PDA

View Full Version : Wwtbkotpl

This Land
May 9th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I seen people talking about "Who wants to be king of the pride lands" game show, i thought i would share this with everyone.

Every single game, every single chat log for that game was saved by Tim, he very kindly gave me the entire lot so i could host it for everyone to read through all them years back ^^.

At least ol' TLKGO is still useful for something.... =(

~~http://www.tlkgo.co.uk/kingofthepridelands/wwtbkotp.htm ~~

When you get to the review pages, click the paw print to see the full in-depth chat log of the game.

[I feel this deserved a separate thread for such a great game that alot of love and hard work went into, if a admin/moderator feels this should be merged with the nostalgia thread, then feel free to do so.]

KanuTGL
May 9th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Aww, this game was so great. Tim did such a good job of it and it was so much fun to play. I'm glad I got to take part in at least one season :)

King Simba
May 9th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I had so many good memories from this game. :) I remember having a lot of fun competing with fellow TLK fans, and even if you didn't get in the hot-seat, it was still very fun to take part and watch, almost like the game show, but better I think. ;)

I'd be rich if I had been able to literally take that money away. :lol: But having real life prizes for the season winners was just as great.

Full credit goes to Tim, of course. He did a wonderful job organising and creating it. ^^

Sombolia
May 9th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Oh wow, sweet. :D

I only got to play once or twice but it was an indeed an awesome game. Massive kudos to Tim for putting it together.

Leorgathar
May 9th, 2011, 10:42 PM
That does sound really awesome, I bet it was so much worth it for any TLK fan with knowledge :D I wish I had played it then :(

Darkslash
May 10th, 2011, 12:38 AM
I still remember the one time I was in the hot seat...

Simbaspirit
May 10th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Aw man that was the best game! Thanks so much for finding that!

King Simba
May 10th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I wonder if Tim could bring this game back again someday. It would be great if he could so that newer members could have a chance to play too. :)

Also, credit to you for putting this together and for sharing it here, Adam. I'm gonna enjoy looking through some of those reviews to refresh some memories. ;)

nathalie
March 28th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Oooh, this was so much fun!

It's so funny to read some of those logs again.
Yes, I am very bored today, I read some of them :p

This should come back!

Leorgathar
March 29th, 2013, 06:39 AM
^ I support that. I would love to try my knowledge at something like that :D

Darkslash
March 29th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Tim was very talented at putting the show on.

Sombolia
March 29th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Aw, I had totally forgotten about this! I only got to sit in a couple times but it was such fun, I'll have to have a peek through the chatlogs later lol. Tim was so great at running it!

Simbaspirit
March 30th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Keeping with the theme of the show, Simbaspirit became the second first-timer as she put her paws on the right order. Ready and eager to play, we got underway and despite being one of the youngest contestants ever on the show, she breezed through the first few but got caught up on the $8,000 question:

Haha wow - I was only 12 years old! And I'm 20 now so.. :P I can't believe looking back that I got some of the questions wrong that I did, but I had only really just gotten into TLK.. I'm sure I'd be much more competitive now!

Azerane
March 30th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I think I remember sitting in on the game, once, maybe twice, never made the hotseat though :p Still, I remember enjoying it. Everyone is right, Tim was a great host. :)