PDA

View Full Version : Does it show that you like TLK?

nathalie
June 27th, 2005, 12:04 PM
For example, I have a few pins on my bag, so whenever I go out they can be seen :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/lion%20king/06270001.jpg

King Simba
June 27th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Nope. I might get a keyring though (if I can find one) which I can attach to my house keys. I should be able to find one somewhere.

:hmm:

IchLiebeNALA
June 27th, 2005, 12:37 PM
well, when people ask me what i'm listening to, i hand them one of earphones, and they just stare at me cos it's TLK music.

but they carry on listening!!!

Ralli
June 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I sometimes wear TLK t-shirts and my TLKoB hat, but otherwise you probably wouldn't guess if I was just walking around. But if I was sitting at school drawing and someone happened to look at my sketches, the sketches would almost always be of TLK characters. xP

But it's VERY obvious if they came into my room...I HAVE to take a few pictures and post 'em here...my room is totally based on TLK/Africa. ...I have problems, ho-yes I do. :evilgrin:

Oh yea, and if they saw my CD collection they could guess, since I have *thinks* two copies of the original soundtrack, the soundtrack for the Special Edition DVD, Return to the Pridelands CD, TLK1.5 CD, and TLKoB CD.

nathalie
June 27th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Ralli
IOh yea, and if they saw my CD collection they could guess, since I have *thinks* two copies of the original soundtrack, the soundtrack for the Special Edition DVD, Return to the Pridelands CD, TLK1.5 CD, and TLKoB CD.

Same here ... but I have 60 cd's :eek: hehe ^^

My dad tells me how nuts I am everytime he comes here, 'cause the cd's do spot his eye, haha *lol*

lionloversam
June 27th, 2005, 01:26 PM
I have two TLKoB and one Walt Disney World T-shirts even though I never been to either one. (bought them from C-mart) One of them is a Texas TLKoB.

King Simba
June 27th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I sometimes play my TLK CDs in the car whilst my mum's shopping or whilst my dad's visiting my grandad. ;)

Katse
June 27th, 2005, 02:56 PM
My Jack Skellington obsession shows more than my TLK. I am known by most people in the same grade as I that I do draw mainly TLK or TLK-related stuff. We have uniforms at my school, so clothes don't really give me away, except my Jack hoodie. In my Jack purse, which I carry instead of a backpack, the head of my Simba pencil bag sticks out. That and my hoodie are my signature items. I also carry practically nothing else but Disney music, so when I'm listening to my CDs, people could already guess that I'm listening to Disney. I know all the songs, so people look at me funny when I start singing. So I guess I wouldn't say I'm only a Jack Skellington fan or just a TLK fan. I'm a Disney Freak!:D

HasiraKali
June 27th, 2005, 08:29 PM
*looks down at watch and necklace* *looks at t-shirt from yesterday* >.> <.< Erm. No not at all. *rearranged plushies, figures and cds in the car* I need to fix my license plate frame. The i in "lion" has fallen off. :( :lol:

Aurelian
June 27th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Not so much lionking, but you don't need to look at me twice to know I am obsessed with animals. I have an asortment of t-shirts with animals glyphs among ather things.

va-kasi
June 27th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Nope :(

Not even in my room, all my plushies are in te cupboard, even my DVDs are in the draw.

I think the only way people would know is if they hacked into my login :hehe:

I like to be tidy :cheese:

Mabatu
June 28th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by va-kasi
Nope :(

Not even in my room, all my plushies are in te cupboard, even my DVDs are in the draw.

I think the only way people would know is if they hacked into my login :hehe:

I like to be tidy :cheese:

Yeah, that's pretty much the same as me...i don't have any plushies though, but my 3 TLK DVDs are just sitting there mixed in with all my other DVDs, but there's nothing really about my room that would suggest i like TLK a lot.

If someone were to use my computer and see my MSN login name though, and look at my favourites list, it wouldn't take them long to see i'm obsessed :hehe:

Opera Ghost
June 28th, 2005, 08:34 AM
i have my plushies around my room and on my computer desk and loads and lion king pictures saved on my computer :cheese:

Fear The Paw
June 28th, 2005, 10:10 AM
No one can beat this, I just bought my 20th TLK shirt and still maybe 10 more to go or something, I probably have more TLk shirts than some of you actually own. hehe

imported_Rafiki
June 28th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Fear The Paw
No one can beat this, I just bought my 20th TLK shirt and still maybe 10 more to go or something, I probably have more TLk shirts than some of you actually own. hehe

=D Whoa! That's alot of shirts! Any chance you could post pictures of them? I'd love to see them... pleeeaase?:cheese: :D

IchLiebeNALA
June 28th, 2005, 12:05 PM
well, i am now the proud owner of a TLK pincell, and i have hung it up on my wall, so whenever someone sees that, they'll know i like TLK!

for those who don't know, a pincell is a small strip of film in question, plus a pin badge from the film too.

nathalie
June 28th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Well, when someone comes in the house, I have this "altar" stuffed with TLK stuff.

Sharifu
June 28th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Yep yep! Got a Simba key chain on my back pack.

(I have lots of TLK things in my room too, but I think you were talking about showing that you like TLK outside of your home)

nathalie
June 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu

(I have lots of TLK things in my room too, but I think you were talking about showing that you like TLK outside of your home)
yes :)

Nalinda
June 28th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Hmm.. Well.. eerrr.. nope. Sometimes well, as people see my DVD-box, my Simba plushie or my soundtrack. And well, on my MP3 there are TLK songs and on my computor of course it's TLK stuff.
The rest of the things are out from my room since I've been cleaning it for a couple of years ago.
:p

Winter Lioness
June 28th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Outside of my house, it's hard to see I like TLK, unless you see my doodles on my binders and stuffs. :lol:

Simba_TLK
June 28th, 2005, 03:55 PM
the only way anybody will find out i really like TLK would be, if they see my room or my computer :p

other than that, nothing short of me telling them, will let them suspect too much :lol:

Ngatuny
June 28th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Hmm I don't have a lot of TLK items to wear (I got just one t-shirt of TLK) but I don't hide my liking Lion King, I listen to TLK music and are quite open about it and it hasn't generated any problems for me, after all every person I have met seems to agree that TLK is one of Disney's best movies.=D

King Simba
June 28th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I don't have any TLK t-shirts. The only time people can tell that I'm a big fan of TLK is either on the internet or in my bedroom where I store all my DVDs and CDs relating to TLK. =)

Sharifu
June 28th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Well I also have a Nala shirt that was made at Disneyworld for me quite a few years ago. (And it still fits me) But I haven't worn it in a long time because the sleeve is ripped. (I need to fix that!)

Also people can tell I like TLK when they see me doodle TLK characters. ;)

TakaTiger
June 28th, 2005, 11:51 PM
ooohhh yes :P

i have a couple patches on my backpack taht i carry around allmost everywere, and i waer my tlk shirt whenever i can :P so you could say it shows a bit ^^

lion_roog
June 29th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Hmm...People know that I am obsessed with basketball and that I like the Utah Jazz, because I have about 5 jerseys (including one that I had made with "Rugar" on the back"). Then I have a few Corona shirts, so people ask if I like Corona (which I do). But I do have a Simba pin that says "Leo" on it, and I have 2 lion decals, a Simba decal, and a decal that says "Got Lion?" on the back of my car...but people always ask me if I'm a Leo when they refer to those...and I always reply "Hell Yeah!"...:D

2 Die FR
June 30th, 2005, 05:56 AM
My close friends all know, naturally ;) there's NO way the couldn't, heh. But I bought a TLKoB shirt when the show was in my neck of the woods, and I wear it, oh, every week or so =) even at school sometimes. I also have a cub simba pin and a Scar pin on my backpack, amongst my Disneyland and California Adventure ones...

So, it DOES show, a little, but you'd have to be looking for it. I get a few people once in a while that notice and say something about it (to which I take the subject excitedly, to say the least :p) but normally I try to fit in with, uh, everyone else.

unregistered user
June 30th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Not really, I try to stay out of the spotlight of others for the most part IRL ;)

But, if someone were to come into my dorm down in Nashville, they'd know I love wildlife since all of my posters are animals of some sort. And I have my Disney movie collectiona nd my TLK Special Edition frame and lithos ^^

starionwolf
July 1st, 2005, 05:57 AM
I have some shirts and a hat. I will post some photos in the merchandise thread.

Xinithian
July 1st, 2005, 06:11 AM
Nope. Nobody IRL knows how much I like TLK. I love TLK, but I'm not really obsessed with it (I'm only obsessed with scar).

Sombolia
July 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
*glances at Simba keychain, TLK t-shirts, plushies, and pins strewtled around room*

No.. not at all.. <_< >_> <_<

Shoukai
July 1st, 2005, 02:38 PM
People can't usualy find my obsession untill they walk into my room, I gave a quarter of one of my walls with a crapload of tlk dvds/cds, pictures and my desktop is usually somthing tlk related.(no plushies though, I just don't do them). I have 2 TLKoB shirts as well as a cap, but they're on display cause I don't want to mess them up :).

Iestyn
July 1st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Xinithian
I'm only obsessed with scar
And who can blame you? Scar is certainly very sexy x)

Hanshilo
July 2nd, 2005, 02:18 PM
Nah not much don't have many frineds round here, offline of course...
You couldn't really say i liked the lion king, because the pics are in my folder, only 3 videos and 2 games, and the littly frizzy nala thing.
which she sits next to me when i sleep, well she sits on the matress that i have up against the wall, and my singing lion and mouse. and maybe my cd player but i very rarely take my tlk cd's to school, becuse one of these kids that hangs around with me, he is real annoying but the only one who is good enough to talk to, he is always taking me earphones off me and listening to my music... Maybe i should scare him by talking all my forgien and english TLK cd's in...
And i got the bored game too, which i brought off of some teacher at school, i think ppl could tell i liked it then because some girl asked me if she could have it, and i went no i love this too much...:evilgrin:

Vidan
July 14th, 2005, 12:16 AM
I probably have more TLk shirts than some of you actually own. hehe

It's true. :gasp:

I don't have anything specifically TLK which I wear regularly except my Scar and TLKoB San Francisco T-shirts. I do have some small lion and tiger plushes on the dashboard of my truck, though.

Alli
July 14th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Um, nobody at all would know, at all. Not even my parents or my best friends. I'm not completely obsessed i just like it.

Kiara Serengeti
July 16th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Sometimes I randomly burst out humming TLK tunes, but not in public. At my summer camp, when everyone sang country songs for fun, I sang TLK songs :bleen:. I tell people my favorite movie is TLK.

Sudi
July 17th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Nope, my obbsession doesn't show at all. Even if you walked in my room you wouldn't be able to tell.

Kovu The Lion
July 18th, 2005, 05:07 PM
it does show for me :P my car keys has a beany baby Simba on it its about 3 inches long and 1 1/2 inch tall. and i also have on my Book Cover a book cover of Kovu :D

Kovu The Lion
Fear My Roar

nathalie
July 18th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
it does show for me :P my car keys has a beany baby Simba on it its about 3 inches long and 1 1/2 inch tall. and i also have on my Book Cover a book cover of Kovu :D

Kovu The Lion
Fear My Roar

15 and already a car? Man, I really *need* to get my licence, haha

This Land
July 29th, 2005, 02:09 PM
i think some ppl know i have a fascination with TLK because on msn messenger my display name is the african chant at the beginning of the lion king. :lol:

imported_Rafiki
July 29th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Why, I sometimes wear my LK-shirt (I only have one since it is absolutely impossible to get LK-t-shirts for adults around here) and I have a selfmade sticker on my car that has an angry looking Timon on it and reads: "What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do the hula?!" :cheese: People normally are amused when they see that! :evilgrin:

This Land
July 29th, 2005, 03:11 PM
:cool: cool i want that, i dont have a car but ill stick it on my window lol :lol:
i only just got back into TLK bout 2-3 weeks ago when i watched it. now im just crazy over it, the film has a brill story line and the music is brill, My PDA is full of TLK soundtracks and i even have the film on my pda using encoding,:cheese: i encoded it from 700mb to 80mb, so it fits on my pda.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/addy_neale_wkd/lk.bmp
i show quite alot of my mates so i think they know i like the lion king alot

Storm90
July 29th, 2005, 03:49 PM
*Glances at her soundtracks, stuff simba, stuff timon and pumbaa, Lion King music for the cello and dvds*

Me? Obessed? What made you think of that?

:lol:

Most of my friends know that I'm obessed with the Lion King because I usually tell them. Also, I listen to the soundtrack 24/7.

^_^

Or just by looking at my sketches, many kids at my school don't mind that I love the Lion King. :D

Invader MEL
July 30th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Well, I draw TLK stuff that I hang on my room wall o_o;;; And...yeah...I guess that shows a lot. XD

LunarCat
July 30th, 2005, 05:00 PM
meh, only if you watch me draw, in which case...........Oo.... :D :cheese:

Nala The Lion
July 31st, 2005, 10:30 PM
i don't have any badges or out but if people were to look on my comp and fave websites then it would show :-) :haha: :p

simba2662
August 1st, 2005, 02:05 AM
If you looked at my room, drawings and computer yes. Glove box in my car yes, cause I always have the Lion King playing.

Lion_King_300
August 1st, 2005, 08:47 AM

Oh, I almost have you there, I have 18 TLK shirts, with one on the way.

Shirts (all Large/XL size, not Broadway) (9)
- LK Silhouette T-Shirt (Jerry Leigh)
- The LK Blue Silhouette T-shirt (moon rising)
- Gamebreak w/Timon and Pumbaa T-shirt
- Beige Hakuna Matata T-shirt
- Purple Character Name T-shirt (x2)
- Orange Character Name T-shirt
- Black LK Special Edition T-shirt
- Black LK Special Edition T-shirt w/large Simba logo on back

Lion King on Broadway Shirts (9)
- TLKOB ? Large Logo T-shirt
- TLKOB ? Small Sun Logo (2002-03 Ntnl. Tour) T-Shirt
- TLKOB - Black Sweatshirt
- TLKOB ? Sun Logo Sweatshirt
- TLKOB ? World Premiere T-shirt
- TLKOB ? Orange/red Logo T-shirt
- TLKOB ? New York glitter T-shirt
- TLKOB Official Polo (M)
- TLKOB Kid?s logo size L

Ebay is a wonderful thing.

Yes, I do flaunt my TLK obsession, I wear TLKOB and TLK shirts a lot in public, and I will post pictures of my car soon, it's covered in TLK character decals and I have a TLKOB mask hanging from my rear view (rotates between Simba, Nala and Scar, depeding on my mood of the week).

Just trying to keep the awesomeness of TLK remembered and alive for future generations in the CoL.

:cheese:

This Land
August 1st, 2005, 09:13 AM
bout 20 people knew i liked lion king when i was on a bus, i was playing lion king soundtracks on my pda, i got up from the back seat to get off, and my headphones came out and when they do the music automaticly comes out of my built in loadspeaker, so i was walking down between the seats with lion king music playing out loud.:gasp: funny though :lol: