PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: RP forum is closing completely

Mufasa
July 10th, 2005, 07:46 PM
It's been suggested to be that it would be a better idea to take the TLK roleplaying to something like Yahoo and MSN groups. I have agreed with this but will not be doing it myself. If the RP community here wants to do that, I will endorse any sister site created and link to it here.

Having said that, the RP forum will be closing in 1 month, in order to give time for any suitable replacement to be created and for members to save any posts they want for their own personal collection.

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Does that include the Star Wars RPG that we were doing in Scar's Lair? I know nobody has posted in awhile but I was thinking starting it up again.

http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4709

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 07:55 PM
ok its fair to say I'm more than slightly ticked off about this.
May of been suggested...but how bout you ask the RPer's what they thought about this.

And srry in advance because of this Mufasa.

Mufasa
July 10th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Hmm, any more that would like to keep this forum open? If enough interest than I would be open to doing something else rather than closing compelety.

King Simba
July 10th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I'm with LKS on this one. I've really enjoyed RPing here over the past few months and I'd like the RP forums to stay open. Hopefully more people will agree with both me and LKS here.

And if so, that's great Mufasa. :)

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I'm for anything. :ayecapn:

Nephilim
July 10th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Clooose it. >> << >>

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 08:11 PM
All because u don't RP anymore Neph...we are asking ppl who actually rp here still wat they actually think.
Maybe you don't care about this section but those who RP here do.

Nephilim
July 10th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
All because u don't RP anymore Neph...we are asking ppl who actually rp here still wat they actually think.
Maybe you don't care about this section but those who RP here do.

Actually, I see no reason for it to be closed really. ;P Although maybe RP shouldn't count towards post counts?

Lucy Lioness
July 10th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Well I do not RP myself but I think the RP section should stay open. Even if it's just a smaller one.

Opera Ghost
July 10th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I really don't want it to go

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Actually, I see no reason for it to be closed really. ;P Although maybe RP shouldn't count towards post counts?
Yeah well I was expecting something like that.
Only doing it for Post counts.
Fine well I don't do it for the post county and mostly all members are the same and I hate it when people say that.
Yeah fine techically they should just dump the post count completly off the forum if thats what people are worried about.

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah well I was expecting something like that.
Only doing it for Post counts.
Fine well I don't do it for the post county and mostly all members are the same and I hate it when people say that.
Yeah fine techically they should just dump the post count completly off the forum if thats what people are worried about.

Well I was very intimidated when I first got here and saw all the high post counts, so that's probably a good idea LKS.

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Post counts arent really the issue here, the actual posts are the issue, they take up alot of space since RP is pretty frequent here :E

In my opinion though I dont want it to go. But if there is a better solution il go with that.

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 08:27 PM
well considering the RP section seems to be one of the life lines to this website part from the random threds.
I rather it stayed because well I will grow bored of this site because all there would be the same old random threds.

King Simba
July 10th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I'd rather it stay because RPing has been one of the things I've enjoyed the most about this forum. Over the past year (just around) I've really enjoyed taking part in these RPs and it'd be a shame if they did happen to be deleted.

Kago
July 10th, 2005, 08:38 PM
*makes picket signs for people to use* Ok here we go...

*raises a picket sign* RP STAYS OR I GO *repeats it over and over*

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Have you guys even tried the other idea? You're not even giving it a chance at all.

If the groups were moved to Yahoo! groups then the creators of those RPs would be given the power over that group. You would have administrative powers for that group. It would link back to Lea.

I DO RP here and I RP on yahoo! groups. And Yahoo! is a much more RP friendly. You can post pictures, files, links, everything, and RP. And it is all well organized and everything. That is more than what you get in the oasis section =P

I think you silly people should try the option.

And give Lea back some bandwidth as the Oasis has the most posts in it and could just as easily be used elsewhere.

Under Mufasa's permision I have already made each of the RP creators a group on yahoo! groups if they would like to use that, it is open to oyu, just ask me about it and I'll be glad to put it in your hands =P

IchLiebeNALA
July 10th, 2005, 09:01 PM
there are loads of free forum hosting providers like proBoards and freeyabb and such that i reckon an RP would run good on

in fact, i've set one up now, i'm just creating the forums like those in this RP section :D

Kago
July 10th, 2005, 09:01 PM
*is chanting his lines*

*hears Ravoc and stops* Hey, there's one thing I have to say about this. Most of the people here aren't members of Yahoo! and I don't think they want to become ones just to RP with the people from this forum when they could have done it here.

*resumes chanting* RP STAYS OR I GO!

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Well then, they can try Dan's idea, he said he's willing to make a forum for RP

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 09:03 PM
sorry but I don't want it moved to some Yahoo! group...I'm sticking by what I'm saying so sorry ^^.

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Fine whatever, I don't understand you guys. If you don't want to go to Yahoo groups, then try Dan's idea, I reiterate.

Opera Ghost
July 10th, 2005, 09:05 PM
i don't want it moved to yahoo groups either

Kago
July 10th, 2005, 09:08 PM
RP STAYS OR I GO! RP STAYS OR I GO! RP STAYS OR I GO!

KiaraPrincess
July 10th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Even I don't here as often, I think the RPing section should stay....

Kago
July 10th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Thank you for agreeing with me? Want a picket sign? *holds up picket signs*

Nephilim
July 10th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Kago
RP STAYS OR I GO! RP STAYS OR I GO! RP STAYS OR I GO!

STOP SPAMMING YOU'RE NOT HELPING!

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Thank you Neph :hugs: -___-

Kago
July 10th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Hey, at this rate it'll be an angry mob in about 2 months at the least.

Bagheera
July 10th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Well first of all since I don't roll play I think I have no vote on this but if you do, either just state your opinion in a single post, make an alternate sugestion or just let the ppl interested have their say if the main reason to have this suggested is to reduce the bandwith ocupied by the forum spaming here is definitively not helping. Either way that is my opinion.

TakaTiger
July 10th, 2005, 09:34 PM
im with muffy on this one... all the PRwes have many other ways of doind, through aim, yahoo, man, ick, irc and any other chat program out there... hell, you could try it on teamspeek x) but from what ive herd the RP area is takin up ALOT of bandwith or soemthing... so i wouldnt mind them going ^^

Kago
July 10th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I know! Let's make a petition!

TakaTiger
July 10th, 2005, 09:45 PM
There ya go, RP on Stl's forum :D

King Simba
July 10th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ravoc
Fine whatever, I don't understand you guys. If you don't want to go to Yahoo groups, then try Dan's idea, I reiterate.
I already told you on MSN. I'm alright for the Yahoo group idea although I do want to see what Muffy has to say about all this first. =)

IchLiebeNALA
July 10th, 2005, 09:48 PM
http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/?mforum=tlkrp

well, it's there if you want it ;)

Broken
July 10th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I really don't have an opinion here. I would like them to stay open, but- bah, it dosen't matter.

King Simba
July 10th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
You're not helping dude...

Yeah, I suggest you come to RP on my forum, I can assure you that the posts won't be deleted anytime soon on my forum =) ...
Are you more active over at that forum? jc :ayecapn:

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 10:00 PM
well we got the support

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Thank you for being so reasonable STL :hugs:

Kovu's Pride RPG has moved to Yahoo! Groups for anyone who was interested.

IchLiebeNALA
July 10th, 2005, 10:01 PM
hehe, well there you go LKS

@KS, it's done. thanks again BTW ;)

IchLiebeNALA
July 10th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Thank you for being so reasonable STL :hugs:

hey, what about me? :(

2 Die FR
July 10th, 2005, 10:04 PM
After reading what people have said about this, I think moving role playing in a place out of the forum is a decision all for the best overall. I never liked the fact that RPing counted for post count, seeing as some members might think that the number of posts determines your rank in society or something:confused:. But much more importantly, it is necessary for the sake of cleaning up the forum by clearing out space. We're doing this for Mufasa here, for the same reason he's clearing out threads more than a month old. He's paying to keep this place open, and he's offering an alternative. The least you can do is take his offer instead of resisting change.

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 10:07 PM
You know what...there are site builders made for rp and rp only...I have made a bunch of rp forums using free forums...I can make one for all the different rps on this site if everyone would like? It'd work better cause it is a forum builder made for rp

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Or I can make another rp group site using invisionfree, like Ulaya and my site Aftermath...you can put whatever on there and also no bandwidth or payments to keep it running

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Mufasa
Hmm, any more that would like to keep this forum open? If enough interest than I would be open to doing something else rather than closing compelety.

well he said if we got support then something would happen and we got the support.

King Simba
July 10th, 2005, 10:12 PM
I'm still up for this forum to stay open. I have joined and posted in both Dan's and STL's forum and I have posted a thread for my RP on STL's forum just in case the RP forum does happen to close down.

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 10:12 PM
You're changing his wording LKS, he said if enough interest was put into it.

You let him decide that? ;)

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 10:15 PM
i didn't change a word Uka at all

Yeah well in the end yeah its down to him....

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Well we should decide soon...and if you all decide to make a new forum/site for the rp you should decide on only one cause too many different sites will confuse and probably annoy the members of the rp..and like I said I can make a site based soully on rping and stuff and I can do it, customize everything and put as many different forums and options and finish it within a day, that is if that's what we decide to do or allow me to do, if so let me know and I'll start immediately and give the link when i'm finished and make the leaders of each indiviadual rp here their own section/forum on the board and make them admins and mods. Just tryin to help out where I can.

IchLiebeNALA
July 10th, 2005, 10:20 PM
i'm not too fussed. by the looks of things, a lot of people are more familiar with StL's forum, so I say stick with that one :D

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Yes you did, you said if it got enough support and you said that you had it. How do you know how much support he was talking about? ;) :p

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Anyways I'm not too worried cause their are plenty of options...everyone just has to take a minute to calm down and breath..if the rp section closes down it won't be the end of the world considering there are many different FREE board/forum/site builders out there and as far as I'm concerned I've made tons of boards and sites and making another one won't be that big a deal for me...It's somewhat fun sometimes..when you have nothing else to do or really want it done so you can start posting and stuffwhatever is decided the world will still be intact it isn't gonna end completely anytime soon...for most of us anyways

Lion King Stu
Well we don't need litterly hundreds Uka for it to be classed as enough.
Even if its a small number like we got; that is considered enough.

Cody_Azrayell
It is a shame that all this had to happen though...

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 10:31 PM
There ar emore people for getting rid of it then there are for it LKS I guarantee it.

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 10:38 PM
well like to see how this place does with just random threds I really do :lol: should be quite fun to watch.

And considering some of these people don't RP and couldn't give 2 ***** about this section.
Aye but its true there is a few but also theres those who don't want to see it go so its sorta 50-50.

Suki
July 10th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I think it should stay.

Although I suck at RPing, I do like to RP other things. I wouldn't want to see my faves closed too. So I'm supporting LKS with this topic. :D

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Anyways I'm still up for me making a board or site for the rp to continue at as well as other things...If it comes down to that then either PM me or e-mail me at xewan_archerx@yahoo.com or my yahoo id is xewan_archerx...my AIM is dSmileEmptySoulb...and my MSN is Cody_Azrayell@hotmail.com...i'm on all 3 right now, i'm invis all the time since i have Trillian so just IM me I'll respond if I'm there

Ngatuny
July 10th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Well after reading this thread and talking with Ravoc on MSN here is another suggestion.

How about if to decrease the database size the posts older than one month be deleted and archived into a file (word, text, whatever works) then the Rp's can stay and Lea would be free of space and it would improve for all of us. besides I don't think that anyone looks at 1000 + posts to join an Rp. either way that is my idea. what do you people think.

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 10:47 PM
I think best that we both leave this thread LKS << As we both stand firmly on opposite sides.

And neither of us is getting anything accomplished with bickering back and forth on what should be done.

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I like that idea too

King Simba
July 10th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Ngatuny
Well after reading this thread and talking with Ravoc on MSN here is another suggestion.

How about if to decrease the database size the posts older than one month be deleted and archived into a file (word, text, whatever works) then the Rp's can stay and Lea would be free of space and it would improve for all of us. besides I don't think that anyone looks at 1000 + posts to join an Rp. either way that is my idea. what do you people think.
Good suggestion although I think it's best we wait and see what Muffy says about all of this. We all have different opinions about the subject which should be brought to attention by Mufasa since he's the admin and since he's the one who will be making the final decision about whether the RP forum should be deleted or not.

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Not about you and LKS Ravoc, the thing Ngatuny was talking about

Shatara
July 10th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Wow, this seems pretty out of the blue o.o

I don't do much RPing around here, but theres a few things I'd like to comment on...

1) Yahoo groups sucks for RP. Everything is backwards and counterintuitive, thread structure is virtually nonexistent, and its just awkward in general.

2) It sucks when a major RP site goes down. Trust me, I've been through it twice. Everyone kinda scatters, going off to all different places and whatnot.

I probably had something else to say, but I don't remember. Enjoy the disjointed thoughts.

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I decided I'll make an rp site myself...no use in waiting for the rp forums to be deleted before taking action I'll post the link when it's finished and if anyone wants to join to rp and chat and stuff, be my guest otherwise the rest of you can stay here and continue arguing and opposing eachother but that isn't helping or doing anything for the rp

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Thnx Suki :hugs: thats another one at least.

Uncle N's idea sounds good I'll give him that...but its gonna be awkward for people who have been away finding those posts and being able to reply back; unlike now where you can hunt them down pretty quickly.

Well gotta see wat the big guy says I guess...

Kago
July 10th, 2005, 11:10 PM
I still think we should have a petition...

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 11:15 PM
The rp board i'm making is currently under developement..should be up and running by tomorrow night or tuesday morning for those of you that want to join and continue rping (just giving everyone the heads up)

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 11:17 PM
look we are getting things sorted out just keep it on hold I suggest I feel like we are actually getting somwhere here.

Cody_Azrayell
July 10th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Sure thing I'll keep it under developement and if it's needed then i'll turn the board on when it's done so that everyone can register and stuff and then get to rping right away...only if we decide to use it that is

Kago
July 10th, 2005, 11:41 PM
*cricket**cricket*

Lion King Stu
July 10th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Kago u got told once...and I will say it again please stop with the spamming it sorta gets old and annoying....

unregistered user
July 10th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Kago, you've made your point alright? We know where you stand on this. I returned to this thread only to give you a warning.

SPAM = BAD

This has been a warning

Suki
July 11th, 2005, 12:09 AM
See this?:

http://www.armstrongfiles.com/neo/archives/spam.JPG

No.

http://www.compukiss.com/ck/assets/spam110.jpg

:p

Ok, I'll shut up now. Really. Truely.

Mizani
July 11th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Some people only go on the RP's anyway.
If you close down the RP threads, then we're gonna loose a lot of nice members.

I think the RP forums should stay open. Ngatuny's idea sounds like the most reasonable to me so far.

Originally posted by 2 Die FR
After reading what people have said about this, I think moving role playing in a place out of the forum is a decision all for the best overall. I never liked the fact that RPing counted for post count, seeing as some members might think that the number of posts determines your rank in society or something:confused:. But much more importantly, it is necessary for the sake of cleaning up the forum by clearing out space. We're doing this for Mufasa here, for the same reason he's clearing out threads more than a month old. He's paying to keep this place open, and he's offering an alternative. The least you can do is take his offer instead of resisting change.
Resisting change?!?!
Most of the people here are suggesting change!!!!!

Mufasa
July 11th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Alright, well I definitely won't close down the RP forums since many members here use them and use them often. They really don't take up much bandwidth at all, so that isn't a problem. If someone does take the initiative to create something offsite and members choose to embrace it, I will still support it of course.

On another note, many have suggested not counting posts made in the RP forums towards overall post counts. People have cited the shear volume of posts some members have as being intimidating to new members. Where does everyone stand on this?

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 04:26 AM
On another note, many have suggested not counting posts made in the RP forums towards overall post counts. People have cited the shear volume of posts some members have as being intimidating to new members. Where does everyone stand on this?

I personaly think that it has a significant effect on the way one might percive a member, but that's just me.

Mizani
July 11th, 2005, 04:37 AM
I really don't care about my post count. Its nice to celebrate and all, but thats because those posts mean you've talked to a lot of people. Not unless your a spammer.

Shatara
July 11th, 2005, 05:04 AM
I think the RP section being a no-postcount zone would be good.

I think Upendi should be the same, but thats just me.

Opera Ghost
July 11th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Shatara
I think the RP section being a no-postcount zone would be good.

I think Upendi should be the same, but thats just me.
I think that's a very good idea

Sharifu
July 11th, 2005, 07:19 AM

No I think it's stupid to care about post counts. (How can that intimidate members? Really, it's just a number) I don't even RP, and don't care if people have a ton of posts because they RP. Why does anyone care? Why bother having Mufasa change the way things are?

Lion King Stu
July 11th, 2005, 07:36 AM
aye I'm not botherd about posts but I'm gonna stick with Fu on this one.
Being intimidate by a post number :lol:.....yeah right ok

King Simba
July 11th, 2005, 07:58 AM
I don't care about my post count really so if this is done, I have no problem. That's great to hear that the RP forums are staying open also.

:cheese:

nathalie
July 11th, 2005, 08:22 AM
I think the other point on post counts is, that I remember a very long time ago, that some members were really upset because their post count changed.

Mufasa even made the post counter invisible back then.

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Well, if it intimidate new members, I cant understand why really since its just a number... just because someone posted more then you doesnt mean your less worth or anything

Lucy Lioness
July 11th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Well people with higher post counts don't intimidate me. And my post count doesn't bother me.

nathalie
July 11th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Isn't it also normal, that when you are a new member, you got (for example) 1 post, and someone who's been here already has got 10.000 or so?

Don't really understand why that we be intimidating.

King Simba
July 11th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Speaking of this...

I did receive a PM from Kago last night saying that the reason he called me "Your majesty" was because he thought I was at an higher rank for some reason (maybe with post count and all). I kept telling him that he never had to call me that and he could just call me 'KS' for short.

:confused:

Mizani
July 11th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Yea, I saw that. I thought he was just saying that cause he was being nice or something:confused:
When I first joined, the only people I saw saw as "higher ranking" was the Mods and Admins.:uhno:

nathalie
July 11th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Or maybe because of your nick "king". :)

King Simba
July 11th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
Or maybe because of your nick "king". :)
Maybe. :ayecapn:

I've had quite a few comments on TLKFAA with something along the lines to "your majesty" included in the comment.

;)

nathalie
July 11th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Some might take it like that.
Others think your male.

*lol*

Nephilim
July 11th, 2005, 09:22 AM
About the post count being intimidating;

A new member'll join, and see people with 5, 000, 10, 000 or however many posts, and high post counts give of the impression of a close society, where people are and have been friends for a long long time. They'd feel that it'll be hard for them to get accepted, and so be shy.

Also, the problem with seeing high post counts is the feeling that your post'll be lost in the sea of posting.

*shrugs*

So that's a "no" to postcounts in RPing.

Lion King Stu
July 11th, 2005, 09:28 AM
ok then i suggest that also Scars Lair, Upendi and the Swamp go the same way if thats going to be the case.

King Simba
July 11th, 2005, 09:29 AM
To be honest, I see no point in stopping post being counted in both Scar's Lair and The Swamp. Upendi, possibly.

Nalinda
July 11th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
About the post count being intimidating;

A new member'll join, and see people with 5, 000, 10, 000 or however many posts, and high post counts give of the impression of a close society, where people are and have been friends for a long long time. They'd feel that it'll be hard for them to get accepted, and so be shy.

Also, the problem with seeing high post counts is the feeling that your post'll be lost in the sea of posting.

*shrugs*

So that's a "no" to postcounts in RPing.

I totally agree with you Neph. That's what I felt when I first joined if I should stick with the truth.

But I don't see the reason why we should stop with the post counting in the Swamp, Upendi and Scar's lair. If that's what's going to do, then we could close all post counting at all!

nathalie
July 11th, 2005, 09:42 AM
That happens on every single forum.

People who are there for a long time, will *logicaly* have more posts then new members.

Nalinda
July 11th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Hmm thats *logicaly* I agree. But post counting have its bad sides like Neph mentioned.

Lion King Stu
July 11th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Personally I don't see the problem what so ever....

Kago
July 11th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Hello? Are we starting the petition or what?

Lucy Lioness
July 11th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Alright, well I definitely won't close down the RP forums since many members here use them and use them often. They really don't take up much bandwidth at all, so that isn't a problem. If someone does take the initiative to create something offsite and members choose to embrace it, I will still support it of course.

The RPs are staying open. You should have read the thread, Hehe. :p

And I'm not being horrible but you were warned to drop it anyway, so you should.

King Simba
July 11th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Kago
Hello? Are we starting the petition or what?
What Lucy said. Also, there's no point in starting any petition. The RP section is staying open. We get it...

:bleen:

Kago
July 11th, 2005, 01:54 PM
*drops picket sticks and cheers* WHOO-HOO (Yes, I know I'm dramatic. I had to think of something to say, I'm also dead tired)

Ngatuny
July 11th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Ok first of all I see no reason why the post count should intimidate anyone, all that means is that yo post a lot, everyone started with "0" there is no rank or privileges given by post count.

King Simba
July 11th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I agree. Some people seem to think that the person/persons with higher post count have higher powers than others, i.e. higher rank etc. There's not really any reason why they should feel intimidated by the number of posts a certain person has.

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 05:51 PM
If we just got rid of the post counts then no one would have to worry about it either way *shrugs and walks off*

nathalie
July 11th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Not pointing my finger at anyone, but we did get some really upset reactions last year when some threads were deleted, and logicaly by that, post counts were less.

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM
We got some not too long ago as well nathalie. It's nice receiving hate IMs/PMs about post counts :diva:

Sharifu
July 11th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Well I don't want to take away the post counts like that happened last time. I am sometimes kind of curious how many posts a member has, but that doesn't make me think they are better or worse then anyone.

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I think we should get rid of them, and I have two reasons why.

Reason numero oneage: Some people want them gone.

Reason # 2ness: As I stated above, if it gets so bad that people start sending hate PMs/IMs over the post counts because a post was deleted, I believe something is wrong and needs corrected.

Lucy Lioness
July 11th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I think we should get rid of them, and I have two reasons why.

Reason numero oneage: Some people want them gone.

Reason # 2ness: As I stated above, if it gets so bad that people start sending hate PMs/IMs over the post counts because a post was deleted, I believe something is wrong and needs corrected.

I don't really mind if the post count goes, it is nice to have though, I suppose, but I could do without it.

I agree with you Ravoc, if people are sending hate PMs to the mods about deleted posts then something needs doing about it - because that is just not on. No one should have to put up with that, especially not the people who do things for the good of the forum IMO.

Cody_Azrayell
July 11th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I'm glad the rps are staying open and as far as post count goes I don't care either way, get rif of 'em keep 'em...either way I'm staying and it doesn't really matter how many posts one makes...it just says they are very conversive and speaks up and stuff...no reason why a number should intimadate some members...I'm a new member so my count is low, big deal I'm here to have fun and make friends that's all

unregistered user
July 11th, 2005, 10:49 PM
I am happy to say Lucy that I haven't received a hate PM or IM in a while. Hopefully that doesn't happen anymore.

Alli
July 11th, 2005, 11:26 PM

I found that a bit true. When i first came here i was a bit nerved by the sheer amount of posts, thinking that i'd never be able to get into the rp. Even though that was true *cough* I think that's a good idea.

ChildOfThePride
July 12th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I think it should stay.

I haven't read all 8 pages of this thread, but I really think the RP section should stay.

Which reminds me, I need ta PM Muffy about the new RP...

Iestyn
July 12th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I am in great favour of not adding to the post count in RP threads. I rarely RP anymore but it's the same on all forums with RP sections though, I was once asked on another board how I had as many posts as I did. He genuinely thought he had to spam and stuff to equal everyone else, and we do NOT want spam on Lea *points at Kago* I'm talking about the majority of your posts sunny jim. But yes, I'm all for the RP threads that don't add to post count x)

nathalie
July 12th, 2005, 04:22 PM
If they get removed, you can still see them in peoples profiles (that's the way it was when Mufasa tried it the first time).

unregistered user
July 14th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Surely some pruning wouldn't hurt. :p

On another note, many have suggested not counting posts made in the RP forums towards overall post counts.

Instead of the that, I'd go with Scar's Lair, because being as it is an "off-topic forum."

; 0 ...

Sombolia
July 18th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Okay um, I have a question.. I sent a PM about the RP I was hoping to create to Muffy before this thread was created, so I'm now thinking.. did the PM get deleted or ignored or something? :confused: I had 10 supporters and everything. =/

unregistered user
July 18th, 2005, 10:04 PM
LEA HALALELA PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST!!!

hopefully i have some of your attention, grrr I was planning on having my account deleted (Simba '04) but after everyone is being sooo incredibly selfish here I had to post this...listen, until you KS, or STL, or anyone else who uses the rps starts to help Mufasa PAY for Lea Halalela then I suggest you SHUT UP AND STOP WHINING!!!

You all are being soooo immature and inconsiderate, it is driving me crazy! >.< If I was Mufasa I would have permantely banned y'all by now for whining!!! Good grief!

The RP section is taking over most of Lea Halalela, and guess what? The larger Lea gets, the more Mufasa is going to have to pay per month to keep this forum running!

Plus everyone says the post counts really don't matter yet we all still get in fights and make posts crying saying "What happened to my post count?!?!?!?!"

Who cares if we can make the RP section to where it doesn't count for posts? It is still going to eat up a large portion of Lea Halalela!, and KS if you are saying you really only come to Lea just for the RPs, then what are you saying about everyone else, you don't come to this forum to meet people that love the Lion King as much as you do?

Sorry for this post, but I'm just really ticked off at how selfish people can be!:grrr:

Mufasa you can delete this account whenever you want to and I will log back in as Simba '04 later on and will continue my moderating duties, sorry for not logging in awhile but I've had some personal problems to take care of.

Simba '04
July 18th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Wonka

hopefully i have some of your attention, grrr I was planning on having my account deleted (Simba '04) but after everyone is being sooo incredibly selfish here I had to post this...listen, until you KS, or STL, or anyone else who uses the rps starts to help Mufasa PAY for Lea Halalela then I suggest you SHUT UP AND STOP WHINING!!!

You all are being soooo immature and inconsiderate, it is driving me crazy! >.< If I was Mufasa I would have permantely banned y'all by now for whining!!! Good grief!

The RP section is taking over most of Lea Halalela, and guess what? The larger Lea gets, the more Mufasa is going to have to pay per month to keep this forum running!

Plus everyone says the post counts really don't matter yet we all still get in fights and make posts crying saying "What happened to my post count?!?!?!?!"

Who cares if we can make the RP section to where it doesn't count for posts? It is still going to eat up a large portion of Lea Halalela!, and KS if you are saying you really only come to Lea just for the RPs, then what are you saying about everyone else, you don't come to this forum to meet people that love the Lion King as much as you do?

Sorry for this post, but I'm just really ticked off at how selfish people can be!:grrr:

Mufasa you can delete this account whenever you want to and I will log back in as Simba '04 later on and will continue my moderating duties, sorry for not logging in awhile but I've had some personal problems to take care of.

I just believe it will be easier on the Mods, Mufasa, and everyone else if the RP threads are removed, KS and STL, you two should make your own forum for RPing if you want to RP so bad, or get on MSN because then you can RP in live action so you get a quick response instead of making Lea pile up with one line replies in which are breaking Lea's rules.

That is really all I have to say right now,

'04 out.

Kago
July 19th, 2005, 06:41 PM
*is amazed at the yelling* ...... *cricket cricket* maybe you should think about pitching in money with us then...or that complaint might be worth nothing. o_O *pulls out wallet*

Lion King Stu
July 19th, 2005, 07:12 PM
'Well '04 if you haven't taken any notice me and KS are trying to sort out the one line problems.
We have posted mulitpal times in the threds asking people to do longer posts because people like you are getting pissed off at it.
So we are trying to sort out the problem now that the RP section is staying.

So we really don't need you complaining and *****ing to us considering we already know and trying to sort it out.
As for the space thing...Mufasa said it really didn't take up that much space and we had ideas from Ngatuny what could be done with the monthly clean up and saving it into some sort of file for each section.

And right you would ban the RP'ers if you had the chance...and what about the spammers etc would you ban them to....cause I feel like the RP'ers are being made to much of a target here considering we aren't really the whole problem.

And last note I am getting fed up how all the time we ever have problems you are always targeting KS and STL.
Ok first off STL hardly rps that much anymore because of people like you who constantly ***** and complain to him about it.
And KS is trying to change and she doesn't mean she only comes to RP of course shes here to make friends as well.
How about you show them both some respect for once dude.

Got nothing against ya '04 I think ya a kool person and all....but I can also get pissed off at those people.
So anyway :hugs: sorry '04 I still think your a cool person ok...don't think I don't like you.

King Simba
July 19th, 2005, 07:19 PM
'04, no I don't just come here for the RPs. I come to speak to people who have the same interests in TLK as me. I don't know where you got that from but I can assure you that I don't come here just for the RPs.

Also, I wasn't being selfish... I was just expressing and posting my views about it. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting that LKS. Glad someone understands. :hugs:

Simba '04
July 19th, 2005, 10:11 PM
And last note I am getting fed up how all the time we ever have problems you are always targeting KS and STL.
Ok first off STL hardly rps that much anymore because of people like you who constantly ***** and complain to him about it.

:confused: when am I always targeting KS? and for STL I haven't said anything about him in awhile and the only reason why I mentioned him is becuase I know he is a big rper on Lea.

Lion King Stu
July 19th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I have seen a few examples of you targeting both STL and KS just I don't want to shift through aload of posts to find them.
And correction was a big rper.

Mizani
July 20th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Um, when people ask why their posts counts go down, its just out of curiosity of what happened.

unregistered user
July 20th, 2005, 05:30 AM
No, they ask tbecause they worship their post counts <<

Anyway, LKS, KS, and '04.. let us just wait till Muffy makes a choice on the post counts.

Much to my displeasure the RP threads are indeed staying, despite many that were willing to move other places. Oh well, that is in the past now unless Muffy says otherwise some other time in the future. (Hmm.. maybe it's in the future then instead of in the past? lol... eh.. )

Anyway.. yeah.. post counts suck and that's basically that x)

Mizani
July 20th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Yea, I think its justs nice to celebrate them, thats all:D
I don't care if they go, but thats Muffys choice.:cheese:

And I signed up as a Yahoo member for nothing:vitgrr:

unregistered user
July 20th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Yes well, thank you for signing up for that anyway Mizani *pats you on the head* That was very considerate of you to at least try them out before you instantly rejected the idea.

I think congrats on post counts used to be somewhat nice when they didn't happen so often. When they actually were something instead of an everyday average thing.

Mizani
July 20th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Doesn't it go something like 100- 1000- 2000 etc for congrats threads?:confused:

unregistered user
July 20th, 2005, 05:38 AM
It should I guess *shrugs* I see all kinds of numbers. 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, etc.......

It just gets silly and redundant.

nathalie
July 20th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Well, Upendi is also waiting for a major clean up.

unregistered user
July 20th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah, when is that happening anyway? :confused:

EDIT: Question, for those of you out there so opposed to the idea of RP threads getting closed. Would it be so bad to close the other threads in the Oasis section, ya know, the ones in the main Oasis area, not the specific RP threads, I'm talking about all these seperate thread topics listed below or above this current thread.

Nela
July 20th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Hm... I understand both sides of the problem, and I think the easiest solution would be to get one of those free EZboards ar Proboards. It could be private, and there could be a link on the main page to the new RP site. Just a suggestion.

Lion King Stu
July 20th, 2005, 09:00 PM
you mean the six threds including this one? :confused:
I think I'm right there....yeah i'm ok for those to go

unregistered user
July 20th, 2005, 11:59 PM
There are more than six when you look at all the threads, but yes, that is what I mean ;)

Sombolia
July 21st, 2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Wonka

..what?

Mufasa said himself that the RP section wasn't taking up too much bandwith... and actually, the RPs are tons more meaningful then some of the crap that goes on in Scar's Lair, so if we're going to have to pay for RPing, why don't we just make a fee for posting in general?

I read through the whole thread, and I didn't see one post that counted as "incredibly selfish", especcially from KS and STL. Incase you didn't notice, STL set up a forum for RPing, and KS posted there sooo..

Whining? I didn't see anyone whining, except maybe Kago.. *cough* Actually I thought in general everyone handled it quite maturally. They didn't want the Oasis to go, so they said so. I don't see how that merits a banning, exactly.

Simba '04
July 21st, 2005, 05:30 PM
when you are angry you say stupid things :idiot:

unregistered user
July 21st, 2005, 05:31 PM
STL and Simba '04, seriously do the world a favor and take it to PM/IM/Chat/something, just don't broadcast your personal issues with one another on this forum or I will report both of you to Mufasa and have you temp banned. That's the only warning I'm giving on that :bleen:

<sarcasm>Also, for both of you, telling members to shut up is not right, as the rest of the forum will hate you if you do :idiot: Now if you added in some swear words, that's different, those seem to be accepted around here </sarcasm>

*clears throat* Now then.. about those post counts?

Simba '04
July 21st, 2005, 05:38 PM
umm...well STL and me made up and idk why he is mad at me now :confused: The only reason why I said anything about him was becuase I've heard that KS and him are the big rpers ( or use to be as LKS said ), sorry for doing that, didn't expect peeps to get upset about something soo simple. I'm not mad at you STL or KS, I was just stating something and wasn't trieing to offend.

The reason as to why I am happy for the RP thread closing is because it will help stop some more arguments about the posts. Like I said, people are putting on masks when they say they don't care about the post count but in fact many do. I know I use to but as of right now I could care less, in fact I don't even know how many posts I have :idiot:. I'm just trieing to prevent another fight from breaking out but in which it seems I have started another one, so I'm sorry for what I said, wasn't trieing to start any fights or make people sad or anything.

My sincere apologies :hugs:

Hakuna Matata ;)

unregistered user
July 21st, 2005, 05:41 PM
Yes, well, that's good. Now kiss and make up x) Or, just make up :idiot:

Anyway.. once again.. back to the post counts shall we?

Simba '04
July 22nd, 2005, 02:19 AM
*hugs*

no one has really seen me on MSN in 7 months :idiot:, actually it is like 6 months becuase I started working full time that long ago ;) So I really don't get online that much anymore :(, o well, just a part of growing up :)

Xinithian
July 22nd, 2005, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by PhantomBPR
Does that include the Star Wars RPG that we were doing in Scar's Lair? I know nobody has posted in awhile but I was thinking starting it up again.

http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4709 NOOOOO!!! I hated that, there were only 2 people participating in it.

Mizani
July 22nd, 2005, 08:27 AM
The Star Wars RP sorta failed cause Utora was playing Anakin and she never posted again.

Sombolia
July 22nd, 2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
NOOOOO!!! I hated that, there were only 2 people participating in it.

-_-; There were more, but it fell apart after Utora left. So me and Alli just decided to take it to PM.

Besides, I don't think it's up to you if we decide to bring it back or not..

unregistered user
July 22nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
That's right, it's up to Mufasa. Frankly though I don't believe that Scar's Lair is the appropriate place for an RP. It's for discussion. I don't know, ask Muffy about that one :idiot:

A-non-a-mus
July 23rd, 2005, 04:50 PM
woah... I was just thinking about trying to RP here once again... (last time though, it moved too fast ad I fell out to easily...)

Yahoo groups?... hmmm... That sounds a good idea... never tried one of those...

I'm personally at odds where it wouldn't matter weither it goes or stays, but then again, I'm not an active RPer here... ....

In some ways it'd be good and others bad...

though I'll stick with whatever mufasa decides on

accually, just while typing this out, a thought struck me, what if you deleted the older posts after a crtain amount piled up?... as in when a page reaches so many posts delete the old ones to make way for the new...... or not...

unregistered user
July 23rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Pruning you mean Anon? That could work I suppose. But will people do it? :p

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 02:44 AM
I'll go ahead and add my two-cents worth since I have a forum here in the RP section. First, I'm glad that the RP section has, for the moment, been spared. I will say that I am slightly upset even still and disturbed as to why the thought of closing it down would have been considered in the first place. Unless Mufasa or other admins have been getting pm's or emails from ppl in the rp forums about problems that need to be solved, where does the stress come in that would bring about such consideration? The mods for the rp's are in position to handle their rp forums - hence why they were given certain privilages to help them do such. As it stands I'm considering moving from here anyway. I haven't had any complaints until I happened to stray upon this topic. As I only have my individual section bookmarked I don't usually get out and around the other places that often and would have found myself with everything deleted a month from now (had the deletion decision gone through) and had no warning (again this is relative as, again, I usually only frequent my own forum area).

That having been said, many ppl are right, there are other places that we could start all over again and drag everyone around. Having been in tlk rp communities for many years now I can assure you that it is always noticable when forums or chatrooms are moved - without fail the numbers drop.

Expenses are out there, yes, I know. For years I have been paying out of my pocket for places for ppl to rp. I never expected anything in return, other than being hopeful ppl would come and find a place to rp and enjoy it. So Mufasa, if you are paying for this, I sincerely appreciate it. And I hope that if you've been willing to do so for this long that you've had some satisfaction in knowing others are actually making use of your sacrifice.

If ppl want to up and leave for their own reasons and be admins and mods in their own right that's up to them. Personally, unless your being adversely affected by certain forums I have no idea what difference their existance (i.e. the forums) makes anyways.

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 10:49 PM
There simbaji again :D always with the Long posts dude ;) Keep it up :P the more detail, the better like i always say. : )

Princess Nala
July 25th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I don't want the rp section to go, simply because I love rping and I know lots of people do too.

But if people need a rp site to fall back on, there's always Ulaya. Several people from here already go there.

Lion King Stu
July 25th, 2005, 10:56 PM
like I've said 4 times before....the RP section is staying ;)

unregistered user
July 26th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
There simbaji again :D always with the Long posts dude ;) Keep it up :P the more detail, the better like i always say. : )

:lol:

Yes, he goes beyond the Northwind Trails. :idiot: :cheese:

Details can be very important, especially when it counts....

;)