View Full Version : Live 8

unregistered user
July 2nd, 2005, 04:20 PM
www.live8live.com

leave the computer..
MUST WATCH THIS :cheese:

TakaTiger
July 2nd, 2005, 05:01 PM
to tell you the truth, in my opinion, its mostly Crappy bands playing... therewere only like 2 worth listening to... Elton john and Motley crue... so i dont think ill be tuning in =\

Hanshilo
July 2nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
That means i will watch it but only when Elton and motley are up on stage:ayecapn: thanks for the link Guntur

Lweek
July 2nd, 2005, 06:04 PM
I'm watching from start till now which is about 5 hours and I have to say that's really amaizing. Music is mostly great and atmosphere is really live. I love it.

.. and that about Africa, that's really sad and breath taking too. I'm really sorry to see them in such live situations. I posted them my name and photo, I hope that will help them a bit.

Lion King Stu
July 2nd, 2005, 08:07 PM
even if its crappy bands...its still good to watch..
I missed alot cause I had work but I'm watching it till it ends...and I've signed the live 8 thingy.

King Simba
July 2nd, 2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
I've signed the live 8 thingy.
Same. :bleen:
I've been watching it for around two hours or so now. It's still good to watch - it doesn't matter what bands are performing either.

Lion King Stu
July 2nd, 2005, 08:39 PM
Mind u there are quite alot of good bands been playing U2 and Paul McCartney, Snow Patrol, The Killers, Velvit Revolver, Sting, Elton John etc.
And later they got Pink Floyd playing later and Paul McCartney again so thats going to be worth watching.

Lweek
July 2nd, 2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I caught a few seconds of it when I looked into the lounge but haven't seen much of it. I heard Dido though earlier, I usually love Dido's music, but... it wasn't as good as I expected :eek: !!!

Maybe she's not trained to do live concerts. You know live concerts are quite difficult for unexperineced performes. Especialy lound and deep echo is hard to handle. :)

Lion King Stu
July 2nd, 2005, 08:45 PM
well this is bigger than any normal concert :lol: even Snow Patrol admited it was sorta hard to do there set live...and they usualy do quite well in concerts.

King Simba
July 2nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
To me, all singers and bands sound different when they're performing live. ;)

Lion King Stu
July 2nd, 2005, 08:54 PM
well yeah because stuff on radio and Cd's etc. are edited to sound better that can't be done when ya doing it live.
I like the live stuff better especially on occasions like this.

King Simba
July 2nd, 2005, 08:56 PM
Myself, I prefer the songs when they're actually on CD although I don't find the live performances bad either. They're still pretty awesome.

Lion King Stu
July 2nd, 2005, 08:57 PM
live performances are more memorable...just look at Queen and the last live Aid...they took that by storm now that was memorable no questions asked.

King Simba
July 2nd, 2005, 09:00 PM
Well, that's just my opinion. I did say that I liked live performances also. If I didn't, I wouldn't find Live 8 worth watching or any other live performances to be honest.

End of discussion. :idiot:

Sombolia
July 2nd, 2005, 09:04 PM
w00t :D I'm watchin' it :p

unregistered user
July 2nd, 2005, 09:49 PM
I already made a topic about this, crazy people =P

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 12:28 AM
where???:p:p

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 12:30 AM
Here: http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?threadid=5211

Alli
July 3rd, 2005, 01:10 AM
I watched most of it, not all if it. I wish i did though.

nathalie
July 3rd, 2005, 06:55 AM
I wish I taped it all, esp. after my dad saying Elton John was the best thing he saw on it :(

Nephilim
July 3rd, 2005, 09:27 AM
I don't think this concert will do much good. In a sense, it just makes people feel better about the situation; 200, 000 people in Hyde Park listening to rock music is hardly a form of active help. By doing that, they feel they've done their part for world poverty, so they have to give nothing else.

nathalie
July 3rd, 2005, 09:29 AM
I thought that the money for the tickets would go (partly) to the charity, but I heard that wasn't the case.

Nephilim
July 3rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
I thought that the money for the tickets would go (partly) to the charity, but I heard that wasn't the case.

You didn't pay for tickets; you won them.

Lion King Stu
July 3rd, 2005, 09:52 AM
yeah it was non profit concerts...
I think they just wanted to rack up alot of support so they would make the countries drop the debts...thats all it was doing really and I doubt it will happen.