PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Sanitary

Fear The Paw
July 6th, 2005, 08:10 PM
I know they have the foam soap thats fells good against your hands or gel soap that falls back into the sink in public restrooms.
And then you dry off your hands by paper towles or Touchlesss air dryers, or some of you, your dirty shirt.
Whats the point of all that when you are going to touch the door handle that has jerms all over it anyway?:eww:

I forgot about the automatic toilets, and hate it when you bend down and they automaticaly flush them selves.

TakaTiger
July 6th, 2005, 08:20 PM
i dont use public bathrooms.. there soo.... dirty

Shatara
July 6th, 2005, 08:20 PM
...which is why I pretty much just avoid touching anything in public restrooms :p

HasiraKali
July 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
You should wait to throw away your paper towel until you've opened the door. Even if that means carrying it with you until you find a trashbin. ;) Oh... and not to freak anyone out but in my microbiology class in high school we found nasty bacteria living in the anti-bacterial soap. :eek:

Vidan
July 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I think the theory is that since everyone washes their hands after using the bathroom (:thinks: ... right?) the inside door handle should be clean.

There's no use thinking about it. The world is a dirty place.

klowd
July 6th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Shatara
...which is why I pretty much just avoid touching anything in public restrooms :p

+1 same here =E

King Simba
July 6th, 2005, 08:23 PM
I don't like using public toilets myself although I do use them if I have to. I always try to pretty much avoid the toilet seats the most. :hmm:

Black Paw
July 6th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Ok, now you guys have creeped me out... I'm scared of many things, but now... I don't know what to do!?!?! :o :p

nathalie
July 6th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Well, *when you gotto go, you gotto go* lol

I must say, at some places, they really do their best to keep those clean. After a person walks out, someone with a mob and all walks in to clean it.

Fear The Paw
July 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I forgot about the automatic toilets, and hate it when you bend down and they automaticaly flush them selves

Sharifu
July 6th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Geez... Lots of you guys are saying that you don't use public restrooms, but sometimes you don't have a choice, what, are you guys never away from home?! XD

Originally posted by Woes
I think the theory is that since everyone washes their hands after using the bathroom (:thinks: ... right?) the inside door handle should be clean.

I think most people worry about it because not everyone washes their hands. :eww:

Well my mom would always open the door handle with a paper towel, then throw it away after opening the door. I do the same thing since she always did it.

Originally posted by Fear The Paw
I forgot about the automatic toilets, and hate it when you bend down and they automaticaly flush them selves

:lol: Why?

LunarCat
July 6th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I'm with Woes on this one ;) :cheese:

nafklt
July 6th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
You should wait to throw away your paper towel until you've opened the door.

Ditto.:P

Busa_ngo_thando
July 6th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by klowd
+1 same here =E
And here

Fear The Paw
July 6th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
:lol: Why? [/B]
It just happends I don't know why

Ngatuny
July 6th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Well sometimes it is inevitable, so when that happens it is good to have handy one of the little disinfectant moist towels. :cheese: but I try to avoid using them whenever possible, I must admit I have either had great luck or the places I have been to are rather clean.

Endra
July 6th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I -hate- using public restrooms. I usually avoid going in them unless I really have to go.

Whitewolf
July 6th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Yea public washrooms are more dirty then you think

lion_roog
July 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
From my understanding...the dirtiest part of the bathroom is the sink....:D

unregistered user
July 6th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I just suck it up :p...err...I mean I dont suck the door handle I just dont think about it :P

Life is to short to worry about germs :P
If it isnt the killing kind that is :P

Fear The Paw
July 6th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
From my understanding...the dirtiest part of the bathroom is the sink....:D
I believe the your personal keybord is worse what do you think?

IchLiebeNALA
July 6th, 2005, 09:32 PM
well, i dont like using public toilets unless i really really had to.

they're dirty, smelly and did i mention dirty?

and those Air Dryer things spread 8 times as many germs, so if you think your hands are clean, think again.

;)

lion_roog
July 6th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Fear The Paw
I believe the your personal keybord is worse what do you think?

I think that you should quit touching my keyboard...:p

But I wouldn't know...I haven't seen any studies on that...:D

Fear The Paw
July 6th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I head studdies on that that keybords contain more jerms than a toilet, but who knows?

Lion_King_300
July 6th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I think the best thing to do to avoid germs is to just use a paper towel to open the door on your way out. Especially for the guys, there are a ton of people that don't wash :eww: so all your hand-washing will be in vain unless you do this.

Most of the public restrooms in nicer places like malls and better restaurants aren't that bad at least in my area, I always avoid fast-food restrooms and gas stations those are the worst.

I think it's state law to have toilet seat covers in every restroom stall too "for your protection" as it says.

London had the WORST public restrooms when I went there... every single one smelled horrible and was filthy. And you had to pay 50 pence to use some of them!

:grrr:

Lion King Stu
July 6th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Rarely try and use Public restrooms...give me a bush anyday :lol: :p
I'm ok with some toilets if they are in restaurants since well the gotta be clean and in certain shops because of the same reason.
Now the ones you find in carparks, parks etc. are crud. Unclean, filthy, damaged, used as drug dens leaving needles and god knows wat everywhere :eek:.

King Simba
July 6th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
Rarely try and use Public restrooms...give me a bush anyday :lol: :p
:lol:
...And that's what I do whenever I need the toilet especially if we're going out for the day and there's hardly any places to stop. :bleen:

unregistered user
July 6th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Oh man, I've seen my share of dirty public bathrooms.. eeeyuck! :nukawha:

However when you have to go, you have to go. Though I try not to go to them whenever possible.

I must concur on the idea of saving the paper towel to open the door. If you're not using a paper towel, you can either use your shirt oO or your hands Oo Either way, you'll get germs on ya.

Shatara
July 6th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Ravoc
I must concur on the idea of saving the paper towel to open the door. If you're not using a paper towel, you can either use your shirt oO or your hands Oo Either way, you'll get germs on ya. ...or yer foot :p

Aurelian
July 6th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I work at a resturaunt, and personally scrub the entire restrooms down with disinfectant twice a day. It is the lazy and careless customers that make bathroms dirty, not the employess. We do our best. The only fault in out restrooms is that my boss refuses to put paper towels in. He says they are a waste since we have hot air hand dryers.

I easily recommend avoiding contact with sink dials, soap dispencer buttons, and door knobs if possible.

Did you know that freshly flushed toilet water is sanitary enough to drink? Our dogs are not as dumb as we think! ;)

Fear The Paw
July 7th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Yea all that hard work for nothin

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Roquivo, no drinking out of the toilet :p ;) ^^ Tha tis interesting fact though, but I think I'll stick to pop ^^'

Bahati
July 7th, 2005, 01:44 AM
I always concern myself with minimizing contact between myself and various surfaces in public restrooms. I will often use the back of my wrist or an elbow instead of my hand when turning a dial or pressing a button.

Methods for opening the door depend on the door's design. When dealing with a door knob, I'll twist the knob using a paper towel, and if one is not available, try to grab the knob between my wrists and twist using my arms. When the door merely pulls open, I'll either call upon the paper towel solution or open the door with an infrequently-used finger.

In any situation, if there's a moderate level of traffic in the restroom, I'll simply wait for someone else to open the door. :)

starlioness
July 7th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
Well, *when you gotto go, you gotto go* lol

I must say, at some places, they really do their best to keep those clean. After a person walks out, someone with a mob and all walks in to clean it.

that's gotta be an awfully clean room to have an entire mob clean it:browlift:

one of my main peeves with any bathroom is when someone doesn't flush the darn toilet! :mad: I know toilets don't work sometimes but it doesn't take rocket science to flush it :rolleyes:

bathrooms are disgusting period..:yuck:

if fresh toilet water is sanitary.. I hope that's not the same stuff they put in bottled water..:eww: :gasp:

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Well, technically it is starlioness, I mean, water is water.

Water recycles itself. Once we drink it it will eventually *cough* make its way out :E

Toilet water goes to the sewer, and a water treatment plant. And for thos ethat live in the country where there aren't any sewers, water will eventually get soaked up into the ground, and go through either underground streams or make its way to grass or tres or something on the surface. Evaporation will eventually get it, and rain will fall.. and there we have our water once again!

Here's an interesting thought.. If you think about it.every creature needs water to survive (plants, animals, fungus, etc..) and have all drank something at some time. And what they have drank went into through that same process. So really, the water we're drinking is connected to everything that has ever lived and is living or will live. And we get to add to that :E Think of it as a gross Circle of Life ere.. water? xD

"We are all connected, in the great circle of [water]" ~Mufasa xD

starlioness
July 7th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc

"We are all connected, in the great circle of [water]" ~Mufasa xD

is that a Nemo/TLK crossover ? :lol:

you know, the finding Nemo DVD talked about how water recycles itself on one of the bonus features ,it just never mentioned Toilets and Spit Sinks :p

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Woes
The world is a dirty place.

That's such an understatement. :haha:

Sharifu
July 7th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Lion_King_300
I think the best thing to do to avoid germs is to just use a paper towel to open the door on your way out. Especially for the guys, there are a ton of people that don't wash :eww: so all your hand-washing will be in vain unless you do this.

Yep... I do the same thing.

I find it kind of funny how some of you say that you try to avoid public restrooms. Normally you don't have a choice unless you are at home a lot.

Gas station restrooms are the worse though... If I am away from home, I usually try to use a restaurant restroom.

nathalie
July 7th, 2005, 07:47 AM
I do carry that paper toilet seat thing around all the time :lol: (j/k)

Mizani
July 7th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Some of the cinema bathrooms here in Aus, are really nice. They smell like perfume and instead of a door, theres walls that curve in a path, which I think is much better.:D

nathalie
July 7th, 2005, 10:56 AM
I once was at one in Gelsenkirchen (Germany), it was at a sport centre, and, wow, those were amazin, how clean they were, and also, the were shell shaped, really neat *lol*

Mizani
July 7th, 2005, 11:09 AM
I remember in junior school, people would push the liquid soap boxes and flood the floor with soap:lol:

moonibear
July 7th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I have yet to see a clean public restroom that doesn't smell of...stuff. I do try to avoid using them by using the bathroom at home before I go anywhere, and that usually helps, but like nathalie said, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

Fear The Paw
July 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Mizani
I remember in junior school, people would push the liquid soap boxes and flood the floor with soap:lol:
Thoes were good ol times.

Whitewolf
July 8th, 2005, 01:51 AM
i wonder why FTP is asking this

....maybe he is the reason why it smelly in here :cheese:

unregistered user
July 8th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
I once was at one in Gelsenkirchen (Germany),

Say that name 10x fast! Buwhahaha! O_O :lol:

nathalie
July 8th, 2005, 07:36 AM
I can :p

Nephilim
July 8th, 2005, 10:49 AM
... they've done no harm to me. Ever.

starionwolf
July 11th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Most of the restrooms have liquid soap that smells.