PDA

View Full Version : Feral Heart

Nuduli
May 12th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Anyone on here play it? :curious:

I just got into it and while it's really great... I got no one familiar to rp with! xD That and avoiding random strangers looking to hook up. :woe:

Otherwise, I really really love it! :D

Leorgathar
May 12th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Oh? so it's working now? the server isn't down anymore? :curious:

King Simba
May 12th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I would like to play it, but considering the speed of my desktop, I don't think it's such a good idea to install it on there. Plus the fact that when I did install it, I kept getting an error. :woe:

But maybe I'll install it on my netbook. I've been quite curious of this game for a long time, and I loved Impressive Title, hehe.

The server was down for quite a long time too, so I'm asking the same question as Leor... is the server back up? :curious:

Nuduli
May 12th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Well I suppose it is, seeing as I can login and stuff with no problem. >.>

Sombolia
May 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I have an account but I stopped playing when the server went down... that and I don't know anybody... :lol:

It could be cool to have an in-game Lea meet ;)

Nuduli
May 13th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Actually, that's why I joined it. I was hoping to find Leans there. xD

KanuTGL
May 13th, 2011, 10:19 AM
What, the FH servers have been up and running for months, haven't they? :p

I like to play FeralHeart when people I know are online, but that very rarely happens now. Thus I hardly play it any more, except to play around with the character creator xP I'd totally be up for a Lea meet in-game though :D

KovuLKD
May 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Yes the servers are up. :p
Though I'd recommend waiting for the current update to go up, it fixes a few bugs.
The update is done but Razmirz is taking awhile to put it on the site.
I'll let everyone know here when it's ready. :D
I've been thinking of doing a Lea map, it'll be a convenient meetup place then. :)

Nuduli
May 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Lea map would be nice! I'm still getting the hang of it but it's so easy to get lost. Especially on the plains.

Aurelian
May 13th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Unfortunatly, I am not allowed to download things onto these library computers, or I would be there in a second. Hey, it's my namesake! :lol:

Weylin
May 13th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I get on there from time to time (Hi Kovu!)

If you guys can come up with a time and place I'll try to make it, but i may be doing some traveling soon, dunno.

Levin
May 14th, 2011, 01:47 AM
I've tried Feral Heart but haven't really played it as much as Impressive Title. I downloaded IT when it very first came out and really enjoyed it..once the servers went down however, I pretty muched lost my hype for Feral Heart ^^; maybe I'll play it again if there's a lea map.

Leorgathar
May 14th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Hmm I'm wondering... is it possible to put maps created previously on the Impressive Title games? :thinks:
I made a map once in IT, and I still have the files

KovuLKD
May 14th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hmm I'm wondering... is it possible to put maps created previously on the Impressive Title games? :thinks:
I made a map once in IT, and I still have the files

Yes, but not directly.
In IT it was all just scripting them externally.
FH features a map maker, which you get to place objects on your map visually.
So you can use the heightmap image of your map to create a new map in FH's mapmaker, then populate it with objects in there. :)

Utora
May 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I just joined...I must have been living under a rock....

Nuduli
May 14th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Well I have no idea what the IT generation was like, so this is all new to me lol. Though I did download a patch that was listed under the game itself, is that the update you mentioned?

Leorgathar
May 14th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Yes, but not directly.
In IT it was all just scripting them externally.
FH features a map maker, which you get to place objects on your map visually.
So you can use the heightmap image of your map to create a new map in FH's mapmaker, then populate it with objects in there. :)
Oh awesome, thanks a lot, I'll try rebuilding my map from there :)

Utora
May 15th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Well I played it, looked around, found Leor there! :lol: and tested out some controls ....it's amazing, but watching the chat is a real good comedy.

Nuduli
May 15th, 2011, 02:45 AM
I'm probably gonna get on it some time tomorrow or whatnot, see what comes up lol.

King Simba
May 15th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I have a bit of a problem, which is actually the same problem I had last time before I upgraded to Windows 7.

I had no problems installing the game, but when I try to open it, I keep getting an error and it needs to close. :\

Argh. :headache: Anyone know how to resolve this?

KovuLKD
May 15th, 2011, 02:39 PM
FeralHeart Version 1.05 is out! :D
Download Page (http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&Itemid=40)

@KS: if anyone can resolve FH problems, it'll have to be me :p
What's the error that you see?

King Simba
May 15th, 2011, 04:37 PM
This is the latest error I keep getting:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/simbaspride/darnogreerror.jpg

The dreaded ogre error... :woe:

I've tried a few things out that was mentioned on the FH forums when I got the first error, and I've had a series of errors since I installed it this morning. I've just installed the latest version of DirectX, or what I assume to be the latest version anyway.

Any ideas of what I can do to resolve it?

Utora
May 15th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I use to have an error similar to this with IT and that's why I could never get into IT, I had XP back then too. I wish I knew computer stuff more KS, I'd love to help.

King Simba
May 15th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Well, I used to be able to use IT on XP, but I've never been able to use FH on either XP or Windows 7. :\ I've tried a few things to resolve it but I don't seem to be getting any joy.

It's frustrating because I've heard so many good things about this game and I can't play because of this error. -_-

But it's alright, thanks for the concern anyway. :) Hopefully I'll find a solution to this. I know a few people have had similar problems.

KovuLKD
May 16th, 2011, 03:30 PM
This is the latest error I keep getting:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/simbaspride/darnogreerror.jpg

May I know what's your desktop resolution and colour mode? You can find out by right clicking on your desktop and click Properties, then the Settings tab, assuming it looks the same on windows 7.
Don't worry, I won't stop trying until it works for you. :p

King Simba
May 16th, 2011, 05:15 PM
My desktop resolution is 1024 x 768.

As for colour mode, do you mean the colour management settings? It's quite different to XP. :hmm:

My device profile for the colour system defaults is "System default (sRGB IEC61966-2.1)" if that makes any sense.

I've sent you a screen cap of the Colour Management Settings over PM, just so I don't flood this thread with unecessary screen captures. :p

Nuduli
May 16th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, how come the fluffy mane color won't change from the red default?

KovuLKD
May 16th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, how come the fluffy mane color won't change from the red default?

It doesn't? I've never heard of that problem, but my guess would be that your graphics card doesn't support the material, hence it's running on a fallback material, which might be bugged 'cause i didn't get to test it much. :noogies:

Guntur
May 16th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Maybe it's a directX problem, You should re-install your Direct X though. I always had that problem on Dolphin until someone mention that I didn't install any Direct X on my desktop!

Nuduli
May 16th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Maybe if I just reinstall the whole game.... no idea. Everything else works fine except for that. :lol: However, I am also stuck with playing the game on my ancient Windows 2000.

KovuLKD
May 17th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Maybe if I just reinstall the whole game.... no idea. Everything else works fine except for that. :lol: However, I am also stuck with playing the game on my ancient Windows 2000.

Oh no no no, i didn't mean you had to reinstall it. XD
I'm more of thinking it's a bug that I have to fix, but I'll prolly need your help with it. :)

Nuduli
May 17th, 2011, 05:35 AM
No worries, I didn't haha. But sure I can do my best to help.

Azerane
May 17th, 2011, 06:48 AM
So I think it must just be me that never got the concept of games like these. Maybe because I've only played it once way back in the day and it wasn't really running right on the comp we had then.. So you just walk around as your cat dude and just walk up to other cat people and talk to them and run around all over the map? :lol: Forgive the ignorance.

I would try it again, but until I get my external harddrive I don't have much space left on my lappy. =/

Leorgathar
May 17th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Haha well, I think the concept has always been about an interactive chat with friends more than a game, at least that's the way I've seen it :lol:
It's a different way of interacting with people, and it can result quite useful too, like back in the Impressive Title days, it helped KS and me to feel closer than we actually are :love:

Impressive Title also got to the point where there were different NPC animals to hunt, or to take as pets... you could also exchange items with friends. Not sure what Kovu's plans are for Feral Heart, though, but possibilities are wide and open, hehe

Azerane
May 17th, 2011, 07:53 AM
That's what I figured :p I guess I just never got into that in terms of gaming when I can just chat to people on msn or whatever, haha. I know, I'm weird like that. Still, when I get to the U.S and get some of my photos dumped off my laptop onto my external I'll give it another go.

Leorgathar
May 17th, 2011, 08:00 AM
And worth mentioning too that it also stimulates creativity, the map making options and character customization is really impressive (yeah, had to use that pun at some point :p)

King Simba
May 17th, 2011, 08:12 AM
That's right. I can't wait to recreate Katai in there. ;)

It's also worth mentioning here that FH works fine on my netbook, but still not on my desktop. :confused: I'd rather not use my netbook for that type of thing though as I have it mainly just for browsing the internet, and for when I go abroad. So ideally, I'd like to get FH to work on my desktop computer, as this is the one with the most space.

Hopefully Kovu will be able to help me find some sort of solution for that. If not, well, at least I have a back-up option. :)

KovuLKD
May 17th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Not sure what Kovu's plans are for Feral Heart, though

WORLD DOMINATION :jejeje:
Well I dunno really, I've been wanting to add proper gaming features like fighting and quests and stuff, but I haven't got much time lately.
For now it's just trying to get it working for most people and adding moviemaking tools and such.

Leorgathar
May 18th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Haha I'd so be part of that :lol:
Yeah, take your time for adding features and such to the game, outside life comes first after all, hehe. I still like it as a social game, and the map and preset makers are still great tools to play with :p

Btw Kovu, my map is going quite well, but I'm having problems figuring out how to put waterfalls and steam clouds there. Is it possible to do that in the map maker?

KovuLKD
May 18th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Adding waterfalls and smoke to your map is the least you can do with it. :p
Simply open up the Object Maker, also one of the Tools.
Object Maker allows you to create virtually anything, which then you can save and place in your favorite map.

To create a waterfall in Object Maker:
- click the Mesh tab
- under Mesh:, type waterfall1.mesh and hit enter (waterfall1.mesh is located inside objects/misc folder)
- click Add New, a waterfall should appear
- move your waterfall up with the Position arrow buttons for Y:
- click the Object tab, then Save under an appropriate name and group, if you like

To add smoke to your waterfall:
- continuing from above, with your waterfall still open, click EffectMaker button below
- click the Particle tab
- under Particle Template:, type WaterfallSmoke (WaterfallSmoke is a particle effect inside water.particle, located in particles folder)
- click Add New, smoke should now appear
- move your smoke if you like or scale it with the Scale arrow buttons, note that scale only reduces the area the smoke appears in, not the size of the smoke itself, and 0 0 0 is the smallest possible scale
- click the Billboard tab and ObjectMaker button to go back
- Save your changes

Now you can go back to Map Maker and place your waterfall :D
Yeah the interface isn't most intuitive, but it's pretty dynamic, i hope. You can assign the waterfall's moving material to a rock if you so wish. :p

Shatara
May 18th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Any chance this would run on my GPU-fried laptop? xD

King Simba
May 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Just thought I'd shout this out here...

I've got FH working! :wow: Yay, now I can play the game on my desktop too. ^^ Thanks for all the help, Kovu. :)

shadowland
May 19th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Guys, c'mon. The only way to get it to run is to delete system32.

Weylin
May 19th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I find that just deleting the explorer.exe fixes most of my problems.

Utora
May 19th, 2011, 07:30 PM

Alright, that, plus a flash of the troll face is epic.

:lol:

KovuLKD
May 20th, 2011, 01:21 AM
I find that just deleting the explorer.exe fixes most of my problems.

@KS: Glad it finally worked! I got worried 'cause your case was growing difficult. :p
I hope FH doesn't fry your card though, it sounds rather primitive. XD

@Shatara: Well if it does work you'll probably get weird colours and such, or it'll incinerate your GPU :p

Nuduli
May 20th, 2011, 01:27 AM
So is there anything I can do to help you out in figuring the fluffy mane color problem? O.o

King Simba
May 20th, 2011, 08:22 AM
@KS: Glad it finally worked! I got worried 'cause your case was growing difficult. :p
I hope FH doesn't fry your card though, it sounds rather primitive. XD
I certainly hope that doesn't happen! :ohno: Believe me, I got worried too. I had a feeling that it was the worst case scenario and that it would never work. :woe:

And so, another problem was born. Not with the game, it runs fine (even if it lags a little, I have a feeling that's a problem with the memory on my computer) but with my account. I've forgotten my password and have seemed to misplace the original e-mail I received when I first registered (how convenient :p) and when I receive a token to varify that it's my account, it keeps saying it's invalid. :\ And I tried to create a new account using my Yahoo e-mail address, but I haven't received the activation e-mail.

I've been playing around with the presets and last night I was happy with one that I made, but to save it I needed to login, and obviously I can't do that without a username and password.

I know you've been helping me enough already and you're probably getting fed up of me now :lol: but any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

KovuLKD
May 20th, 2011, 01:36 PM
So is there anything I can do to help you out in figuring the fluffy mane color problem? O.o

Right, the fluffy mane problem XD
So just to be sure, the only thing you can't change colours in the character screen is the fluffy mane, the one that has no textures, and its always red no matter how you slide the colour bars, while the others are fine?
Also, may I know what's your graphics card and what version of windows you're running on?
Lastly, are you running FH on OpenGL or Direct3D?

@KS: the activation email usually takes awhile to arrive, the account server system could certainly use some improvement. Just to check, did you create an account for FH before? Just in case you might think IT's account would work here, it's a common misconception :p

King Simba
May 20th, 2011, 01:49 PM
EDIT: It doesn't matter. I've received the activation e-mail, but it was in my Spam folder. :wtf:

KanuTGL
May 20th, 2011, 04:29 PM
So, what are people's FH usernames so we can add each other to our Friend lists? :p

Mine is KanuTGL (now you didn't see that coming at all xD).

King Simba
May 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Mine is tarar1990. ;) I was going to have TaraLioness but there was a bit of an error with my account as mentioned here before.

But yeah, it's not King Simba, so it's not so obvious. :lol:

Nuduli
May 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Mine's Nuduli, but no one will find me because my internet got cut off yesterday. X.x I'm using my phone to be online now.

Kovu, all that is correct. I have Windows 2000 but I'm not sure how to look for my graphics card or even know if I'm using Direct 3D or OpenGL.

Weylin
May 20th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Hey Kovu, what do you think of making things like actual gameplay part of customizing a map?

The default maps would have the generic behavior that you code, but perhaps other maps could use some sort of markup language to give it different gameplay.
Stat tracking and stuff could be encrypted on the client computers for player made maps, while the main uses a secure server database instead.
This would allow many different worlds with different game play and their own stats without placing a burden on the main server.

Obviously the markup language should have limited capability to prevent it from being a security risk to the clients or servers, but shouldn't be too limited.

Utora
May 20th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Utora is my username..surprise surprise.

Leorgathar
May 20th, 2011, 11:36 PM
@Kovu: Hey, thanks for the waterfall tip, things are a lot easier now to get :D

I've got FH working! :wow: Yay, now I can play the game on my desktop too. ^^
Oh that's awesome, KS! :wow: finally we'll be able to see each other there :love:

Anyway, for everyone else, my username is Leorgathar, as usual ;)

Sombolia
May 21st, 2011, 08:06 AM
And my username is sombolia, to everyone's shock. ;)

KovuLKD
May 21st, 2011, 08:21 AM
Kovu, all that is correct. I have Windows 2000 but I'm not sure how to look for my graphics card or even know if I'm using Direct 3D or OpenGL.
For graphics card, try Start -> Run (or windows key + R on the keyboard), and type msinfo32
A window called "System Information" shoul pop up.
Then click Components, then Display.
The name of your graphics card should appear under "Name".

For OpenGL/Direct3D, inside FH, click Options, then the Video tab.
What you're running on should be highlighted under "Rendering System".
Much thanks for the help Nuduli :)

@Weylin: that sounds a great idea but you went too much into technical detail XD I'd be interested to know what kind of gameplay customizations you'd like to see. :D

@Leorgathar: Glad to be of help ;) So if you need some peace, quiet and privacy from the crowd, just export a map you made, make sure you have "Has Portal" checked, then give KS the exported files to put in her "exports" folder, then find the portal to your map in the Cape of Distant Worlds. You'll have the entire map to yourselves, no one can come in unless they have your exported files. :p

Weylin
May 21st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Oh sorry, I thought I was talking your language there :lol:

Well, for customizations, some way for creating and modifying variables for things.
If somebody wanted it to be realistic, they could declare variables for Thirst, Hunger, Health, Fat, etc.
Actions, stances, mouse or keyboard input, location, or the passage of time could change variables. ie. Running would make Thirst raise faster. Sitting or laying would make it easier to conserve energy.

Also, someone might want to have a way to gain stats like Strength, Agility, etc.

KovuLKD
May 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM
I could've sworn I saw KS with a post saying that she got an Ogre Exception: can't create settings file, but now I can't find it anywhere :confused:
But anyway that error means windows 7 isn't letting FH create files in the directory you've installed it, you've to either run the game as administrator or give the game access rights to write files.

@Weylin: that sounds a tad too dynamic for a game XD it can be done, but I'll come to wonder how many players can actually use scripting to write decent gameplay. As of now the tools provided in FH have already confused enough players :p a dynamic user created gameplay system in a large virtual world certainly sounds a good idea though, but maybe not on FH. Still thanks for the input :)

King Simba
May 21st, 2011, 01:53 PM
I re-installed the previous version of FH, and that resolved the error, so I didn't feel the need for my post to be there anymore. ;) But I'll need to install the update at some point, right? If so, I'm a little lost on what you just said.

Thanks a lot for the info anyway. :)

As for now, I have a little bit of a problem involving the character creator. All the colours and graphics show up fine on my netbook, but on my desktop it looks like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/simbaspride/katai.jpg

I can't seem to change the pelt colour or the tail colour, and so Katai looks badly sunburnt. :p Are there any files missing that I need?

Sombolia
May 21st, 2011, 02:14 PM
Oi, Katai does seem to have a bit of a burn there. :p Hopefully you can get the problem resolved.

Here's what I came up with for my fursona:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7564/tanzer.png

Not bad ;)

Weylin
May 21st, 2011, 06:30 PM
@Weylin: that sounds a tad too dynamic for a game XD it can be done, but I'll come to wonder how many players can actually use scripting to write decent gameplay. As of now the tools provided in FH have already confused enough players :p a dynamic user created gameplay system in a large virtual world certainly sounds a good idea though, but maybe not on FH. Still thanks for the input :)

Well, configuring your own game mechanics certainly wont be for everyone. But as I've seen some awesome modelers and map makers, I figure there's a few people in the community who could come up with some pretty radical game systems.
:D
It mostly be a matter of learning all the variables for actions, as well as learning and understanding the concept of a variable.
Care would be necessary with anything doing loops or slow calculations.

Either way, most players wouldn't need to even worry about it, if they didn't make their own settings, it would just use the default settings.

KovuLKD
May 21st, 2011, 06:51 PM
But I'll need to install the update at some point, right?

Yes, you do. :p
What i meant was, Windows 7 isn't allowing FH to create files into the folder you've installed it into (probably Program Files).
So to get around that you'll have to run the program as Administrator, by:
-inside your FeralHeart folder, right click FeralHeart.exe
-click "Run as Administrator"

I got this off some help website so i'm not sure if it works, but basically you've to give the program Administrator rights, which i don't know how it's done on anything more than Windows XP.
Apparently i'm reading that Windows Vista and 7 are encouraging programs to write files into the local "Temp" folder or "Application Data" folder, which are pretty hidden deep in the system. That didn't sound like a good idea to me 'cause FH is gonna output files when you export maps and such, and users are gonna need to be able to find them. I might have to think about this.

As for the graphics problem, i see more issues in the picture than just Katai being sunburnt XD
The sky is missing, and the water is white. Both are not supposed to happen.
My guess would be that your desktop's graphics card doesn't support shaders, so FH is running on backup methods which somehow aren't working for you either.
You might be encountering a similar problem as Nuduli.
To find out what's wrong with that i'll need your help, and plenty of time, so this process might take awhile. :zzz:
Meanwhile you might want to consider using Presets for Katai, and export your preset to send to Leor so that he can see it too.

Nuduli
May 22nd, 2011, 06:38 AM
For graphics card, try Start -> Run (or windows key + R on the keyboard), and type msinfo32
A window called "System Information" shoul pop up.
Then click Components, then Display.
The name of your graphics card should appear under "Name".

For OpenGL/Direct3D, inside FH, click Options, then the Video tab.
What you're running on should be highlighted under "Rendering System".
Much thanks for the help Nuduli :)

*hopes I did this right*

My graphics card, I believe, is NVIDIA GeForce2 MX and OpenGL was highlighted.

KovuLKD
May 23rd, 2011, 01:07 AM
I think I've got the red fluffy mane problem fixed, it'll go up in the next patch. :D
Thanks for the help Nuduli! :)

@KS: I'm not sure if I got your graphics problems fixed, you could give the next patch a try, but that'll mean you've to try to run the game as administrator for it to work. If that can't be done then I might have to start saving files in the proper Windows directories.

You'll know when the next patch is up 'cause the game will give you a notice. :p

Utora
May 26th, 2011, 11:02 PM
http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=86&d=1306449986

me and Leor a few weeks ago.

http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=114&d=1306450648 http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=113&d=1306450646http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=112&d=1306450643http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=111&d=1306450642

I like the features of the game thus far and am not having any issues with it, I think this may be because I have an i7 quad core with some ati mobility radeon hd graphics card...but my laptop still gets rather toasty with your game Kovu.

KovuLKD
May 27th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Looking good Utora :D
Yeah my game toasts my own laptop too XD
I'm hoping it's not something I've done wrong.
Have you guys tried making a map yet? I can't tell if the one in the first pic is Ficho Tunnel or is one done by Leor. :p
Im gonna try making a Lea map now but I dunno what theme it should have... campfire by the beach? :relax:

Utora
May 27th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Looking good Utora :D
Yeah my game toasts my own laptop too XD
I'm hoping it's not something I've done wrong.
Have you guys tried making a map yet? I can't tell if the one in the first pic is Ficho Tunnel or is one done by Leor. :p
Im gonna try making a Lea map now but I dunno what theme it should have... campfire by the beach? :relax:

ficho tunnel in that one photo..I've tried a few of my maps but was not proud of them enough to get others to join in :lol:

yes, campfire by the beach! and ...an atlantis under the sea :cheese:

KanuTGL
May 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I like the sound of that : D

KovuLKD
May 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I just made a Lea map! Here's the download link:
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1133631393/aab7d98215b94dd34dfe24bcb6465d2b
Just unzip the two files and put them in your "exports" folder in your FeralHeart directory.
You should find a portal to the Lea map in the Cape of Distant Worlds. :)

This was done quickly at work cause I was hungry and haven't had dinner LOL
I think it'll look good when it's sunset. :D
Atlantis will come later. :p

Nuduli
May 27th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I'll have to wait until my internet returns, whenver that is, to get the next patch and the Lea map. I wanna play FH so badly!

And what (or where) is the Cape of Distant Worlds?

Utora
May 27th, 2011, 07:16 PM
When you exit Ficho Tunnel and basically keep going straight, there's an island with a portal, you have to swim across and there should be rows of glowing stones in the river on your way there. On the island keep going straight and there will be the portal to Cape of Distant Worlds, and I figure once you're in there it will be up a ways along the path on the side or something.

Nuduli
May 27th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks Utora, I'll keep that in mind. :) I get sooo lost, I have no sense of direction in the game. @.@

Utora
May 27th, 2011, 07:46 PM
http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=126&d=1306525299http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=131&d=1306525325http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=132&d=1306525334http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=133&d=1306525341http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=135&d=1306525352

Visited Lea Halalela, it looks like a great place to hang considering it's not flooded by the local people who have really no grasp on a decent conversation. :blah:

We need to schedule a global time for us LeaHalans to meet here!

KanuTGL
May 27th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Yay, Lea map! :D

The campfire seems to be out though; is there supposed to be a flame or something there? :p

Leorgathar
May 27th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Oh that's awesome, Kovu! :wow: I'll add it to my files immediately
Btw, I made my map work now, it still needs some more building up in some sections, but perhaps I'll share it here when it's ready ;)

KovuLKD
May 28th, 2011, 03:04 AM
The campfire seems to be out though; is there supposed to be a flame or something there? :p

Yes there is, i've realised the fire is missing. :ohno:
Looks like the objects export is still buggy.
I'll fix that in awhile, meanwhile we'll have a fireless campfire. :p

shadowland
May 28th, 2011, 03:13 AM
These graphics remind of a 3D version of early Myst :)

Leorgathar
May 28th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Oooookay I seem to be having a bit of a problem :confused:
I installed the two files in the exports folder, and since I realized I had named my map LeaHalalela too, I decided to change its name, and I mean I deleted everything and replaced it with files with the new name, and it works well in the map maker. But when I went to Cape of Distant Worlds, the game crashed on me, and now everytime I log in it crashes again.
Does this problem have to do with the portal to my old map still being in Cape of Distant Worlds? :\

Sombolia
May 28th, 2011, 04:30 AM
So I installed the Lea map and managed to actually find it in-game (thanks to Utora's directions). :lol: It looks really nice. Kudos, Kovu. :cheese:

King Simba
May 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Just thought I'd say it here, I decided to uninstall FH on my desktop computer because it kept crashing at times when I left the computer. :\ I think the problem was with my graphics card, so I uninstalled that and everything seems to be fine now. With all the errors and that, I'm just giving it up as a bad idea. Call me a pushover, but that's how I feel. :p But at least it works alright on my netbook... :)

Except for one little thing, which is where my next question comes in. :blah: At various times in the game, I keep getting a "bad token" error which then takes me back to the log-in page. It happens more when I go through a portal to another setting, so I was wondering if there was any way to correct this? :hmm:

Maybe it's something simple as installing the new patch, I don't know... xD

Otherwise apart from a bit of lagging here and there, the game is working great for me, and the next time I'm on my netbook, I'll install this new Lea map. :D Fingers crossed I won't encounter any more problems.

shadowland
May 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Have you thought about starting a sourceforge for this game and getting some help? Seems to be a lot of troubles with it :mufasaworried:

Leorgathar
May 28th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Oooookay I seem to be having a bit of a problem :confused:
I installed the two files in the exports folder, and since I realized I had named my map LeaHalalela too, I decided to change its name, and I mean I deleted everything and replaced it with files with the new name, and it works well in the map maker. But when I went to Cape of Distant Worlds, the game crashed on me, and now everytime I log in it crashes again.
Does this problem have to do with the portal to my old map still being in Cape of Distant Worlds? :\

Okay, nevermind, I figured it out myself :lol: I just downloaded the newest patch and it fixed it :p I have the Lea map nows :D

King Simba
May 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Maybe it's something simple as installing the new patch, I don't know... xD
Well, about that... I installed the new patch, but I haven't checked yet if that has resolved the "bad token" error I kept getting. :hmm: But for the record, I installed the Lea map so I'll be looking forward to checking that out soon. :D

Okay, nevermind, I figured it out myself :lol: I just downloaded the newest patch and it fixed it :p
:lol: Now that's a reason why you should always keep updated with your patches. :evilgrin:

KovuLKD
May 29th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Have you thought about starting a sourceforge for this game and getting some help? Seems to be a lot of troubles with it :mufasaworried:

Well i can't really do that, the game deals with encrypted files and the key itself is in the code.
I'd usually not bother with encryption, but this is an interesting community where the players want to make their own stuff, share their work with the world, but prefer to keep their work from getting copied. :go-on:

I guess i've prolly done some things the wrong way, but it's all a learning experience for me. I just hope i don't frustrate too many players while doing my own learning. :p

@KS: The "Bad Token" problem is pretty common, i've yet to really figure out why it occurs so frequently, but it basically has to do with server stuff and is a bit harder to trace. I'm sorry i can't get it working well on your desktop, do other games work well on it though?

shadowland
May 29th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Hmmm...is there any (non-difficult) way to change that and make it more modular? Or perhaps publish parts of the code that dont carry the encryption key (if there are any x3)

KovuLKD
May 30th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Well the code isn't very modular for now XD
And I've left too much messy code uncommented, so it'll be hard for people to read.
But it really isn't that problematic I think, at least not codewise, I hope. :p
Most issues come from compatibility and such, mostly related to 3D and it's dependence on graphics cards.

KovuLKD
May 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Updated LeaHalalela Map! :D

https://www.yousendit.com/download/dkJxYnU5NmNubVZFQlE9PQ

Just unzip and overwrite the two files in your "exports" folder, if you already have them.
So now we've fire and a few logs to sit on. :p

King Simba
May 30th, 2011, 04:57 PM
@KS: The "Bad Token" problem is pretty common, i've yet to really figure out why it occurs so frequently, but it basically has to do with server stuff and is a bit harder to trace. I'm sorry i can't get it working well on your desktop, do other games work well on it though?
Oh, I see. Well, I don't play games on my computer at all really, so FH was just a one-off. :p But it's alright, at least I can play it on my netbook pretty well, so that's good enough for me. ;)

An updated Lea map already? :curious: I didn't even get chance to try out the previous one. :lol: But I'll install this updated Lea map later. :)

Utora
June 4th, 2011, 01:38 AM
http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=147&d=1307130167

bonfire's working :cheese: love it, thanks Kovu!

KovuLKD
June 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Glad you do! :D
I hope it acts as some kinda meeting place for us, though I've yet to find anyone in it, prolly due to timezone issues.

...flame grilled Utora :p

Konga
July 20th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Does anyone know which client is easier to configure: Wine or Crossover? I use a Mac laptop and whenever a new uptated patch is added to the game I am unable to play it. :(

KovuLKD
July 21st, 2011, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know which client is easier to configure: Wine or Crossover? I use a Mac laptop and whenever a new uptated patch is added to the game I am unable to play it. :(

i'm terribly sorry that there's no proper Mac support yet :(
that'll require me to get a Mac to compile, but i haven't got one.
i'm planning to make a Facebook game though, that'll be playable across all platforms and should have little installation issues, i'm hoping to get it done as soon as possible.

Sharifu
July 21st, 2011, 06:39 PM
I would love to try to play Feral Heart... Gosh the last time I played Kovu's game was in 2008 when it was Impressive Title. I would love to try Feral Heart as there is more to do then run around and chat... But Petteri thinks none of our laptops are powerful enough to play it... :(

HasiraKali
July 21st, 2011, 09:41 PM
Been meaning to play around in it for awhile. It's actually running better for me in this incarnation than it ever did as Impressive Title. :D I am so lost though haha. I've been running around the first island for ages. :p

shadowland
July 21st, 2011, 11:21 PM
http://leahalalela.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=147&d=1307130167

bonfire's working :cheese: love it, thanks Kovu!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/elefun123/Picture20-1.png?t=1242047502

Aurelian
August 25th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Bumping a REALLY old thread here.

Does anyone still play Feral Heart? I just installed it on my new computer. I know Kovu sold the project long ago and is long gone himself, but it's still fun. I would love to visit the Lea map. Unfortunatly, the old download links for it no longer work.

Kirauni
August 26th, 2014, 08:39 AM
I didn't know that Kov selled the project... I've never really played Feral Hearts. I sticked to "Impressive Title" on a server called "Impressive World" or "Dragon's Den". But now I don't have the time to play anymore, so yeah that's about it.

I don't know there was a Lea map. Who did it?

Aurelian
August 28th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Kovu made the Lea map. Don't know if it exists anymore. I downloaded a beautiful Pride Lands map. It's abandoned, so I have it to myself. The only problem is the the royal family denning-cave seems to have suffered a cave-in, and is blocked off.