PDA

View Full Version : Song of the south

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Anyone else like this movie,i thought it was great and one of my fave disney movies,i have it on video :cheese:

King Simba
June 26th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Haven't seen it in a while although I do have it on VHS. From what I remember, it was a pretty good film. :)

unregistered user
June 26th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Is that the one with the rabbit and the fox thing. :confused:

nathalie
June 26th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Disney said they would never release it again on VHS (or DVD) but I heard this year, or next year it will be.

BBC has shown it a few times.

I saw the movie too (have it on tape), and I really don't think that it's all that bad, like some people say it is.

Aurelian
June 26th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Never heard of it...

Katse
June 26th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Song of the South is a wonderful movie. Brer Rabbit's my favorite!:D My dad and I dug it up a few months ago. It was on a VHS and was recorded off of some channel, I think. Anyways, yes, it's one of the greatest movies Walt and his boys have ever made.

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Brer Rabbit's my favorite too :D

Raize
June 27th, 2005, 12:14 AM
It was made way back around the time of Snow White. It's the story of brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear. If you've ever been on Splash Mountain, you've seen scenes from the movie ;)

Sadly Disney locked it up in their 'vault' and haven't released it since a long while back. You may be lucky to get it on eBay or something though...

It wasn't released again because some people considered it racist..

Kiara Serengeti
June 27th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Doesn't that movie have "Zippedy-Doo-Da"?

HasiraKali
June 27th, 2005, 01:33 AM
I think it's sad that one of Disney's most famous songs comes from a movie that the majority of kids and even some adults have never seen. I've signed several petitions to get it released from the vault but it doesn't look as if they've helped. I have read that Disney is considering releasing it in the next few years though. I really hope this is the case as I've seen it only once in my life and a very long time ago.

Sharifu
June 27th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc
If you've ever been on Splash Mountain, you've seen scenes from the movie ;)

Ohh! I was wondering where those characters were from! I have never seen it... Hmm, I would like to though!

2 Die FR
June 27th, 2005, 06:13 AM
You're absolutely right, Ravoc. I've searched for this movie everywhere and the only place I can find it is on ebay. Song of the South is a real masterpiece of Walt's- he always had an interest in combining animated characters with real humans and scenes. And since it hasn't been released for so long (racist stuff is just stupid, isn't it?) nobody seems to know what Splash Mountain is all about. If you know the story, you would know that Brer Rabbit tricks Brer Bear and Brer Fox into throwing him into the briar patch when they catch him, but it doesn't hurt Mr. Rabbit- that was where he was born!

And yes, Kiara Serengeti, that's where Zip-a-dee-doo-dah comes from. ;)

King Simba
June 27th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc
If you've ever been on Splash Mountain, you've seen scenes from the movie ;)

Yeah, I actually noticed when I went on Splash Mountain in 2001. :cheese:

MehndiX
June 30th, 2005, 04:31 PM
My dad got it for us on DVD for Christmas, though it is a video rip, it's still something nice to have in the collection. It's a nice film and the animation is wonderful.

Nalinda
June 30th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I've never heard of it.