PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins!

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 11:25 PM
Okay.. so I just got back from watching Batman Begins!

And.. I liked it, no where near my favorite list, but not bad. The villains in particular I really liked, though they could've been developed a bit more.

The hero however.. I found to be horrible. Christian Bale was a big mistake IMHO... other than my dislike of the hero... the movie was good.

There is news floating around that they're going to remake the original Batman movie, the one with the Joker in it. Perseonally I seriously hope they reconsider. Jack Nicholson's performance in the original Batman was par excellence. But that's jus tmy opinion..

So, has anyone else seen Batman begins yet? And if you have, try not to give too much away for those that haven't ;)

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2005, 10:58 AM
yay:p i cant wait :p

la_reina
June 22nd, 2005, 11:32 AM
Christian Bale was that bad??? :gasp:
Oh well *shrugs*
I still wanna see it :evilgrin:

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2005, 11:33 AM
I saw the trailer when I saw Star wars, I never really been a fan of batman so im not sure il go see it.

la_reina
June 22nd, 2005, 11:35 AM
I've never been a fan of Batman either, but the action and the graphics look amazing:D
It's just too bad the girl he falls in love with that Katie Holmes girl :eww:

moonibear
June 22nd, 2005, 12:58 PM
I still wanna see it! *hops up and down excitedly* I'm a comic book freak, so I REALLY hope it doesn't suck...

SimbaGirl
June 22nd, 2005, 03:10 PM
I thought it was intense. :eww: But awesome, all the same. :cheese:

I was most thankful it beat that stupid, cheesy series from like, the 60s or whenever it was playing...

"Holy sharks, Batman! We seem to have been dumped in this shark pool without possible escape!"

"Never fear, Robbin son, I just happen to have my trusty shark repellant with me! =O"

Ngatuny
June 22nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Simply awesome, highly recommended.:ayecapn:

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2005, 03:24 PM
I heard a lot of great things about this movie. I plan to go see it soon along with Star Wars Episode III. :evilgrin:

Hanshilo
July 2nd, 2005, 05:50 PM
apparently they didn't do to well with the last abtman, so they made this one to catch ppls attention.. i think from what i have heard Micheal keaton is the batman character:confused:

Dare
July 2nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
I dunno, I thought that Christian Bale was an excellent casting choice...at least as Bruce Wayne.
I'm so happy that Batman has a more badass, darker edge now, because that's the way he's supposed to be. It's a lot more accurate with the comics (which I have adored since the beginning of time). The Keaton Batman, while awesome, isn't the Batman of the comics and for that reason I've never fully accepted Keaton as being THE Batman...he's more like a Batman from an alternate dimension or something.

As for the sequel, I eagerly look forward to it, new Joker or not. There's speculation that maybe they'll introduce Harley Quinn, and I'm trying not to get my hopes up. *squee!* Who knows?
I'm not surprised that they're doing this, however. DC comics has restarted their comic universe at least twice over the years...why not start over Batman as well?

Raize
July 2nd, 2005, 09:59 PM
I really hope they just don't remake the first film, have Joker but they should let him get away that way the original Batman movie (with Jack Nicholson) still works. Eh.. I'm not sure exactly how they'd do that though since Joker's origin is shown in the first Batman, but I can still hope.. or maybe it could take place after the first movie? X_x??? I'm just being hopeful -_-;;;;;;

Though I would love to see Harley Quinn! :cheese:

I sure as heck hope they have the original Catwoman (Michelle Pfiffer(sp?) baby ^___^) back into the movie, since she was never killed off actually. Maybe this movie could tie the original batman movie to the second one? *wishful thinking again*

If they do end up redoing any Batman movie, it should be the fourth one >> Arnold, George, and Uma were HORRIBLE choices! >___<

I'd like to see a real Freeze and Poison Ivy! All the other batman villains though I thought were excellent, including the two ones in this new movie. If they add Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler, Joker or Catwoman.. I would probably be the only one who would want to see the original characters star in it, since they did an awesome job and fit their characters perfectly. And Tim Burton's genius of course ^^ Eh.. I'll shut up now =P

Xinithian
July 2nd, 2005, 10:17 PM
I liked the score, and it was Hans Zimmer who did it :)

Dare
July 2nd, 2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Ravoc
I really hope they just don't remake the first film, have Joker but they should let him get away that way the original Batman movie (with Jack Nicholson) still works. Eh.. I'm not sure exactly how they'd do that though since Joker's origin is shown in the first Batman, but I can still hope.. or maybe it could take place after the first movie? X_x??? I'm just being hopeful -_-;;;;;;

Eh, the entire thing is that neither Batman Begins, nor the sequel, are meant to be prequels to the already existing Batman/Joker movie.
Batman Begins has done exactly as the name suggests...it's beginning a completely new/different Batman series/continuum.
These new Batman movies aren't meant to work with the old movies because they're not a part of that series, so if you're hoping for continuity between Series 1 and Series 2, I fear you'll probably be disappointed.

There's been speculation that they'll make a live-action Batman Beyond, but I think that's as close as anyone is going to get to another sequel to Batman 1-4 in the original series.

unregistered user
July 3rd, 2005, 12:13 AM
Meh.. I was afraid so -___-, *mourns the loss of the first three Batman movies and kicks the fourth's tombstone* >>

Well, at least Batman Begins looks nice.. *still loves the original* ^^