PDA

View Full Version : Titanic - The Animated Movie

King Simba
May 11th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Just for fun... ;)

This is by no means a thread to say this movie is great, because it really isn't. But it's a thread to show you guys how bad animation and stories can really be when the effort is not put in.

I'm also curious as to how many of you have seen this. I only saw it the other night, and I actually watched it all the way through. I've no idea how I did that, but for some reason the awfulness of it amused me that much, that I just had to watch it. :uhno:

The best part about it is this was actually released on DVD. Not that the DVD is that easy to find, but it looks more like an amateur fan-made movie to me... no, actually, I take that back... a fan-made movie could be much better. :stop:

Part one is here. Watch at your own risk... :idiot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlQq7aDjWqU

There's also an hilarious review of this film made by the Nostalgia Critic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXdCzfvH_d8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moekT8LOwQQ&feature=related

He points out many more faults with this movie on top of the ones that I just pointed out below... xD

----------
Things I noticed wrong in this movie: Everything. :yuck: But on a more detailed list...

*Beware of spoilers!* If you can even call them that.

- There's a dog that starts rapping for no apparent reason. :wtf: Since when did rap music and boom-boxes exist in 1912?
- The movie is a complete rip-off of several animated movies, including 101 Dalmations, The Aristocats, Cinderella, An American Tail. The list goes on...
- They don't even acknowledge the sinking of the Titanic at the end of the movie.
- The movie is just inverted from the film. Instead of a third-class boy and a first-class girl, it's the other way round.
- They fall in love so damn quick. The sentences they say just don't make any sense, and the whole touchy-feelyness at the beginning is quite creepy. There's a point in the movie where Angelica (the third-class girl) says "You know nothing about me". That's the most sensible line said in the whole movie. :lol:
- There's a rather racist song sang by some Mexican mice. :woe: Which remind me of Speedy Gonzales.
- The animation is just fail in general. There are many errors you can easily notice, like for example there's just not enough frames in there, so the animation is all stiff. It's like no time or effort has been put into it at all, and that's essential with animation.
- The dubbing is bad. Really bad.
- The life boats miraculously float off the ship. 8O

The list goes on, and on, and on. I dare you to point out anything else that's wrong with it.

I have an headache now... :headache:

Revo
May 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM
The only reason I'm aware of this movie is Nostalgia Critic. And no, after seeing the review, I wasn't going to sacrifice any brain cells actually watching the movie :yuck: :p:. The review was hilarious though, as always.

King Simba
May 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I don't blame you. I'm actually surprised at myself for watching it all the way through, but I won't be in a hurry to watch it again. :p

But the review is hilarious. I've watched it like 3 times now and I don't get tired of it. :lol: I'm gonna have to see some more of the Nostalgia Critic.

Aurelian
May 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Titanic was one of the most dramatic and sad movies ever created. Why on Earth would anybody want to make it into an animated film. That's kind of like making TLK into a live action comedy starring humans. It's simply disrespectful.

Ngatuny
May 11th, 2011, 06:00 PM
:woe: I was curious so I clicked the link :stick: I should learn not to click links when others say it's terrible:cringe:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 11th, 2011, 06:02 PM
To be fair many of the cartoons on kids TV were no better than this!

I thought it was brilliant...though that said I didn't watch any more than 7 mins of it...
:lol: :p

Shadow
May 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM
watched opening couldent go any futher xP

KanuTGL
May 11th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Ah, yes, this thing. I think I managed to force myself to watch a couple of parts of this once. Then I just couldn't take it any more :lol:

Azerane
May 12th, 2011, 12:29 AM
:woe: I was curious so I clicked the link :stick: I should learn not to click links when others say it's terrible:cringe:

That. I really couldn't even force myself to watch the whole first part :p Ahh well, you win some you lose some :lol:

Leorgathar
May 12th, 2011, 01:43 AM
We as individual human beings, usually have the right to choose what we want to see and what we don't, because we have free will... well, unfortunately for me, that wasn't the case with this movie. That's right, I was completely forced to watch this movie fully, without any single choice :woe:
Some years ago, I took a 16-hour coach trip, and the few screens only showed a series of movies without the option to change them, and the Animated Titanic was one of them.

Seriously, rapping dogs!? Mexican mice!!!??? Did you know 1,517 people died there? :yuck:

King Simba
May 12th, 2011, 07:11 AM
So we all agree that it's awful, yes? :lol:

Titanic was one of the most dramatic and sad movies ever created. Why on Earth would anybody want to make it into an animated film. That's kind of like making TLK into a live action comedy starring humans. It's simply disrespectful.

I agree that it's somewhat disrespectful. At the end of the movie they didn't even acknowledge that thousands of people had died, they just ended it with the usual "Happily Ever After" ending. I bet the victims will be turning in their graves if they had known about this. I certainly wouldn't be so happy if someone I knew died on there.

How can it be "Party time!" when one of the world's most well known and fatal disasters is about to happen? :naladisappointed:

That's right, I was completely forced to watch this movie fully, without any single choice :woe:
Some years ago, I took a 16-hour coach trip, and the few screens only showed a series of movies without the option to change them, and the Animated Titanic was one of them.

You didn't have to watch it, you could've read a book, listened to some music or fell asleep. ;) (Unless you actually did that xD) so I wouldn't say you was "forced" to watch it, but you were like me and watched it as some sort of pass-time to be curious. :p

I think it would've been funny if they had shown the blockbuster afterwards. What a comparison that would have been. :psst:

That said, for the 100th anniversary to the Titanic sinking, a 3D-version of Titanic (the movie, of course) is going to be released next year, so that's something we can look forward to. :cheese:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Ugh...why do they have to re-release everything in 3D?
:\

It's a daft 70s gimmick that should have died out years ago!
:p