PDA

View Full Version : TLK *Sigh* -tings

Pages : [1] 2

nafklt
February 1st, 2005, 02:16 AM
Where have you seen any TLK related material lately? :P

I was watching Tactical to Practical the other day (or as you can also say, 3 weeks ago) and they suddenly started talking about TLKoB. They said that "Disney's TLK applies modern camoflage to the actors so they can blend in just enough that you could still see the actors..." :P

http://www.historychannel.com/global/listings/series_showcase.jsp?EGrpType=Series&Id=8826020&NetwCode=THC

nathalie
February 1st, 2005, 02:17 AM
I haven't seen any TLK stuff lately over here (been like that for a couple of years accually), apart from that cake, but that was 4 months ago.

HasiraKali
February 1st, 2005, 02:21 AM
*thinks* Not really a sighting but the lighting designer for Little Shop of Horrors is the same one from TLKoB. I saw that in my Playbill at the show and sqeaked. =D

Tabansi
February 1st, 2005, 04:06 AM
I watched an episode of Home improvement on a Haloween episode. Guess who came to the door?

A kid in a cub simba suit - Voice Jonathan Taylor thomas was Simba ( Who opened the door to the trick-or-treators in that episode )

And another kid in a buzz lightyear costum - Voice Tim Allen was Buzz Lightyear (He is also apart of Home Improvement show)

jannali
February 1st, 2005, 04:22 AM
i believe JTT has a simba plushie in a few episodes aswell

nafklt
February 1st, 2005, 04:28 AM
I saw Jonathan in this movie called "Bringing Down The House" once, and he was reading a TLK book under a tree when his dad and other fellow native tribe members were doing the raindance...:hmm:

lion_roog
February 1st, 2005, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
I saw Jonathan in this movie called "Bringing Down The House" once, and he was reading a TLK book under a tree when his dad and other fellow native tribe members were doing the raindance...:hmm:

Are you sure you're not talking about "Man of the House"?

All I see TLK related are posters in people's houses on Cops and mentions of TLKoB in shows. But in this one documentary on PBS about a girls college basketball team, the coach nicknamed one of the players "Simba" because she had to realise that she can't let her past control her, that she has to face her future and go on with her life.:cheese:

nafklt
February 1st, 2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Are you sure you're not talking about "Man of the House"?

All I see TLK related are posters in people's houses on Cops and mentions of TLKoB in shows. But in this one documentary on PBS about a girls college basketball team, the coach nicknamed one of the players "Simba" because she had to realise that she can't let her past control her, that she has to face her future and go on with her life.:cheese:

I got those two movies mixed up...:lol: Anyways,, both of them are great ...:D

Ragoom
February 1st, 2005, 07:13 PM
I saw some TLK jeppybeans in like a tube...at the lcoal shop:p i was so close to gettin them SO CLOSE!!

nathalie
February 1st, 2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I saw that too on Home Improvement. And noticed it also in Man of the house. Saw that movie so many times ... .

TakaTiger
February 1st, 2005, 10:34 PM
i see stuff about it all the time on MadTV :)

Azerane
February 2nd, 2005, 01:02 AM
The only place I really see tlk around the place is a bit of merchandise here and there.

Darkslash
February 2nd, 2005, 01:25 AM
There's a girl in my spanish class who has a couple of Lion King patches -- patches, mind you, I've never seen them before -- safety-pinned to her purse. One is a pink background with Nala on it I think, and the other has an orange background with Hakuna Matata, Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa on it. I need to ask her about those someday.

nafklt
February 2nd, 2005, 05:33 AM
There's this girl in my Englash class that I found out, likes TLK...:P I need to spread the word of Lea someday...:P

nathalie
February 2nd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Back in 1994 - 1995, you saw heaps and heaps of stuff. Now with the new release from 2003, we only saw some colouring books.

Shadow
February 2nd, 2005, 11:27 AM
non off you shuldent compline there arnt a single TLK thing here NOT A SINGE ONE........the only way i can have TLK is buying on the net :alone:

Kovu
February 2nd, 2005, 11:36 AM
Nothing much of TLK here.
TLK is rare here. :confused:

nathalie
February 2nd, 2005, 11:48 AM
Here everything from Disney is rare. The only thing you can find here is from the Princess series. Or Barbie dolls.

Ngatuny
February 2nd, 2005, 05:45 PM
I just found some TLK PEZ!

HasiraKali
February 2nd, 2005, 08:13 PM
I wish there were people in my classes that like it. I'm all alone. :(

Oh! Remember the TLK chocolate bars? I still have one >.> <.<

unregistered user
February 2nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
TLK lives in Flash man. Check this out from Mortisland: http://www.mortisland.com/AYB.htm

It's got Pride Rock and the ending music in it! WEEEE!

Lion King Stu
February 2nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
i think its fair to say that LK if kinda rare to find in shops and stuff now but u check ebay you will generaly find some stuff....i did i got all my plushies and stuff of there

btw nice linkage TZ that was kool ;)

TakaTiger
February 2nd, 2005, 11:05 PM
there is a girl at my skool who is a tlk fan, and i should intro her to lea, but i never see her in the halls nemore :o

LunarCat
February 2nd, 2005, 11:09 PM
TLK stuff is rare in the Disney Store and at the parks, but at WDW there is a whole set of TLK plushes that include Scar, Sarabi, and Mufasa, of course it has the other major characters but i thought those three were the most rare. :p

eBay is always good, ;) you can get everything from TLK radko ornaments to TLK shower curtains....;)

HasiraKali
February 3rd, 2005, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
TLK stuff is rare in the Disney Store and at the parks, but at WDW there is a whole set of TLK plushes that include Scar, Sarabi, and Mufasa, of course it has the other major characters but i thought those three were the most rare. :p

eBay is always good, ;) you can get everything from TLK radko ornaments to TLK shower curtains....;)

Yeah Disney World (Animal Kingdom) has a lot of stuff. I got the Sarabi, Scar, and Mufasa when I went this summer. I had everything else. :evilgrin: Oh and I got a new pen. But that's not really new. *might be going again for Christmas :D*

nathalie
February 3rd, 2005, 09:30 AM
In Disneyland Paris, you also got loads and loads of Lion King stuff !

Nephilim
February 3rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
Oh! Remember the TLK chocolate bars? I still have one >.> <.<

Eat it! Eat it!

Zala
February 3rd, 2005, 10:12 AM
I agree with Kovu, TLK is so rare here `_~

King Simba
February 3rd, 2005, 01:01 PM
It's kinda rare here too. I don't see much merchandise in the shops here.
Btw today in our physics lesson these lads asked the teacher if he's seen TLK. Then they asked him if he knew the song 'the lion sleeps tonight.' They then started to sing it. :lol:

It's the same lads who sang Hakuna Matata in one of our science lessons. =)

HasiraKali
February 3rd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Eat it! Eat it!

Noooo it's part of my collection. :evilgrin:

unregistered user
February 3rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Kovu
Nothing much of TLK here.
TLK is rare here. :confused:

Same here:confused:

nafklt
February 4th, 2005, 04:57 AM
During the re-intro of TLK SE, I saw this Simba plushie at the Disney Store, but I didn't buy it... >.> *knocks self in head* I have some T&P Bugs Gummies...I don't wanna eat it...>.>

jannali
February 4th, 2005, 05:54 AM
a kid in my jazz band was wearing a simba "i just cant wait to be king" t shirt. i went up to him and was like "omg you have the best shirt ever" and left lol
i got a tlk sticker book today too! my mom saw it at micheals and bought it for me ^^

Inuchance
February 4th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Someone at a forum I frequent has Simba as an avatar!

Okay, that was a pretty bad joke.. :bleen:

Darkslash
February 4th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Inuchance
Someone at a forum I frequent has Simba as an avatar!

Okay, that was a pretty bad joke.. :bleen:
Yeah. It was. :eww:

unregistered user
February 7th, 2005, 03:19 AM
I saw the soundtrack of "The Lion King: Special Edition" just a month or so ago...:confused:

nafklt
February 7th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
I saw TLK posters in Downtown...:P

http://www.lionking.org/~nafklt/pictures/misc/tlkposter.jpg http://www.lionking.org/~nafklt/pictures/misc/tlkposter2.jpg

...which soon changed to this...

http://www.lionking.org/~nafklt/pictures/misc/tlk112poster.jpg

unregistered user
July 5th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Since there seems to be TONS of TLK Sighting pages, I finally decided to make a pawprinted thread to lis tthem all so they don't spread like a really bad epidemic =P

So, post away.

Shatara
July 5th, 2005, 10:35 PM
How many times has this been tried? Hopefully being stickied, this will actually succeed...

unregistered user
July 5th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Well, if there are any more made I'll close 'em =P

So they'd better post 'em here xP

Aurelian
July 5th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Question: What happened to the sighting thread theat Kiara made? It was actually working out. Did you delete it, Rav?

unregistered user
July 5th, 2005, 10:42 PM
should merge all topic:D

Simba '04
July 5th, 2005, 10:46 PM
I saw a Simba plushie in the back of a car I was working on today at work :cheese:

King Simba
July 5th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Someone parked up in the school car park once had a little plushie Simba on the dashboard close to the steering wheel. ;)

unregistered user
July 5th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Yes I did Roq, I think I got all of the threads, but I'm not sure oO If there are any others I shall find them Oo *is on le mission*

nafklt
July 6th, 2005, 12:40 AM
This girl in my science class had a Kiara binder with number 28 or something...:hmm:

Sombolia
July 6th, 2005, 06:51 AM
I dunno if this could be called an actual "referance", since it's a wide concept.. but the other day on AotS (http://www.attackoftheshow.com), they were talking about.. something, it slips my mind. Anyways, as they introduce the stuff, they have some snark title for it appear onscreen. And one of the titles was "The Circle of Life". And I was like woah cause TLK and AotS are two of my favorite things.

Yeaaahhh... :eek:

Simba_TLK
July 6th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Question: What happened to the sighting thread theat Kiara made? It was actually working out. Did you delete it, Rav?
yeah thats what i thought.....that thread seemed to be working fine :confused:....

anyway it doesnt matter, ill just post my sighting from before ;)

Father of the Pride - Ep12 - Stage Fright

Hunter and Sierra were watching the TLK DVD
and Hunter cant see the TV, and asks Sierra whats going on.
Sierra says "Simba was sad, and Darth Vader said some made up African crap" :p

Sombolia
July 6th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Simba_TLK
yeah thats what i thought.....that thread seemed to be working fine :confused:....

anyway it doesnt matter, ill just post my sighting from before ;)

Father of the Pride - Ep12 - Stage Fright

Hunter and Sierra were watching the TLK DVD
and Hunter cant see the TV, and asks Sierra whats going on.
Sierra says "Simba was sad, and Darth Vader said some made up African crap" :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lion_roog
July 6th, 2005, 07:40 AM
I don't know if this counts as a sighting...but when I'm at the zoo...people call the lion and lioness Simba and Nala....and sometimes Simba and Mufasa...kinky....:D

Fear The Paw
July 6th, 2005, 08:38 AM
hehe aww thats sweet roog, it makes sense too. At least to us Americans.

Sombolia
July 7th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Fear The Paw
hehe aww thats sweet roog, it makes sense too. At least to us Americans.

O__o; I don't see how someone not from America *wouldn't* understand that? :confused: We're not the only country with zoos..?

LunarCat
July 7th, 2005, 01:23 AM
yeah, and the warthogs-Pumbaa :D :cheese:

nathalie
July 7th, 2005, 06:34 AM
-- moved -- to Everything the light touches, since this is TLK related :)

Alli
July 14th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Recently i saw George of the Jungle (It was on tV) And at the end they showed george holding up his son like Rafiki did for simba on pride rock...

Sudi
July 14th, 2005, 06:18 PM
The only sighting I can think on right now was when I was readin The Da Vinci Code and it mentioned TLK some were in there

Kiara Serengeti
July 31st, 2005, 03:19 AM
In the magazine published by 'The American Quarter Horse Association', it mentioned some horses that had been registered. One of the horses' names was: Hakuna Matata. :hakuna:

simba2662
August 1st, 2005, 02:46 AM
There is a reference in American Pie 2. Jim's dad says to Nadia - make sure you go and see The Lion King. Thats when shes in New York.

Melody of Scar
August 19th, 2005, 06:48 AM
I'm watching Maximum Exposure, and they just showed a home video of a British couple's honeymoon of a buffalo being attacked by 7 lions.

"He wandered away from the pride when Simba and co. jumped him..."

And after two dozen buffalo chase the lions off...

"Oh well, hakuna matata!" And they made a crack about the Circle of Life, but I forgot what it was.

Sombolia
August 19th, 2005, 09:10 AM
"Can you feel the hate tonight?" ~The creepy disembodied voice dude on X-Play

"It's the CIRCLE OF LIFE, MAN!" ~Kevin Pereira on Attack of the Show

:3

Kiara Serengeti
August 22nd, 2005, 06:48 PM
In Wal-Mart today they played the Elton John version of CoL (after 1 hr of smooth jazz ----).

Ok, creepy...my family and I ate at a Denny's, and they played the Elton John CoL too! :eek:

Melody of Scar
August 23rd, 2005, 05:38 PM
I'm watching Camp Lazlo ( not willingly ) and they just made a crack about "nature's circle of fear." ( Girls are afraid of snakes, snakes are afraid of girls. )

I would guess it's a rip off the circle of life. o-o

Kago
August 23rd, 2005, 05:47 PM
Go to Google and type TLK Colouring Pages, I did for my little brother, geez I didn't know how popular TLK Colouring Pages are...

Kiara Serengeti
August 23rd, 2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Kago
Go to Google and type TLK Colouring Pages, I did for my little brother, geez I didn't know how popular TLK Colouring Pages are...

Done that!! Cool stuff, except that as a sixteen year old...I'm a little past the coloring book age.

aj2590
August 23rd, 2005, 09:07 PM
Keep it clean please? ~Mod staff

Kiara Serengeti
August 24th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Here's another sighting. Look near the very top of this page...a very funny TLK reference...

http://www.juicycerebellum.com/200204.htm

HasiraKali
August 24th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
Done that!! Cool stuff, except that as a sixteen year old...I'm a little past the coloring book age.

*looks around nervously* I still color. :thinks:

Melody of Scar
August 28th, 2005, 05:46 AM
I quote Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes, "My motto is 'Be Prepared!'" ^__________^

lion_roog
August 28th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Melody of Scar
I'm watching Maximum Exposure, and they just showed a home video of a British couple's honeymoon of a buffalo being attacked by 7 lions.

"He wandered away from the pride when Simba and co. jumped him..."

And after two dozen buffalo chase the lions off...

"Oh well, hakuna matata!" And they made a crack about the Circle of Life, but I forgot what it was.

:haha:...I saw that one!...I mentioned it in some thread somewhere....Ahwell, Hakuna Matata, Dudes!!....:D

Kiara Serengeti
August 28th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
:haha:...I saw that one!...I mentioned it in some thread somewhere....Ahwell, Hakuna Matata, Dudes!!....:D

I saw it too! I think the joke was 'The circle of life sucks when you're a wildebeest' :evilgrin: lol!

I went to the library yesterday, where they have lots of VHS tapes for borrowing. A little girl went up to her Mom and said, "I found ALADDIN and THE LION KING". But her Mom said she could only have one video. And guess which one the little girl chose? TLK!=D

HasiraKali
August 29th, 2005, 03:58 AM
We were watching Love Actually earlier and a double decker bus drove by in one of the scenes and it had a TLK stage logo on it. It goes by really fast though. I have no idea how I saw it. I guess my "Simba-sense" was tingling. :lol:

Melody of Scar
August 29th, 2005, 04:00 AM
We were watching Love Actually earlier and a double decker bus drove by in one of the scenes and it had a TLK stage logo on it. It goes by really fast though. I have no idea how I saw it. I guess my "Simba-sense" was tingling. :lol:

Your Simba sense? :lol:

I think I love you. XD

HasiraKali
August 29th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Yes my Simba-sense. I seem to know whenever TLK stuff is around. Like today, we went to the outlet mall and I walked in this Christmas store and I "felt" something. Lo and behold I find a TLK game hiding under a Disney Princess one. :lol:

simba2662
August 29th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Listening to the radio in sydney yesterday they had a competition and a question was, "who was the evil uncle in the Lion King" :evilgrin:

Melody of Scar
August 29th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I saw a game of Disney chess with Good v. Evil. Guess who were the rooks? Scar and Simba, of course! :lol:

Kiara Serengeti
October 16th, 2005, 04:59 PM
There was a Disneyland commercial where the sun came up and the 'Nants Ingonyema, bagithi baba' chant was sung; and a family went to Disneyland and held their baby up.

My local grocery store had a deal where you bought food and got a rebate on the TLK SE when it came out. They called it the 'Circle of Savings' :rolleyes: . Way to cheap out the theme of the movie (CoL).

I was in an art class and a girl made a fox, but everyone said it looked like the TLK hyenas!

Cleto
October 16th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Hate to bring home improvement up again, in one episode, don't know what it was called, the boys cousins were staying round and one of the girls was playing with a lion plush and JTT said, 'Being a lion cubs hard, I should know.' or somet along those lines.

((If that's already been mentioned, sorry for repeating it :alone: ))

lion_roog
October 16th, 2005, 09:16 PM
I was watching teh episode of South Park where all the rich dudes move into South Park. The rich kid who was a friend of Kyle, Kenny, Stan, and Cartman brought over the DVD of The Lion King to watch, but they made fun of him because he didn't have a VHS player....:D

This Land
October 17th, 2005, 06:00 PM
A Shop selling clothes where selling big cub simba cuddley toys (plushies) :cheese:

I brought this up because the last time i saw them and any other TLK Plushies selling in a shop was about 4 years ago. :lol:

HasiraKali
October 17th, 2005, 08:42 PM
At work on Saturday night one of the girls was singing Lion Sleeps Tonight and was acting out the scene from the movie with the other girls. She said she had just seen the movie for the first time that afternoon on the way to SA. I was like... "You know that movie is 11 years old right?" And she said "WOW! It's older than me!" Made me feel old. I've known it for half of my life. :lol:

Kiara Serengeti
October 18th, 2005, 05:38 PM
At work on Saturday night one of the girls was singing Lion Sleeps Tonight and was acting out the scene from the movie with the other girls. She said she had just seen the movie for the first time that afternoon on the way to SA. I was like... "You know that movie is 11 years old right?" And she said "WOW! It's older than me!" Made me feel old. I've known it for half of my life. :lol:

Well, since my grandma kept claiming it was 'evil' :rolleyes: I didn't see it until it aired on ABC last year during the premire of the SE.

Sudi
October 19th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Well In band my friend was playin In The Jungle on his sax last week and he showed me how to play it on my trumpet, then I showed my other friend who plays tumpet how to play it. So when ever we get bored in class we do a little duet thing together :cheese:

Tategami
October 19th, 2005, 03:34 AM
in the same day, i saw a simba plush at the salvation army, and a nala plush on someone's mail box post. i wanted to go rescue her from all the rain we've been having. :horror:

Roku
October 19th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I'm glad they reference TLK!

Roku
October 19th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Tategami
in the same day, i saw a simba plush at the salvation army, and a nala plush on someone's mail box post. i wanted to go rescue her from all the rain we've been having. :horror:
Hey, where'd you get that picture of Simba? Is that from Kingdom Hearts 2???

Tategami
October 19th, 2005, 06:18 PM
roku: yup, i got the pic on a diffrent forum, but lea has a section about it being in KH 2.

and another TLK sighting i found was a baby simba cub plushie at a flea market, i should go and rescue these poor plushies.

HasiraKali
October 19th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Plushie rescue (tm) is why I am not allowed in GoodWill alone. :lol:

This Land
October 21st, 2005, 05:29 PM
I was just watching tv today and a newspaper called the sunday times is advertising their free cd that comes with their next issue.
The free cd they where advertising is a TLK audio book :cheese:

DarkPaw
October 21st, 2005, 06:39 PM
In this academic enrichment program I'm in, there's a book we're reading called "A Hope In The Unseen." Here's the mentionable quote/sentence:

"...the Ballou chorus as it launches into a soulful rendition of the spiritual "Amazing Grace," changes course midway into the Afrocentrically sensible theme from Disney's Lion King, and finishes raucously on "got no worries, for the rest of your days, it's my trouble free philosophy, Hacuna Matata.":eek:

Yes, I too got grossed out by the Hucuna :eww: typo and the messed-up lyrics. We were annotating our books, but I was being lazy, but as soon as I saw that, there was ink marks everywhere...

Here's another for our favorite older red-maned lion:

"...who speaks with the same practised precison of James Earl Jones..."

That one got lots of inkmarks...

:D

Storm90
October 22nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
I was looking through my spanish 2 book and there was this picture of a guy going to the movies and under the picture, it told you how to say how to go to the movies.

The movie that the guy was seeing was "The Lion King".

Tategami
October 26th, 2005, 03:16 AM
remember the nala plushie i said i found on a post?
well i went to rescue her, only to find that she's tied to a cross...
so someone must have been killed and either nala symbolized that the person was a child, or the person loved nala/TLK.

Aurelian
October 27th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Got one!

I am watching a show called "Maximum X", which is a "home video" show where all the videos are extreme and amazing. Today, the theme is "Extreme Animals". They just showed one segment where a wildebeast got seperated from it's herd, and was being attacked by seven lionesses, as a big lion watched on. Suddenly, the herd charged the wlionesses, scaring them away fromt he wildebeast. Amazingly, the wildebeast climbed to it's fet and took off with the herd. The camera then went back to the lion, and the announcer said "Well, this lion just watched his lunch walk away. Oh well, Hakuna Matata! When you are a wildebeast, the Circle of Life sucks!"

lion_roog
October 29th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Have one from Will and Grace...:cheese:

James Earl Jones just got done performing a skit...and Karen is trying to get him to realize that he sucks at acting...

James Earl Jones: But I was Mufasa...
Karen: (laughs)...Mufasa?...Honey...More like Boofasa...

Nalalcholist
October 29th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Got one!

I am watching a show called "Maximum X", which is a "home video" show where all the videos are extreme and amazing. Today, the theme is "Extreme Animals". They just showed one segment where a wildebeast got seperated from it's herd, and was being attacked by seven lionesses, as a big lion watched on. Suddenly, the herd charged the wlionesses, scaring them away fromt he wildebeast. Amazingly, the wildebeast climbed to it's fet and took off with the herd. The camera then went back to the lion, and the announcer said "Well, this lion just watched his lunch walk away. Oh well, Hakuna Matata! When you are a wildebeast, the Circle of Life sucks!"

:lol:

Aurelian
November 12th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Not exactly a sighting, but it had my laughing my butt off.

I was watching a wrestling program, and they had a guy called "The Boogeyman" cutting a promo(interview). Boogeyman is supposed to be a evil, insane, and super creepy voodoo master. Imagine a black guy with his face painted blood red and moster eye contacts. He has red dye dripping out of his mouth, and is carrying a rubber human heart. In his other hand he is swinging an alarm clock on a chain. He approached a female wrestler called Lita who is a guest on the show. He speaks:

"I am the Boogeyman and I am coming to get you." *Insane laugh* Then he starts singing a very familier tune...

"No one knows the trouble I've scene... Nobody knows my sorrow...

Girls runs away screaming, as the Boogeyman laugh madly, and the screen fades to back.

The sighting is the tune. It was the exact same tune Zazu sings while locked up in the bone cage by Scar. Just wierd to see this monster of a man singing it.

Tategami
November 12th, 2005, 03:10 AM
this has to be the best one. it's in chicken little! im not gonna spoil and say where, but you deffinetly cant miss it.

zazulover01
November 12th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Last year in my history book there was a page saying how movies affect our lives and it mentioned The Lion King. Also in my literature book from 2 years ago there was a picture of a kid in a TLK T-shirt. and it's mentioned in The Da Vinchi Code.

HasiraKali
November 12th, 2005, 08:12 AM
EDIT: My bad. :lol:

Kopa
November 14th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Today in my local newspaper in a section called 'Today in History' it said:
1997 - "Lion King," opens at New Amersterdam Theater NYC
:cheese:

This Land
December 6th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Not sure if this was already metioned, but ive just watched the simpsons and near the end of the episode, Bleeding gums murphy's face came out of the clouds and started to talk, then shortly after mufusa appeared and started to talk, along with darth vader which i found funny because it was in a simpsons episode :lol:

Azerane
December 7th, 2005, 02:46 AM
It may have been already mentioned but it doesn't matter, that's funny when that happens, hehe.

And this thread reminds me, I was in the shops the other week and saw a TLK tin... I have to get it... I gotta do that tomorrow!! :D

zazulover01
December 7th, 2005, 04:47 AM
I found this comic, I think the TLK reference is in the 5th strip.

http://www.ozfoxes.net/cgi/pl-fp2.cgi?8

Azerane
December 8th, 2005, 12:09 PM
hehe, those foxes and bunnies are really cute. That's kinda cool with the lion king reference and all.

Ralli
December 8th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Holy-! I haven't seen that comic in ages! I used to love it. *tries to catch up*

HasiraKali
December 8th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Same here. I haven't read Faux Pas in ages. :)

zazulover01
December 9th, 2005, 12:03 AM
I just discovered it and now I'm on week 95.

lion_roog
December 17th, 2005, 05:49 AM
South Park...in the episode where the kids make a Christmas Card or something. They parody the song "Circle of Life" with Mr. Hankey or something, but instead it's the "circle of Poo" and they even do that sudden black screen thing at the end...:D

This Land
December 19th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Wooooo
A shop selling stationary and student stuff was playing Hakuna Matata :lol:

lion_roog
December 31st, 2005, 09:13 AM
Law & Order: SVU

They mentioned the Lion King when talking about a group of suspects who deal in making counterfeit products.

Jini
December 31st, 2005, 06:32 PM
In October, the Friday before Halloween, the Kindergarden(sp?) were dressed up in their Halloween costumes parading around the school. I spotted one girl dressed up as Raven from Teen Titans, and she was holding a Nala plushie.

Adrenaline
December 31st, 2005, 10:28 PM
Uh, it was kind of recently, well, not really, but I was watching Super Nanny once and at this house these kids had an Interactive Simba. I was jealous because I hadn't had one at the time. :p

Simbaspirit
January 1st, 2006, 03:02 AM
whats an interactive Simba??:confused:

Adrenaline
January 1st, 2006, 03:27 AM
The one that you press it's ears and it sings and talks. :p

Euan Buchan
January 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
There's a episode when The Simpsons go to Africa and they watch animals walk behind a sunset in a red sky like the begining of the film also when they are on a jeep if you look very closely you can see Pride Rock in the background

Kiara Serengeti
January 7th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Euan Buchan
There's a episode when The Simpsons go to Africa and they watch animals walk behind a sunset in a red sky like the begining of the film also when they are on a jeep if you look very closely you can see Pride Rock in the background

Hmm...I'm not sure about the Pride Rock sighting...but I'll have to look more closely. :cheese:

On one of those "Nanny shows"--it was either "Supernanny" or "Nanny 9-1-1", a dad asked his kids if they wanted to see LION KING or some other video. Correction: I originally said I thought the other video was 'Toy Story' but it is pointed out later in the thread that it was 'Snow White' but I'm not sure. But they didn't pick TLK!!!!!:gasp::jejeje:

Kiara Serengeti
January 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
*looks around nervously* I still color. :thinks:

That's o.k. That just means I don't have a young spirit anymore. :thinks:

lion_roog
January 7th, 2006, 04:28 PM
But they didn't pick TLK!!!!!:gasp::jejeje:

Bastards! :D

But I have yet to spy with my little eye any new TLK sitings...

2 Die FR
January 7th, 2006, 05:09 PM
On one of those "Nanny shows"--it was either "Supernanny" or "Nanny 9-1-1", a dad asked his kids if they wanted to see LION KING or some other video, I think it was...Toy Story...but I'm not sure. But they didn't pick TLK!!!!!:gasp::jejeje:

Ooh, I remember that, it was Super Nanny! I was like, "these kids really DO need help!"

I think they chose Snow White or something stupid.

Kiara Serengeti
January 11th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by 2 Die FR
Ooh, I remember that, it was Super Nanny! I was like, "these kids really DO need help!"

I think they chose Snow White or something stupid.

Oh yeah, it WAS Snow White. I remember now, because the nanny went, "Good for Snow White" or something during the film. :rolleyes:

Roku
January 30th, 2006, 02:03 PM
In my advanced Biology class, we are learning about the digestive system. I was looking for information for my project when I stumbled upon this....
http://arbl.cvmbs.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/basics/anatomy.html

I think you'll recognize someone very familiar in the picture. I guess that's one way to get a student's attention, hmm? :cheese:

And then for fun, I was reading Kevin and Kell, a comic I am a fan of. And behold, another TLK reference....(look in the second picture on the third line!)

http://kevinandkell.com/2001/kk0318.html

Any TLK fan will take humor in that one!

And I thought the days of TLK references was over! I guess you can find it if you look hard enough!

This Land
January 31st, 2006, 06:47 PM
When i was in Hospital Today...

To get to Medication center within the hospital, we went down this corridor near the Childrens Ward and on the walls of the corridor where about 7 painted pictures of all TLK characters, which made me smile.

Roku
February 3rd, 2006, 04:01 PM
This is the real "Circle of Life."

http://kevinandkell.com/2004/kk0627.html

:evilgrin:

Euan Buchan
February 6th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I saw a preview of Chicken Little yesterday and at the begining they were going though how to start the film eg the "Once A Opon A Time" the book opening etc and they even showed the Start of The Lion King ewith the sun rising. Just thaught I'd let you know so you can see it.

Roku
February 12th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I was watching the Weather Channel regarding the blizzard in New York area, and they had a closeup of two broadway musical buildings: Beauty and the Beast and, yes, of course, THE LION KING!!!!
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
Man. When your on the Weather Channel, your famois!!! Go Mufasa and Simba! :bleen: :confused:

Tategami
February 12th, 2006, 08:21 PM
i've been catching small things like books and a pencil topper. nothing really to big, but at least it's still getting reconition.

Aurelian
February 27th, 2006, 04:59 PM
This one was inovative!

Tom and Jerry was on TV, they had a segment featureing the characters "Dropy & Dripple.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2148/droopydripple7hx.jpg

Droopy and his son were in a western cowboy town, and were racing against a "big bad wolf" style character over a girl, as is traditional in a Droopy cartoon. It was a horseback race through the desert. The whoile way, the wolf tried to stop them traps, ala Wile E. Cyote. The last trap had the wolf getting one of his freinds to stand on the top of the gorge the race went though, among a herd of steers. The wolf himself would go through the gorge, and wait for Droopy and Dripple to enter, then signal the freind who would scare the steer into stamping into the gorge. When I saw that, I yelled, "That stupid wolf is getting ideas from Scar!!!"

HasiraKali
February 27th, 2006, 05:12 PM
:lol: That's awesome.

I was watching House, MD last week, and House was talking about something and how it was just "part of that circle of life thing". It's funnier to me because Hugh Laurie (House) is good friends/costars with Rowan Atkinson. :)

Bahati
March 4th, 2006, 04:19 AM
This one's a TLK sighting from Disney. Not 15 minutes ago, a commercial promoting Walt Disney World aired on ABC Family. I might not have noticed it, but strangely familiar music caught my attention. As I have a DVR player, I rewound the commercial and played through it a few times to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

Sure enough, I was hearing music from TLK.

What's especially interesting is that I didn't notice any TLK-related things in the commercial, yet here was the music.

I've uploaded a sound recording of the commercial to Putfile. You may listen to it at http://media.putfile.com/Walt-Disney-World-Commercial-Audio

HasiraKali
March 4th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I've seen that commercial. I wasn't sure at first, but then they showed a few clips from FoTLK at the very end. And the kids are watching the stars. :lol: It's a good one. :)

Aurelian
March 24th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Speaking of amusment parks, I just saw a commersial for Bush Gardens Africa, in Tampa Bay. They had some images of African animals(zebra, wildebeast, giraffe), then they showed a scene from TLKoB. It showed the Nala character singing somthing with her arms out stretched.

HasiraKali
March 24th, 2006, 04:16 AM
That's strange that they'd do that since Busch and Disney are fierce competitors. :hmm: We can't even say the fish are like Nemo or Dory. We have to say what kind of fish they are. :lol:

Cobalt
March 25th, 2006, 02:19 AM
This one sounds like it goes in here:

In case anyone dosen't know, I work in the Detroit area as a Paramedic(Ambulance work)

A new in patient short term psyciatric center opened up, and I was supposed to transfer a patient there. As we pull in the drive way and I get out I do a double take. There is a large lighted sign for the center by the drive way claiming the place is called "Circle of Life"

Just thought that was a bit coincidental.

(Very nice place it is, btw)

This Land
March 25th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Today in a Shopping centre :D

Little market stall advertsing love songs for Mothers Day, and guess what was playing ^^, CYFTLT :D, it was a Guitar/harp instrumental version.

Kiara Serengeti
March 26th, 2006, 03:16 AM
In my local hospital, a soft instrumental version of CYFtLT was playing. :)

lion_roog
April 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM
From 3rd Rock From The Sun:

-Officer Don: Hamlet? The story is as old as time: Pretty boy son has a rich daddy, and a good-looking mommy. The uncle knocks off daddy, marries mommy, and he cuts pretty boy out of the action. So junior goes crazy and he kills them all. Not a pretty story... but there it is.

-Tommy Solomon: Isn't that the plot to 'The Lion King?'

This Land
April 9th, 2006, 03:11 PM
cool :D

Found a "Kind of" sighting, it was mainly a TLK cast sighting. Simpsons episode and Lisa's friend's father mentions Jeramy irons :D

unregistered user
April 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Remind me something.
at the Ikea they Playing Elton John - Can You Feel The Love Tonight at the mall, in my heart I was like: Heyy.. TLK

Kiara Serengeti
April 12th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Ooh! New sighting, on the latest HOUSE M.D., Dr. House is talking about how patients live and die or something and he goes, "It's one of those Circle of Life kind of things" :D

This Land
April 12th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Somthing very Similiar was on Pixar's animation film "Bugs life" :D.

HasiraKali
April 12th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Ooh! New sighting, on the latest HOUSE M.D., Dr. House is talking about how patients live and die or something and he goes, "It's one of those Circle of Life kind of things" :D

I was just coming here to post that. :lol: And it's funny on another level since Hugh Laurie is a good friend of Rowan Atkinson. :) I looooooove Hugh. :lol: I seem to have a thing for Hugh's. >.> <.<

Kiara Serengeti
April 12th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by This land
Somthing very Similiar was on Pixar's animation film "Bugs life" :D.

I saw (ok, heard) that too.

HasiraKali
April 14th, 2006, 11:21 PM
My sister and I saw "The Wild" today. VERY blatant TLK sighting in there. There's a part where the animals are running down a street in NY and they show a sign for TLKoB. Several times. I don't know though. Quite a bit of the scenes looked like a nod to TLK in a way. :hmm:

Edit: My sister is watching "Rachel Ray's Tasty Travels" on FoodNetwork, and she called me but when I got there it was gone. Apparently, there were some drinks or something at a restaurant called "Paradox Lodge" called a Simba and a Nala. :lol: I'm sad I missed it. :(

Kiara Serengeti
April 15th, 2006, 02:53 PM
There was an SP Vhs in one of my dreams... :p

HasiraKali
April 15th, 2006, 04:13 PM
There was juuuuuuust a clue on Jeopardy. :lol: I didn't hear the whole answer but I head Trebek say "Timon" and then "meerkat" and I turned around in time to hear one of the contestants say "Who is Pumbaa?" The category was "Side Kicks" I wish I had seen the whole thing. That's two in a row that I've missed. :lol:

Kiara Serengeti
April 20th, 2006, 02:57 AM
This isn't really a sighting, because I induced it by thinking of TLK. It's from www.20q.net (read from the bottom up for best results. Go to www.20q.net to play the game :) )

Q17. I am guessing that it is The Lion King?
Right, Wrong, Close
16. Are you about animals? Yes.
15. Are you a cartoon? Yes.
14. Did you win awards? Yes.
13. Are you a main character? Yes.
12. Are you a scary movie? No.
11. Are you on television? Sometimes.
10. Do you involve fighting? Yes.
9. Are you sad? Sometimes.
8. Does someone die in you? Yes.
7. Do you take place in New York City? No.
6. Did you ever serve in the army? No.
5. Did you have a good ending? Yes.
4. Are you shown in the evening? Yes.
3. Were you made in the 90's? Yes.
2. Are you still running? No.
1. It is classified as Thing.

This is interesting\funny. People who have played have selected the opposite of the following answers that the random computer opponent has answered about TLK. The computer thinks these answers about TLK:

Uncommon Knowledge about The Lion King:

Are you American? I say No.
Are you a children's show? I say Yes.
Are you an animal? I say Yes.
Are you the oldest child? I say Yes.
Are you a comedy? I say Probably.
Are you a fantasy? I say Yes.

Kihari
April 20th, 2006, 03:30 AM
A while back I was watching some old tapes we recorded at home, and the cast of Boy Meets World came on to introduce the new ABC Saturday morning line-up...

Shawn: Cartoons! I don't do cartoons!
Cory: So I guess you didn't see the biggest hit of the summer?
Shawn: Which one?
Cory: You know... that lion thing?
Shawn: Yeah, I loved it.
Cory: Cartoons!
Shawn: You mean... they weren't real lions?
Cory: Do real lions sing?
Shawn: I don't know, I've never been to the jungle!
Cory: Do they sing at the zoo?
Shawn: They're self-conscious at the zoo! Everybody's staring at 'em! At night they sing.
Cory: How do you know?
Shawn: It says so in that song, "The Lion Sings Tonight."
Cory: "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"!
Shawn: Sure, 'cuz he's tired from singing!

Meh, I guess you just had to be there. ;)

HasiraKali
April 20th, 2006, 05:01 AM
That's funny Kihari. :lol: I like the bit about them being self-conscious at the zoo. :lol:

Sudi
May 2nd, 2006, 04:57 AM
I Watched to new Simpsons episode on Sunday and they did an Itchy & Scratchy play based on TLKoB.

Lion_King_300
May 2nd, 2006, 04:09 PM
This isn't really a sighting, because I induced it by thinking of TLK. It's from www.20q.net (read from the bottom up for best results. Go to www.20q.net to play the game :) )

Q17. I am guessing that it is The Lion King?
Right, Wrong, Close
16. Are you about animals? Yes.
15. Are you a cartoon? Yes.
14. Did you win awards? Yes.
13. Are you a main character? Yes.
12. Are you a scary movie? No.
11. Are you on television? Sometimes.
10. Do you involve fighting? Yes.
9. Are you sad? Sometimes.
8. Does someone die in you? Yes.
7. Do you take place in New York City? No.
6. Did you ever serve in the army? No.
5. Did you have a good ending? Yes.
4. Are you shown in the evening? Yes.
3. Were you made in the 90's? Yes.
2. Are you still running? No.

The game took 27 questions to beat me, it took a really roundabout path to get to The Lion King answer!

Q28. I am guessing that it is The Lion King?
Right, Wrong, Close
27. Do you take place in America? No.
26. Are you sad? Sometimes.
25. I guessed that it was Aladdin? Close.
24. Are you rated G? Yes.
23. Were you made in the 80's? No.
22. I guessed that it was Mission: Impossible? Wrong.
21. Are you shown in reruns? Sometimes.
20. I guessed that it was The Silence of the Lambs? Wrong.
19. I guessed that it was 101 Dalmations? Wrong.
18. Do you involve someone who is on the run? Yes.
17. I guessed that it was Pulp Fiction? Wrong.
16. Are you a man? No.
15. Are you about doctors? No.
14. Did you win for Best Picture? No.
13. Are you about war? No.
12. Do you have a sequel? Yes.
11. Are you American? Yes.
10. Is it fun to figure out your ending? Irrelevant.
9. Are you a classic? Yes.
8. Do you involve criminals? Yes.
7. Are you violent? Sometimes.
6. Have you been famous since 1980? No.
5. Were you made in the 90's? Yes.
4. Are you a movie? Yes.
3. Are you still popular? Yes.
2. Were you nominated for an award? Yes.

Thanks for the link, it's a fun game!

nathalie
May 2nd, 2006, 04:11 PM
I don't think it's in here yet, but I saw a new episode of "Joey" last week (seizon 2), and he said something along these lines:

We eat the cows, cows eat the grass, we mow the grass ... It's the circle of life.

Lucy Lioness
May 2nd, 2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Sudi
I Watched to new Simpsons episode on Sunday and they did an Itchy & Scratchy play based on TLKoB.

That was hilarious! :D The Circle of Knives. :evilgrin:

Sombolia
May 3rd, 2006, 03:48 AM
On yesterday's episode of the Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert was explaining "the food chain" and at the end, broke into song: "See? It's the CIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIFE!"

I <3 Stephen.

Kiara Serengeti
May 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I was watching a prestigious horse show today, called the Rolex 3 day event. One of the horses was named Lion King II, ridden by a Jonathan Holling. I seriously doubt it had anything to do with SP, a lot of horses are just named after other horses. Like there was a horse named Windfall II, after a horse, Windfall (I) :D So I think the horse's mother or father, or some other significant horse, was named Lion King. Wether or not it has anything to do with the movie or is just a creative name I dunno, but I thought I'd point it out :)

This Land
May 10th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Watching, The Paul O gradey yesterday. And the Guest yesterday was Elton John :D

They all had a talk and stuff, and elton threw in a few jokes and stuff, was really cool. And he Mentioned Stuff about the Muscial of The lion king :D

And he gave a

This Land
May 12th, 2006, 04:40 PM
(sorry for double post but i have another)

just flicking channels and there was a film half way through playing and was about a african asylum seeker and he was scared and worried, and this girl knowning that he is one, goes up to him and starts saying repeatidly "Hakuna Matata".

Other man, coulkd be the girls father i dont know, asks the girl what does it mean, she says "No Worries" he says "how do you know and she says "Its from the Cartoon film Lion king".

this happened last night and i was very tired , so if sombosy else seen it. Im sorry for my poor accuracy. I was tired and hardly knew what was what in the film.

Hanshilo
May 15th, 2006, 09:55 PM
*thinks* Not really a sighting but the lighting designer for Little Shop of Horrors is the same one from TLKoB. I saw that in my Playbill at the show and sqeaked. =D

ooh cool my cousin Victoria played in that one "The little shope of Horrors." it was really funy i believe she was one of the singers in it :D

SimbaKovufan
May 17th, 2006, 11:50 PM
LAst time I saw anything even remotely relating to TLK was when TLK 1 1/2 came out.....to be refectly honest, I thought it was kind of cheesy for being connected to such a great film, and Ireally think that the directos could've tried to be a bit more serious in heir handling of the flashbacks of some of the most memorable scenes in that movie....it would've added a whole new light to Timon and Puumba's character, instead of showing them as corny morons who fail to really notice what's going on. But maybe they meant to do that.....which saddens me, seeing where the industry has gone in the past few years, and what directors have to resort to to get some more viewers. Still, granted, it was funny at certain moments, but only barely.

Zephyr Nexus
May 18th, 2006, 12:34 AM
People are right; you don't see TLK out there much anymore, but recently I did notice a Rafiki plushie sticking out of a (girl) friend's purse. (I asked her about it; she actually said it was one of her teacher's).

:confused:

Also, we watched TLK in my Spanish IV class (en espa?ol) as a break from working back near Christmas.

:kovusmile

(I realized that this could also be posted in the "TLK in school" thread.)

This Land
May 29th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Woot, me has a BIG sighting

me and my girlfriend was doing some babysiting and we had to watch childerens channels. Inclusing disney playhouse.

And the presenter was signing and dancing to JCWTBK with some kids, pretty cool :D

soulImbibe
June 17th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Anybody else catch the "Circle of Life" reference from Pixar's Cars? The rusted cars are joking about it toward the end of the film when the final race occurs.

HasiraKali
June 17th, 2006, 04:22 AM
I didn't catch that. I just got back from seeing it again too but I didn't hear that. :lol: I was just excited about seeing the Pizza Planet delivery truck. :lol:

Sombolia
June 17th, 2006, 06:27 AM
I just got back from Disneyland.. there was a marching band outside the castle, playing what I think was a heavily remixed version of "Be Prepared".

Lion_King_300
June 17th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I got out of my 12:30 class a couple weeks ago at the University of Washington, and I walk towards Red Square (kind of this brick-floored big open space in the middle of campus surrounded by libraries and lecture halls) on my way to the bus stop, and I start to hear what i think is TLK music... sure enough there were a group of young dancers and they were performing to "Hakuna Matata" blaring through two HUGE speakers, they looked to be probably 5th or 6th graders. It was quite cute and there were a lot of people watching!

Tiikeri
June 17th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Take a look at "L"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/dannyp1987/tlk.jpg

HasiraKali
June 17th, 2006, 04:40 PM
What's that from?

Tiikeri
June 17th, 2006, 04:46 PM
It's from a book I found at work today called "Groovy Movies" It's a kids book but it's quite funny.

soulImbibe
June 18th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Haha that was amusing.

Bahati
June 26th, 2006, 11:22 PM
In the CSI episode "Justice Is Served" (2001), the dog of one of the suspects is named Simba.

MehndiX
June 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM
On Absolutely Fabulous one of the characters was here and there referencing the film. She did part of the begining of Circle of Life and later Hakuna Matata to some Simba plushes:

"(singing as the plushes) Hakuna Matata"
"(speaking as herself) Hakuna Matata? Speak English! Lyrics by Andrew Lloyd Rice"

And a little later Elton John was in it, so I guess that's why she was doing it.

Shatara
June 28th, 2006, 05:16 PM
The other day when driving to Raleigh, we passed a truck that I swear had the ol' insignia (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Darkslash/Tale%20Spin%20Crossover%20RP/pridelandsflag.jpg) on the door. Did a double-take, but didnt get a good look.

Sudi
July 2nd, 2006, 06:49 PM
My sister bought some TLK diapers for my nephew a couple a days ago, i guess that counts as a sighting.

Tiikeri
July 3rd, 2006, 05:47 PM
Tiikeri found Pride Rock! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/dannyp1987/DSC00092.jpg)

LunarCat
July 3rd, 2006, 06:13 PM
woah! that's awesome Tiki! :wow:

Matt_1103
July 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I saw TLKoB signs on The Pink Panther when Steve Martin goes to New York and buys a "damburgert":lol:

Kiara Serengeti
July 10th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Very, very obvious TLK sighting in the latest Simpson's episode. (Methinks the producers have a fascination with the film\play, eh? :D )

Anyway, the Simpsons are at the Springfield theater district and go to see an 'Itchy & Scratchy' musical that's blatantly like TLKoB. It opens with a mockup of 'nants ingonyema' and has the sun and has a cat standing on a version of Pride Rock holding up Scratchy. They have all the people in animal costumes chanting like in TLKoB and they even had people holding cat puppets and making them move like the do the gazelle puppets in TLKoB. They animated bits of the I&C musical, most of the songs\animation mimicking TLKoB. The theme song is The Circle of Knife :p And they showed the playbill, and the logo for the I&C musical was a knockoff of the TLKoB lion shilhouette.

Kiara Serengeti
July 17th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
Tiikeri found Pride Rock! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/dannyp1987/DSC00092.jpg)

Not perfect :bleen: but still cool :D

Kapasa
July 18th, 2006, 03:36 PM
During the episode Rise of the Cybermen, (Dr. Who) the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is played to drown out human screams.

n the episode The Christmas Invasion, the Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) references the song Circle of Life. Julie Gardner, the executive producer for Doctor Who, mentions in the audio commentary for this episode that the "Lion King speech" is one of her favourite parts of the episode.

Find the lion king on wiki and look at the trivia section near the end....

Also look at this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lionkg2.jpg)

Does it say what i think it says?? i went through the film and reversed and hit play again and again and yes this is there! (but only for one frame)

Tiikeri
July 18th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Kapasa

Does it say what i think it says?? i went through the film and reversed and hit play again and again and yes this is there! (but only for one frame)
Sooooo many topics have been made about that, you're not the first, and by gum you won't be the last. It does NOT say "SEX" as some retards think it does, it says "SFX" and was put there by the Special Effects team who were working on TLK.

HTH

Kapasa
July 18th, 2006, 04:02 PM
oh sorry to bring up an old topic

Jim_TLK
July 22nd, 2006, 11:12 AM
Find the lion king on wiki and look at the trivia section near the end....

wow that is interesting i never saw that before :gasp: but i do admit it does look sorta like sex :lol:

nathalie
July 22nd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Noooo, not that again, haha.

It's ment to be SEF.

Kapasa
July 22nd, 2006, 07:49 PM
oh okay SEF it is then.

Recently a quote from the lion king in Scrubs made me smile....then laugh. You know Scrubs its a tv show about some newbie doctors, well i find it funny anyway.

It went something like:

JD: Well in this hospital i hav noticed that when one life ends another begins (dramatic pause)....I like to call it the great circle of life.

(At this point I was smiling thinking hey thats off TLK!)

Dr Cox: Oh my God newbie, you really must stop watching the lion king.

JD: Yer well I've always liked that cute little lion, you know the one??

Dr Cox: er...Simba?

JD: HaHaHaHa, trick question you like it too! (Giggles)

Dr. Cox: (Mumbles and walks off)

(This made me lol!)

Tiikeri
July 23rd, 2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
It's ment to be SEF.

oh okay SEF it is then.

*cough* SFX *cough*

I'm suprised at you Nathalie for not knowing that :p

Sombolia
July 23rd, 2006, 07:21 PM
"You know, you shouldn't talk about a Zelda broadway show too loudly. The last thing we need is Elton John and Tim Rice trying to write a power ballad for Ganon." -- Adam Sessler

HasiraKali
July 25th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I saw the coolest TLK plushies in a claw machine yesterday. I wanted to get them but they were really burried and I'm really bad at those games. :( They had, Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, and Zazu. They were pretty big too.

Lion_King_300
July 26th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Yep, those plushes made an appearance at the claw game where I work too ;)

I don't know how many dollars it took (probably at least $15, maybe $20) but I managed to get all of them!

Pumbaa was the hardest, he was laying sideways next to some other plushes and it took me exactly NINE dollars (18 tries) to get him out! I'm not very good at those games either but I'll do anything to collect more TLK stuff!

Sombolia
July 26th, 2006, 07:45 AM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7833/inurprideland1zc2.jpg

Haha, don't ask. From an image manip comm on Livejournal... it's still a sighting!

This Land
July 26th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Woot :D

I saw a person in town today wearing a tlkob T-SHIRT :wow:

i started talkin to him and we had a chat for about 5 mins :lol:

i told him about this forum aswell and he said he will sign up.

So be on the lookout for a new uk member :D

Daniel
July 26th, 2006, 03:42 PM
dr who started quoting the circle of life in the episode called "the christmas invasion" :D

HasiraKali
July 26th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I saw someone in a TLKoB shirt today too! :D Oh wait... that was me. :p

Seriously though I want those plushies. I even had a dream about them that night. I wonder if they'll pop up on eBay. :hmm:

Tiikeri
July 26th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Uh, they played CoL in the cinema yesterday whilst waiting for POTC2 to start. Since it's a Disney movie they probably decided to have a Disney jukebox :E

Dyani
July 30th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Saw TLK at the hotel I was staying in, interesting version of it too. Lets see.. it was mainly the English Broadway/West End version of it but also had different languages in there too. Loads of songs plus quite a few instrumentals too!

Circle of Life - German
I Just Can't Wait To Be King - English
To Die For (in this we had Scar fighting Mufasa for some reason.. is this what happens in the Broadyway version??)
Rafiki Mourns
The Madness of King Scar - English thankfully!
This Land
Can You Feel The Love Tonight - German I think..
King Of Pride Rock (ending singing in German)
He Lives In You

Sorry for bad quality photos, the lighting wasn't too good. Costumes were definnatly inspired from the Broadway version, and they did a pretty darn good job with the headdresses!

Timon and Pumbaa (background too) ---> http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1346rl7.jpg
Simba and Nala ----> http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1349fg5.jpg
Betterish Pic of Simba and Nala ----> http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1350by6.jpg
Mufasa, Rafiki, Nala and a few kiddies with their handmade stuff ----> http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1352fe5.jpg
Bit more detail of lionness costume (middle) ----> http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1356uk0.jpg

HasiraKali
July 30th, 2006, 08:29 PM
We went to Dave and Busters last night for our end of season party and one of my friends was looking through the drinks menu. She was like "Look, Amanda! They have a drink called a 'Blue Simba'!" :lol: So I looked and it was really a "Blue Samba". She was like "... oh... I'm dyslexic :lol:"

Kiara Serengeti
August 1st, 2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Dyani
Saw TLK at the hotel I was staying in, interesting version of it too. Lets see.. it was mainly the English Broadway/West End version of it but also had different languages in there too. Loads of songs plus quite a few instrumentals too!

Circle of Life - German
I Just Can't Wait To Be King - English
To Die For (in this we had Scar fighting Mufasa for some reason.. is this what happens in the Broadyway version??)
Rafiki Mourns
The Madness of King Scar - English thankfully!
This Land
Can You Feel The Love Tonight - German I think..
King Of Pride Rock (ending singing in German)
He Lives In You

Sorry for bad quality photos, the lighting wasn't too good. Costumes were definnatly inspired from the Broadway version, and they did a pretty darn good job with the headdresses!

Timon and Pumbaa (background too) ---> http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1346rl7.jpg
Simba and Nala ----> http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1349fg5.jpg
Betterish Pic of Simba and Nala ----> http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1350by6.jpg
Mufasa, Rafiki, Nala and a few kiddies with their handmade stuff ----> http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1352fe5.jpg
Bit more detail of lionness costume (middle) ----> http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp1356uk0.jpg

Ahh..interesting...so it was a little TLK play? Or just a diorama?

Adrenaline
August 1st, 2006, 09:41 PM
Haha, I was watching that show "Next" and one of the girls said she was attracted to Simba. O_o Lolz.

HasiraKali
August 16th, 2006, 03:53 AM
I just got home from seeing Talledega Nights and there's a TLK moment in it. :lol: During one of the races, there's a big crash and the French driver says "Hakuna Matata, b***ches." I died. :lol:

HasiraKali
August 22nd, 2006, 10:00 PM
Double post but who cares :lol: The Jump Start comic today was especially interesting. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/jumpstart2045806060822.gif

My sister said she feels sorry for my future children. :lol:

HasiraKali
August 23rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
It continues... :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/jumpstart2003053860823.gif

DarkLion
August 26th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I was driving down the road today and there was a truck in front of me with a Scar decal on the back window!!:eek: . I have one too, but I've never seen another car with one! Too bad the back window of my car is too small for it or I'd have it on now!

((The decal is about 12" tall BTW))

LunarCat
August 26th, 2006, 04:52 PM
:lol: those comics are great

Jackandsimba
August 26th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I was round my friends house and he had a tissue box with Timon on one side, cub simba on the next, pumbaa on the next, and i think zazu was on the last side, i was like, gimme! and he's like, sorry dude, i have a cold.

HasiraKali
August 26th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Get him a new box of tissues? :lol: That Hakuna Matata storyline has been going for almost a week. You can read them all Here (http://www.comics.com/comics/jumpstart/archive/jumpstart-20060822.html)

lion_roog
August 27th, 2006, 12:12 AM
:haha:...I will have to see tomorrows comic strip...:D

HasiraKali
September 11th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Wow a deadish thread. Anyway... Max Casella (original Broadway Timon) is on Law and Order: CI that just started. No idea what his character is. I hope he's a bad guy. :evil:

Euan Buchan
September 12th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Last night I watched this comedy programme called "Something About Parenting" & a teacher was ill & the headteacher was on the phone looking for a supply teacher but she couldn't find one she said "I'll have to get the children to watch a video yes it's going to be The Lion King again whenever they like it or not" but they found a supply teacher after she said that

Jackandsimba
September 14th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I bought my nephew a Vtech smile center thing (u no, one of those learning things you plug into a TV) and I was looking at the cartridges you could get, and alas, a LK one caught my eye. Had to get him it!

HasiraKali
September 14th, 2006, 10:13 PM
We're watching Reba on Lifetime. Her ex-husband bought a house where someone died and Reba's trying to convince his wife that it's haunted. They were talking about it and Reba's son in law said "I don't believe in ghosts. I beleive in the circle of life. Hakuna katatata!" :lol:

Kapasa
September 20th, 2006, 04:16 PM
But what about Mufasa's ghost? and the circle of life that means Mufasa is immortal...that cant be....[head explodes]

*sue*
September 20th, 2006, 08:55 PM
jackandsimba i know what you mean about that vtech thing, i was in the disney store and it was on the simba one and i was there for ages playing on it :) lol

HasiraKali
September 20th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Playing with the vtechs is fun. :D

Oh at work today, I was putting together a packet for one of our troops and their leader lives on "Lea Lane" :lol: I smiled.

This Land
September 28th, 2006, 05:19 PM
At work today and a Icecream van stopped outside the shop, and guess what.... Morning report scene was painted on the van :D

Edit:

Oh and yesterday i manged to find 50 TLK Songs and soundtracks on a Jukebox in a Pub i went into :D

Shatara
September 30th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Season Premeire of Dr Who just now, dropped a flagrant reference.

When addressing some weird aliens about Humanity, The Doctor started quoting the openning lines of CoL, stopping himself with "No wait, that's The Lion King..."

:lol:

Edit: And minuites later, randomly drops an Arthur Dent ref x)

Ciara
September 30th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I heard CoL on the radio some day ago, then not the one from the movie but the other one you got on the TLK SE DVD cd. Down here they seem to play a lot of TLK music, when I was with the kid on kindy some weeks ago they played CYFtLT on the lunch hour. But that's all for nowadays ...

HasiraKali
October 4th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Playing with the vtechs is fun. :D

Oh at work today, I was putting together a packet for one of our troops and their leader lives on "Lea Lane" :lol: I smiled.

I'm quoting myself because this sighting continues. :lol:

So the troop based on Lea Lane sent in their roster today and one of the girls... is named... Nathalie. :lol: I about died laughing.

Ciara
October 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Playing with the vtechs is fun. True ... :lol: I got some vtechs things, like books and games ... :D I need a vtech DVD player tho, or two, I don't think they both go into same thing... So I just got the games lying around, and the book is useful around this place xD

This Land
October 4th, 2006, 08:05 PM

So the troop based on Lea Lane sent in their roster today and one of the girls... is named... Nathalie. :lol: I about died laughing.

Why do i find this very freaky :gasp:

AHHHHHH *jumps out of random window*

Kiara Serengeti
October 4th, 2006, 10:52 PM
On a Travel Channel show called World's Most Unique McDonald's it showed the flashy, funky Times Square one and did a wide angle shot. In doing so, they got a REALLY beautiful shot of the TLKoB marquee and banner. I wanted to go to TLKoB so bad all over again.

nathalie
October 5th, 2006, 07:17 PM

Haha, coincidince? *lol*
(yeah, I spelled that wrong, haha)

Kiara Serengeti
October 7th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Tonight, Dateline did a show about laziness and di a segment on SLOTH to see if sloths really are lazy enough to get confused with the term for laziness, or something. Anyway, it showed a clip from Ice Age and the lady who works with John Stossel (name?) said, "Sid did for sloths what Pumbaa did for warthogs in The Lion King--put them on kid's radar screens"

Sudi
October 9th, 2006, 06:27 AM
I was watching CSI Las Vegas today and it had to do with some furry dude getting killed, kinda reminded me of TLK.

Kiara Serengeti
October 10th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Sudi
I was watching CSI Las Vegas today and it had to do with some furry dude getting killed, kinda reminded me of TLK.

If it is the one with the furs convention, and Rocky the raccoon, and the creepy fluffy blue-costumed man with a bikini over his costume, I know that one. *shudders*
The strangest chukking danged CSI: LV epi ever.

Kiara Serengeti
October 10th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Thandi Zakiya
TLK lives in Flash man. Check this out from Mortisland: http://www.mortisland.com/AYB.htm

It's got Pride Rock and the ending music in it! WEEEE!

"I can see my house from here!!!"
lol xD

Azerane
October 10th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Kiara please edit your post instead of double posting. :)

At work the other day a mother came in with her young daughter of about 8, she was wearing a tlk t-shirt... I wanted to steal it from her :p

Sudi
October 10th, 2006, 05:48 AM
If it is the one with the furs convention, and Rocky the raccoon, and the creepy fluffy blue-costumed man with a bikini over his costume, I know that one. *shudders*
The strangest chukking danged CSI: LV epi ever.

Haha, yep thats the one. That one scene in the dance club friggin wierd.

Kiara Serengeti
October 13th, 2006, 10:35 AM
HUGE TLK sighting in the latest episode ("Grief Counseling") of the American version of the Brit sitcom, The Office . A worker at the company dies, and the boss at the Scranton branch (where the show is centered), Michael, has everyone tell about deaths they've experienced and one of the characters (forgot who), says: "My family and I went on an African safari with my cousin Mufasa. He got trampled by a herd of wildebeest. We took it pretty hard--the audience, I mean". :D :cheese: when I heard that, I busted a gut...

Azerane
October 24th, 2006, 01:24 AM
I was in the store yesterday, and they had a few of these little tv, dvd combo things that were part of a main display and as I was walking behind them I heard "perhaps you shouldn't turn your back on me" so I walked around the front of them and of course, they were playing TLK :D

Then I was sitting next to this girl on the bus on the way home from work yesterday and she was reading a book, the chapter title of which was Amaryllis :cheese:

Kapasa
October 24th, 2006, 10:01 AM
This ninja says it all...be patient TLK part is at the end of this ninja clip, he also says lion king half way through.
How to kill a Ninja (http://youtube.com/watch?v=IR68W56DCBU&mode=related&search=)...the circle of death.

(put the goats in the blender, and remeber to paint all the pigeons thoughly!)

HasiraKali
November 2nd, 2006, 02:25 AM
TLK is supposed to be mentioned The Rich List tonight on FOX in the US. Not sure when or how. But it's on right now if you want to watch for it.

Edit: Ok so basically, the contestants had to name the Top 50 Broadway Shows of All Time and they said TLK. I think I could have named most of if not all 50. :lol:

Edit the Second: They said it again. The last Rich List they had to name Disney Animated movies and it was the first they said. I wish I could have been on that show. I'd have won 10 million with that list. Not fair! :(

Kiara Serengeti
November 5th, 2006, 04:51 AM
There's a few ref's to SP on this baby-name site for the name Kiara (along with Irish vs. African orgin arguments :bleen:)
http://ww5.americanbaby.com/babynames/babyName.jhtml?babyNameId=15753&commentsMode=true&currentPage=1

I also found THIS on Wikipedia about the old Catholic hymn, the beautiful but frightening 'Dies Irae'. I don't know the validity of this--especially since this is WIKIPEDIA, but I thought I'd share.

In Disney's animated musical The Lion King, Dies Irae can be heard orchestrated into the soundtrack or in the movie when it shows the 'Shadow Lands.'

HasiraKali
December 23rd, 2006, 06:11 AM
I was just browsing around on InternetBumperStickers.com and ran across this. It might be offensive to some, so be warned. :lol: It's really not that bad.
A question (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/InternetBumberStickersDOTcom/wanna_hakuna.gif)

Ciara
January 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
is it too late to bring up this thread more? I hope not :D cuz the world is still full of new TLK things!:

I saw this thing on the door when we walked into some thai restaurant :gasp: I was like, what the heck is a TP pic doing there (it says "Welcome *pic* BK South") and when we sat down, no one came with the menu or even talked with us, so after 30 minutes of just sitting there, we went to another restaurante ... It was lots of peeps, but SOMEONE must have been able to give us the menu sometime xD (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/Lea%20Stoof/PC090089.jpg)

*sue*
January 9th, 2007, 05:41 PM
in the uk disney store has just got a new simba teddy in and a new design of a simba pillow, so cute! (i have it) :D

http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/ProdDetails.aspx?id=28873

^^^

Sam//x*
January 12th, 2007, 06:49 PM
In a Focus D.I.Y store there was a simba night light !! It was being sold for ?7.99 but seen as i ahd no money with me i couldnt buy 1 :(

Ciara
January 12th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by *sue*
in the uk disney store has just got a new simba teddy in and a new design of a simba pillow, so cute! (i have it) :D

http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/ProdDetails.aspx?id=28873

^^^

i know someone who has that pillow ^^ wanted it to be sent over here but .. no .. <.<

HasiraKali
February 4th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Does it count as a sighting if it's not a visual? :hmm: Anyway, in Kronk's New Groove, they use a bit of TLK music during one of the scenes. The end titles said it was This Land, but it sounded more like King of PrideRock to me. :p

This Land
February 4th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Sam//x*
In a Focus D.I.Y store there was a simba night light !! It was being sold for ?7.99 but seen as i ahd no money with me i couldnt buy 1 :(

They where seeling them in The ?1 discount store in my town :D. also had timon & pumbaa, Mufasa and simba & Nala.

When Daniel came over to see me he bought the whole lot :lol:

Kiara Serengeti
February 5th, 2007, 05:03 PM
My counselor\therapist just put a giant Simba in her office for the kids =D

Aurelian
February 7th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I saw Disney's new film, The Wild, the other day, and there is a massive siting.

In the "In the City" scene, many ads can be seen on posters and billboards, including ABC (television), Kodac, Toys R' Us, McDonald's, Best Buy, and Radio Disney. However, the most prominently displayed background feature is Times Square's play theater.. So what's playing? What else, but "The Lion King on Broadway"! The giant ad display above the entrance, featuring the Simba head TLKoB logo, is stillshot in the center of the screen for several seconds, just before Sampson and the gang flee from the evil poddle and her Rottie henchmen. The is likely a shout-out from Disney animation to their cousins on stage.

DarkPaw
February 8th, 2007, 01:14 AM
I went along to the doctor's office for my brothers' checkup, and while my mom was signing out, I could have sworn I heard the little panpipe diddy when Simba is racing down to go get Nala. I thought I was just crazy and it was in my head (it happens...sometimes), but my mom heard it too.

I took my brothers out and sure enough, we heard 'Hmm, what do you think, Sarabi?" Ecstatic, my older brother and I started doing the lines together, and all of the little kids (and the parents) started staring at us as we recited them perfectly! That was great-thirteen years later and STILL going strong!

Ciara
February 8th, 2007, 10:03 PM
while being in munich i saw the german version of IDOL yesterday night, and a guy there sang the original Circle of Life song ... I got a pic when he say LIFE XD (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/P2080309.jpg)

HasiraKali
February 9th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Apparently, on Tiger Tails Radio today they played a clip of a horrible CoL cover by G4. One of my friends (who I fear I may now hate :lol:) sent me the link. The hosts sang it too, but at least they admitted that it wasn't good... G4 on the other hand makes money by murdering it. :lol:

Kiara Serengeti
February 14th, 2007, 01:51 AM
I was playing a game called Catch Phrase w\ my family, it's a computer guessing game you pass around. One of the phrases was 'Lion King' and my sister was on my team. I had to get her to guess, so I said "It's one of my favorite movies, about a feline who rules" *blank look from sister*. "...In Africa..." "Oh...uh, The Lion King!" days my sister :bleen:

Actually TLK is THE favorite movie for me, but I didn't have time to be precise.

HasiraKali
March 7th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Got a few new ones for y'all. :lol:

On "The Insider" (a cheesy tabloid show in the US) today, they had a segment on Anna Nicole Smith's funeral. They also had a bunch of segments about celebrities having/adopting babies. Well at the end of the show one of the hosts was summing it up something like (I'm paraphrasing) "We've had lots of news today, a funeral, and babies. It's the whole circle of life."

This one's not specifically TLK but it struck me as amusing. Last night I was watching Dracula with Gary Oldman and there's one part where Mina and Vlad are walking down a street in London. Of to the side there's a dude wearing a sandwich board. 1) It was an advert for the Lyceum theater (the theater in London where TLK is performed) 2) The play was Hamlet (a play that many say TLK is based - very loosely- on). I'd noticed the Lyceum bit before but not the Hamlet part. Amusing.

Kiara Serengeti
April 8th, 2007, 09:43 PM
They just installed a Pumbaa ride-on (stick in 50c) at our local Neighbhor Market Walmart =D , which is a grocery store, owned by Walmart. :p I squeaked. My dad thought I was wacko. He was like...it's the warthog from TLK...soo...

IT'S A FREAKIN PUMBAA RIDEON!!!!!

Marikunin
April 8th, 2007, 10:37 PM
.........a Pumbaa ride-on?
...............cool.
I saw a TLK karaoke CD in Toys R Us a few weeks ago...:)

This Land
April 8th, 2007, 10:49 PM
get a piccie of it :D

Few days ago, my nan told me when she was on her computer course. She had to do a exercise where she got a email with a few questions in it from a friend in the classroom.
(all the questions where set out by the teacher).
She had to Go On the internet to find the answers to the questions and email the answers back. ( Yes, this computer course is very easy. But was free for non- computer literate people)

anyway, the questions all had a certain subject or theme. The questions my nan had to find the answers to where all to do with the Lion King =D. So there she was, looking up answers from loads of lion king websites. ^^

Daniel
April 8th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by This land
They where seeling them in The ?1 discount store in my town :D. also had timon & pumbaa, Mufasa and simba & Nala.

When Daniel came over to see me he bought the whole lot :lol:

and i still have those under my bed :D

Marikunin
April 9th, 2007, 08:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/tv/bcd/slideshows/lions/marsh_males.shtml
Go to the third and eleventh pictures! XD

Safila
April 10th, 2007, 02:30 AM
I found a tin that has picutres on it from TLK and that has a wind up key on it and it plays Circle of Life, filled it with easter eggs and sent it to This Land. *_*

Kiara Serengeti
April 12th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Safila--should've sent it to me. *pouts*

On Jeopardy! today, in the category ROCKS, one of the "Clue Crew" members was standing on the Pride Rock prop from TLKoB and gave the clue: if you know the term for a group of lions, you'll know the name for this monument from The Lion King on Broadway."

And it was guessed right the first time...not surprisingly.