PDA

View Full Version : TLK in Kingdom Hearts

Simbaspirit
May 10th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Has anyone else played Kingdom Hearts? I'm currently playing my little sisters KH2 game and its actually pretty good. You go to the pridelands twice - once you play through the plot of the movie and help Simba defeat Scar, but the really cool part is that you return after the movie after Simba is king. A summary I found online says

"When Sora and company return, all is not well. It seems that Simba is plagued with doubt and haunted by mysterious ghosts resembling Scar. Sora encourages Simba to follow his own path, rather than try to be his father. Rafiki, the king's advisor, gives Simba some ominous words and suggests he confront the hyenas at the Elephant Graveyard. After defeating them, Scar's ghost appears and Simba's resolve crumbles. Sora finds him at the oasis, disheartened. Through Sora's goading, Simba manages to defeat the ghost and regain his strength. Unfortunately, a large number of Scar ghosts coalesce into the powerful Groundshaker Heartless. Through the strength of their hearts, Simba and Sora defeat it, restoring peace to the Pride Lands."

here is a youtube video of all the video scenes of the return to the pridelands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdlDsJRNV50

With Sora being the main character in the game. Here's a picture of the TLK characters in the game - they actually look pretty good, considering the game is 6 years old. It's also interesting that the hyenas are still alive.

http://www.finalfantasyworld.co.uk/khextreme/images/Scan_KH26.jpg

Simba appears in other KH games, but just as a character to summon for help, not in the Pridelands like in KH2.

Anyone else ever play this game? If so, what did you think of the lion king part?

ThiagoPE
May 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I played this game but i needed to stop exactily at pridelands, so i still not played it. well, until where i played itīs a great game, i think i will enjoy thepridelands part

Asikinari
May 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Christmas, when I was 17 years old back in 2008. I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts so badly because of the Lion King aspect. So, I got them as Christmas presents :D.
But here's the thing. I knew that Kingdom Hearts 1 didn't have a TLK stage, but merely Simba as a summon, so I had no particular interest in KH1. However, I have this OCD thing where I absolutely need to begin a series from the start otherwise I will not be able to proceed with any future installments. So I had to play through 48+ hours (I think) of KH 1 to get to KH 2.

When I finally got to the TLK stage, it kinda lasted too short. I won't spoil anything, but it was kinda disappointing. But nonetheless, it's a very decent series. I'm just not one of the diehard fans.

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 10th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I started playing KH2 when my flatmate bought it in 2007 but it got pretty boring so I never even got close to the TLK section!
:lol:

Aurelian
May 10th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I have this game. I actually hacked a gameshark code that lets you control Simba or any other level unique character, but only in their own level.

One of the funnest things I ever did in a video game is jump off promontory Point at full speed. You literally feeling like you are flying for a few seconds. Regardless how well the level plot is, it is just awesome to run around an actual simulations of the Pride Lands.

Revo
May 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM
This post doesn't pertain much to the TLK universe in KH, just my personal experience with the franchise. :p
I had KH1 and played through it when I was 13-14. I remember it being a huge game with lots of content, and a bit difficult for me at the time. I enjoyed it a lot. When I finished the story, I sold the game. So I never got through all the extra stuff you can do after the game is finished. After that I was quite distant from the KH franchise for quite a while.
One or two summers ago I was staying at a boarding school for a few weeks. They had a PS2 in the lounge area and a few games, including KH2. It was the weekend and there was not much to do, so I thought I'd see what the game was like. There were lots of high caffeine drinks in the fridge, so I didn't really get tired at any point. I can go for ages without eating and not get hungry. The couch was comfy, the story was enticing... So without really noticing it, I had played for over 10 hours straight :lol:. At that point I was like: "Oh what the hell, let's play through the whole game while we're at it. It's not like I have anything better to do."
And so I did :nukasmilie:. I played through the whole game in one sitting, lasting about 38 hours. I started early Saturday afternoon and finished early Monday morning. By the end I had quite an audience in the lounge watching the epic marathon come to an end. I had never done such a hardcore gaming feat before, so I felt kinda.. brisky after having finished. :wicked:
And yeah, after that I went straight to bed and slept like a log :zzz:. And after waking up I ate like a pig :munch:.

I do remember the Pridelands being the most enjoyable world to play in KH2, and that it had the most fun boss fight (the giant 4-legged heartless).

nathalie
May 10th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I have never played it, but I do have some action figures, hehe.

This one, and 2 smaller figures.
http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/155/614/694/7Lda.jpg

KovuLKD
May 12th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I was hoping to hear some TLK soundtrack reference in the music for the pridelands, but it sounded completely different.

Still it was fun playing as a four legged, few games provide that. :D
Also they should have a keyblade that looks like rafiki's stick. :stick:

Shadow
May 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Did ya guys know that the pridelands was supose to be included in kh 1, but due to short on time they cut it?.

i know sucks, if it would have goten in in the first game it would be in 3 by now.

kh 1 , kh chain of memories and kh 2.

Btw iv played all of the kh games, huge fan i know everything there is to know about it.

Nuduli
May 12th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Oh I love KH! Though the Pridelands were short, I still go back onto the level even just to run around. xD I wish there was a feline/tlk-ish video game out there to play on the TV, that'd be really fun. Kinda like an mmorpg. Sort of.

Anyway, I loved how they showed the characters in that level, it was neat.

Simbaspirit
May 13th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Shadow is TLK in Chain of Memories only as a summon or as a level?

Shadow
May 13th, 2011, 08:46 AM
summon only sense he was never in pridelands in the first game.

"hence why simba is only a summon and not a whole level thing"

KanuTGL
May 13th, 2011, 10:44 AM
If the Pride Lands had been in KH1 I would've had no reason to play KH2 :lol: KH1 is unbeatable C:

It's a shame about the music on the levels and that some of the models kind of... lack expression xP But otherwise, the Pride Lands world is great. Most of the models are well made, and I was so happy to hear that Sora was going to have a lion design; it's an excuse to draw him lionized, haha xD

Levin
May 14th, 2011, 01:45 AM
I'm in love with the entire kingdom hearts series..I wont go on my rant about it lol. Interesting fact I've read, the original design for Sora, he was supposed to have a lion tail! However, they didn't create him with that design because Zidane (the main character from Final Fantasy 9) already had a tail so the idea wasn't 'original' anymore <_<