PDA

View Full Version : New era...new approach?

Wide Eyed Wanderer
April 21st, 2011, 11:17 AM
First of all I'd like to say a massive thanks to STM and Fuzzy for getting the site back online, quicker than any of us could have expected.

It's also great to know that the forum is now in the hands of people that we know we can trust, and people that care about the forum and its members. Hopefully this third incarnation of the forum can regain the heights of the first one.

As I'm sure you're all aware, the Blu Ray release of The Lion King is scheduled for sometime in the next year, and this could lead to a large number of new fans and potential members for the forum. I think we have to try and set the forum up for this, and make sure the site is positioned to welcome as many new members as possible.

I know it isn't a business, but if the forum is to survive and become even half as successful as it was in the Mufasa era we need to think of it like one. More members means more traffic, more traffic means adverts that can generate money to help cover the costs. I've mentioned trying to get more members before, and some of you were reluctant as you wanted to keep it as a small community. The fact is though, if you want a small group then you can always chat on Facebook or IM; Lea Halalela has to be open and welcoming to new members, otherwise it will disappear for good.

I think we have the perfect opportunity to make the forum that WE want now, and we shouldn't waste it!
:)

HasiraKali
April 21st, 2011, 12:11 PM
I agree. Before the board died, we were starting to get things set up to handle more members. We discussed new mods, user verification and other ways of promoting the site. I was going to promote a bit on tumblr and maybe LJ as well since there are quite a few TLK fans on there.

STM can clarify, but from what I understand, there isn't a cost to worry about now that the vbulletin license has been purchased. We were talking last night about how on old old Lea, donors got special perks. Perhaps something like that could happen again.

Thanks for your input, WEW! We'll definitly look into things :)