PDA

View Full Version : Would this bug you?

ChildOfThePride
June 18th, 2005, 03:31 PM
My dad used some of my birthday money a while back to buy an iTunes song for himself...when A) it's my iPod, he doesn't have one, B) he didn't ask....when I told him about it, he said he'd pay it back, but I told him I didn't want him using my gift money...I mean, it's MINE. :grrr:

So would this make you mad or am I being selfish?

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I would be pissed, very pissed.

la_reina
June 18th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Obviously your dad doesn't respect your property, though he should, even if he is your parent. My dad does, he doesn't go in my room and take my things EVER. So just tell him
(as respectfully as you can, even if you are pissed) to please stop touching your things without letting you know because it REALLY bothers you.

But yeah, I'd be pissed as well if that were my dad.

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 03:52 PM
i'd be pissed with him too

ChildOfThePride
June 18th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I should add that the iTunes program is on his computer (for some stupid reason my motherboard didn't come with USB), but I still think that it's my iPod, my business, my iTunes. The iTunes gift cards didn't say 'to: (his name)'. They said 'to: (my name)'.

Nephilim
June 18th, 2005, 04:05 PM
No, seeing as most of my money comes from my dad anyway. Even if it didn't... well, I owe him. ;P

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 04:10 PM
At first, I'd be like....WHAT!?............

but I would also accept the money that is offered. I'd tell my pa, ya, to stop touching my things :lol: and no, I don' think it'd be selfish. I think it'd be communicating with your father which is necessary in a family and very vital ;)

ChildOfThePride
June 18th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I found out about it AFTER he spent the money....MY money. :grrr:

Not much I can do about it now...I just was reminded of it because of a different thread on a different forum.

I like to rant. :)

Simba '04
June 18th, 2005, 08:13 PM
sooo your telling me that you are mad at him because he took like a dollar even though he has bought you clothes, given you gifts, gave you a roof above your head, gave you food, supported you as a daughter, brought you into this world, given up a lot of his free time for you? :confused:

ChildOfThePride
June 18th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Ouch....blow to the face, S04.....

Good point, but I think he should have at least had the decency to aks...I mean, it was my GIFT from people.

Simba '04
June 18th, 2005, 08:38 PM
wasn't trieing to be mean =)

it was rude of him to do that, but he is your father, heh, idk, some people are just like that I suppose :hmm:

ChildOfThePride
June 18th, 2005, 09:01 PM
I'm just messin' with ya. :noogie:

It's not so much that he did it, (I would have said yes most likely) it's that he didn't ask BEFORE he did it.

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 09:04 PM
yeah. it's a matter of comon sense.

before you use anything that isn't yours, you should ALWAYS ask.

it seems like your dad lacks common sense...

ChildOfThePride
June 18th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Nah, he has common sense, i guess he just thought that it was his computer, his rules....

Simba22
June 18th, 2005, 11:43 PM
I would be pretty mad. Try to have a talk with your "Old man" [in the nicest way possible of course] to at least ask you Before using your stuff.

lion_roog
June 19th, 2005, 02:59 AM
It wouldn't really bother me....but that's just the way I am. Nothing really bothers me unless it is serious enough. But I can see why it would upset you. I guess it would upset me too, but only if I felt I was being taken advantage of...:cheese:

ChildOfThePride
June 19th, 2005, 03:01 AM
OH NOEZ!!!1111ONEONE

He only had me to take advantage of my iTunes money...:( :tears:

:D:lol::jejeje:

lion_roog
June 19th, 2005, 03:06 AM
:haha:...It was so obvious!...:D

Xinithian
June 19th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04
sooo your telling me that you are mad at him because he took like a dollar even though he has bought you clothes, given you gifts, gave you a roof above your head, gave you food, supported you as a daughter, brought you into this world, given up a lot of his free time for you? :confused: Yeah, I know, especially since he can burn songs onto CD's, so the whole thing about the iPod wouldn't be a problem unless if he used the iPod.

Endra
June 19th, 2005, 05:18 PM
I would probably be mad too... just because he didn't ask beforehand.

But a song costs very little so it wouldn't be TOO big of a deal ;)

Opera Ghost
June 19th, 2005, 05:28 PM
i think i'd be a little mad,but i'd get over it very soon

lion_roog
June 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Aziri
I would probably be mad too... just because he didn't ask beforehand.

But a song costs very little so it wouldn't be TOO big of a deal ;)

Whatcha talking about?!?!?...That dollar he took could of bought her a hotdog, Man!...She coulda been eating good!!!....:D

ChildOfThePride
June 19th, 2005, 06:08 PM
*teh g45p*

Mr. Roogers is key-rekt! OMG....since i didnt get taht hawt dawg mah grammer iz all skrewed n junk...

Oh Lord, I've lost it.

Well, now I know what to do if this is brought up again. I was reminded of the sitch 'cos of a different thread and wanted to know if I was a spineless jellyfish.

Hmm....jelly......yummy.

Mizani
June 21st, 2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
yeah. it's a matter of comon sense.

before you use anything that isn't yours, you should ALWAYS ask.

it seems like your dad lacks common sense...
Its more being polite then common sense.:uhno:
I would be sssoooo angry at my dad if he used some of my money that I owned, without atleast asking first.

Suki
June 21st, 2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04
sooo your telling me that you are mad at him because he took like a dollar

Actually, if you didn't know, iPods cost (more/less) $100. I have one. And actually, Every song costs 99 cents and I bet she got a lot of moo-lah in iTunes money.

Nephilim
June 21st, 2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
OH NOEZ!!!1111ONEONE

He only had me to take advantage of my iTunes money...:( :tears:

:D:lol::jejeje:

LMAO! Good post! *amused*

ChildOfThePride
June 21st, 2005, 09:17 PM
Wow...I actually made Neph laugh.

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, please pick up the white courtesy phones....

:idiot:

Suki
June 21st, 2005, 09:19 PM
ROTFL

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
My dad used some of my birthday money a while back to buy an iTunes song for himself...when A) it's my iPod, he doesn't have one, B) he didn't ask....when I told him about it, he said he'd pay it back, but I told him I didn't want him using my gift money...I mean, it's MINE. :grrr:

So would this make you mad or am I being selfish?

Well, if he said he would pay it back I'd be ok. My mom borrows my birthday money all the time and she always pays me back the next day or so, however, I guess I'd be a little mad if my dad didn't tell me he was taking the money.