PDA

View Full Version : My personal flood

csyria
July 10th, 2005, 01:42 AM
I'm not going to post a whole lot of details on this right now, but I will say this: Through a freak accident, I managed to drop about 5 gallons of water onto my floor. And when the tank broke, a bunch of stuff fell on the floor, including my favorite plushie. :gasp: :gasp: :grrr: :gasp:

It is the same one I posted a pic of in this thread: http://leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5247

Anyway, what I have done so far is shake a lot of the water out of the toy and blow dry it with a drier that has a cool setting so that it feels mostly dry or damp.

I plan to surface clean it and make sure its dry again, plus do some brushing. Am I going down the right path? Should I pop it in the big dryer inside a pillow case on low heat?

So far it seems to be OK, and it doesn't smell bad (about the same as before, actually) but I don't want to find out first-hand the effects of fishtank water on a plush. :eww:

Thanks for any advice. :)

EDIT: This post is kinda sparse, I know. More details will be coming.

And I think its starting to get kind of a musty smell. Not good. :(

Mizani
July 10th, 2005, 02:16 AM
You should get some air freshsner;)

lion_roog
July 10th, 2005, 04:43 AM
I remember when I used to work as a night stocker, this one dude dropped a pallet of drinking water from the steel high rise. I'd say about 30 gallons of water busted open out of the 100 + on the pallet...:D

csyria
July 10th, 2005, 06:53 AM
At least the warehouse wasn't carpeted. ;)

I'm still kinda upset, but I can actually post now since I have pretty much everything cleaned up.

First: I saved the fish!
Second: Sorry if it sounds like I have a one-track mind, but I really like that plush. There were a few other questions I had, but they went on another forum. :)
Third: I think I got it cleaned, but I think I'm still smelling some bad smells from it. (Crap!) Its mostly the paws that are affected, but I am noticing it some other places. Either I'll clean it some more (Anyone have any experience with doing this?) or I'll get a bottle of Febreeze and live with it.
Fourth: Sorry for my mindless rambling. That's what comes from a combination of stress and insanity. :D (j/k)

Mizani
July 10th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Sure, thats what all insane people say;) jk:lol:

Anyway, good to know you saved the fishies!:D

I think you should wash your Simba plush with soap and dry it throughly with a towel so it doesn't smell:thinks:

csyria
July 10th, 2005, 07:02 AM
I did do some surface cleaning today and I think I got it pretty dry through a combination of a pillowcase and a cool dryer, and also a cool hair dryer.

I am a little upset because it feels a bit less soft than before. :( (Of course, I still need to brish it, and that could be the OCD in me...)

I also learned today that you should shake them to dry them, just like a real animal would do to dry itself :lol:

Nephilim
July 10th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Just chuck it in the washing machine. :jejeje:

csyria
July 10th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I'm considering doing that, but I'm not sure I want to get it any more wet...

It's smelling pretty good (yay, no mold hopefully) and I think it will take some more surface cleaning and brushing to get it back to its original state (nice and soft)

Anyway, like I said it may sound like I'm obsessing about this item, but its only on this site. I've got more stuff I'm obsessing about on other, more directed sites, such as my laptop. ;)

I'm just posting about this item here because it seems like the audience here would understand...