PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Gayford

IchLiebeNALA
June 23rd, 2005, 03:27 PM
I was wondering if any of you have heard of an artist called Stephen Gayford.

He does wilelife paintings (mainly Lions, tigers and lepoards, but has done other animals too)

His pictures are here (http://www.osborne-allen.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=15)

before you say. i did NOT pay that much for one of his pictures. the most i paid for one (and i have 2) was ?10.

anyone have any of his pictures, and what do you think of him as a artist?

MehndiX
June 23rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Very lovely work. I couldn't see what would be wrong to pay that much for quality. Though I haven't heard of him before.

People put that much out for animation cel copies why not work like this : p The site also says the images are framed? That could be making up a lot of the cost.

IchLiebeNALA
June 23rd, 2005, 04:09 PM
that's true i suppose, but the 2 that i have (one called In Deep, featured on the site and one called Majestic, which is no longer available) cost ?10 and ?15 respectively. And they are official Stephen Gayford Prints with a certificate of authenticity

King Simba
June 23rd, 2005, 04:21 PM
I don't have any of his paintings but his work looks very nice. I love the realism he puts into his work.

Never heard of him before though.

Nalinda
June 23rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
I've never heard of him but lovely work! =)

Bagheera
June 24th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Very nice and the price usually reflects a limited numbered edition there are some artists that have the very expensive art prints and also have the less expensive regular posters abailable. =D

Anyway thanks for the link he was unknown to me.:p