READ the thread topic in depth.
i dont think you are getting what Mabatu is trying to say here...
what happens when people read Neph's post when there was NO discussion yet. BUT when the discussion started, then they understood the sarcasm.
i dont see any problem with that situation?

Exactly; people don't think. If everyone would think about what they read and what they're going to post, this little argument never would have happened.
but I have a feeling that the vast majority didn't read the post or think.
regardless if you meant to suggest people were stupid or not, im pretty sure some people still 'felt bad' (as Mabatu mentioned) since you said they were not 'thinking' about what they were reading or posting, it ultimately will give people the feeling of ignoranance and stupidity...even if you didnt mean it.

but anyway, ill have to agree with everybody else on this thread, that this thread is getting a little bit out of hand...
so lets just leave this topic as it is, as i think it seems to have come to a resolution through explaination already....

I do not believe people always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning, we use those things in everyday life! I do not believe hanging around tall people will make you tall, because we all know that doesn't work, and so and so on.
yes i dont believe that either, and most people will agree with you on that one too.

however, just because we believe it, doesnt necessarily mean other people dont, some people will honestly think those 'facts' are true, as crazy as that may sound.
trust me, ive met people like that before...
so at first i didnt assume that it is sarcasm, since they could have very well thought that, and this is more the case since it is the internet.

Juniper
July 16th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Simba_TLK
Originally posted by .... Yeah.
Exactly; people don't think. If everyone would think about what they read and what they're going to post, this little argument never would have happened.
but I have a feeling that the vast majority didn't read the post or think.

Don't take my post out of context; and that's exactly what you did. You removed the part where I said some people may have been genuinely confused and that it wasn't anyone's fault for that.

If you'd like me to quote you out of context, I will

Originally Posted by Simba_TLK

you....are....crazy

Now, that was a really mean thing to say to me, Simba_TLK; and you did say those three words in your post. Who cares what order they came in or if there were any words between them, you still said it and now my feelings are hurt. Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but you should get my point that when you take my words out of context, or neglect to add things in between that may be my defense, it bugs me.

Seriously though, I'm not changing my post or my view, and I'm not apologizing; if someone was hurt by my post saying they didn't read Neph's topic thoroughly and failed to recognize sarcasm, well, they are going to be in for a culture shock when they enter the real world. Come to me through PMs or otherwise if you were badly hurt by that, and we can work things out and it'll all be good and solved. Contrary to popular belief, I don't like hurting people and I don't like making people unhappy, so I don't want someone to be afraid to come to me if they have a problem so we can work it out; I promise I don't bite.

SIMBAtheENIGMA
July 16th, 2005, 06:44 AM
I thinks someone should just close this thread... This is looking like one big misunderstanding. So you should all just get over it, and drop it because this forum isn't here so we can have pety arguments over something that was miss-interpreted. Its **** like this that breaks communities. So Stop here while were ahead.

Sombolia
July 16th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Okay.. I haven't read the whole thread but.. I'm kinda getting vibes that Jettie, Dakota, and Lorna are all the same person >> I've never seen them all online at the same time, yet they post like one minute after one another.. I don't know. I'm probably wrong. Just a feeling.

Anyways, I do agree that the three of them need to clean up their posts, it's a terrible pain to read and it doesn't exactly make the forum look good.

And sorry, Xini; your sarcasm kinda flew over my head there :p

lion_roog
July 16th, 2005, 07:39 AM

Anyways, I do agree that the three of them need to clean up their posts, it's a terrible pain to read and it doesn't exactly make the forum look good.

I feel that we all should start talking in Binary....1000101011100101001010010001110010010010 01001001...Yeah
That's right, I said it!!!...:D

Or Hexadecimal!!!....12AB5D87ACEF....Incase you have a little trouble with my accent...it's roughly translated into...1001010101011010111011000011110101100111011 11....:D

Sombolia
July 16th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
I feel that we all should start talking in Binary....1000101011100101001010010001110010010010 01001001...Yeah
That's right, I said it!!!...:D

Or Hexadecimal!!!....12AB5D87ACEF....Incase you have a little trouble with my accent...it's roughly translated into...1001010101011010111011000011110101100111011 11....:D

:lol: Yeah.. we should all talk in binary, and then n00bs will bow before our 10001111 skills :D

Lucy Lioness
July 16th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog - 100010101110010100101001000111001001001001001001

:gasp: How dare you!!!

Newbs Bow Before the Mighty Roog! :D

lion_roog
July 16th, 2005, 07:45 AM
:lol: Yeah.. we should all talk in binary, and then n00bs will bow before our 10001111 skills :D

:haha:....but hopefully they wont use any Binary noob speak...like...1010112212100....I mean, c'mon, that's great for MSN and all, but those 2s just make things all hard to read and confusing....:D

lion_roog
July 16th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Lucy Lioness

:gasp: How dare you!!!

:haha:...I'm so sorr-Your Signature Keeps Blinking At Me!!!!!oneeleven11!!1!1.....sorry...went a little Net Speak there....:D

Lucy Lioness
July 16th, 2005, 07:48 AM
:haha:...I'm so sorr-Your Signature Keeps Blinking At Me!!!!!oneeleven11!!1!1.....sorry...went a little Net Speak there....:D

Haha! :D You know I only got this signature to freak you out! :D

Sombolia
July 16th, 2005, 07:50 AM
01011001011001010110000101101000001011000010000001 11010001101000011001010010000001110100011101110110 11110010011101110011001000000111010001101111011101 00011000010110110001101100011110010010000001110011 01110101011000110110101100100001

http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php :p

But.. perhaps we should just dig up that old "unreadable" code thread thing, instead of continuing here :p

lion_roog
July 16th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
Haha! :D You know I only got this signature to freak you out! :D

:haha:...You're such a good friend....:D

To get back on topic...and to keep people from yelling at me by saying.."could you please keep on topic"..or "Die now, you evil..."..</end sarcasm...as if people actually take anything I say seriously..:p>..I would have to agree with StE that this thread should be closed...it's waaaay off topic...but it was fun, and that's all that counts in the end...right?....:D

Lucy Lioness
July 16th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Haha - binary, it's digitalicious. :D

Sombolia
July 16th, 2005, 07:55 AM
:haha:...You're such a good friend....:D

To get back on topic...and to keep people from yelling at me by saying.."could you please keep on topic"..or "Die now, you evil..."..</end sarcasm...as if people actually take anything I say seriously..:p>..I would have to agree with StE that this thread should be closed...it's waaaay off topic...but it was fun, and that's all that counts in the end...right?....:D

"Life's just a party." :p

But, yea.. I wouldn't mind it open, as long if we get back to the topic, but we've pretty much exhausted the topic, so a close might be the best. :p

King Simba
July 16th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Okay.. I haven't read the whole thread but.. I'm kinda getting vibes that Jettie, Dakota, and Lorna are all the same person >> I've never seen them all online at the same time, yet they post like one minute after one another.. I don't know. I'm probably wrong. Just a feeling.

And sorry, Xini; your sarcasm kinda flew over my head there :p
I've seen Dakota and Lorna on at the same time... sometimes Jettie, Dakota and Lorna have been on at the same times too... that was last night btw.

And I think this thread's fallen to pieces now... big style. :gasp:

SIMBAtheENIGMA
July 16th, 2005, 08:17 AM
</end sarcasm...as if people actually take anything I say seriously..:p>

:bleen: :lol: :noogie: :)

But you have to remember its just text, its easier to comprehend when someone actualy speaks sarcasticaly... :cheese:

lion_roog
July 16th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by SIMBAtheENIGMA
:bleen: :lol: :noogie: :)

But you have to remember its just text, its easier to comprehend when someone actualy speaks sarcasticaly... :cheese:

:haha:...True....But even for me..real life sarcasm will skip over me every know and then.... :D

Dakota: I think you need to clean up your posts...They are very dirty!!..When's the last time you washed them?!?!...:gasp:....:D

Sombolia
July 16th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Your spelling has improved vastly, but you still could work on periods 'n' stuff.. not trying to be rude, just reading run-on sentences is kinda confusing ;o

Vidan
July 16th, 2005, 09:10 AM
I think Sombolia is talking about using proper punctuation, i.e. periods at the end of sentences, and using two spaces between the period and the beginning of the next sentence.

Roog is just kidding. When he kids around he usually uses smileys.

The way you're writing now is clear enough to me. There are plenty of users on this forum that don't always use proper punctuation, but for the most part I don't mind, as long as the post is relatively short.

For longer posts, especially those that have more than one paragraph, I'd say using proper punctuation is essential.

I think you've proven yourself, so there's no need to for this side discussion to continue.

Sombolia
July 16th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Sombolia : What do you mean work on periods 'n' stuff

and

Lion Roog: What do you mean they are dirty?

I mean PERIODS. You know, . <-- that thing?

and Roog was making a joke.

King Simba
July 16th, 2005, 09:24 AM
I mean PERIODS. You know, . <-- that thing?
Yep, or in other words; full stops, comma's etc. ;) It makes sentences and paragraphs so much easier to read if you use them. That's what they're there for.

nathalie
July 16th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Are you and Lorna then using the same computer most of the time?

nathalie
July 16th, 2005, 10:30 AM
ahaaaaa, that explains the same IP adresses everytime from you and Lorna

nathalie
July 16th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Well, you and Lorna have always the same IP adress. (also registered under the same IP adress)

And Jettie has got a different one.

You might understand my confusion :)

nathalie
July 16th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Hmm, Jettie's last post was at 07-16-2005 11:58 AM and with a different IP adress then you now.

Yours and Lorna's are the same all the time. So you have only on-line when you're in school?

nathalie
July 16th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Yeah, and I'm just trying to understand the situation :)

Sorry to go any further, but home, both at the same home? Or seperate. I'm just trying to understand this IP "problem".

nathalie
July 16th, 2005, 10:58 AM
no, members can't look up IP's

Well, I think I understand it now :)

Sombolia
July 16th, 2005, 11:07 AM
oh okay lol, i know my IP now, but how did you tell what my IP was if we can't look them up, or are you a mod or admin?

nathalie's a super mod ;)

Kiara Serengeti
July 16th, 2005, 02:05 PM
lol!

Nephilim
July 16th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
lol!

People really, really need to stop making posts like this.

*snerks* Uka, my hero. <3

SO LIKE I WAS SAYING ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE.

IchLiebeNALA
July 16th, 2005, 05:57 PM
well, wveryone has their own opinions, and those opinions should be respected. no matter if you disagree with them.

nothing, and i mean NOTHING gives anyone the right to forcefully change those opinions.

if you disagree with them, accept it.

unregistered user
July 16th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Correct Dan, indeed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And I personally liked Neph's sarcastic way of getting her points across ^^ Of course I also love sarcasm in general :idiot: ^_^

IchLiebeNALA
July 17th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Correct Dan, indeed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

thank you Ravoc :D ;)

Juniper
July 17th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Did we forget that the topic of the thread was homosexuality and gay marriage? It's not about telling Neph she was wrong for not putting "ThIS IS SArcASM!!!" or about spam.

Nephilim
July 17th, 2005, 03:12 PM
have fun lol were still not sticking to the thread topic

No, no you're not, which is very much against the rules.

Lea is our discussion forum, not your chat room. Thank you.

unregistered user
July 17th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Can I die now? This is becoming incredibly annoying -_-;

Jettie, Lorna, and anyone else out there.. if it's personal matters, use a chat room or email, or PMs.. not a thread to talk back and forth. It's 'group' discussion. Not two or three people going back and forth talking about what they did today which is completely off topic.

Juniper
July 17th, 2005, 10:13 PM
*sigh* If you're not going to stay on topic, leave, because we want to have an intelligent conversation. This is the last post where I'll be civil about the matter.

unregistered user
July 17th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Despite NOT wanting to get into an argument in this thread.. that already happened. And though I don't weant to get another one going, I shall post my feelings on Neph's original topic in order for this thread to hopefully return to the actual topic..

1. As far as natural, it is indeed natural, at least if you look at the animal world. As was mentioned in this or another thread before. However nature also shows survival of the fittest is the correct way to go and I'm sure that a good share of us wouldn't like that, I refer to a post by Shatara in the Guns in School thread, this is taken out of text mind you and not quoted directly. That since guns were invented it is no longer survival of the fittest, now everyone can defend themselves.

2. If homosexuality is accepted as a norm, I can definitely see how more people would be willing to go for it. But it can't forcefully make you gay, no. However everyone knows that a good share of people are followers and fads. I'm not calling homosexuality a fad of course lol. I'm just saying that what is generally accepted as okay, most people do (ex: electricity, yes I'm refering this to Amish x) ).

3. Yes well, all I have to say to this one is :lol: And I can only hope that marrying pets is never allowed..

4. Yes well, I'm actually not sure what it is you'd be implying here Neph :confused: Except just to add more sarcasm to the topic. Are you saying that gay marriage will change? And if so, what precisely do you mean/expect? Oo

5. I don't see how it would be less meaningful O.o? Unless you mean that gay marriage would degrade marriage entirely? I view marriage in a religous sense, thus I'm biased to my religion when it comes to most things, including this.

6. Nah, heterosexual mariages are valid because God set it up that way when he made marriage betweena man and a woman. As for the population, people need to learn to control their lustful desires (ie, their sexual organs). Let's hear it for abstinence folks! x)

7. Straight parents definitely don't just raise straight children, otherwise there wouldn't be any homosexuals at all and this fun little debate would not be existent even. However as for homosexuals raising children. I am both for and against it. i'm for it because the children need a good home because of those lustful sexual organs of the straight people couldn't stop themselves because they're horny pigs (NOT just talking about men there either ladies x) ). I am against it though because I personally don't see homosexuality as right, and chances of the kids being raised by homosexual couples thinking that it is okay, will grow. My concern is the moral value will decline. before anyone says anything though, I know that straight parents can be just as bad, I'm against that as well. As I stated, my concern is the moral value.

8. Now this is a topic I love and hate to discuss x) America was founded by three things. By the church, by blood, and by tears. England is much the same. However no religion as St. Augustine himself pointed out should ever govern the entirety of the people of a country. However I do believe that the country should follow basic morals standards. no killing, stealing, eatting ones own weight in beef per day.. things like that x) Should Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc.. be forced down our throats? No. I believe that homosexuals should be allowed to be together. As far as marriage goes, I still view it as a religious practice x)

9. I believe that it is best if there is a dad and mom for a child. Otherwise according to the theory of evolution, a mana nd a man or a woman and a woman would be able to make babies by themselves. There must be some reasoning of mother nature's (or God's for thos eof you who believ ein him) for making it this way.

10. 'Social norms', that's what I'm thinking about. Refer to 2. for this part x) But to add a little sarcasm.. what if we all turn gay?! :gasp: Then no one will populate the planet and we'll all die and stuff!!!

"There ya have it" ~Country song :evilgrin:

Nephilim
July 18th, 2005, 10:08 AM
In answer to Uka's post;

4. What I'm saying is that just because there's homosexual marriage doesn't mean that it will change heterosexual marriage. Even if it does, it's changed many, many times before, and it's down to the individual person how a marriage takes place, at any rate.

8. Yup, religion does not control our two countries, because let's face it, a lot of people aren't religious. Why should I have to live be the rules of a deity I don't even believe existed?

unregistered user
July 18th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Dakota, Jettie, Lorna, bear in mind that the only reason that this thread is still open is because of the last two posts being on topic, if I see one more post that has something to do with anything other than the two posts above mine I will delete it because frankly i'm getting tired of locking threads that really doesnt have to be locked.

And if you want to respond to this post, PM me dont post it here.

Lion King Stu
July 18th, 2005, 11:45 AM
wow the maturity<sarcasm>

how bout you stay on topic bitach..we had a few threds closed because of you lot and I'm getting ******* fed up about it.
Do us all a favour and just leave this forum.

Lucy Lioness
July 18th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Didn't look like a 5 year olds writing to me. :confused:

nathalie
July 18th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I don't care who wrote it or not, because this is all going way to far !

And I'm not taking instructions of someone who is 6 years younger then me, ask yourself that same question about who is being rude the past 2 days !

I'm really sorry, but I'm really pissed off !

lion_roog
July 18th, 2005, 12:07 PM
So Sorry!!!....Your cousin should let us know that then....Cuz we only see what your data packets let us see and they can't tell between you typing and your cosuin typing...frankly I couldn't even tell the difference in typing!!!!...:D

Count It!...:D

Now I have nothing against a Dude marrying another Dude and such...even though I am personally not in favor of it...but that's my thing and I have no right telling other people they are wrong when I have my own wrongs to worry about.....But I draw the line at people marrying pets, stuffed animals......food...:D

Lion King Stu
July 18th, 2005, 12:10 PM
:lol: sorry I have to laugh at the 5 year old thing...man you gotta come up with a better excuse than that :p.

And don't ya dare be mean to Nathy.....watch your self is all I will say :evilgrin: watch ya self muwahaaa

Lucy Lioness
July 18th, 2005, 12:10 PM
well that was because it was typing and like i said it was the only thing she know's how 2 type .. blame my sister (she taught her how 2 write that and only that) .. ne way nathalie u r a very very naughty girl .. swearing on a forum .. and with my cousin sitting right next to me .. SHAME ON U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you dare shift the blame on to Nathalie. :grrr: This is your doing, no one elses.

Nephilim
July 18th, 2005, 12:12 PM
*sigh* Can't we all just PM Mufasa? Hurrah for peer pressure!

Lion King Stu
July 18th, 2005, 12:16 PM
ooo i sense anger :evilgrin: yeah right she was 5 years old yeah yeah yeah :p worst excuse ever :lol:

Iestyn
July 18th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Where's Muffy when you need him?

Nephilim
July 18th, 2005, 12:22 PM
HURRAH

UM EXCUSE ME U STUPID LION HUGGA BUT I ****IN SED THAT WOZ MY ****IN 5 YR OLD CUZ N UNLUCKY 4 U SHES GONE NOW SO I CAN SAY WAT THE **** I WANT U IGNORANT TWATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry, do you mean this?

UM , EXCUSE ME YOU STUPID LION HUGGER BUT I ****IN SAID THAT WAS MY ****ING 5 YEAR OLD COUSIN AND UNLUCKY X FOR YOU SHE'S GONE NOW SO I CAN SAY WHAT THE **** I WANT YOU IGNORANT TWATS! XXXXX

F-

Most unacceptable work. Please re-do this, and have it on my desk by Monday, or face detention.

Lucy Lioness
July 18th, 2005, 12:22 PM
worst excuse eva lmfao .. um excuse me buh ur wa 17 n a guy n u wuv the iccle liccle lion king .. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

bless uuuuuu
lorna n kota

And you are 15 and can't write. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Lion King Stu
July 18th, 2005, 12:23 PM
why thank you considering i'm 2 years older than you :p :lol:

And well actually considering theres a hell of alot more people older than me on this forum I don't care what little annoying, stupid, thick, n00bish, foul mouthed little girl/boy/both thinks :P

Mizani
July 18th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Sorry, do you mean this?

UM , EXCUSE ME YOU STUPID LION HUGGER BUT I ****IN SAID THAT WAS MY ****ING 5 YEAR OLD COUSIN AND UNLUCKY X FOR YOU SHE'S GONE NOW SO I CAN SAY WHAT THE **** I WANT YOU IGNORANT TWATS! XXXXX

F-

Most unacceptable work. Please re-do this, and have it on my desk by Monday, or face detention.
Gee, I didn't think I'd ever laugh again.

Iestyn
July 18th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Sorry, do you mean this?

F-

LMAO!

Lucy Lioness
July 18th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Haha Neph! :D This thread is getting funny now, all these empty insults from silly girls.:p

Sharifu
July 18th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Sorry, do you mean this?

F-

Omg haha! :lol: I love your sense of humor Sam. <3 :D

Ruska
July 18th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Sorry, do you mean this?

F-

Detention with Sam...nyaaaa...:rawr:

lion_roog
July 18th, 2005, 12:54 PM
:haha:....What type of detention are we talking now?...:rawr:

Cuz maebyee I w8nt detetetetetetetetention 2?!!!%...:rwr:...:rawr;...:raswr:...:rawr:

Man, I suck at Net Speak...:D

unregistered user
July 18th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I'll do it if I get a golden star!

Now I will lock this thread, its getting out of hand, if anyone want it to reopen later on pm me.

EDIT

I am opening this thread because a PM and if any member go offtopic, its gone again, so if you are to post in this thread keep it to the original topic...PLEASE!

- Unlocked -

nathalie
July 18th, 2005, 02:34 PM
If you look at the title, and read the first + second page, I'm sure you will know what it's about :)

unregistered user
July 18th, 2005, 02:48 PM
I must say, this thread is quite funny x)

Oh, and thank you Neph for the reply to my post btw that was a few pages back before immaturity raised it's evil head again.

Ghamu
July 18th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Let's hear it for abstinence folks! x)
Or masturbation. Whatever works.

That little bit aside, I feel that marriage should be a legal technicality, something like a joint bank account. Two people sign a marriage-contract which makes them legally wedded. If they want a ceremony on top of that to make their marriage feel legitimate, they should have one.

Not everyone gets married in the church nowadays anyway, and the priest can still deny anyone the right to get married in 'his' church. The big loser here is obviously the church that will probably notice a slight drop-off in the income that ceremonies like weddings bring (some heterosexual couples will probably hesitate with the cost renting a church brings). But since some poeple claim that money is the "Root of all evil", I don't really see that as a problem. The church might, though. =P

nathalie
July 18th, 2005, 03:08 PM
A priest can deny somebody getting married in the church?

I didn't knew that.

Juniper
July 18th, 2005, 03:11 PM
*clears throat* Lorna's a poopy head

Back on topic though; why do people feel that if they don't agree with gay marriage, that their personal beliefs should dictate how society is run? I mean, a back at the turn of the century, African American people were treated in a similar way; they were treated like dirt by half the country, suffered many hate crimes, treated as second class citizens, and didn't have the full rights of an American citizen. Back then, Christians said the Bible gave them permission to treat minority groups badly and today some people say the bible gives them permission to hate gay people. Same with women and the oppression they've dealt with too.

Now, I know almost everyone is thinking "Come on, it's not nearly as bad as it was for African Americans or women", but I think Sam Shepard would beg to differ.

Though I consider myself Christian, just liberal Christian, I think we need to remember that Christianity doesn't own marriage, Christianity didn't create marriage either. Islam doesn't own marriage, neither does Judaism; it belongs to every society and thus it belongs to everyone.

unregistered user
July 18th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Yep, sure can Nathalie, it's nice to see that the topic has returned to its actual discussion AT LAST.

Katifa
July 24th, 2005, 10:02 PM
To quote a certain very wise sloth from a certain very funny movie: some ex-ellent points you have there, Neph! (And he-larious ones too, if you wanna interpret them in a certain (i.e. correct) way.) It's just like how it's creepy and perverted and just plain wrong for me to be a toonophile because male cartoonists nver give their females outrageously large mammery glands. /sarcasm

Juniper
July 25th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Katifa
To quote a certain very wise sloth from a certain very funny movie: some ex-ellent points you have there, Neph! (And he-larious ones too, if you wanna interpret them in a certain (i.e. correct) way.) It's just like how it's creepy and perverted and just plain wrong for me to be a toonophile because male cartoonists nver give their females outrageously large mammery glands. /sarcasm

So... I don't understand (as in, the words you used, not about sarcasm), do you think being gay is wrong or right? And what's a toonophile?

Xinithian
July 25th, 2005, 01:34 AM
So... I don't understand (as in, the words you used, not about sarcasm), do you think being gay is wrong or right? And what's a toonophile? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonophilia

Toonophilia can mean a tendency to become deeply emotionally involved with a cartoon character, a sexual attraction to a cartoon character, or frequently both. Generally, toonophiles use such characters as a sexual fetish.

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 01:59 PM

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America/England.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

you sick homophobe. there is a room in hell with your name on it.

There is no name calling on this forum and if you would have read some other posts, you would have gathered that this was sarcasm. - Boos

nathalie
July 25th, 2005, 02:01 PM
For crying out loud !!!!

Was it still not obvious it was a joke? Why do people not read the first page of a thread, before they enter a discussion !

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Darth Rafiki
you sick homophobe. there is a room in hell with your name on it.

BUMP

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
For crying out loud !!!!

Was it still not obvious it was a joke? Why do people not read the first page of a thread, before they enter a discussion !

never joke about such a sensitive issue

nathalie
July 25th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Well, haven't you at least try to read the previous pages?

I'm guessing "no" ...

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Darth Rafiki
never joke about such a sensitive issue

BUMP

Sharifu
July 25th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Stop quoting yourself and spamming the thread! And don't be so rude to Neph, she was obviously being sarcastic and it was funny! :rolleyes: And you obviously didn't read the past posts in this topic.

Neph is bi herself and don't be so rude to her, you have no right to do that.

King Simba
July 25th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Well considering that there were 10 pages plus of this thread there's really no reason why you couldn't tell she was being sarcastic. Heck, even Sharifu underlined all the sarcasm which was originally included in Neph's post. :rolleyes:

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Darth Rafiki, if you dont like this thread, stay away from it.

Dyani
July 25th, 2005, 02:30 PM
"implodes"

Nephilim
July 25th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Hell YES, I'm going to room 101! *dances*

I don't feel this to be a sensitive issue at all. Now, things like rape and child abuse on the other hand...

Lion King Stu
July 25th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah sorry Darth but your n00bish and putting Bump posts....jeez :lol:.
Read the topic posts and try to see the funny/sarcastic side or else just steer clear and keep your comments to yourself before you get replies like you got ok ;).

moonibear
July 25th, 2005, 02:41 PM
BUMP?? :lol:

Sorry for teh spam, I just had to say something. It's kinda funny.

Ruska
July 25th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Aaaaaaand Sam's thread is alive again. :emo:

<< >> <<

Bumppaty Bump.

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 03:01 PM
If you dont have anything to say except bump...please dont post

Xinithian
July 25th, 2005, 05:21 PM
http://www.saee.org/images/conferencepics/2004%20the%20bump.JPG
http://www.thebump.co.uk/Bump%20Logo%20Yellow%20Large.jpg

It seems as though this thread keeps getting revived by spam. We should rename it, the official bump thread.

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Well.. this thread has now gone..

Comical > Idiotic > Seriously Idiotic > Serious > Back to idiotic again

I'm waiting for it to reach comical status again x)

TakaTiger
July 25th, 2005, 06:23 PM
or we could just move it to random like every other thread has gone through :P... i bet this one feels left out

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Well.. this thread has now gone..

Comical > Idiotic > Seriously Idiotic > Serious > Back to idiotic again

I'm waiting for it to reach comical status again x)

Well, in the meantime... if you want a quick laugh, go "Here (http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?threadid=1489&highlight=Comic)."

... :evilgrin:

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Actually my comics have moved Sonique ;) I should update that thread..

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Actually my comics have moved Sonique ;) I should update that thread..

Kudos on the update .... :cheese: x)