PDA

View Full Version : Seeing as there seems to be no admins...

Nephilim
July 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
Public humiliation may be a good way to get him to stop. x)

I suggest we don't talk to PhantomBPR because he is being an immature, annoying and dirty pervert. Via PMs. And stop pretending to be on pot too!

PhantomBPR.

How 'bout a little tequila, a few glasses of that and anything will make you horny!

Everyone knows Neph. But COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Horny!

Hmm? Well I don't see how this will.................OH YEAH!!!! OH YEAH THAT'S THE STUFF BABY! *howles* (When I suggested he leave me alone and meet his right hand??

And there was more, buuuut, I deleted those. Most of it was involving more of the same, all sexual. Lots of smilies too. ??

ANYWAYZ, leave me alone and grow up. Oh, and don't give me any bull about it not being you PMing me; the posts you made on the forum at the same time were definitely you. You're not funny, dear.

Hanshilo
July 3rd, 2005, 08:36 PM
Whoa calm down dude...:eek:

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 08:36 PM
Hey Neph, if you didn't like it why didn't you say something, it was a joke I meant nothing against you if you took it that way, jeez I thought you were someone I could joke with.

Sharifu
July 3rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
What the hell?? XD

nathalie
July 3rd, 2005, 08:38 PM
O_o

*speechless*

King Simba
Originally posted by Sharifu
What the hell?? XD
Exactly my reactions to all this. 0.o

klowd
LOL. I'm horny, horny,horny,horny *sings* :P

Nephilim
July 3rd, 2005, 08:39 PM
What the hell?? XD

Yeah, I know. Pathetically funny.

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 08:40 PM
Well, err.. XD

*is munching on popcorn*

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure exactly what say or think in response to.. uh.. that x_X

nathalie
July 3rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
Even if it was ment funny, for me that is a little too far.

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
I admit I deserve this, but Neph I thought you were taking it all as a joke as it was originaly meant to be I had no intintion of insulting you, and seeing as how this is a forum and I am very dim, you should have said something suggesting that I was annoying you, but either way, no offense.

Nephilim
July 3rd, 2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
Even if it was ment funny, for me that is a little too far.

That's the point. There's funny, crossing the line, and running over the line, turning around and waving at us. I think he fits into the latter. :E

Xinithian
July 3rd, 2005, 08:43 PM
Do you think that Mufasa/Sarabi forgot about us completely, or just don't care? :p

Sharifu
July 3rd, 2005, 08:44 PM
:lol: Yes, I agree with Nathalie and Nephilim.

Nephilim
July 3rd, 2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Do you think that Mufasa/Sarabi forgot about us completely, or just don't care? :p

They're sitting and laughing at us now. ;)

nathalie
Me and LKS joke around a lot (ey, Sharifu *lol*) but there is a line though.

unregistered user
Nah, they haven't forgotten.

Hmm.. this thread certainly seems to have drawn quite a crowd *reads list of name sof people viewing thread* wow heh..

Yeah, I think this fits into that latter category that Neph spoke of..

nafklt
July 3rd, 2005, 08:46 PM
I miss Mufasa and Sarabi...:/

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 08:47 PM
Hmm, well I do deserve this so I'll take the punishment.

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 08:47 PM
Especially using the precious PM function on lea ;o

King Simba
July 3rd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by nafklt
I miss Mufasa and Sarabi...:/
Yeah but let's face it; they're both out there somewhere. ;)

Sharifu
July 3rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
Me and LKS joke around a lot (ey, Sharifu *lol*) but there is a line though.

Ey yes... Jeff and I used to be that way. ;) Haha, Jeff was that way with a lot of girls. :p

But some people just don't know when to stop. XD

Lion King Stu
July 3rd, 2005, 08:56 PM
Fu is mine and Nathy's maid and Roog is the gardener...good on ya Neph...Kudos....safe ;)

Xinithian
July 3rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
They're sitting and laughing at us now. ;) The admins of my other forum are funny. As a joke, he disguised himself as a n00b member and started posting in the forum. He had a question about cars, so everybody was teasing him. One guy called him a ****ing dumbass and got banned.

nathalie
July 3rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
I know lots of forums, you can't say the F word, you'll get banned for a day or 2.

We don't need to say that word everytime, while we know young members are on forums too.

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 09:04 PM
I get the feeling Neph has put me on her ignore list so unless Neph quotes this could somebody possibly tell her that I said I meant no offense?

Xinithian
July 3rd, 2005, 09:08 PM
I know lots of forums, you can't say the F word, you'll get banned for a day or 2.

We don't need to say that word everytime, while we know young members are on forums too. Was that in response to my post? It was a direct quote, I didn't say it myself. Also, does it really matter if I curse? It's not like nobody's heard it before, and there's also the automatic censors.

As long as it's not directed towards others, it doesn't violate these guidelines.

Nephilim
July 3rd, 2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by PhantomBPR
I get the feeling Neph has put me on her ignore list so unless Neph quotes this could somebody possibly tell her that I said I meant no offense?

Advice; don't say things like that to people who don't know you. x)

Sharifu
July 3rd, 2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
Fu is mine and Nathy's maid

No!!! Good god I will never be a maid.

The admins of my other forum are funny. As a joke, he disguised himself as a n00b member and started posting in the forum. He had a question about cars, so everybody was teasing him. One guy called him a ****ing dumbass and got banned.

:lol:

nathalie
July 3rd, 2005, 09:11 PM
Was that in response to my post?

Not really a response to your post, I just said something related to that :)

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Advice; don't say things like that to people who don't know you. x)

Sorry I thought we knew each other, but I guess we really don't either way, I apologys again and if there is anyway I can make it up to you I will, I just want you to know that I meant no offense.

IchLiebeNALA
July 3rd, 2005, 09:23 PM

We don't need to say that word everytime, while we know young members are on forums too.

come onover to my forum Nathalie. We dont care if you swear!

and all of the randomness that doesnt belong here is the thing that fuels the forum, so keep Lea a randomness-free zone.

Cerise
July 3rd, 2005, 10:06 PM
...Hm. Wow.

O_o

Lweek
July 3rd, 2005, 10:34 PM
As I see that. It seems that PM message says it clearly, but we don't know in which context and so, we can't judge.

Neph: Let's go say him NO or STOP, if he will not stop, then tell to admins. There's no need for public it. That's bad reaction/behave as well as he does write this.

PhantomBPR: That's the most worse flirt I ever seen. :D

la_reina
July 3rd, 2005, 10:37 PM
Wow...this is...err...something....:confused:

Xinithian
July 3rd, 2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Lweek
As I see that. It seems that PM message says it clearly, but we don't know in which context and so, we can't judge.

Neph: Let's go say him NO or STOP, if he will not stop, then tell to admins. There's no need for public it. That's bad reaction/behave as well as he does write this. The problem is that the admins are inactive.

Lweek
July 3rd, 2005, 10:49 PM
I see, that's problem .. but since this is really nasty topic, let's go close that and let's admin solve that privately.

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 10:51 PM
phantom..
told ya don't play with tiger :lol::p

lion_roog
July 3rd, 2005, 11:06 PM
Ey yes... Jeff and I used to be that way. ;) Haha, Jeff was that way with a lot of girls. :p

:haha:...I kinda stopped out of respect for you and STM....even though I will do it every now and then...:D

Lets play the Lion King...Audra, you can be Simba and I can be Nala...:rawr:...:p

And Phantom, Dude, you gotta work on your pick up lines...telling women (you don't really know) your horny will only lead to you missing certian organs....:D

Lion King Stu
July 3rd, 2005, 11:09 PM
and alot more...like respect etc..especially if ya trying diggin on Neph..never a good idea *pets Neph* no one messes with her I'm affraid ;)

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
telling women (you don't really know) your horny will only lead to you missing certian organs....:D

Tell me about it!...err.. ;o ;)

The point is, you really have to know the person to joke around like that, even if its just a joke you dont know how it might look like.

And sometimes that might even be to much even if you know the person, just keep it with in a reasonable err..frame O_o

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 11:16 PM
:haha:...I kinda stopped out of respect for you and STM....even though I will do it every now and then...:D

Lets play the Lion King...Audra, you can be Simba and I can be Nala...:rawr:...:p

And Phantom, Dude, you gotta work on your pick up lines...telling women (you don't really know) your horny will only lead to you missing certian organs....:D

Not that it matters at this point, but just to make it clear, it was all meant as a joke, and I thought Neph was playing along, or atleast her responces lead me to belive she was, either way, I can see that I am takein way too seriously, and shouldn't joke with people because 90% of the time people don't realize I'm joking, I'm not sure if this was the same case, but either way, I just wanted to make it clear.

Lweek
July 3rd, 2005, 11:19 PM
ROFL, nice. This talk converted really fast. :D

BTW hard accessible girls are somehow special. I have respect for them. It's like climbing high mountains .. dangerous and full of adrenalin, but final is monumental. :) However, they are much more better friends.

I have more like inteligent girls with soft jokes and friendly flirting .. but I'm soft inside. :)

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Will I get banned for this?

nathalie
July 3rd, 2005, 11:22 PM
To be honest, I have no idea ...

Lweek
July 3rd, 2005, 11:22 PM
Not that it matters at this point, but just to make it clear, it was all meant as a joke, and I thought Neph was playing along, or atleast her responces lead me to belive she was, either way, I can see that I am takein way too seriously, and shouldn't joke with people because 90% of the time people don't realize I'm joking, I'm not sure if this was the same case, but either way, I just wanted to make it clear.

Have you seen "Man on the Moon" with Jim Carrey? They never understand his true jokes. But depend on you if you want to be understand or if you will "amuse yourself".

lion_roog
July 3rd, 2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Boos
Tell me about it!...err.. ;o ;)

:haha:...They are survivors....:D

Phantom...I believe you that you were joking....but I joke around to, but at the same time be flirting...:p

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 11:26 PM
:haha:...They are survivors....:D

Phantom...I believe you that you were joking....but I joke around to, but at the same time be flirting...:p

Be flirting with who, because I wasn't with Neph, or atleast I didn't mean to be flirting with Neph.

Dare
July 3rd, 2005, 11:28 PM
Be flirting with who, because I wasn't with Neph, or atleast I didn't mean to be flirting with Neph.

I should hope not...not only for Neph's sake but because if you were flirting, I'd say you'd better go back and rethink your technique.
;)

lion_roog
July 3rd, 2005, 11:33 PM

:haha:...I was using flirting as an example of myself...:D....Just letting you know that even though you were joking, many things can have more than one intention...even though you say you were joking, Neph took it as something else.

Suki
July 3rd, 2005, 11:49 PM
Neph, I am not trying to be rude, but would you like it if someone here posted a thread about you being an insult and they said you used the PM system OVER and OVER and that you're 'horny'? I wouldn't like that. I don't think this thread is really appropriate out in the open, more like in the mods secret ones (I have no clue if you guys really do, but you know what I meanl) I mean, I don't think I'd like it if someone made a thread and said "I suggest we don't talk to Suki because she is being an immature, annoying and dirty pervert. Via PMs. And stop pretending to be on pot too!" and it wasn't true. Now, as I am friends with PBPR, I am not taking sides. I don't know whether or not if he really did bad PM useage, nor do I really WANT to know. But all I'm saying is, is that what about the golden rule (yes, it may seem dumb to all of us since we're older but still)? Treat others the way we would like to be treated? And PhantomBPR, since I know you 'may' have done some bad things here, just treat everyone the way YOU would want to be treated, don't treat people the way you WOULDN'T want to be treated. That would be very foolish of you (no offense, and you're not a fool ;) ) and you'd be pretty down about that. Now, I think some of us here (I am SO NOT naming names) should stop judge a book by it's cover and some should treat others fairly. Now, since I'm probably boring you now, I'll shut my pie hole. :p

IchLiebeNALA
July 4th, 2005, 12:19 AM
wow Suki! that was some reply!

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 12:21 AM
There is no may have, he admitted to it himself.

Aurelian
July 4th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Honestly, I am surprised and impressed to hear you say those words, Suki. Afterall, Nephilim may very well be the most misjudged person in the entire forum. She is always getting verbally smacked, because people tend to have a problem understanding her personality and sense of humor. She is brutally honest to the point where it hurts. She is the kind of person who, if asked if her freind "looks fat in this dress" would say yes. I think that Nephilim gets a lot more abuse and harasment then she really deserves.

As for Phantom, I know he went through a tough period a few months back, but I wouldn't have expected this from him. Thing is, I don't know what caused him to do what he did. Maybe it was a joke, maybe not. Either way, it really isn't enough for me to turn my back on him, or join in in this virtual stoning. I leave this issue to Phantom and Neph to settle.

I have to agree with Suki that this thread should not have been made. This will not fix anything, and will only serve to drive Phantom away from Lea. I have been publicly humiliated plenty of times, and it always led me to close myself up, and become afraid to make a mistake.

If Phantom really was constantly harrasing Neph in such a manner, and refused to stop, the apropriate course of action would be for Nephilim to report him to his internet provider, and they would decide whether or not to cut his service.

Lweek
July 4th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Hmm, seems that nobody read my posts, because I wrote that a page or two ago. =)

However, report his harasment to ISP is quite difficult in many ways. Really best way is report it to admins who can search database and track their talk to make right decission, even help Neph to contact ISP and commit them convincing evidence.

Prince Simba
July 4th, 2005, 12:39 AM
*steps in*

wtf...?

Phantom, I quite sincerely hope that was a joke.

I agree with all of you who're saying that Neph is abused and slandered more than she should be. In my opinion, she's somebody we should all look up to because she knows how to state and stand by her opinions - even if nobody agrees at all. That's a wonderful quality in a person.

It is also my opinion that this should have either been posted, or posted with a bit more discreetly. I guess Neph did what she needed to do - Mufasa & Sarabi aren't around to hold our hands and this could've gone unanswered for a long time. Neph just brought it to our attention because there would've been talk no matter what. Better sooner than later, eh?

*steps out*

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 12:47 AM

PhantomBPR is being an immature, annoying and dirty pervert.

That I am, That I am.

Aurelian
July 4th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Hmm, seems that nobody read my posts, because I wrote that a page or two ago. =)

However, report his harasment to ISP is quite difficult in many ways. Really best way is report it to admins who can search database and track their talk to make right decission, even help Neph to contact ISP and commit them convincing evidence.

Lweek, that would be great, if anybody could contact our administrators. The only reason we know they are alive is because the webspace is still being payed for.

However, if Neph wanted to report him that badly, I think SimbaLKD, Neph's close freind, could help her. He knows about that kind of stuff.

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo

As for Phantom, I know he went through a tough period a few months back,

what exactly are you talking about, I mean sure I've been going through alot of stuff but did you mean something in paticular? :confused:

Xinithian
July 4th, 2005, 12:55 AM
If Phantom really was constantly harrasing Neph in such a manner, and refused to stop, the apropriate course of action would be for Nephilim to report him to his internet provider, and they would decide whether or not to cut his service. Woah, that's a little bit extreme. That's like a kid calling the police because of a silly elementary schoolfight.

The title of the topic of this thread explains why she made it. She couldn't report it to the mods (because they can't ban members), and the mods couldn't do anything about it (because they can't delete PM's), so the only way she could get him to stop is by a public thread. I'm not agreeing that this thread was the right thing to do, but it was one of the only ways she could deal with the issue.

Will I get banned for this? No, the only people that got banned were two hackers. There have been spammers and joke accounts banned, but that's it. There was a period of time that I thought I might've been banned, but either Mufasa was forgiving or they couldn't find anything that I did that violated the forum guidelines.

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 01:00 AM
My god, all this over a harmless little joke.

Lweek
July 4th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Roquivo: I see. That's bad situation. Did someone ask hosting company to deliver a message to domain owner or tell you contact? Many hosting companies here allow that.

BTW: domain is registered to "Rob Cannon". I know a TLK fan who have name Rob. He's from alaska I think, but I don't know surname. :)

LunarCat
July 4th, 2005, 03:50 AM
OO...........*cough*..................uhhmm....... .....don't understand the point of this...........

Sadiki
July 4th, 2005, 04:06 AM
what on earth is going on here.. *is all confused* I am not sure if Neph you should have made this thread. I can understand you are upset about it, but shouldn't you solve this trough PM's and after all he apology already, so shouldn't the case be closed?

Prince Simba
July 4th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Feeding the fire probably isn't the best thing to do right now, Sombolia. Flaming is only going to do two things: make you look bad and make everything worse.

I agree with STM. A mod should close and/or remove this thread from public view.

nafklt
July 4th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Yes agreed, frost on snow isn't the best thing. (Sorry, I had to do it... Chinese idioms are so mesmerizing...O.o)

Juniper
July 4th, 2005, 05:12 AM
First of all, I'm really enjoying this. Not taking sides, but thank you Neph, if at least for the interesting conversation going on :D

Secondly, I think this is a rather ingenious and entertaining way to deal with the lack of admins. I get the whole thing, the admins are gone and the mods can't do much, so you have to find a new way to get things settled. Kudos, I'll be sure to try this if I ever get pissed (And not many people here have seen me truly pissed :p )

I do see Neph's point, and agree for the most part. How would anyone like to be harrassed by another person? First of all, I'd feel humiliated that someone was saying that to me in public (If I was Neph), very annoyed, slightly creeped out, and very uncomfortable. Sexual harrassment, both in RL or on the internet, is very very serious. That being said, Phantom said he was sorry about 9 or so times and everyone ignored him. What more can he do? Let's throw him a bone and give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant no harm, made his mistake, and accepted responsibility. Hey, we're all human and all say things that probably weren't the best to say when we look back on it.

*Edit*
God, what is up with everyone wanting threads closed? I understand if it's spam, but we really need to let people solve their own problems. If the problem started in public, let's end it in public so that all the loose ends are tied up. If the problem starts in private, the forum doesn't wanna hear about it, so keep it between whoever's involved

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 05:33 AM
First off, PhantomBPR, unless you REALLY know a person in that sense if you will, I'd suggest you reevaluate your thoughts, and do things less impulsively.

Secondly, about this cursing business, perhaps if you'd want to curse, I suggest you use the asterisk, because the forums that I moderate, if you don't, I WILL edit it, and make sure that you do.

Thirdly, is this thread really absolutely necessary?

Mizani
July 4th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by SoniqueX
First off, PhantomBPR, unless you REALLY know a person in that sense if you will, I'd suggest you reevaluate your thoughts, and do things less impulsively.

Secondly, about this cursing business, perhaps if you'd want to curse, I suggest you use the asterisk, because the forums that I moderate, if you don't, I WILL edit it, and make sure that you do.

Thirdly, is this thread really absolutely necessary?
I agree with you Sonique, I really don't understand why this thread is here. If it has some reason to be here, then I don't mind but it has nothing that is of concern or interest to me, so I will just leave this thread.

Sombolia
July 4th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Okay, I deleted that post - but I wasn't flaming anyone. Sarcasm is my way of responding to things. I was merely saying that this thread definately wasn't the best way to solve the situation, especially since it was set up for "public ridicule". I, for one, didn't need to hear about it - nor what to hear about it. =P I do agree Phantom was being immature, but putting that immaturity up on a stage was not a mature way to handle it.

Juniper
July 4th, 2005, 06:12 AM
I think the bigger problem is that there really is no way to keep things under control on lea and no way to deal with situations like Neph's; so we have to deal with them in any way we can.

lion_roog
July 4th, 2005, 06:27 AM
When's a good time to start a Forum Mutiny?...:D

Sharifu
July 4th, 2005, 06:46 AM

:haha: It's ok, STM knows I love him. ;)

Why do you get to be Nala?!?!?! :( I don't wanna be the male... Haha XD

lion_roog
July 4th, 2005, 06:50 AM
:haha: It's ok, STM knows I love him. ;)

Why do you get to be Nala?!?!?! :( I don't wanna be the male... Haha XD

Cool...:cheese:

:haha:...I don't wanna be the male, either....I've been male all my life...and I've grown bored of it.....We both can be Nala...:rawr:....:D

Sharifu
July 4th, 2005, 07:03 AM
:lol: ... Or maybe I'll just stick with being the random lioness Sharifu. ;)

lion_roog
July 4th, 2005, 07:07 AM
:lol: ... Or maybe I'll just stick with being the random lioness Sharifu. ;)

:haha:...but Sharifu wasn't in TLK....But we can make our own version of TLK....;)

Sharifu
July 4th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Haha... She is the background lioness! :p

Oh my gosh... When I was at Brad and Eric's with STM a while back, Eric had this TLK book, and I was looking at it, and on one of the pages, had a lioness that looked like Sharifu!!! Well she had brown stripped ears!!! :p If I can get my hands on that book again, I will scan that page. :p

lion_roog
July 4th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Do iiiiiittt.....So you can show me proof...cuz right now I think that you're a crazy person that's just making stuff up...:D

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Sharifu
July 4th, 2005, 07:21 AM
I will... When I can borrow the book from Brad or Eric... Which I don't think will be for a while... XD

Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

???? :lol:

King Simba
July 4th, 2005, 07:22 AM
???? :lol:
More random randomness from Sonique me thinks. :lol:

lion_roog
July 4th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

:haha:...I have always wondered how they get the cinnamonny swirl into each bite......I'm guessing magic....which is also my explanation for those lights you can turn on and off by clapping....:D

lion_roog
July 4th, 2005, 07:26 AM
I will... When I can borrow the book from Brad or Eric... Which I don't think will be for a while... XD

I demand Satisfaction, Woman!!!!!..........purdy please....:D

Sharifu
July 4th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Haha sorry, I don't have the book myself, so what can I do??? :p

:haha:...I have always wondered how they get the cinnamonny swirl into each bite......

:lol:

Mabatu
July 4th, 2005, 07:33 AM
I'm going to be completely honest about my opinions here, because something needs to be done.

For quite a while now, i've been very unimpressed over the way 'PhantomBPR' behaves himself on here. Granted, even though he annoys me a lot, i knew he wasn't really breaking any rules, and was just one of those 'unpleasant' people you come across in life. But for him to start sexually harassing one of our members proves to me that he really should no longer be a member at Lea.

His words via PM don't really surprise me either. It's obvious he's got some kind of preoccupation with anything sex-related. Just look at his sig, and that thread he made about the 'lick' smilie for example. I don't care if it is all just in fun - it is not appropriate for this forum.

I'm certain PhantomBPR knows most of the stuff he says is unacceptable, but he continues to do whatever he wants because there are no admins to stop him. In one post of his which i've never forgotten, he said: "I thought Lea was a place where i could have a badass time". To me that sums up most of the stuff he has done. It bothers me because he thinks he can come to Lea, and say whatever he wants, without any respect to how anyone else might feel about it. But i know almost every other member here, including myself, always takes the time to make sure they are not being offensive toward anybody, and makes sure they show an adequate amount of respect. PhantomBPR continually ignores all of this, and his actions via PM top it off.

Tragically a few of the members here think he's a good member, they think he's funny and so on. I find him to be very immature and ignorant. It seems quite clear to me that he thinks he's something big around here. Ultimately i'd be happier if he would go.

Either leave, or sincerely show that he's sorry, and that he'll change, and actually stop being such a low-life.

I don't like being so harsh about this, but i am sick of how everyone at Lea admits there are problems with spam and so on, but never ever points fingers at the causes of the problems. If we make members such as 'PhantomBPR' welcome at Lea, then how can things ever improve? Phantom posts lot of spam, posts sexually-oriented things (even though most of it may not be highly sexual, it is unacceptable on a TLK board), and he also sexually harasses one of our members. Not to mention that he's never really shown any respect to the people that have been here for so long (i can accept that this is more of a personal opinion of mine on the matter, thus not really relevant). An example of why i think he's disrespectful would be when, in the thread about the spam problem, other members said there is too much spam, and he said he has the right to post whatever he wants. That's basically his attitude.

Where do we draw the line? I think 'PhantomBPR' has gone too far this time. If we decide it's ok for him to do all this stuff i've described, Lea will eventually turn into a very unpleasant place to come to.

And what's with the sudden randomness? Am i the only one who actually thinks this is a big problem? :confused:

lion_roog
July 4th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I'll have to agree with Mabatu. Not that I wish for Phantom to leave, but that he needs to realize that some things can go too far. To be honest, the thing about being a "badass" and such didn't really bother me, but that PM sure did. I don't know if you were joking or not, but either way that PM was really disrespectful. You treat a Lady with the upmost respect. It's one thing to flirt and/or joke around, but it's another thing when you cross the line.

Sharifu
July 4th, 2005, 08:17 AM
I don't know if you were joking or not, but either way that PM was really disrespectful. You treat a Lady with the upmost respect. It's one thing to flirt and/or joke around, but it's another thing when you cross the line.

*nods* Well said Jeff. I totally agree.

Mizani
July 4th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Okay, so I lied. I'm posting again on this thread but only to say this.

I agree with Mabatu that Phantom crossed the line and that if he can't change is attitude then well, leaving is an option that most people will want.
I also agree and disagree that randomness is a problem.
Yes, it is a problem because it clogs up threads and it doesn't make sense to most people.
Besides people, there is a randomness thread (actually two) that is very un-used right now, so I suggest you take unnecessary randomness out of threads that don't need them.

lion_roog
July 4th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Yeah, but apparently I am not allowed to go off on random tangents about music in the Random thread...:p

But seriously, I have noticed the randomness being a little too much, too....If I am random it's because that's how I would really reply in an actual conversation....usually it's me going off on a tangent from the main conversation....:D

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 08:58 AM
hmm.. gotta agree with mabatu :D:D

Mizani
July 4th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, but apparently I am not allowed to go off on random tangents about music in the Random thread...:p
Hey, I liked Fred the Flamingo!:lol:
But the music convo wasn't very random, so it wasn't relevent but the Flamingo thing was so it was....well...on topic.

Nephilim
July 4th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Thank you, Mabatu; that's the point I wanted to get across. :hugs:

Naming no names, I do think I had every right to make this thread, as I said in the title. We have no admins active, and I know mods can't do anything. I've been annoyed at his attitude for sometime now, and this just crossed the line. Hell, he deserves this thread, and while I posted it in a humourous mannor to some extent, sexual harrassment online is creepy, no matter the scale of it. I was upset, I did what I needed to. End of.

And Roviquo, stop making judgments about me. You "Neph is the type of person to do this, and that" post really really eff me off, and no, I would not make such a comment about a friend in a dress. Ever. ??;

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 11:08 AM
hmm.. maybe roq say that you to because there's something annoy him like You and Phantom..
and Neph, try to find something that you buggin Roquivo
and Phantom.. For me and for lea sake, Please Change your attitude and you just cross the line.. look like you Play fool with me.. :D
and Neph Public Humiliation doesn't work :p i tried once but hehe...
:ayecapn:

Nephilim
July 4th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Guntur
and Neph, try to find something that you buggin Roquivo

What the Hell did you just say? :confused:

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 11:17 AM
haha i know that was the answer:p
maybe he doesnt like your attitude.. in some way:D

la_reina
July 4th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Wow, Neph, chill...

Nephilim
July 4th, 2005, 11:19 AM
haha i know that was the answer:p
maybe he doesnt like your attitude.. in some way:D

Obviously. We don't get on, end of.

Lion King Stu
July 4th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Don't tell her to chill the sooner she gets everything off her chest about this the sooner we can hopefully have of getting back to normal.

I have my own opinions about this but I'm gonna keep quiet about them because most of the thing I would have said have already been stated by Neph and Matabu; and would be pointless to be brought up again.

Fully backing you two either way cause its the truth.

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Can i ask you one question?
Why Do you make this thread???

la_reina
July 4th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
Don't tell her to chill the sooner she gets everything off her chest about this the sooner we can hopefully have of getting back to normal.

I have my own opinions about this but I'm gonna keep quiet about them because most of the thing I would have said have already been stated by Neph and Matabu; and would be pointless to be brought up again.

Fully backing you two either way cause its the truth.

I mean, I only told her that becuase there are politer ways of asking a person to repeat a sentence.

Nalinda
July 4th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Mabatu
I'm going to be completely honest about my opinions here, because something needs to be done.

For quite a while now, i've been very unimpressed over the way 'PhantomBPR' behaves himself on here. Granted, even though he annoys me a lot, i knew he wasn't really breaking any rules, and was just one of those 'unpleasant' people you come across in life. But for him to start sexually harassing one of our members proves to me that he really should no longer be a member at Lea.

His words via PM don't really surprise me either. It's obvious he's got some kind of preoccupation with anything sex-related. Just look at his sig, and that thread he made about the 'lick' smilie for example. I don't care if it is all just in fun - it is not appropriate for this forum.

I'm certain PhantomBPR knows most of the stuff he says is unacceptable, but he continues to do whatever he wants because there are no admins to stop him. In one post of his which i've never forgotten, he said: "I thought Lea was a place where i could have a badass time". To me that sums up most of the stuff he has done. It bothers me because he thinks he can come to Lea, and say whatever he wants, without any respect to how anyone else might feel about it. But i know almost every other member here, including myself, always takes the time to make sure they are not being offensive toward anybody, and makes sure they show an adequate amount of respect. PhantomBPR continually ignores all of this, and his actions via PM top it off.

Tragically a few of the members here think he's a good member, they think he's funny and so on. I find him to be very immature and ignorant. It seems quite clear to me that he thinks he's something big around here. Ultimately i'd be happier if he would go.

Either leave, or sincerely show that he's sorry, and that he'll change, and actually stop being such a low-life.

I don't like being so harsh about this, but i am sick of how everyone at Lea admits there are problems with spam and so on, but never ever points fingers at the causes of the problems. If we make members such as 'PhantomBPR' welcome at Lea, then how can things ever improve? Phantom posts lot of spam, posts sexually-oriented things (even though most of it may not be highly sexual, it is unacceptable on a TLK board), and he also sexually harasses one of our members. Not to mention that he's never really shown any respect to the people that have been here for so long (i can accept that this is more of a personal opinion of mine on the matter, thus not really relevant). An example of why i think he's disrespectful would be when, in the thread about the spam problem, other members said there is too much spam, and he said he has the right to post whatever he wants. That's basically his attitude.

Where do we draw the line? I think 'PhantomBPR' has gone too far this time. If we decide it's ok for him to do all this stuff i've described, Lea will eventually turn into a very unpleasant place to come to.

And what's with the sudden randomness? Am i the only one who actually thinks this is a big problem? :confused:

I completely agree with you Mabatu. Very well said.
And actually, it's very true the thing about the randomness. It might be fun and stuff, but leave it in the threads for it. It can be quite annoying reading like 30 posts with just random spam when actually the thread is about something completely different.

Nephilim
July 4th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Can i ask you one question?
Why Do you make this thread???

Maybe you should read my previous posts.

Mizani
July 4th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Nalinda
I completely agree with you Mabatu. Very well said.
And actually, it's very true the thing about the randomness. It might be fun and stuff, but leave it in the threads for it. It can be quite annoying reading like 30 posts with just random spam when actually the thread is about something completely different.
I posted earlier about this;)

Nalinda
July 4th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Oh, sorry Miz. I guess I'm to lazy to read everything :p

Mizani
July 4th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Yea, I couldn't be bothered reading the second page:lol:

Sharifu
July 4th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Naming no names, I do think I had every right to make this thread, as I said in the title. We have no admins active, and I know mods can't do anything. I've been annoyed at his attitude for sometime now, and this just crossed the line. Hell, he deserves this thread, and while I posted it in a humourous mannor to some extent, sexual harrassment online is creepy, no matter the scale of it. I was upset, I did what I needed to. End of.

I think Neph had every right to make this topic... As for the reasons she said. I like Neph, and I respect her. Obviously, PhantomBPR did not. :disagree:

IchLiebeNALA
July 4th, 2005, 03:59 PM
wow, it looks like this topic has caused quite a bit of controvosy...

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Ive seen worse and I agree that Neph had the right to make this thread.

TakaTiger
July 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
I think Neph had every right to make this topic... As for the reasons she said. I like Neph, and I respect her. Obviously, PhantomBPR did not. :disagree:

I must agree here:ayecapn:

la_reina
July 4th, 2005, 04:16 PM

Well yeah, what Phantom did was really immature, and I hate how some guys just don't get it when you tell them to leave you alone :mad:

What he SHOULD do is apologize, unless he enjoys being humiliated this way.

And I know Neph is pissed, I'd would be too, but she should just take her anger out on the people who angered her, not others, unless they're contradicting her.

King Simba
July 4th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Well seeing as Neph received those type of PMs from Phantom, I must also agree with Sharifu. Also, seeing what content those PMs included, that also makes it more understandable.

Monai
July 4th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Here, I have to give my support fully to Neph and Mabatu, but also to Roog and Sharifu, I don't really have to say much else.

Nephilim
July 4th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by la_reina
And I know Neph is pissed, I'd would be too, but she should just take her anger out on the people who angered her, not others, unless they're contradicting her.

Huh? :p Who else did I take my anger out on?

IchLiebeNALA
July 4th, 2005, 05:07 PM

well, not me that's for sure.

la_reina
July 4th, 2005, 05:10 PM

Well, maybe it wasn't anger, but you could have found a nicer way to ask Guntur what he
was saying, that's all=D

Juniper
July 4th, 2005, 06:55 PM
What Phantom posted, and even more so, what he PMed, was sexual harrassment. Now that I know more of what he said, I dunno, I just can't have any other opinion than to say that we just can't have members like that on our forum. Now, for whatever reason, some people here don't get along with Neph (Which I don't see why that is), but get along with her or not, we should have her back on this one and not let someone harrass her. Remember how everyone said Lea was a family way back when there weren't 600 members? (November-ish) I'm not family with most of the new members, many other members feel that way too, but I am still a lot closer to a lot of the older members, and family sticks together. That means that we have eachother's back if one of us needs it. If someone came up to me and said that crap, I'd be pissed. I don't think there's a person here that would be happy to let someone harrass them like that. Phantom is not the victim here.

But, Phantom, bud, all is not lost. You're in a lot of trouble and some people are even talking about having you banned and I have to agree that I think that would be best. You're not banned yet though. If I were you, I'd use my time wisely and try to gain back our trust and respect; it will be hard, it will take more than an apology, and it [i]isn't[i] guaranteed that you'll be able to do so, but you do still have the chance. I'd start by regaining Neph's respect and gaining forgiveness from her. Good luck.

I do agree with Mabatu to a point. I personally think Phantom needs to go (A bit different from my first post, yes, but things have come up since then and now I have more info). I don't, however, think we need to start pointing out individuals who are the spammers or unnecessarily random. (If I understood Mabatu correctly) We already know who they are, and it'll probably just turn into a witch hunt. I already know that there's at least a few people here who would like to see me go, I couldn't care less. I personally have people here that I'm not fond of. Trouble is, we're gonna have the issue of people just saying "This person is part of the problem", whatever that problem is, and have people all over them. Every person here has people who like them and people who don't like them, for whatever reason, and the popularity contest will come into play. We may back up the people who are the real problem because a few members will defend them no matter what the situation, and we may tear down the people who really aren't the problem but not as many people like them. If you guys haven't noticed, it's mostly the younger members of the forum that are the spammers. Now, that's just a rule of thumb, not set in stone, there's some great younger members and some older members who are spammers (younger/older referring to both age and seniority). Why is it that the younger members spam more? They're young and having fun in their own way.

There has to be a compromise between the two groups; I don't like the randomness on the forum, some other member genuinely think it's fun. Because there's no admins for the forum right now, howabout the members who love randomness just all get together and make their own forum. If anyone needs help with Invision Powerboards (setting them up), I'd be happy to help set one up for you. Then you can be as random as you want on that forum and the members of lea who don't like spam are happy too, as long as you keep it off here. Or, the members who don't like spam could make/move to another forum and have all the great conversations we want to have without the annoyance of "OMG!!11Qq I'M A TOENAIL!!1!.!>" every post. The real Leahalalela is the people on it, not the forum software or the Night Sky theme; we'd be the same forum no matter where we were. Hell, everyone here could go to another forum, we'd be the exact same, have MODERATION (Admins that are here and mods that can do something), and we'd be able to solve issues like this. I would throw in 20 bucks a month for webspace if it meant that much to people (Though I'd probably pay yearly). That doesn't mean we have to leave of course, I wasn't saying we should or shouldn't, just throwing another option on the table to get people thinking. My point is, we're aren't this damn vBulletin Board, we're Leahalalela, the group of friends.

LunarCat
July 4th, 2005, 06:59 PM
i sense tension....

well, my opinion on the topic, is that all this is going to do is make someone leave. Personally, i don't know Phantom nor Neph very well. SO i don't take sides, and i write the following in general terms.

Respect-Respect is needed between two people and/or a group of people in order for them to get along. If there is a sign of disrespect, one needs to have the ability to apologize AND one needs to have the ability to forgive.

I also believe this is a private matter, and in my opinion should have been kept between the two people. However, it is a good way to show what needs to be kept at all times, respect.

EDIT: I believe that noone NEEDS to leave. It should be there choice and not ours. However as it seems the way some of us are replying we just might force them to leave which I do not wish to witness.
People can change, all it takes is time and patience.

unregistered user
July 4th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Seeing as how Neph had no way to get a hold of Mufasa or Sarabi (who could do something about the problem at hand privately) and seeing that even if she did tell a mod, we couldn't do anything about it.

If someone started harrassing oyu on a street corner, would you just ignor eit and walk on, or would you do somehting about it if you could?

Well, I congrats Neph on her decision. Something like sexual harrassment NEEDS to be brought to attention. It's a crime for goodness sake <<

Xinithian
July 4th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
If the PM system can't be used responsibly, it may have to be removed; that's what we've done on other sites that I'm a mod/admin of. However most people can use it responsibly... It can't be removed. That's the problem. The admins aren't here, so nothing can be done to remove it.

Lweek
July 4th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I spent many years to admin similar comunity site, and got a lot of experince with similar events. All of them was solved in peace and to suited both.

People cannot judge by first look. Yes, this looks like harrasment but it's maybe not so bad as it looks. If you say he's guilty without any close look, it's like in middle age. This really have to be solve privately and if admins are not accessible, you can ask moderators to help somehow. She have to prove that he did harrassment and he can apologize.

However, that's is REALLY NOT OUR BUSINESS to judge. In my eyes, this is vulgar, stupid and moral-less and everyone who judge without prove may blush. And really no matter if admins can react or not. Again, it's not our business.

Lweek
July 4th, 2005, 11:19 PM
And about remove services. This is mostly easiest way, but if it's right solution it's very discutabble. If I'm admin I would update PM to make it more useabble. For example they include some optional "word filter" to prove such messages. Again, IMHO, removing services is no really inteligent solution, but easiest.

Dare
July 4th, 2005, 11:39 PM
People always have the option of disabling their own individual PMs so that no one can PM you...and they also have the option of Ignoring people.
It wouldn't be fair to remove the PM feature...at least not from all of us. Why punish everyone for the crime of one?
I'm not sure if there's a way to individually go in and remove one person's PM privs though...I'm not familiar with the admin functions of vBulletin.

Juniper
July 5th, 2005, 12:53 AM

However, that's is REALLY NOT OUR BUSINESS to judge. In my eyes, this is vulgar, stupid and moral-less and everyone who judge without prove may blush. And really no matter if admins can react or not. Again, it's not our business.

How is it not our business? Neph came to us, in her own way, with a sexual harrassment problem. Neph found a way to solve the problem by making sure something (the posts, not the person) creepy and perverted was known to the entire forum. Now that we know, it's the jobs of the mods and the members themselves to decide what kind of forum we want. Do we want a forum that is harrassing? Do we want a forum that welcome sexually oriented material? Is this the kind of actions we want on a forum with friggin' kids? This isn't a matter of an annoyance or a personal squabble, it's worse.

I'm bad at explaining what I mean sometimes, so I'll use an example. If someone comes up to you and tells you that someone they hardly know felt them up after they repeatedly told them to go away, would you tell them that it's not your business? Would you say the same thing to the people of the community if there was a court hearing? Would you tell the courts themselves that it wasn't their business? What if that someone that was abused was in your family? I consider neph part of a broad extended family (internet family :p), and I look out for family. Thus, it's my business.

Lion King Stu
July 5th, 2005, 12:55 AM
well Lweek hes got ya there pretty much i think dude.
Well said Pnt that was explained quite well ;) kudos to ya.
I don't want a forum like that..smutty

unregistered user
July 5th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Pnt explained it perfectly. I must say that Lea has become a very sad place if our mindset is 'It's none of our business'. Sexual Harassment is a CRIME!

Frankly I think Lea is WAY too sensitive of other people's feelings. Sometimes that can be a good thing, but for a while now it has really been a nuisance. And when it gets to the point that people are worried more about the suspect(Phantom) than the victim(Neph).. I must say I'm very sickened! It disturbs me, it seriously does.

Get a backbone, that's my message to this forum. It's a great quality to care about others, but not to this point. Seriously. Pnt made a great point a while back about this actually. That he had to write 'I didn't mean any offense to anyone on a personal level' or something to that effect after each of his posts.

We shouldn't have to do that. All things in moderation, even kindness, as this thread has proven <<

Edit: *edited for spelling errors*

Prince Simba
July 5th, 2005, 06:22 AM
While it's agreeable that it's everybody's business, I don't see why we're arguing about whose business it is and why we're not arguing about what to do about all this. Then again, the only problem with that is that Lea is technically in a state of anarchy.

Perhaps we should create a peoples' government in Mufasa & Sarabi's absence and lay down our own laws or something.

It is generally agreed that sexual harassment is a crime. Crime merits punishment.

Perhaps the mods should get together and discuss this. I would suggest a punishment system based upon the severity of a crime. I've only tested vBulletin before and I don't know exactly what powers Mufasa has given the mods, but surely they can do something.

If things start to get really bad, it might be possible to contact the admins. Now I don't know if any of this information is up to date, but a WHOIS lookup of leahalalela.com gives addresses & a couple phone numbers. Out of privacy and respect, I'm not going to post any info here, but if anybody's interested they could try to contact Mufasa and/or Sarabi.

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/whois.asp

Just type in leahalalela and then on the next page type in the antispam confirmation.

nafklt
July 5th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Hey cool... I wonder if Mufasa still lives in Langley, I live like 20 minutes from him..:P

unregistered user
July 5th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc
Pnt explained it perfectly. I must say that Lea has become a very sad place if our mindset is 'It's none of our business'. Sexual Harassment is a CRIME!

Yes. like Pnt and Ravoc says: Sexual Harrasment is a CRIME...:cheese:

Ruska
July 5th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Amused much.

No, not really any of my concern since I don't come here so often anymore. Online Drama!!111!!

unregistered user
July 5th, 2005, 09:57 AM
yes.. and Free Pop Corn :D

Ruska
July 5th, 2005, 10:06 AM
yes.. and Free Pop Corn :D

Dude. Not cool. </spam>

Lion King Stu
July 5th, 2005, 10:50 AM
yeh sorry Zack dude you Spam way to much dude...and its not a very good idea spaming in this thred since well its got nowt to do with the situation....and its not funny.
Srry bro but Ruska is right. Not kool bro...not kool.

Mizani
July 5th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by pntbll248
There has to be a compromise between the two groups; I don't like the randomness on the forum, some other member genuinely think it's fun. Because there's no admins for the forum right now, howabout the members who love randomness just all get together and make their own forum. If anyone needs help with Invision Powerboards (setting them up), I'd be happy to help set one up for you. Then you can be as random as you want on that forum and the members of lea who don't like spam are happy too, as long as you keep it off here. Or, the members who don't like spam could make/move to another forum and have all the great conversations we want to have without the annoyance of "OMG!!11Qq I'M A TOENAIL!!1!.!>" every post.
Well most of my randomness is actually spur of the moment stuff, so I wouldn't go on a forum just to spam. There are however (as I mentioned earlier) TWO threads that are made for the exact purpose of spam and randomness. I don't know why people don't use them. I thought Utora's thread that had no topic should be used for spammers and people who have bouts of randomness.

IchLiebeNALA
July 5th, 2005, 12:17 PM
i'll be honest, my forum is a place for randomness.

see my profile if you want the address

EDIT: I just thought i'd say i'm not taking this as a place to advertise, but i just think that the randomness should be kept for appropiate places.

Mizani
July 5th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
i'll be honest, my forum is a place for randomness.

see my profile if you want the address

EDIT: I just thought i'd say i'm not taking this as a place to advertise, but i just think that the randomness should be kept for appropiate places.
Yes, I was just about to suggest that Dan.:D
I agree that Dan's forum is a good place for a random convosation with people about things unrelated to TLK. What do you expect from a place called "Anything Goes" forum?;)

IchLiebeNALA
July 5th, 2005, 12:54 PM
and if you do decide to register, vote for Lucy in the Admin Polls ;)

(that be Lucy Lioness, but she isnt registered as that on the forum)

ChildOfThePride
July 5th, 2005, 01:06 PM
You know what? You guys don't even know if Phantom's joking or not, and Neph was COMPLETELY wrong in posting this thread. God, that sickens me. How do you know he's a pervert and not just joking around?

Let me explain. Phantom MAY have Asperger's Syndrome, a condition under the umbrella of autism. This disorder (I'm about 90% sure I have it) isn't as bad as autism, but they often have a different sense of humor or way of dealing with things than others.

Take me for example. I tend to take death very lightly. If it's someone I know, I'll be polite and not make jokes or if it was a tragic accident (like that one Mission Space kid), but if it's something that's too freaking ironic (like the guy in the Pluto costume) I'm gonna laugh my butt off.

I don't know if that's the way Phantom is (only substitute 'sexual harrassment' with 'death'), but I pretty much guarantee he was joking.

I found nothing wrong with the PM, which iether means I'm a huge frigging idiot, or you all are overreacting.

Mabatu
July 5th, 2005, 01:26 PM
It really doesn't matter about whether this was a joke, and whether 'Phantom' himself thought it was serious or not. The point is, sexual harrassment is not acceptable anywhere, and especially not acceptable on a TLK board. 'Phantom' could claim to have Asperger's syndrome all he likes, but this is the internet, and for all i know that could be a lie.

If suddenly it was ok for people to break the rules, as long as they say they only do it because they have Asperger's, then how would Lea end up? :confused:

Besides, i know of a few other members who also claim to have Asperger's (and i have no reason to doubt them), including you ChildOfThePride, but nobody has ever behaved like 'Phantom' has. If they can control themselves, then there's no reason why 'Phantom' can't either.

Btw, if it was unclear before, i think Nephilim's decision to make this public was a great decision. There was no other way to deal with this situation, since there are no admins available. And now we all know what 'Phantom' is truly like, and can decide whether we really want to know a person like him.

This thread has existed for a while, and so far he hasn't tried to sincerely apologise to anyone, so i think it's clear what kind of person he is.

IchLiebeNALA
July 5th, 2005, 01:28 PM
well, maybe he saw it as a joke, and doesnt feel the need to apologise

EDIT: I think it was:

Hey Neph, if you didn't like it why didn't you say something, it was a joke I meant nothing against you if you took it that way, jeez I thought you were someone I could joke with.

ChildOfThePride
July 5th, 2005, 01:31 PM
As it was a self-diagnosis, I'm not entirely sure on how AS affects other people. Had I been DX'd by a doctor, I would have probably asked if it affected other people different ways.

unregistered user
July 5th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Child of the pride, I dont think you are a friggin idiot.

If Neph was upset by this which she clearly states, I agree with her making this thread since there isnt much else she can do.

Let say I would PM someone and keep going joke or not until he/she was upset about it.

Sure he/she can put me on ignore but that wouldn't not change the fact that I would still be around even if that person doesnt see me.

Now when Neph made this thread, she made it so we could see what had happened so we would know about it.

So we could judge Phantom and see what he had to say.

Lets say this was a class and it was real persons and someone was being harrassed wouldnt you want to know about it so you could see if it was just a joke (a strange one at that) or that we have someone among us who harasses people. I for one would like to know that.

I usually only make sence to myself but hey if you understood what I meant good for you.

ChildOfThePride
July 5th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I gotcha.

Maybe I overreacted a bit, I tend to do that sometimes. I guess I just get mad when I think people are jumping down someone's throat.

And that frigging idiot thing was just an exaggeration. :cool:

IchLiebeNALA
July 5th, 2005, 02:00 PM
hehe, of course it was COTP *pets COTP* jk :p

nathalie
July 5th, 2005, 02:05 PM
@ IchLiebeNALA: we do know now you also have a forum ;) Don't need to advertise it so many times.

(I don't wanna sound rude or anything)

IchLiebeNALA
July 5th, 2005, 02:07 PM
hehe, it's fine Nathalie. you didnt sound rude

Lweek
July 5th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Sorry for my reactions, but I'm gettig sick of this thread. This is not good for anyone even Neph or Phantom. Harasment is a crime, but we have't be sure it's reall harassment and we don't know how much is Neph injured. Actualy she's seems to be like a person who doesn't care much about how feel others, but I don't know. I will not judge her, I don't know her. And that's the point. Anyway, Phantom say his sorry and it's most important. We don't know nothing about what really happened and that's why we cannot judge. That what Phantom wrote in PM was bad joke, you all are right but this kind of topic can force him to make suicide or something if he's mentaly weak somehow. Is it really what you like? Is it?? Oh men, let's go stop to play about liberty, nor George Bush who allow throw bombs to civilians in name of blind liberty. Jeezz!

Nephilim
July 5th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
You know what? You guys don't even know if Phantom's joking or not, and Neph was COMPLETELY wrong in posting this thread. God, that sickens me. How do you know he's a pervert and not just joking around?

I find this kinda funny. By your logic, it's okay for me to go down to the street and rape a child. It's okay, I'm not pervereted; I'm just joking around. Somehow I think not. ^^

For example, you're friends with Suki. Afasik, she's had problems with people being mean to her IRL. I'm sure they do/did it as a joke and to be funny, but does that really make it okay?

Let me explain. Phantom MAY have Asperger's Syndrome, a condition under the umbrella of autism. This disorder (I'm about 90% sure I have it) isn't as bad as autism, but they often have a different sense of humor or way of dealing with things than others

Whether or not he has that disorder, that's still not a good excuse for his behaviour.

LWeek.

Actualy she's seems to be like a person who doesn't care much about how feel others, but I don't know.

Now that is a really horrible thing to say...

Vidan
July 5th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I agree with a few posters that perhaps this wasn't the appropriate first step for Nephilim to make in dealing with this problem. I have no idea if she contacted any of the moderators before posting this thread; I would always recommend that prior to posting a private matter publicly.

However, given that our attempts to get PhantomBPR to use more discretion on this forum have been only partially successful, I would have supported her posting this thread as a last resort.

Now that the thread is here, though, let's stick to the facts. Nephilim received some PM's which she felt to be inappropriate. It's obvious that she's mad about it. I don't understand how people can call her insensitive and mean it. It's her very sensitivity that led her to create this thread in the first place. I'm sure she doesn't want this happening to anyone else, so she chose to take the most direct route. Maybe she could have chosen a more private route first, but what's done is done. Let's focus on the intent of her message, not the words.

Oh men, let's go stop to play about liberty, nor George Bush who allow throw bombs to civilians in name of blind liberty. Jeezz!

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here, but it has no place in the current conversation and strikes me as insensitive considering it's the day after the US' Independance Day (4th July).

Iestyn
July 5th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Optional word filters are hard to implement, and even then, people could go around the filters easily.
Not only that, but word filters only stop the word being shown, they don't take the word out completely. So the reader still knows what they intended to say.

Vidan
July 5th, 2005, 04:05 PM
If we wanted to impliment any disciplinary action for inappropriate PM's, I think disallowing the individual offending member from using the PM service would be adequate, after a certain amount of times being reported.

ChildOfThePride
July 5th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I find this kinda funny. By your logic, it's okay for me to go down to the street and rape a child. It's okay, I'm not pervereted; I'm just joking around. Somehow I think not. ^^

For example, you're friends with Suki. Afasik, she's had problems with people being mean to her IRL. I'm sure they do/did it as a joke and to be funny, but does that really make it okay?

Whether or not he has that disorder, that's still not a good excuse for his behaviour.

Now that is a really horrible thing to say...

Okay, maybe I didn't get the point across half as well. I tend to be a bit unclear sometimes.

As long as they don't act on it, it's fine with me.

And in the case of Suki, well, that's not exactly the topic posted in the thread, so I won't discuss it.

Lweek
July 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM
It may not be 'intelligent' to remove it, but if people can't use it responsibly, do they deserve to have the privilege?

Optional word filters are hard to implement, and even then, people could go around the filters easily.

Nope. It isn't so hard. At least for me. :) Word filter can do more .. it can deny send message if it include more than one or two of bad words .. it can event test sample sestences etc. Even, you can implement ignore list which is the best solution IMHO.

One of programmer motto says that "enemy of programmer is user". But there are many good ways how to force users use serveices responsible. Validators and access rules .. that's are most powerfull tools for programmers. :)

unregistered user
July 5th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Oh men, let's go stop to play about liberty, nor George Bush who allow throw bombs to civilians in name of blind liberty. Jeezz!

I agree with Woes that your comment was quite offensive and has no place in the current topic at all. Back off of America bub ;)

IchLiebeNALA
July 5th, 2005, 05:17 PM
i personally think that this thread is getting totally out of hand now. it has totally diverted off the original topic and has turned into a slanging match against america (no offence Lweek)

Lweek
July 5th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Now that is a really horrible thing to say... [/B]

That's my judge .. on first look. Is it sound horrible? Now you know how Phantom could feel.

To all:
I'm going to leave this topic because I feel I'm going be too much engaged and I wont. Sorry for I wrote. Enjoy 4th, Independance day and please don't vote Bush again. :)

EDIT: typos

Lion King Stu
July 5th, 2005, 05:38 PM
yeah but unlike you Neph wasn't saying from a first view she had experience on him.

Have you ever spoken to Neph then maybe you will actually know she does care.

nathalie
July 5th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I will not judge her, I don't know her. And that's the point.

He also said this, after that other thing he said.

Nalinda
July 5th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I'm personally VERY tired of this thread.
Obviously we all think in our ways and are not coming anywhere with this. What's the use of lettin' this get off topic as everything else? (ooh sorry.. really)
The best way to solve this problem would be for Phantom to realise that he's made a big mistake and tell Neph he's done wrong and make an apology. (If he don't already have). I mean it's a big mistake too harass someone. Then I hope Phantom can stop with these sexual crimes. It's REALLY not funny.
And some kind of disorder is NO excuse to harass someone.
This is a big mistake of Phantom. I think you should try to realise what you have done and STOP doing it. It's NOT funny.

Lion King Stu
July 5th, 2005, 05:53 PM
ah god I'm getting fed up of this thred so I'm gonna stay out of it from now on

LunarCat
July 5th, 2005, 06:01 PM
:( this thread brings sadness to my heart. All it seems to bring is pain.

Nalinda
July 5th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Sadness is a thing every human-being gotta learn to deal with. The only thing we/phantom/neph or/and mufasa, sarabi can do is try to solve this. Or forget about it.

Nephilim
July 5th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I'm personally VERY tired of this thread.
Obviously we all think in our ways and are not coming anywhere with this. What's the use of lettin' this get off topic as everything else? (ooh sorry.. really)
The best way to solve this problem would be for Phantom to realise that he's made a big mistake and tell Neph he's done wrong and make an apology. (If he don't already have). I mean it's a big mistake too harass someone. Then I hope Phantom can stop with these sexual crimes. It's REALLY not funny.
And some kind of disorder is NO excuse to harass someone.
This is a big mistake of Phantom. I think you should try to realise what you have done and STOP doing it. It's NOT funny.

Thank you. :)

I made this thread to get help, but I suppose I should of expected to be attacked by some.

... oh well.

Sharifu
July 5th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Really, why are some of you supporting PhantomBPR? Neph did nothing wrong. Phantom was harassing her, and obviously had no respect for her, to talk to her in that manner. And we see what he is really like.

Sure he can apologize and such, and we may forgive him. But he deserved this thread. There was no excuse for him to talk to her like that.

King Simba
July 5th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Neph made this thread to really receive back-up and support from other members because of the PMs she was receiving. I agree, she never did anything wrong and was just trying to bring this incident to more attention to her fellow members.

Phantom shouldn't have been sending PMs out like that anyway; not only to Neph but to anybody. Neph has every right to make a thread especially if it needs to be brought to attention.

</rant>

Aurelian
July 5th, 2005, 10:30 PM
I don't side with Phantom, as he did somthing stupid, and is getting what he had coming. As I said before, I do not plan to walk away from him, but I will certainly be more weary.

However, as much as I am against sexual harrasment, I can't feel totally sympathetic from Neph. I believe KS is wrong to say Neph has done nothing wrong. It isn't like she has never harrased people before. Before you go and say it isn't true, I can think of AT LEAST 4 instances when there were major arguements here stemming from thoughtless comments Neph made that caused sombody to jump on her. She may have sensitivity, but she does a good job hiding it. But anyway, that doesn't matter, as this thread isn't about that. As for the thread itself, I don't like the idea, but I guess Neph didn't have much other choice.

Oh, and I found the comment about Aspergers syndrome untrue. I have Asperger's, and it has never led me to constantly harass people. All it does if give me mood swings that can be compared to a woman bareing a child.

Sharifu
July 5th, 2005, 10:36 PM
I believe KS is wrong to say Neph has done nothing wrong.

Well, what has she done wrong in this topic?

Simba '04
July 5th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I'm personally VERY tired of this thread...

if you are sooo tired of this thread then why do you even post in it? I say stay out of it if you don't want to be bothered by it ;)

Enjoy 4th, Independance day and please don't vote Bush again. :)

ummmm...:confused:, we can't vote for Bush again :idiot:, he has served his two terms unfortunately :(, I'd vote for him again if he could run for president again...but I'm going to be quiet now becuase this is off topic and bashing a president is kind of really stupid because you are bashing YOUR leader...thats all :)

Aurelian
July 5th, 2005, 10:43 PM
I never said she did anything wrong is this thread. She was the victim here. That is why I am not jumping on her. I am just saying that the victim it is a position she doesn't often take, and that she HAS been the instigator on more then one occasion.

unregistered user
July 6th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Oh my.....what drama. O_O

Well, I'm just going to say that I am sticking beside my best friend Neph on this, and I could careless if people think I'm a suck-up, butt-kisser, etc. =P

She's an incredible friend, and I like her very very much.

Ok, I'm done here. *walks away with hands in pockets*

Mizani
July 6th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Okay, people my opinion.
Neph was right to make this thread, thank you Neph.
Phantom, you should say sorry and clean your act up even if you were only joking.
Okay, I'm gonna follow LKS's lead and stay away from this thread.

nafklt
July 6th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
:( this thread brings sadness to my heart. All it seems to bring is pain.

Dittoness... all this discussion will cause is more destruction than amendment...:(

Nalinda
July 6th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04
if you are sooo tired of this thread then why do you even post in it? I say stay out of it if you don't want to be bothered by it ;)

Just because I'm tired of this thread and this problem doesn't mean that I dont wanna be a part of solving it out, or see if it will ever be.

Juniper
July 6th, 2005, 08:10 PM
I'm going be too much engaged and I wont. Sorry for I wrote. Enjoy 4th, Independance day and please don't vote Bush again. :)

You aren't American, I don't tell you how to deal with your leaders, don't even try to tell us how to deal with ours. I don't like the man personally, but your anti-American garbage was sickening, off topic, and uncalled for. Some people may have been nice about telling you to back off, but I won't.

I don't see how some people can call Neph rude, mean, or otherwise wrong for this thread. Have some people forgotten that she is a person and does have feelings? And have some people forgotten that anyone would be irritated, sickened, angered, and hurt if they got those kinds of PMs? Okay, say you didn't know Phantom and he sent you those PMs and posted those posts, would you be upbeat about it or would you be pissed? I'd say that 99% of the people here would be pissed; isn't Nephilim entitled to the same feelings when someone acts like that? Isn't she also entitled to make Phantom stop, even if it takes making the issue public? This isn't a matter of playing the victim; just because Neph is strong willed and not sensitive whiner doesn't mean that she should react any different to sexual harrassment. Is this a matter of not liking her? Seems like the people who have a problem with her on the forum in general also have a problem with her in this thread.

And, on a side note, I am sick and tired of this "Asperger's Syndrome" as a cop-out for anything that anyone does wrong. How many people here who claim to have it have a clinical diagnosis? And even if they do, that's no reason to behave how some people behave on this forum. I have an anger problem that I've been going to a therapist for, does that entitle me to beat the crap out of someone? No. Is it even a good excuse? Absolutely not. If I were to slit someone's throat because they pissed me off, I'd go to jail and I may even be executed. My point is, it's my responsibility to deal with my problems and not expect to get out of everything because I have a problem. If a person is so incapable of controlling their emotions, regardless of why that may be, then they need professional help in a facility designed to deal with this sort of problem while they work through it. I don't have anything against anyone with Asperger's Syndrome, but using a mental condition to get out of any trouble someone gets in, and even make it look like the accusers are the bad ones because you have this condition, is immature. It's time to grow up and take responsibility; acting like that is wrong. Very wrong.

Suki
July 6th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04

Exactly.

In the great scheme of things, is this really all that important?

Yeah. Except, they hate my guts, so I don't think that all they did was a joke. :p But whatever. End of disscusion about that.

And in the case of Suki, well, that's not exactly the topic posted in the thread, so I won't discuss it.

Thank you COTP.

You know, PBPR, altough I'm friends with you, I am not on your side nor Neph's. (I'm still gonna be your friend after what I am about to type) But I am concerned about what you did to Neph, as she is my friend, even though she didn't know that before until this post. I wouldn't like to be sexual harassed again (see this thread. (http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4153)). Just please change your actions and don't be sexual or whatever you were to Neph, and just apoligize, please!*starts crying* That's all I'm asking...please....just please...http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/lucylioness/TearfulNala.gif

lion_roog
July 6th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I agree, just because someone is not as open with their emotions doesn't mean that they dont have or can't feel the same emotions as anyone else. I think that some people look at Neph as someone who doesn't really feel and could care less about other people...when in reality they don't even know her. So don't be saying s*** if you don't know her.

ChildOfThePride
July 6th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Have you all forgotten Neph's first sentence in the original post?

I mean, she put a smiley....come on...Obviously if she can say 'that'll get him to stop x)', then it's not bothering her that much.

Juniper
July 6th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Why? Because she wanted him to stop? Oh yeah, that's really bad.

People react differently to things, just because she didn't type in all capital letters, curse, use too many !s, and have incoherent spelling does not mean that she wasn't bugged by it. If she made this thread, then obviously it was important enough to be an issue. A smiley doesn't depict a person's absolute emotion; I could say that my best friend was just shot and killed, put a x) at the end of it, and I think I'd feel just as crappy

Aurelian
July 6th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Have you all forgotten Neph's first sentence in the original post?

I mean, she put a smiley....come on...Obviously if she can say 'that'll get him to stop x)', then it's not bothering her that much.

I have to disagree there. That was a hopeful and sarcastic remark, probably from relief. I'm pretty sure that Neph is capable of being hurt. Despite what I said earlier, I don't see Neph as an emotionless statue. She just knows how to hide it well when it isn't important. That can be a very helpful trait for leaders who need to seem impartial.

I don't know her motives or reasons, but no one can deny that Nephilim has offended people before without showing remorse. Maybe she hides her guilt as well.:hehe:

Sombolia
July 6th, 2005, 11:27 PM
To all:
I'm going to leave this topic because I feel I'm going be too much engaged and I wont. Sorry for I wrote. Enjoy 4th, Independance day and please don't vote Bush again. :)

We can't. This is his last term. Which just goes to show how much you know about this matter, which means you have no right to go around bashing our country's leaders.

But that's not the point of this thread.

Sharifu
July 6th, 2005, 11:56 PM

No, putting a smilie doesn't change anything, I mean heck, I quote Neph:

and while I posted it in a humourous mannor to some extent, sexual harrassment online is creepy, no matter the scale of it. I was upset, I did what I needed to. End of.

Well I don't really think this thread needs to go on much longer... PhantomBPR did apologize, and as long as he means it and stops... We can all move on.

ChildOfThePride
July 7th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Aw, crap. Observant on one thing, blind on the other.

IchLiebeNALA
July 7th, 2005, 12:15 AM
i personally think that this thread has gone too far now.

Neph made a valid point, and Phantom did apologise for it, so this topic no longer serves a purpose

mods, could you lock it up?

Sombolia
July 7th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
i personally think that this thread has gone too far now.

Neph made a valid point, and Phantom did apologise for it, so this topic no longer serves a purpose

mods, could you lock it up?

You're right. Everyone's all, "He needs to apoligize!!", when he did, like.. five times. And now we're just arguing over Neph's use of smiley.

Juniper
July 7th, 2005, 02:56 AM
I think this thread should stay open until the issue is resolved. When Neph feels that it's been dealt with, then we can close the thread. Until then, it's the mod's duty to ensure a safe posting environment; that's what you mods are here for. It's your responsibility to deal with this, not to brush it aside because some people got angry. Yes, your job is to reduce spam and keep the peace, but before all of that, your job is to protect the members of this board from harrassment (sexual or otherwise), from abuse, and from any other form of online abuse. If this thread is closed and Neph's problem is brushed aside, as some members are suggesting, you'll have failed in all aspects to have done the most important job you've been given.

You ask us to give you our general obedience while we post on this forum; if you tell us to quit spamming, we usually quit spamming at that point in time. If you close a thread, we may be unhappy for a bit, but we generally agree that it was your right to close it. If you tell us to back off eachother, we almost always do. But we expect things too. We expect you to deal with the spam, we expect you to lower the heat in the flame wars, and we expect you to deal with issues of harrassment or abuse. Neph is the one who has this problem, she needs to decide when it's been dealt with and the thread can be closed. Not anyone else here. Maybe just saying "I'm sorry" and a slap on the wrists isn't enough; or, maybe it is. All I'm saying is that no one here has the right to say that the issue has been dealt with if she doesn't think it has. If she's cool now, then close the thread, no use in us arguing any more about it; but if she thinks that nothing has really been done about it, then by all means the thread should stay open and the issue dealt with properly.

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Hey, you leave our duty alone ;)

Uh.. this thread is quite depressing and full of possible flamibility. The mods are considering closing the thread as it appears to be close to a flame war.

Though I don't believe it will be closed unless an actual flame war occurs or if Neph herself says otherwise.

I think it would be important to note something right here and right now. This is not a debate thread. There is nothing to debate here. This thread is a cry for help, I think some have failed to see it as such.

Anyway, Pnt's right, it's Neph cry for help, if the mods of Lea, those that are supposed to be the guardians of the forum until the Admins return and are given the authority of the forum, silence Neph's cry for help.. would that really be right?

That would be like telling a person to shut up who's screaming for help when someone is trying to kill them (well, Neph isn't getting killed, but you see my point here I should hope..)

I personally would not like somehting of that sort on my conscience... though I do believe that people need to check themselves form now on before they post in this thread (or any other actually).

"So, there it is" ~JP

Juniper
July 7th, 2005, 03:26 AM
I don't wanna sound threatening, I'm not really into frivilous threats, but you will almost definately have your flame war if this thread is closed, and we don't want that. All I'm asking is that the thread stay open until the person who started it decides that it should be closed.

And I think it is my right to talk about the mod's duty. If you think about it, we choose to listen to you guys, just like I choose to obey the law. If I decided that you haven't done your job at protecting a friend, I could just as easily choose to no longer listen to the mods. Not saying that'll the case, just saying that we're well within our rights on this forum to talk about how the mods are doing and what we think they should be doing. Keep in mind, also, that I never said a mod has done a bad job, I've just said that every mod who has moderation priviledges over Scar's Lair will have failed to do their duty if they brush this aside. But they haven't yet ;)

Edit:

Oh, and I agree with Nuka about this not being a debate thread. It isn't. There's no debate that BPR did something wrong and there shouldn't be a debate that Neph was bothered by it on some level (even though there is/was)

Sharifu
July 7th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Well I wasn't saying we should close the thread, I don't think that is up to me to decide.

Juniper
July 7th, 2005, 03:29 AM
I was actually talking more about the members wanting it closed, but addressing the mods about it, because I had my doubts that the members who want it closed would ever change their minds. The mods, however, seem a bit more level headed and would actually THINK about it before they closed it, so it seemed that you guys were the ones to talk to more directly ;)

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by t3h Pntbll-ness
And I think it is my right to talk about the mod's duty.

I know, that was a joke buddy ^^

And indeed it is yours and every other member's on Lea to make sure the mods are doing a good job. If you have a complaint, make one. (Ya know, that's basically what Neph did witht his thread, made a complaint, though it's not aobut the mods =P )

I believe can speak for the others when I say that we appreciate suggestions from the members of the forum, that's why we're mods, to make sure that you, and us too :p, enjoy Lea Halalela and make sur eit runs to the best of its ability ^^

Anyway, that's enough semi-off topicness for now from me.

Juniper
July 7th, 2005, 04:06 AM

Anyway, that's enough semi-off topicness for now from me.

SEE! YOU ARE A BAD MOD!!

You were off-topic, you've failed, you're just a miserable failure! I don't blame you, you always did seem like a failure, but I just wanted to point out how horrible you really are.

:idiot: (Just kidding, of course. I don't think you're a loser either)

I knew it was a joke, I was just building on that regardless ;)

A bit off topic, but it was time for some humor. Loser.

:D

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 04:10 AM
:tears: :( *runs off to cry under his rock* Big jerk xP hehe

Indeed, humor would be good, but lest not make it too long shall we? =P Psycho

:cheese:

Juniper
July 7th, 2005, 04:16 AM
*Hugs teh Nuka* Aw, I was just messin :D

Okay okay, back to the issue at hand. I still stand by Neph, of course, so the question is, what do we do next?

LunarCat
July 7th, 2005, 04:39 AM

Okay okay, back to the issue at hand. I still stand by Neph, of course, so the question is, what do we do next?

provide emotional support? :D

lion_roog
July 7th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Man, what does it take to get some sexual harrasment around here?...Here I am all alone while Neph hogs it all....Gah!...I'm going out for a drink!...Don't wait up!.....:idiot: <<<That's what I am...:D

But I agree with a lot that has been said lately in this thread. I agree with Audra that Phantom has apologized, it's up to Neph to accept it. I agree with Pntbll and Ravoc on the Mod thing. I also agree with Pntbll that Ravoc is a Loser...But he's the bestest Loser I know...I am following in your footsteps, Buddy!!....:D :D

lion_roog
July 7th, 2005, 04:55 AM

Well, since this thread was made by Neph, I think it should be up to Neph as to what happens to this thread. I believe you, Pntbll, mentioned that earlier. And I will support her until she feels that the issue is resolved..:cheese:

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Roog, don't you mean you're "follow[ing] in [my] pawprints"? (okay, that quote was a stretch :E )

And thanky oua ll for the award of the bestest loser, what an honor, I must say =P

Anyway.. there really isn't anything more for us to do in this thread except provide emotional support really. The only real thing we can do is wait for Neph's reaction to all this.

lion_roog
July 7th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Roog, don't you mean you're "follow[ing] in [my] pawprints"? (okay, that quote was a stretch :E )

And thanky oua ll for the award of the bestest loser, what an honor, I must say =P

:haha:..I don't even know what I mean anymore...I quit listening to myself about halfway through....:D

And, Man, What does it take to be called a loser around here?!....Ravoc hogging all the insults while I am here with perfectly good feelings that need hurting....Gah!..That's it...I need a drink...Don't wait up....:idiot:...:D

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Man, what does it take to get some sexual harrasment around here?

No worries, Roog. = ) Someone's proctologist will give ya a holla.

:cheese: :rawr: :lol:

lion_roog
July 7th, 2005, 05:52 AM
No worries, Roog. = ) Someone's proctologist will give ya a holla.

:cheese: :rawr: :lol:

:haha:....Ewwww...:p

But I'll save that idea for later, though....:D

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 07:06 AM
:But I'll save that idea for later, though....:D

Hurry! The glove awaits... *cough* I mean the analytical thought is great!

nathalie
July 7th, 2005, 07:10 AM
*hmm* I don't really think this is the place for funny talk :confused:

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 07:12 AM
*hmm* I don't really think this is the place for funny talk :confused:

Sorry. The mind tends to go wayward every now and again.

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 07:33 AM
My apolgies Nathalie, I accept the blame for deriving the current topic momentarily. =)

nathalie
July 7th, 2005, 07:37 AM
accepted :D

Nephilim
July 7th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Hmm.

Hmmm.

Hmmmm.

Nothing's going to be done, is it? Funny, because if it was any of the other members, I'm sure everyone would be 100% supportive. You really shouldn't take this lame problem you have with me so seriously.

Roviquo, I never harrassed anyone. I challange opinions, I'm not afraid to speak my mind, and if anyone attacks me I'll fight back; I'm self defensive. Unlike some, I'm not a coward, and I don't feel the need to hide behind the majorly accepted norm. So, you know what you should do? Leave me alone. Really, I don't care.

COTP, where should I start with you? It's okay as long as it's not put into action? Splendid, I shall start sending you abusive and disturbing PMs then.

... I used a smilie in my post, so of course, I'm not that bothered? My god, this is one of the most unintelligent things I've heard in this thread. Would you like to to replace it with "OMG U GUYS, I GOT NASTI PMS FRM PBPR OMG IM CRYIN SO MUCH NOW I THINK I NEED TO GO SLIT MY WRISTS PLZ HELP ME"; do I need to talk like that to get my point through to you? Hah!

<3Pntbll and <3Uka! :hugs:

Really, I'm glad you two seem to understand my point. Just... geh.

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Neph, if I could do something, I definitely would. But for the time being I can't =/

But as soon as anything can be done, I'll make sure that it is brought to attention.

unregistered user
July 7th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Hmm.

Hmmm.

Hmmmm.

Nothing's going to be done, is it? Funny, because if it was any of the other members, I'm sure everyone would be 100% supportive. You really shouldn't take this lame problem you have with me so seriously.

Roviquo, I never harrassed anyone. I challange opinions, I'm not afraid to speak my mind, and if anyone attacks me I'll fight back; I'm self defensive. Unlike some, I'm not a coward, and I don't feel the need to hide behind the majorly accepted norm. So, you know what you should do? Leave me alone. Really, I don't care.

COTP, where should I start with you? It's okay as long as it's not put into action? Splendid, I shall start sending you abusive and disturbing PMs then.

... I used a smilie in my post, so of course, I'm not that bothered? My god, this is one of the most unintelligent things I've heard in this thread. Would you like to to replace it with "OMG U GUYS, I GOT NASTI PMS FRM PBPR OMG IM CRYIN SO MUCH NOW I THINK I NEED TO GO SLIT MY WRISTS PLZ HELP ME"; do I need to talk like that to get my point through to you? Hah!

<3Pntbll and <3Uka! :hugs:

Really, I'm glad you two seem to understand my point. Just... geh.

Don't worry Sam, I got your back even if I'm not a Mod or an Admin. I can at least support you with words.

I'm pretty sure most of everyone on this board feels the same way torward me too, but meh...I be myself and that's all I'm ever going to be.
I'm not going to become a "poser" and become somebody I'm not like I did in the past. You get what you see. =P

Well, hope it all gets handled properly and no one goes all "crazy nutso" in this thread.

ChildOfThePride
July 7th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Ohohohohoh, Neph....

You have no idea the sort of stuff I can handle. I've been harrassed by my peers (not sexually, but whatever) for more than half my life. PM me anything you like, I'll take it.

Lion King Stu
July 7th, 2005, 08:27 PM
ok i'm going back on word of not posting here but this is the last thing I really wanna see happen.
COTP I like ya and all you a kool person. I like Neph as well shes a good friend.
I don't want to see either of you getting at each others throats ok...so just chill please. : /

Nephilim
July 7th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Ohohohohoh, Neph....

You have no idea the sort of stuff I can handle. I've been harrassed by my peers (not sexually, but whatever) for more than half my life. PM me anything you like, I'll take it.

Stop trying to prove yourself darlin'.

ChildOfThePride
July 7th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Well thank ye kindly, LKS.

Before I get on Neph's bad side even more, I just want to say I really bear no ill will toward him (or her? I can't remember....:badnews: Sorry Neph), and I'm sorry if my last post sounded a little haughty.

I guess I just...y'know, have issues with people thinking I can't handle what I can. It happens a lot in real life, and now every time I even think someone's trying to do that, I get off.

And with that, I'll beg Neffy's forgiveness and bow out of this thread.

Juniper
July 7th, 2005, 08:51 PM

Something will be done about it, because there's at least a few people here who won't stand for anything less. If nothing happens, or this thread is closed/forgotten, we'll just make a new one. And if that one's closed or forgotten, we'll make a new one; and then a new one and a new one. If that doesn't work, we'll find another way, but it will be dealt with properly. Like John said, I don't care if someone thinks I'm being an ***-kisser by not dropping it or by standing by you; it's wrong that it happened and it'd be worse to just be forgotten.

What kind of message will it send if we don't deal with it? "Do whatever you want, we may get angry for a bit, but we have the attention span of a fruit fly so nothing will happen". If that's the case, then there's a few not-so-nice things I've wanted to say to a few people for a long time; and since I wouldn't get in trouble for it, what do I care?

unregistered user
July 8th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Ok, here I go. As most of you are probably aware, I have not been on Lea for about 4 days or so, I wanted to wait for things to cool down before I started posting again, however, I see things are worse then ever at this point. Once again I admit I was stupid, hell, this is one of the most stupid mistakes I've ever made, in my defense though I must say that if Neph didn't like it, she could have at least first given me a warning instead of saying something like "meet your right hand" frankly, when some one says something like that, I think that they are joking, so I felt as though it was ok to joke back, however, nobody should try to defend me on this thread because I was 100% wrong to do this, and I am sorry: To Neph, who I have clearly offended I'm sorry for all of this and I beg of your forgiveness, to the mods, for causing you all of this trouble with this thread, and to all of Lea, who I clearly have thrown into a rampage on the verge of a flame war. So once again, I apologys, however, that is about all I can do, I promise that I will try harder to make sure I don't screw up like this again, and if it pleases the court, then I'll even stop with the randomness and the rebel additude, but besides that, what more can I do? This truly is all I can do, and I hope you will accept it, but please in the future people, please god please warn me first, then decide what to do. And as a final word, I do agree that I deserved this and that Neph had every right to make this thread.

Prince Simba
July 8th, 2005, 01:31 AM

That's probably true, however unfortunate that may be.

Admirable qualities. It's quite bad that there are a lot of sensitive people here. Frankly, there are a lot of people here who just can't deal with the fact that their opinions are just opinions and not facts.

Uh yeah... I didn't quite get that whole thing about smilies making posts different. They really don't do anything other than provide a visual representation of what the poster is thinking.
:confused: - that's what I'm thinking.

------------------

Edit:

Ok, here I go. As most of you are probably aware, I have not been on Lea for about 4 days or so, I wanted to wait for things to cool down before I started posting again, however, I see things are worse then ever at this point. Once again I admit I was stupid, hell, this is one of the most stupid mistakes I've ever made, in my defense though I must say that if Neph didn't like it, she could have at least first given me a warning instead of saying something like "meet your right hand" frankly, when some one says something like that, I think that they are joking, so I felt as though it was ok to joke back, however, nobody should try to defend me on this thread because I was 100% wrong to do this, and I am sorry: To Neph, who I have clearly offended I'm sorry for all of this and I beg of your forgiveness, to the mods, for causing you all of this trouble with this thread, and to all of Lea, who I clearly have thrown into a rampage on the verge of a flame war. So once again, I apologys, however, that is about all I can do, I promise that I will try harder to make sure I don't screw up like this again, and if it pleases the court, then I'll even stop with the randomness and the rebel additude, but besides that, what more can I do? This truly is all I can do, and I hope you will accept it, but please in the future people, please god please warn me first, then decide what to do. And as a final word, I do agree that I deserved this and that Neph had every right to make this thread.

That's probably one of the most mature posts I've seen in this thread.

Suki
July 8th, 2005, 03:45 AM
I promise that I will try harder to make sure I don't screw up like this again, and if it pleases the court, then I'll even stop with the randomness and the rebel additude, but besides that, what more can I do? This truly is all I can do, and I hope you will accept it, but please in the future people, please god please warn me first, then decide what to do

I can help ya with your additude. :)

Sharifu
July 8th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
It's quite bad that there are a lot of sensitive people here. Frankly, there are a lot of people here who just can't deal with the fact that their opinions are just opinions and not facts.

What? I'm a sensitive person, and I don't really think that's a bad thing. I mean I definitely don't think my opinions are facts. Not all sensitive people think that way.

Anyways, PhantomBPR, hopefully Neph can forgive you now. :)

nathalie
July 8th, 2005, 07:34 AM
I also don't know how many times we can say this, but normal mods can't do anything (like ban members).

Accept closing, merge and move stuff.

Nephilim
July 8th, 2005, 10:51 AM

*nods* Well then, we're okay.

unregistered user
July 8th, 2005, 11:00 AM
That good..
:emo:... that the most.. beautiful word i ever see:emo:

Lion King Stu
July 8th, 2005, 11:03 AM
good finally glad to see we finally got there in the end...maybe life can get back to normal...wat ever that is.....

King Simba
July 8th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Good to actually see that you've finally worked it all out.

Prince Simba
July 8th, 2005, 01:39 PM
What? I'm a sensitive person, and I don't really think that's a bad thing. I mean I definitely don't think my opinions are facts. Not all sensitive people think that way.

I was generalizing. I believe I said "a lot of people", not "everybody".

*nods* Well then, we're okay.

w00t w00t!

Amaryllis
July 8th, 2005, 08:50 PM
*has no comment* i will remain silence in this peacefull place :p

Nalinda
July 8th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Well said Phantom. I hope it's all solved now :-)

unregistered user
July 8th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Well, as it seems the issue at hand seems to be alright now (right Neph? O.o? ) I suppose this thread could be closed now.

I'm glad that a peaceful resolution has come out of this. I hope that you have indeed learnt your lesson Phantom. As I stated before, sexual harassment is a crime and should be dealt with as such. You should be grateful that Neph is so forgiving.

Well, since things are all nice now, would a mod please close this thread unless there are any objections o.O?

IchLiebeNALA
July 8th, 2005, 09:31 PM
nope, not from me

i'm gld this has come to a peaceful end.

:D

Aurelian
July 8th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
Admirable qualities. It's quite bad that there are a lot of sensitive people here. Frankly, there are a lot of people here who just can't deal with the fact that their opinions are just opinions and not facts.

:grrr: That hurts. I am the first to admit that I am over-sensitive. If you knew even half the hell I have been through in my life, you would not blame me for having delicate feelings and little trust. Also, I have mental disabilities, including dyslexia, that make it hard for me to distinguish betweens jokes and seriousness. I would never use it as an excuse to say mean things, but I can't change the fact that I take things the wrong way at times. Unfortunatly, that seems to be a problem for people around here. A lot of people can't stand when people interpret them them wrong, and get defensive, thinking their opinions are being argued.

Certain people are harder for me to understand. Because Nephilim doesn't type with emotion, it is impossible for me to now her intentions. Remember the Banzai.com post? I though she was laughing at me, but she was laughing at the post. I had know way of knowing the difference. Nephilim is not the only one. Other people I have conciderable trouble understanding include Pntbll, Ruska, John, Mabatu, Kasun, and Teekay among others.

I'm not asking you guys to change, just to bare with me, and don't get defensive if I misunderstand you. Just let me know I got the wrong idea.

IchLiebeNALA
July 8th, 2005, 10:54 PM
:grrr: That hurts. I am the first to admit that I am over-sensitive. If you knew even half the hell I have been through in my life, you would not blame me for having delicate feelings and little trust. Also, I have mental disabilities, including dyslexia, that make it hard for me to distinguish betweens jokes and seriousness. I would never use it as an excuse to say mean things, but I can't change the fact that I take things the wrong way at times. Unfortunatly, that seems to be a problem for people around here. A lot of people can't stand when people interpret them them wrong, and get defensive, thinking their opinions are being argued.

Certain people are harder for me to understand. Because Nephilim doesn't type with emotion, it is impossible for me to now her intentions. Remember the Banzai.com post? I though she was laughing at me, but she was laughing at the post. I had know way of knowing the difference. Nephilim is not the only one. Other people I have conciderable trouble understanding include Pntbll, Ruska, John, Mabatu, Kasun, and Teekay among others.

I'm not asking you guys to change, just to bare with me, and don't get defensive if I misunderstand you. Just let me know I got the wrong idea.

dont worry about Roq. those disabilities are nothing to be singled out for. And i appreciate you for admitting that you are over-sensitive. it was a very brave thing to do, and i will certainly try to be very wary of what i say. i'm usually a sensitive person, but if i say anything to offend you, just PM me and let me know.

Sombolia
July 9th, 2005, 12:00 AM

Dude.. I'm sorry, but you gotta stop acting like everyone's targeting you, because we're not. PS didn't say, "Roquivo is overly sensitive and needs to stop it!", he said some people were sensitive and they need to know that their opinions aren't facts. I don't consider you to be one of those people, and it's doubtful that his post was pointing in your direction at all.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but..

Juniper
July 9th, 2005, 12:48 AM

I'm glad that Neph forgave you, you should be very grateful. You aren't out of the woods yet though; you need to back up your words with actions. Hollow words lead to hollow forgiveness; that means that this won't happen again, or something else, or you won't fair so well next time. That's not a threat, it's a promise. ;)

But, on the other hand (and the more likely outcome), if you do back up your words, then I don't think that anyone is going to hold this against you, including myself. I never had a problem with you, but I'll stick by friends, or a person I feel is the least at fault, no matter what the reprocussions. I also frown upon these kinds of situations. But hey, all that's in the past, let's move on from all this, learn from it, and grow as people.:hakuna:

@Roquivo:
Bud, I like you, I think you're cool and everything, but I agree with Sombolia. Calm down, the vast majority seem to like you, we don't have anything against you or intend to point you out. :hug: