PDA

View Full Version : Aw crap...(I've been sick for a while)

ChildOfThePride
June 26th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Man, this is some nasty crap.

I think I have acid reflux disease....for a couple of days I've had really bad chest pain (not heart attack bad, but my mom says it's heartburn/ARD), and I had to change my diet.

I think that's making me sick in the morning (I usually have a soda first thing in the morning), the diet. I haven't been eating right my entire life, and so I guess now it's making a comeback.

Without giving my age out, I'll just say that other than the junk food thing, I'm pretty healthy, which kinda leads me to thinking it's heartburn/ARD and not a heart attack/cancer. I think cancer would've killed me by now, same with the heart attack.

Plus, both my parents have it, and I'm sure it's mainly due to the crap I eat, but does anyone know if it's genetic? I'm sure it'll go away soon, right? :alone:

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I'm pretty clueless when it comes to things like this, but I hope you get better as much as you can:hugs:

Nephilim
June 26th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I think that's making me sick in the morning

Eheheh, mebbe you're pregnant. ;)

ChildOfThePride
June 26th, 2005, 01:38 PM
:lol:

Unless I'm the reincarnation (sp?) of the Virgin Mary.....nuh uh. :p

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Hope you get well soon :hugs:

King Simba
June 26th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Get well soon CotP. :hugs:

My mum used to get a lot of heartburn and chest pains from time to time but since then, it's stopped. Probably because my mum's been on a healthy diet for the past 9/10 weeks. She seems to think so.

:hmm:

ChildOfThePride
June 26th, 2005, 02:03 PM
KS, what kind of stuff does she eat now? Just so I know what I can/can't eat?

King Simba
June 26th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
KS, what kind of stuff does she eat now? Just so I know what I can/can't eat?
She eats a lot of salads, vegetables and fruit. She used to eat more 'fatty' foods before she went on the diet. She usually eats in moderation now.

She also eats foods that don't have many calories in which is also helping her on her diet.

la_reina
June 26th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Yechhhh heartburn :eww:
I get that pretty often when I drink too much orange juice, eat too much spicy food, or inhale too much of the strong fumes from incense. It's awful, I know. It makes me feel like I wanna vomit....

Hanshilo
June 26th, 2005, 02:29 PM
o_O sorry to hear about your sickness hope you get better soon Cotp.
I had heartburn once, but no idea how i got it:P
:cheese:

ChildOfThePride
June 26th, 2005, 02:31 PM
It's been like, 2 weeks.

I think I may have indigestion too...o.0

Is ARD deadly?

IchLiebeNALA
June 26th, 2005, 02:39 PM
http://www.diagnosishealth.com/gerd.htm

have a look there

hope that helps.

get well soon CotP! :hugs:

Suki
June 26th, 2005, 09:46 PM
:badnews: OMFG, why didn't you tell me this earlier in the MHA chat? :tears: I hope you get better, my dear friend....:(

ChildOfThePride
June 26th, 2005, 09:54 PM
'cos I'm feeling better, dearie. :3

Suki
June 26th, 2005, 10:06 PM
x) Yay! (okay, I'll shut up now XD)

moonibear
June 26th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I don't eat properly either. Sometimes I forget to eat and I don't find that out 'till bedtime when the gnawing in my stomach wakes me up. When I do eat, I only eat little portions of it. I also eat a lot of salt, which isn't really good since my dad has high blood pressure and its hereditary. Right now he's so sick that he barely leaves the house anymore. I'm kinda scared of getting the same sickness, but my bad eating habits are hard to break.:worried:

ChildOfThePride
June 27th, 2005, 01:46 AM
I eat a lot....just a lot of junk food.

King Simba
June 27th, 2005, 06:50 AM
I eat a lot....just a lot of junk food.
Same here with me actually although I do have healthy foods every now and then such as fruit, vegetables etc.

ChildOfThePride
June 27th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Well, gang, I woke up sick again this morning.

But if I survived something that required brain surgery, this should be no biggie.

Fear The Paw
June 28th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Well I like never get sick maybe once a year and was during the summer not the winter because I was eating healthy. But last month I was eating too much processed foods drinking lost of pop a day and I was sick every week in May and it was having a hold on my job, I would come in late because I was tired. But the fact is unless you have some kind of a condition you should be generally not be getting sick, I changed my diet again back to the greens and I have not gotten sick sense.

ChildOfThePride
June 29th, 2005, 03:17 AM
:woeisme:

I have made it worse....bah....

I ate 2 bananas in a row....

Suki
June 29th, 2005, 03:20 AM
:woeisme:

I have made it worse....bah....

I ate 2 bananas in a row....

Will this make ya happeier? :p

I saw a commercial with these two kids in Switzerland and then, flying monkeys on carpet come along and then, they screamed and this superhero dude came and told them to use this Scribblers popsicle and they drew a banana in the sky and they followed it and then, it was over.

O_O

ChildOfThePride
June 29th, 2005, 03:30 AM
I've seen that...:lol:

Well, KS says it'll go away eventaully so I'll be cool 'bout it.

unregistered user
June 29th, 2005, 03:43 AM
I've had heart burn alot in my past, it feels as though acid is shooting up my asophogus (well it actualy is) however, my heart burn is as random as the post here at Lea :lol: (ha teh Phantom made a funny) so whenever I get it, I down alot of ice cubes and that usualy helps me, however, I don't know much about acid reflux seeing as it's never been that bad for me, but good luck hope you feel better soon. :cheese: :hugs:

starionwolf
July 1st, 2005, 06:33 AM
Hi ChildOfThePride, are you feeling better? It's nice to see you post on Lea Halalela again. Welcome back!

ChildOfThePride
July 1st, 2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks starion!

I've been feeling a lot better when I wake up, but there's still a little ickyness. I guess that means I'm recovering.

Whitewolf
July 1st, 2005, 03:04 PM
awww it only Heartburn

you can always take TUMS

ChildOfThePride
July 2nd, 2005, 10:35 AM
Yeah, but it's not going away. I've been taking Pepto for it...

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know I'm going to the doctor on Monday and all shall be good.

King Simba
July 2nd, 2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, you're best getting it checked over by a doctor. Hope all turns out well. :)

ChildOfThePride
July 2nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks KS. The big part for me is not being over paranoid, which is easy.

Especially since last May when my shunt (an apparatus in my head that, when it breaks and is left untreated, is deadly. The doctors said I made it just in time) broke and I had to have emergency brain surgery.

But I'm pretty sure this is ARD. If it were something serious, like a heart attack or stroke or cancer, I'd be feeling a lot worse.

moonibear
July 2nd, 2005, 02:12 PM
Hope you feel better soon...

ChildOfThePride
July 2nd, 2005, 02:19 PM
I found a list of foods I can't eat....

And half of the foods on there are my favorites....:tears:

IchLiebeNALA
July 2nd, 2005, 02:45 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That seriously sucks CotP