PDA

View Full Version : Cigar.....

lionloversam
June 17th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I was just wondering who here smokes or has tried smoking? I tried an cigar once. (One my sister brought back from the Dominican Republic for my dad, He let me have a few puffs.) I took like 5 really deep consecutive puffs. The lesson I learned is never inhale a cigar. Later that night I got a spliting head ache that lasted half the night, and had no appetite the next day. That was the first and most likely the last time I will smoke.

LionKingxx
June 17th, 2005, 04:25 PM
no i haven't your dad still smoke or not any more

IchLiebeNALA
June 17th, 2005, 04:27 PM
i havn't.

someone in my class asked me, but i refused and amazingly, he respected my decision.

lionloversam
June 17th, 2005, 04:28 PM
He use to smoke a pipe a long time ago, I can't even remember him doing it. I have just seen pics. The cigar was just an one time thing since it was import and hand rolled.

Juniper
June 17th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I quit smoking excessively a few weeks ago, but every Saturday after work I'll go out on the field's lake in a rowboat and smoke a Swisher Sweets Perfecto. Not the best cigar on earth, but for $4 for five, it's not that bad. Cigars aren't made to be inhaled, they're worth about five cigarettes at once if you do, and they'll make you pretty sick.

lionloversam
June 17th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by pntbll248
Cigars aren't made to be inhaled, they're worth about five cigarettes at once if you do, and they'll make you pretty sick.

I wish I knew that then.:yuck: So, since I inhaled like 5 times I had a whole pack worth of cigarettes in nicotine. :yuck:

Endra
June 17th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Never tried smoking... never will ^_^

Nalinda
June 17th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I've never tried I wont do it either. It's so stupid.

Juniper
June 17th, 2005, 04:41 PM
If you ever enjoyed the taste of a fresh cigar after a hard day's work, I doubt you'd think it was so stupid.

Um... yeah... don't smoke, kids

Had to add my disclaimer for political correctness.

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I smoke Marlboro menthol Milds 100's. I have to agree with Pntbll, Swisher Sweets are damn good cigars.

lionloversam
June 17th, 2005, 04:49 PM
How about Middleton's Black and Mild cigars made with pipe tobacco?:cheese:

Nephilim
June 17th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I don't smoke fags much, but I make roll-ups and do smoke green; although menthol fags are pretty nice!

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Marlboro,Dunhill..
muahahahahahah
:lol::p

Nephilim
June 17th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by SoniqueX
I smoke Marlboro menthol

1. Those are the sexies cigs.

2. Men aren't supposed to smoke those. ;)

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
although menthol fags are pretty nice!

Nothing like a nice, long, smooth, stiff, hard, fag... :cheese:

Nephilim
June 17th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Nothing like a nice, long, smooth, stiff, hard, fag... :cheese:

x) Don't sound too perverted there. :idiot:

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 05:05 PM
x) Don't sound too perverted there. :idiot:

I couldn't resist myself, tobacco can be so orgasmic.

"It's like an orgy in my mouth." - Stewie

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 05:06 PM
I have smoked before, Id idn't really have a brand, I just smoked because I was stupid and thought that it was cool and would impress my friends. The only thing it did though was make me sick. Luckily, I didn't smoke for very long at all, I learnt my lesson on that particular subject early on.

lionloversam
June 17th, 2005, 05:15 PM
The thing i smoked i am unsure what the brand was. All I know is that it is a habit I am trying to resist.

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 05:24 PM
It's hard to quit smoking. Cold turkey is best if you really want to quit. As for these products like Nicorette/Commit Lozenges and such. They only prolong nicotine usage in the short-term, instead of acquitting it immediately.

;)

Aurelian
June 17th, 2005, 05:29 PM
No. I actually have a fair of cigarettes. A freind of mine lost her cousin from lung cancer from smoking. She was only 36 years old with two young children. IMO, cigarretes are death machines.

Iestyn
June 17th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I used to smoke, I don't any more though.

King Simba
June 17th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Never smoked. Never will. Both my parents have smoked in their lifetime but have both quit now.

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I smoke from time to time, 'tis a bad habit.

And its very naughty and I will spank you (yes you *points at you*) if you start smoking

Whitewolf
June 17th, 2005, 05:56 PM
I only smoked once and it was one those nice vanilla flavour ones which was cool i would say cause it did tasty alittle like Vanilla :evilgrin:

Kasun
June 17th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I smoked a cigar once cuz i was too high from doing weed and i didnt know what i was doing at the time =P

Hanshilo
June 17th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Well i used to smoke but now and then i'll have a few drags off me sister or might be lucky and buy a cigar for 40p which i prefer the cigars lot stronger and it isn't everyday just if i am down in the dumps and what to cheer up slightly...
:cheese: but i am not as depressed as i was a couple of weeks back so i don't have to actually smoke, we all try sometimes and i happened to be one of em:P

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Ummm...Genie no smokey. It's like signing your early death notice...and I'm not one too extatic about death. If ya really need the caffiene rush, take some coffee. My mother in law as well as my father in law get up at 5 am and puff away [gags] annnnd they drink coffee at the same time. Then they ask my sister whom is married to their son, why she herself doesn't get up so early? And Annie said it's because I don't need cig cigs and coffee to freak me out, she's gets up like a normal human being should and she eats breakfast and has just coffee. Kinda physcotic....:confused:

TakaTiger
June 17th, 2005, 07:09 PM
i have once ^^

Cerise
June 17th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
Never smoked. Never will. Both my parents have smoked in their lifetime but have both quit now.

Same here.

Yeah, I think smoking is stupid. Let's breathe in poisonus toxins! yay!

Nephilim
June 17th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Utora
Ummm...Genie no smokey. It's like signing your early death notice...and I'm not one too extatic about death. If ya really need the caffiene rush, take some coffee.

Huh? Caffiene in fags? ;P

King Simba
June 17th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Both my parents have smoked in their lifetime but have both quit now.
Swahili translation:

Sote angu mzaa hozi bi ao maisha bali wao hozi sote toka papa.

Just a little random Swahili translation for ya all. ;)

Nephilim
June 17th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Cerise
Same here.

Nothing everything you smoke's poisonus, un.

Juniper
June 17th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Same here.

Hope you don't drive a car

But a good number of people don't "breathe" in poisonus toxins, cigars and pipe smokers don't inhale; some cigarette smokers don't either

Cerise
June 17th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Eh, whatever. What do I know?

Nothing everything you smoke's poisonus, un.

I was talking about cigarettes and cigars, not everything.

Nephilim
June 17th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I was talking about cigarettes and cigars, not everything.

Hmm, okay. I just assumed from "smoking", thassall. :ayecapn:

TakaTiger
June 17th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Cigars smell sooo good to me O.O

Monai
June 17th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I don't smoke XD Don't plan to either. :p

Sharifu
June 17th, 2005, 08:55 PM
No I never smoked, and I never will. We all know how bad it is for you... Just cuz your friends do it, doesn't mean you have to. :p I have friends who do. I wish they didn't, but I can't make them stop, it's up to them.

Simba '04
June 17th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I haven't smoked because I really have had no interest in it and just always thought it was stupid (because it is ;) ), but after seeing my grandfather (my only true father figure since my real father passed away when I was a kid) in his death bed becuase of smoking cigarettes I have sworn off smoking and make sure my friends don't do it, I even got to help one of my good friends quit smoking after he had been smoking for years! I also have never even had a sip of any kind of alcohol (besides nyquil but that doesn't count :idiot:) because I want to stay drug free! :cheese:

Endra
June 17th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04
I haven't smoked because I really have had no interest in it and just always thought it was stupid (because it is ;) ), but after seeing my grandfather (my only true father figure since my real father passed away when I was a kid) in his death bed becuase of smoking cigarettes I have sworn off smoking and make sure my friends don't do it, I even got to help one of my good friends quit smoking after he had been smoking for years! I also have never even had a sip of any kind of alcohol (besides nyquil but that doesn't count :idiot:) because I want to stay drug free! :cheese:

No alcohol? You don't know what you're missing! I luv alcohol! ^_^

Oh... but I don't drink it THAT often :p

Lweek
June 17th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I don't like taste or even smell of cigars, but sometime I do smoke waterpipe. Waterpipes are tasty and smells good, like a fruit tea or so and are much much more safe than cigars.

If you smoke only for relaxation, try them, you'll maybe save not only your own health.
http://www.alaaddinscave.com/images/waterpipes/how_to_do_w_p/water_pipe_setup.jpg

King Simba
June 17th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Lweek
I don't like taste or even smell of cigars, but sometime I do smoke waterpipe. Waterpipes are tasty and smells good, like a fruit tea or so and are much much more safe than cigars.

If you smoke only for relaxation, try them, you'll maybe save not only your own health.
http://www.alaaddinscave.com/images/waterpipes/how_to_do_w_p/water_pipe_setup.jpg
Ah, one of those. I could've tried one of those out in Egypt. Didn't get chance though. :grrr:

Endra
June 17th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Oooh I want to try one of those! *looks for one on ebay*

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 11:47 PM
muahahaa..
shisha:p
some of my friend say that the l33t thing:p
ShiSha babY:p

Simba_TLK
June 18th, 2005, 12:04 AM
i have never smoked and never will ;)
some of my friends at uni smoke, ive suggested they quit, they said they will but i dont think it happening :confused:
anyway, its their decision i cant make them quit :p

Simba '04
June 18th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Aziri
No alcohol? You don't know what you're missing! I luv alcohol! ^_^

Oh... but I don't drink it THAT often :p

I really don't care what I'm missing :idiot:, I'm perfectly happy the way I am ;)

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Simba '04
I'm perfectly happy the way I am ;)

Dr Pepper/Dodge Viper/...and your hot-line. That'd be your ingredients. Are you available on the market for public use?

:cheese:

Simba '04
June 18th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Dr. Pepper is my alcohol
and I guess Dodge Vipers are my depressant or w/e cigaretters do :idiot:
and my hotline is well...my hotline ;)

am I open on the market for public use? umm....I guess so :p

Cerise
June 18th, 2005, 05:13 AM
*high-fives Simba 04*

Yay for clean people!

Sharifu
June 18th, 2005, 05:49 AM
I can't relate to people who smoke... I mean I have a few friends who do, but still I can't understand why people start.

Tigris Of Gaul
June 18th, 2005, 10:53 AM
http://www.puuma.com/stuff/smoker.gif

.. I don't smoke, however.

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Oooh I want to try one of those! *looks for one on ebay*

honestly..is it funny?:confused: it's rather sad and sick...:alone:

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 11:19 AM
i personally don't know why people smoke. i suppose you could relate it to self harming...

it gives the person some control over what they do in their life.

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
i personally don't know why people smoke. i suppose you could relate it to self harming...

it gives the person some control over what they do in their life.

eeeeeeeeeexactly...makes them calm,...er wakes em up...hell..i do that on my own account :lol: wonder what would happen if i actually had a cig cig..:confused:

Lweek
June 18th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Yes, that's truth. It's better don't start smoke. Even if you feel need for smoke Water pipes alias ShiSha could be compromise. Reasons:
1. it's smells good, not like tobacco
2. it's more healtier
3. you have chance that you don't become addict {depends on frequency}. and it's harder to smoke it everywhere you want

Even if you have smoking friends, you could try learn them smoke Water pipe instead of cigars. ;)

BTW: water pipes could be found in most of "tea restaurants"

Nephilim
June 18th, 2005, 11:58 AM
i personally don't know why people smoke.

Because you know it makes them cool. ;)

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 12:01 PM

Ummm...riiiiiiiiiiight:uhno:

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 12:34 PM

personally, i disagree with that. it makes you smell like you work on a farm, and every cig cuts 5 minutes off your life.

and also, the money that you would have saved on cigarettes would have bought a rather nice bunch of memorial flowers at your funeral.

but all in all, i don't mind. you can smoke if you want, but it is something i wont do. most of my friends smoke, and they respect my decision not to, and i respect their decision TO smoke.

it should be no different here. everyone here should respect the others deciaion about whether you smoke or not.

Nephilim
June 18th, 2005, 12:47 PM
personally, i disagree with that. it makes you smell like you work on a farm, and every cig cuts 5 minutes off your life.

and also, the money that you would have saved on cigarettes would have bought a rather nice bunch of memorial flowers at your funeral.

Awww, bless. People fail to understand sarcasm. ^^;

Mabatu
June 18th, 2005, 01:00 PM
No, i haven't smoked, and i've never had the slightest temptation to either, so i was lucky for that. I understand how some kids get a lot of pressure from their friends to do it, so i don't blame anyone who tries it or anything. If you get addicted to smoking because you were pressured into it, then that is highly unfortunate, but i think most people make their own mind up about smoking. If you decide to do it, nobody can tell you you shouldn't. It'd certainly be better for you if you didn't, but it's up to you. ;)

As others have said, i don't understand why people want to smoke. I find it hard to believe it tastes good too. I don't really know anyone who smokes, so luckily i'm not often around people who are smoking, because even breathing in their smoke is bad. Come to think of it, when my Pa was younger he smoked for a couple of years i think, and then quit cold turkey. Even though he only did it for a little while, there has been some damage to his lungs.

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 01:23 PM
i don't understand what cold turkey has to do with quitting smoking

lion_roog
June 18th, 2005, 01:38 PM

:haha:...For real...:D

I don't smoke because then I wouldn't be able to school all the fools on the court. Smoking didn't help me become a local legend, kids, and it wont help you, either.....Be cool, Stay in School!...[/End Paid Educational Crap].....:D

My Dad smoked, drank, and did drugs...and in return they gave him Emphazema, Liver Syrocsis (sp*), and Hepatitis C...And now he's dead...Yay for addictive and dangerous things and the decision to get hooked on them....:D

Ruska
June 18th, 2005, 03:37 PM
*raises hand*
I smoke. Finnish fags, call'd Smart.

Simba '04
June 18th, 2005, 08:09 PM
*high-fives Simba 04*

Yay for clean people!

*high fives back* :idiot:

i'm glad that Georgia banned smoking in public places because now when I go bowling I can actually breath! :cheese:

Dare
June 18th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu

I find it hard to believe it tastes good too.

I have the same idea when it comes to people telling me that broccoli, or any other vegetable for that matter, supposedly tastes good
(particularly when not accompanied by lots of butter, cheese or another condiment)

but, as I always say, "De gustibus non est disputandum".

i don't understand what cold turkey has to do with quitting smoking

"Cold turkey" is a slang term...it basically means abrupt, complete withdrawal from something that you're dependent on, I think.

Anyway, yeah, I smoke from time to time.
Haven't tried cigars yet...I wanna know what's so great about Cuban cigars.

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 08:37 PM

Sometimes it's humros...sometimes others are offended..sometimes...we just don't get it. I'm gunna take the "we just don' get it" for 5000$ please.:bleen:

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 09:04 PM
ooooh. can i have $5000?

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 09:05 PM
[throws money out] sure...just don' buy any cig cigs wiff em now ;) :lol:

Cerise
June 18th, 2005, 09:08 PM
..what does a water pipe do anyways?

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 09:17 PM
http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/water_pipes.html

it's all there

i just found that on google! i swear!!!

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 09:24 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Tanabi_/c-SarabiS.jpg

i got too much time in my hand :D

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 09:27 PM
oooh, Mizani won't be pleased...

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Since when were they cigars in the Pride Lands? :lol:

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 09:31 PM
since Marlbro open a shop next to the Pride Rock International Hypermall.

The Pride Rock Ride is there too!

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 09:41 PM
great....sounds like wentzville now ehn i think of it :confused: :lol:

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Since when were they cigars in the Pride Lands? :lol:

we also have prove that the Future prince has taken up smoking

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 09:49 PM
And who might that future prince be? :idiot:

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 09:50 PM
ME! i am the future prince of Pride Rock!

You must bow down before me and give me all your Popcorn Chicken and Tofu...

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 09:52 PM
ME! i am the future prince of Pride Rock!

You must bow down before me and give me all your Popcorn Chicken and Tofu...
<random> Wait. First, what's your name? Do I recall having a son called Dan or ILN?
And no, I will not bow down in front of you. :p </random>

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 09:52 PM
fine then. give me all your Tofu...

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 09:53 PM
fine then. give me all your Tofu...
I don't have any Tofu. :p Sorry...:ayecapn:

unregistered user
So you smoke Dan? :p

IchLiebeNALA
erm... but be here just in case I need to talk to anyone then

that's better than any tofu...

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Utora
So you smoke Dan? :p

i most certainly do not. that photo you see of me is merely a photo of a cigar imposed onto my face

DO NOT BE DECIEVED BY IT'S FAKENESS!

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 09:55 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Tanabi_/filmlionsmok.jpg

here is my evedence of KS smoking seee:evilgrin:

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 09:55 PM
erm... but be here just in case I need to talk to anyone then

that's better than any tofu...
Don't worry, I'll be here. Gotta go in 5 mins though. :grrr:

Originally posted by Whitewolf
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Tanabi_/filmlionsmok.jpg

here is my evedence of KS smoking seee:evilgrin:
What? I've never smoked a cigar in my life. :lol:

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 09:58 PM
*gasps* you smoke KS? :confused:

you disappoint me! :p :lol:

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 09:59 PM
:lol: Nah, I don't smoke. ;) My parents used to smoke though. =)

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 10:00 PM
awwww. hugs KS :hugs:

does anyone have any Tofu? i could really do with some tofu.

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 10:01 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/media/tofu.jpg

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 10:02 PM
YAY! TOFU!!!

*pounces on the tofu and starts choking on a hamster*

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 10:03 PM
hey get off my Tofu you savage Lion

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 10:04 PM
*coughs up hamster and hamster scuttles off*

I'M A GUY YOU IDIOTIC WHITEWOLF!

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 10:05 PM
oops sry i didn't see your small mane

http://www.vancetran.com/nimages/070204-tofu.jpg

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 10:10 PM
awww, for me Whitewolf?

you're so kind!

thanks Whitewolf

*shares his tofu with teh koolguy Whitewolf*

Sharifu
June 18th, 2005, 11:03 PM

I knew you were being sarcastic, pretty much by the ;) smilie. :p

Oy, my dad over the years has said he has quit smoking, then weeks later I will see him smoking again. He just can't seem to quit. XD A few weeks ago he said he quit smoking, then I saw him smoking outside a few days ago. And then when I was with him, driving back to our home from my Mom's place, (Which is about a 6 hour drive) I woke up in the truck smelling cigarette smoke, and looked over at him and he was smoking. And he was like, ?Oh sorry honey, it keeps me awake I wont do it again.? :rolleyes: I can?t stand the smell of it, it?s really bad for you as well?

la_reina
June 18th, 2005, 11:36 PM
I couldn't resist myself, tobacco can be so orgasmic.

"It's like an orgy in my mouth." - Stewie

:eww::eek::gasp::cringe:
Now I'm having bad pictures in my head

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 11:44 PM
oops sry i didn't see your small mane

http://www.vancetran.com/nimages/070204-tofu.jpg

ahHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol::lol::lol::idiot: :lol: :o :cringe: :kovusmile
[dances] you got a small mane...wait..lemme fix that dan..
[yoinks the single strand of red fur off your head] HE'S MANE-LESS!!!!

Whitewolf
June 19th, 2005, 03:54 AM
O now you done it Utora

unregistered user
June 19th, 2005, 06:05 AM
1. Those are the sexies cigs.

2. Men aren't supposed to smoke those. ;)

*getting back to this...*

Well, apparently I do. My girlfriend smokes Camel Turkish Gold, is that a lady-like thing to do?

Inherent labeling is to be ignored, IMS...

Mizani
June 19th, 2005, 07:51 AM
I'm never gonna smoke. What more can I say?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Tanabi_/c-SarabiS.jpg
i got too much time in my hand :D

oooh, Mizani won't be pleased...

Hey hey hey, nobody insults the queen of the Pridelands and gets away with it!
I shall turn you into an EGG ROLL!!!!

*poof*

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/Mizani/egg_roll.jpg

Okay people go back to your homes, theres nothing to see here.:uhno:

IchLiebeNALA
June 19th, 2005, 07:59 AM
COOL! Whitewolf's an egg roll!

*cuts egg roll in half and shares it with Miz*

Mizani
June 19th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Dan, stop eating Whitewolf:browlift:
As punishment I shall let you and Whitewolf sit in my cellar and rot or all eternity!!
This would be the perfect plan, but sadley I don't have a cellar.

IchLiebeNALA
June 19th, 2005, 08:06 AM
*stops eating the egg roll*

not nice anyway. it's too eggy.

how about you leave him out on your windowsill?

let him bake even more?

Mizani
June 19th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Na, not cruel enough.

*thinks amazing and slightly scary evil thoughts*

I SHALL SELL HIM TO A BARVARIAN HAMPSTER WITH ONE LEG, WHERE HE SHALL COLLECT MOLD BECAUSE HAMPSTERS DON'T EAT EGG!

IchLiebeNALA
June 19th, 2005, 08:18 AM
wow! that's random!

i'm up for that! now, we just have to fine the Bavarian Hamster with one leg...

well, my neighbour has a Bavarian Hamster. does anyone gave any scissors? jk;)

Mizani
June 19th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Dan, thats just whackhttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/Mizani/d832a393.jpg

unregistered user
June 19th, 2005, 10:26 AM
haha keep on topic people..
fo real
smoke for me.. it's a bad thing. but.. haha addictive :p

Whitewolf
June 19th, 2005, 05:30 PM
you could always quite with to Patches

*Turns Mizani into a piece of fat Juicy steak* that for the egg roll :D

Sharifu
June 19th, 2005, 08:47 PM
It makes me sad that STM smokes. :( He didn't smoke at all when he was here in California, but now he says since he got home, "I have smoked couple but not regulary no". I thought he could just stop totally, but it just seem like smokers can't!

Nephilim
June 20th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
but it just seem like smokers can't!

It seems kind of harsh to me to label people like that, just from one habit. It's such a negative thing to do.

unregistered user
June 20th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Its not easy just stopping like that, I havnt really tried stopping but I know one who tried a couple of times and after a few days he feels like ****.

Azerane
June 20th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I don't smoke and I haven't tried it and I don't plan to. My dad smokes and it's just really awful. I know he quit once, before I was born and he took it up again, so he's always smoked, I think he managed to quit for about 6 months once, which was cool, and he would always say that he's gonna quit but I'd always see him smoking again, it's sad really but I guess I don't really understand how hard it must be to stop something that's so addictive. I wish he'd stop but I can't make him do that and he's the only one who can do it, other people can only support him.

la_reina
June 20th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Never touched a cigarrette and hopefully I never will, because I don't plan to either.
However, my older brother smokes, though not around me, thankfully, 'cause I'd hate to see him do it. He says he's not addicted, because he doesn't smoke a drug. I just wish he didn't at all, but who am I to convince him to quit?
So I just put up with the smell everytime he visits.

unregistered user
June 20th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by la_reina
He says he's not addicted, because he doesn't smoke a drug.

The last time I checked, the alkaloid nicotine causes addiction, therefore, tobacco is considered as a legitimate drug.

SimbaGirl
June 20th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I do; when I'm on fire.

lion_roog
June 20th, 2005, 05:11 PM
The only thing I'm addicted to is Love...:D :cheese:

And Dr. Pepper...:D

Lucy Lioness
June 20th, 2005, 05:23 PM
What about turkey? =D

Back on topic - I don't smoke, it's addictive and it smells - but each to their own I suppose.

Opera Ghost
June 20th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I don't smoke and hopefully never will

Sharifu
June 21st, 2005, 01:26 AM
It seems kind of harsh to me to label people like that, just from one habit. It's such a negative thing to do.

Well I didn't mean to be mean... I guess I was just upset, but it just seems like people I know who said they would quit or did, just start smoking again. Like my dad.

I know STM is trying to quit, but I was just pretty upset about so many people I know smoking I guess.

Endra
June 21st, 2005, 01:27 AM
Well I didn't mean to be mean... I guess I was just upset, but it just seems like people I know who said they would quit or did, just start smoking again. Like my dad.

I know STM is trying to quit, but I was just pretty upset about so many people I know smoking I guess.

I know what you mean. My dad said he would stop smoking by father's day... and he didn't :(.

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 03:14 AM
I know what you mean. My dad said he would stop smoking by father's day... and he didn't :(.

If I rember right, my Grandpa smoked for years and he quit, not the same for my Grandma though.

Alli
June 21st, 2005, 04:03 AM
Ugh, smoking...Never tried it and i don't think i ever will. I mean, i'm not gonna try to be cool and i can figure out other ways to lose weight or relax *shivers* plus, after seeing all the horrible things it does to your body i can barely stand the smell

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Alli
Ugh, smoking...Never tried it and i don't think i ever will. I mean, i'm not gonna try to be cool and i can figure out other ways to lose weight or relax *shivers* plus, after seeing all the horrible things it does to your body i can barely stand the smell

It's strange, when you've smelled it for all your life and have grown acustomed to it, it's not bad at all.

Sharifu
June 21st, 2005, 04:47 AM
Whether you are used to the smell or not, it's still bad for you.

When I was younger (like 6 or 7) my parents took my sister and I to Lake Tahoe a lot. And I was used to the smell of cigarette smoke in the casinos. (Well actually I didn't even realize what that smell was) I am not used to it now. I hate the smell really. And second hand smoke is really bad for you too.

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 04:48 AM
Oh, boy. This thread sure is making me famished. I think I need a cigarette. Sa-wheat!

"Random Fact: Nicotine is used as an insecticide in its liquid form to treat tobacco from various Insecta."

The American Cancer Society: ; ) (http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ped/content/ped_10_13x_quitting_smoking.asp?sitearea=ped)

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 04:48 AM
Whether you are used to the smell or not, it's still bad for you.

When I was younger (like 6 or 7) my parents took my sister and I to Lake Tahoe a lot. And I was used to the smell of cigarette smoke in the casinos. (Well actually I didn't even realize what that smell was) I am not used to it now. I hate the smell really. And second hand smoke is really bad for you too.

Yeah, but what you gunna do about it?

Sharifu
June 21st, 2005, 04:49 AM
What I am going to do about it? Is there anything I can do about it?

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 04:50 AM
What I am going to do about it? Is there anything I can do about it?

Just a joke my dear, nothing to read into. :noogie:

Sharifu
June 21st, 2005, 04:51 AM
Oh heh. :p

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 04:52 AM
Oh heh. :p

I probably get full blast of second hand smoke, but ehh, whatever will be will be. :browlift:

la_reina
June 21st, 2005, 11:39 AM
The last time I checked, the alkaloid nicotine causes addiction, therefore, tobacco is considered as a legitimate drug.

Now I feel better :uhno:

Juniper
June 21st, 2005, 12:26 PM

So is caffeine, it's chemical structure is almost exactly that of cocaine.

LunarCat
June 21st, 2005, 07:00 PM

very true, sad but true

never smoked and never will. the consequences are too great.

lion_roog
June 21st, 2005, 07:07 PM

But Cocaine is far more destructive.

Whitewolf
June 21st, 2005, 07:08 PM
now now we all need coffee i can't live if they take out coffee :eek: so don't even think about it:die:

Endra
June 21st, 2005, 07:16 PM
Coffee... mmmmmmm.

I really hope my parents stop smoking soon. They are only killing themselves... (well and me and my little brother via second hand smoke).

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 07:27 PM
I think I need a cigarette.

Me TOO! :D Who are you, BTW? :confused:

LunarCat
June 21st, 2005, 07:31 PM
^ crazy man :idiot: :uhno: :noogie: :lol: :D

Suki
June 21st, 2005, 08:51 PM
Don't smoke. It's terrible IMO. I've never done it (and never will), and the same with alcohol. Don't drink either, it sucks.

Look At Siggy! Has teh link...

Nephilim
June 21st, 2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Suki
the same with alcohol. Don't drink either, it sucks.

But it's so, so good... :D

Juniper
June 21st, 2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
But Cocaine is far more destructive.

That's because when it's taken, it's taken in relatively large and pure doses; and most people have developed a serious tolerance to caffeine. Take about 10-15 caffeine pills (that'll equal about the level of pure cocaine a new user would take) and you'll get similar effects of taking cocaine. When Coca-Cola contained cocaine (long long time ago), it had just about the same effects as the caffeine in it does today because it wasn't pure or in relatively large doses. Caffeine is just as addictive too. So, what's the difference between the two? Society accepts caffeine because it's so common. If cocaine was more commonly in drinks and foods, society would see it as just another ingredient on the nutrition facts.

Suki
June 21st, 2005, 09:14 PM
But it's so, so good... :D

Okay then, I guess you can go ahead and have lung cancer.....fine by me. :p

Nephilim
June 21st, 2005, 09:15 PM

I was speaking of ze alcomahol.

Edit; what's your avy of, or is it a random red thing?

Juniper
June 21st, 2005, 09:16 PM
I don't have a problem with anyone who smokes (Mainly because I occasionally do) as long as they don't complain to the government or tobacco companies when they're lying on their death bed. I know that if I keep smoking, or start smoking a lot again, it'll probably kill me sometime in the future. But, like I said, I won't be complaining if/when it happens.

Lion King Stu
June 21st, 2005, 09:17 PM
I was speaking of ze alcomahol.

Edit; what's your avy of, or is a random red thing?
woot for alcomahol...liver is evil and must be punished :p

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 09:17 PM

she's playing with you.

King Simba
June 21st, 2005, 09:18 PM
Speaking of alcohol, I know someone who had to be taken to hospital the other day because she drank too much alcohol over the lunch hour. It was a full bottle of vodka I believe. :p She's back at school now though. She only had to be kept in over night.

Whitewolf
June 21st, 2005, 09:24 PM
lol that bad you should not drink that much

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 09:26 PM
Speaking of alcohol, I know someone who had to be taken to hospital the other day because she drank too much alcohol over the lunch hour. It was a full bottle of vodka I believe. :p She's back at school now though. She only had to be kept in over night.

:worried: Damn! A full bottle of Vodka?!

Nephilim
June 21st, 2005, 09:33 PM

Oh god. A big bottle? Damn, now I have shared a whole bottle between me and a friend, and that got us both pretty legless, but it was over a period of about four hours. I could probably down a bottle myself and be okay with it now. It depends on how used to it your system is.

What a silly girl.

A boy in my school was taken to hospital too, as he drank so much his heart stopped.

Lion King Stu
June 21st, 2005, 09:37 PM
well i bet that kinda ruined his day...gah damn kids and drinking to much; when will they ever learn.

Dare
June 21st, 2005, 09:40 PM
I have friends who can down entire bottles of vodka and not feel a thing...I've never tried doing such a thing myself...I prefer tequila or whiskey.
:evilgrin:

Caffeine is just as addictive too. So, what's the difference between the two? Society accepts caffeine because it's so common. If cocaine was more commonly in drinks and foods, society would see it as just another ingredient on the nutrition facts.

It's always fascinated me with how quickly people seem to forget caffine is a drug.
I find it even more fascinating how some people I know claim to not be dependent on anything, yet are serious caffineaholics...they can't function in the morning without coffee and they drink quadruple shot espresso at lunchtime.
I mean, I like coffee as much as the next guy, but...

unregistered user
June 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
well i bet that kinda ruined his day...gah damn kids and drinking to much; when will they ever learn.

but it's so good! :cheese:

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2005, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Wicked
I have friends who can down entire bottles of vodka and not feel a thing...I've never tried doing such a thing myself...I prefer tequila or whiskey.
:evilgrin:

Hmm... my kind of crowd. 'Might have to visit you sometime, Wicked. ; O

Alli
June 22nd, 2005, 04:41 AM
Mmmm, but alchohol is so...good, lol. I love it when my parent's have some in the house. Very good ;) But i never overdo it.

starionwolf
June 22nd, 2005, 04:47 AM
Nein. I have not. I already have health problems.

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2005, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Alli
Mmmm, but alchohol is so...good, lol. I love it when my parent's have some in the house. Very good ;) But i never overdo it.

wOOt! Unofficial party at Alli`s house :knowdees: !!!

lion_roog
June 22nd, 2005, 06:17 AM
That's because when it's taken, it's taken in relatively large and pure doses; and most people have developed a serious tolerance to caffeine. Take about 10-15 caffeine pills (that'll equal about the level of pure cocaine a new user would take) and you'll get similar effects of taking cocaine. When Coca-Cola contained cocaine (long long time ago), it had just about the same effects as the caffeine in it does today because it wasn't pure or in relatively large doses. Caffeine is just as addictive too. So, what's the difference between the two? Society accepts caffeine because it's so common. If cocaine was more commonly in drinks and foods, society would see it as just another ingredient on the nutrition facts.

Caffeine is not addictive, but can be habit forming.

http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/health-info/drug-alc/caffeine.html

Plus I have never seen lives destroyed over caffeine nor do I know anyone who has killed for caffeine.

Mizani
June 22nd, 2005, 07:02 AM
you could always quite with to Patches

*Turns Mizani into a piece of fat Juicy steak* that for the egg roll :D
ooohhh great..........now I'm steak. You haven't won the war yet Whitewolf:grrr:

Anyway people, I thought this thread was about smoking, not caffiene no matter how much some of us love it.:uhno:
To get back on track, I had to view these smoking ads that could possibley be aired on Canadian TV. We had to vote which one we thought was most affective and why. Some of them were really gross and disturbing:cringe:

Juniper
June 22nd, 2005, 03:04 PM
Caffeine is not addictive, but can be habit forming.

Caffeine reduces, or in extreme cases, nearly replaces dopamine in the brain. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter (usually causes pleasure) that has a certain neuro-receptor, but caffeine looks enough like dopamine to that receptor that it does the same thing dopamine would. Then the brain quits making as much dopamine because it thinks it's been making too much. As a person keeps using caffeine, the brain makes less and less dopamine. When a person tries to quick using caffeine, they feel depressed, sick, and just plain crappy, because the dopamine isn't there and they need caffeine to pick them up. That's a psysiological addiction.

Caffeine's chemical structure (the same chemical structure that looks a lot like cocaine and various amphetamines) is so similar to adenosine, it hooks onto the chemical receptors in the brain that are normally made for adenosine. Unfortunately, the receptors don't fire, as they normally would with adenosine, because it isn't the right chemical. Adenosine is the brain's depressant, but if the receptors can't read it, the brain gets too energized. Then the adrenal glands make adrenaline, because normally an over-active brain means there's danger. The heart starts racing and muscles start working a lot harder. Adenosine, used in other parts of the brain, also allows blood vessels to open more, but it can't because of caffeine. That means the body's demanding blood that the vessels can't handle, the person goes into cardiac arrest and dies. That's how people who take amphetamines or cocaine sometimes die too. Now, you hafta take a lot of caffeine to have that happen to that extreme, at least six caffeine pills, but that's how it happens usually when a person dies from caffeine overdose.

Back to what Roog was saying though, people don't kill eachother over caffeine because it's easy to get. If cocaine wasn't illegal, it'd cost about twice as much as caffeine in the same amount to get and no one would have a problem. When you start to make things illegal though, they start to cost a hell of a lot more. Then people start to get in fights over the limited supply or the outrageous costs and fights lead to people dying.

And some cigarettes have caffeine in them, so we're on topic :p

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2005, 03:26 PM
I see no problem with drinking or smoking, as long as it's done in moderation. :ayecapn:

Of course, I rarely drink or smoke...but once in a while I will.:evilgrin:

lion_roog
June 22nd, 2005, 04:02 PM
Caffeine reduces, or in extreme cases, nearly replaces dopamine in the brain. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter (usually causes pleasure) that has a certain neuro-receptor, but caffeine looks enough like dopamine to that receptor that it does the same thing dopamine would. Then the brain quits making as much dopamine because it thinks it's been making too much. As a person keeps using caffeine, the brain makes less and less dopamine. When a person tries to quick using caffeine, they feel depressed, sick, and just plain crappy, because the dopamine isn't there and they need caffeine to pick them up. That's a psysiological addiction.

Caffeine's chemical structure (the same chemical structure that looks a lot like cocaine and various amphetamines) is so similar to adenosine, it hooks onto the chemical receptors in the brain that are normally made for adenosine. Unfortunately, the receptors don't fire, as they normally would with adenosine, because it isn't the right chemical. Adenosine is the brain's depressant, but if the receptors can't read it, the brain gets too energized. Then the adrenal glands make adrenaline, because normally an over-active brain means there's danger. The heart starts racing and muscles start working a lot harder. Adenosine, used in other parts of the brain, also allows blood vessels to open more, but it can't because of caffeine. That means the body's demanding blood that the vessels can't handle, the person goes into cardiac arrest and dies. That's how people who take amphetamines or cocaine sometimes die too. Now, you hafta take a lot of caffeine to have that happen to that extreme, at least six caffeine pills, but that's how it happens usually when a person dies from caffeine overdose.

Back to what Roog was saying though, people don't kill eachother over caffeine because it's easy to get. If cocaine wasn't illegal, it'd cost about twice as much as caffeine in the same amount to get and no one would have a problem. When you start to make things illegal though, they start to cost a hell of a lot more. Then people start to get in fights over the limited supply or the outrageous costs and fights lead to people dying.

And some cigarettes have caffeine in them, so we're on topic :p

True, but it's not a strong physical addiction. No one steals or commits theft for a caffeine addiction. Most Physcologists who deal with addiction don't even like to use the term "addiciton" with caffeine, they'd rather call it a "dependancy", because they would rather save a word as strong as "addiction" for more harmful and addictive drugs. And it's not as hard to kick caffeine as say, Heroin or Crystalmeth. Heroin and such create such a bad addiction that people will steal and ruin their lives for the drug...I have never heard of anyone doing that for caffeine.

Juniper
June 22nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
True, but it's not a strong physical addiction. No one steals or commits theft for a caffeine addiction. Most Physcologists who deal with addiction don't even like to use the term "addiciton" with caffeine, they'd rather call it a "dependancy", because they would rather save a word as strong as "addiction" for more harmful and addictive drugs. And it's not as hard to kick caffeine as say, Heroin or Crystalmeth. Heroin and such create such a bad addiction that people will steal and ruin their lives for the drug...I have never heard of anyone doing that for caffeine.

Because it's so easily available. They don't have to steal and ruin their lives for caffeine because it's right in front of them. No one will break into a store to steal a can of pepsi because they can just as easily go home and make a cup of tea. However, I'm sure there's been cases of shoplifting where a person without money needing caffeine has slipped a can of Pepsi in their pocket and walked out the door. That's theft.

A psysiological addiction is the worst addiction you can have. Caffeine, like cocaine and amphetamines, replaces certain chemicals in your brain (dopamine, among others) and stops others from working (adenosine). That means that two things happen. One, the brain quits making dopamine in order to compensate for the caffeine taking dopamine's place. When a person gets off of caffeine, the lack of dopamine can lead to depression, anger, mood swings, loss of sleep, and it's possible for a person's heart to stop (though very very unlikely). Secondly, when adenosine doesn't work in the brain, the brain makes more. If the brain makes too much, and caffeine (which blocks the receptors for adenosine) is taken away, there's a rush of adenosine's effects on the body. Blood vessels dilate, meaning head aches and nausea; nerve cells also fire slower (the main effect of adenosine), so that rush of adenosine is also like taking a minor depressant drug (alcohol, marijuana, etc...). It's not unheard of for a caffeine crash to lead to a car crash.

If you managed to find a person who has never had caffeine before, and you gave them about 300mg-700mg, which is how much a normal teenager consumes, it could cause some major problems (possibly even death), and a major rush, just like cocaine. The reason average people in society don't have these problems is because we're so used to it, we're developed a tolerance to certain levels and need more for that rush. If you took a similar amount of cocaine since age five, you'd be doing just fine right now.

lionloversam
June 22nd, 2005, 04:58 PM
I can't live without caffiene! *points to sub-title* I am the espresso king.

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2005, 06:14 PM
A little off-topic:

Relative deaths in the Persian Gulf War; particularly to U.S. tankers' died of caffeine poisoning (*and in partial cause of an artificial sweetener,) due to dehydratase effects. The main fluidic ingestion was diet sodas. Of course, that made things worse because of the crystalline dipeptide ester that's used in diet sodas mainly to serve as a dietetic.

As Pntbll said, it doesn't take anything major to kill you, anything small can, in the correct overdosage.

lion_roog
June 22nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Because it's so easily available. They don't have to steal and ruin their lives for caffeine because it's right in front of them. No one will break into a store to steal a can of pepsi because they can just as easily go home and make a cup of tea. However, I'm sure there's been cases of shoplifting where a person without money needing caffeine has slipped a can of Pepsi in their pocket and walked out the door. That's theft.

A psysiological addiction is the worst addiction you can have. Caffeine, like cocaine and amphetamines, replaces certain chemicals in your brain (dopamine, among others) and stops others from working (adenosine). That means that two things happen. One, the brain quits making dopamine in order to compensate for the caffeine taking dopamine's place. When a person gets off of caffeine, the lack of dopamine can lead to depression, anger, mood swings, loss of sleep, and it's possible for a person's heart to stop (though very very unlikely). Secondly, when adenosine doesn't work in the brain, the brain makes more. If the brain makes too much, and caffeine (which blocks the receptors for adenosine) is taken away, there's a rush of adenosine's effects on the body. Blood vessels dilate, meaning head aches and nausea; nerve cells also fire slower (the main effect of adenosine), so that rush of adenosine is also like taking a minor depressant drug (alcohol, marijuana, etc...). It's not unheard of for a caffeine crash to lead to a car crash.

If you managed to find a person who has never had caffeine before, and you gave them about 300mg-700mg, which is how much a normal teenager consumes, it could cause some major problems (possibly even death), and a major rush, just like cocaine. The reason average people in society don't have these problems is because we're so used to it, we're developed a tolerance to certain levels and need more for that rush. If you took a similar amount of cocaine since age five, you'd be doing just fine right now.

Cool Cool...I know that caffeine can be habit forming and all, but I still wouldn't put it on the level of Cocaine or Crystal Meth, ect...Caffeine is considered a mild stimulant.

Suki
June 23rd, 2005, 12:07 AM
Edit; what's your avy of, or is it a random red thing?

If you look closely, it's actually Violet (when they started putting the credits going up, before, they had 5 red pics of ze family designed like that). Those long lines (obviously) are supposed to look like her hair.:D

I'm thinking of changing my avatar though.:D

I'll shut up now. :D

Whitewolf
June 23rd, 2005, 04:38 AM
*takes a puff from 2 cigars and say the famous line " AHH YES I AM IN FAVOUR COUNTRY"

NA you shouldn't smoke ... i know sometime people smoke to deal with stress but it still not the best thing to do ........

:evilgrin: :gasp: :D

Sharifu
June 23rd, 2005, 04:56 AM
I get stressed out a lot too, but there are other things I can do then smoke to calm me down. I just wish some people would realize that.

Suki
June 23rd, 2005, 06:32 PM
I get stressed out a lot too, but there are other things I can do then smoke to calm me down. I just wish some people would realize that.

I know, so do I...

IchLiebeNALA
June 23rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
you can beat the living crap out of your pillows. that causes no-one any harm unless you pillow is made out of barbed wire...

Endra
June 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
you can beat the living crap out of your pillows. that causes no-one any harm unless you pillow is made out of barbed wire...

EDIT: Let me reword this...

Punching a pillow is a great idea. To relieve stress I usually listen to music or listen to running water ^_^.

IchLiebeNALA
June 23rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
listening to running water makes me want to go to the toilet

Lucy Lioness
June 23rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
listening to running water makes me want to go to the toilet

And the winner for the most unneccesary comment ever goes toooo.......*drumroll* Dan! (ILN)
:rolleyes: Jeez man, I do not wanna know that! :p And let me remind you of the topic - smoking.

:p

Ahem! I'm joking. :D

IchLiebeNALA
June 23rd, 2005, 08:01 PM
sorry about that, but it does!

anywho, my sister smokes and i can't stand her doing it. but she's 19, so i let her.
It's her decision to smoke, so i stand by her with that decision, even though it hurts me to watch her do it

Whitewolf
June 23rd, 2005, 08:18 PM
lol well she only shortening her life... I hear smoking makes you look urgly when you older

Dare
June 23rd, 2005, 09:56 PM
I hear smoking makes you look urgly when you older

I hear that sunbathing/tanning also makes you look ugly when you're older...not to mention it being an avenue to get melanoma, yet for some reason the vast majority of people I know seem to have no problems with baking themselves.
;)

Must be vanity.

unregistered user
June 24th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I wouldnt worry to much about the dying part...its simple math really

you smoke...then you laugh

They always say a good laugh prolongs(correct word? :E) life.

Bagheera
June 24th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I used to smoke cigarretes and cigars but not anymore, too expensive and besides I never enjoyed it.

Juniper
June 24th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Boos
I wouldnt worry to much about the dying part...its simple math really

you smoke...then you laugh

They always say a good laugh prolongs(correct word? :E) life.

Plus, you're still gonna die if you don't smoke :p

unregistered user
June 24th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Plus, you're still gonna die if you don't smoke :p

Yep, it might not be smokes but it can be alot of other things, hopefully old age for those who wants to live long and prosper.

Juniper
June 24th, 2005, 08:28 PM
A person can be fit, healthy, never smoke, drink, do drugs, eat fast-food, or whatever and get nailed by a bus and die at 20 years old.

It'd be ironic if they person driving the bus was smoking 0_o

I guess my point is that something's gonna kill you, so you might as well enjoy life=D

unregistered user
June 24th, 2005, 08:31 PM
A person can be fit, healthy, never smoke, drink, do drugs, eat fast-food, or whatever and get nailed by a bus and die at 20 years old.

It'd be ironic if they person driving the bus was smoking 0_o

I guess my point is that something's gonna kill you, so you might as well enjoy life=D

Yup yup, which is why I am enjoying a few beers right now :P

some people may not like drinking but I enjoy it, now I only want to get a flight cert ;)

Iestyn
June 24th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I agree pnt, that's why I have my sexy Smirnoff bottle with me *hugs Smirnoff* ^_^

unregistered user
June 24th, 2005, 08:55 PM
smirnoff bottles are sexy! Though I prefer beer before vodka though ;)

Nephilim
June 25th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Boos
smirnoff bottles are sexy! Though I prefer beer before vodka though ;)

Did your mother drop you on the head as a child?

unregistered user
June 25th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Not as far as I can remember :p

unregistered user
June 25th, 2005, 06:12 PM

OH OH OH! My mom did! :ayecapn:

Endra
June 25th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by PhantomBPR
OH OH OH! My mom did! :ayecapn:

We already knew that Phantom ;)

I don't *think* I've ever been dropped on my head... but who knows!

In the words of the wise Dan the Spam... ZEEEKY BOOGY DOOG!

EDIT: And to stay on topic - smirnoff bottles are sexy.

lionloversam
June 26th, 2005, 06:16 PM

No, but I did fall down the stairs, getting a bruse on my head twice. But, not at the same time. And I was like 6 or 7 at the time.

Endra
June 26th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by lionloversam
No, but I did fall down the stairs, getting a bruse on my head twice. But, not at the same time. And I was like 6 or 7 at the time.

Woah! So did I! I remember tumbling down the stairs and hitting my head on our wooden floor. :confused: :D

King Simba
June 26th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Speaking of cuts, bruises, injuries etc. I once cracked my head open after tripping over my dad's feet. I hit my head on the video cabinet near the TV. I was only 3 at the time though.

:confused:

IchLiebeNALA
June 26th, 2005, 07:45 PM
when i was 4, i was riding my bike inside for some random reason and my head went straight through the side of the fish tank

(or so my mum says)

unregistered user
June 26th, 2005, 09:33 PM
(seriously) When I was about 6 I was over at my grandma's house and I was running around outside her house, and she has these stairs going up to her porch to get into the house and I hit my head on a sharp part of the railing! :gasp: :eek: :eww:

lionloversam
June 29th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Cigars aren't made to be inhaled, they're worth about five cigarettes at once if you do, and they'll make you pretty sick.

How about really deep puffs? Are those okay?

Inuchance
June 29th, 2005, 02:08 PM
*takes a puff from 2 cigars and say the famous line " AHH YES I AM IN FAVOUR COUNTRY"

"BOTH of them?" "It's a big country"

I've taken only about two very small puffs on cigarettes in my entire life, but I don't ever have plans to actually start smoking. My caffeine addiction is already expensive enough.

lionloversam
June 30th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Here is a dog that appears to enjoy stogies. (found this in google) http://www.bargains4pets.com/gallery/albums/userpics/foxy%20and%20her%20stogie.jpg :cheese:

unregistered user
July 2nd, 2005, 12:30 AM
http://health.howstuffworks.com/nicotine3.htm

Xinithian
July 2nd, 2005, 12:32 AM
http://health.howstuffworks.com/nicotine3.htm Welcome back.

Xinithian
July 2nd, 2005, 12:34 AM
If you ever enjoyed the taste of a fresh cigar after a hard day's work, I doubt you'd think it was so stupid. You probably only think so because your body has adapted to the chemicals. If you had never smoked, you probably wouldn't think the same about it as you do now.

nafklt
July 4th, 2005, 03:29 AM
No one in my family smokes, I'm not going to either.

Fear The Paw
July 4th, 2005, 09:57 AM
I have never smoked, and pure pressure can be a sucker.

lionloversam
July 15th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Just found this:

Giving up does produce results.
As soon as you give up smoking, your body will start to heal.

Here is a rundown of what happens after you?ve smoked the last cigarette:

After 20 minutes:
Arterial pressure and the pulse return to normal.
Body temperature increases to its normal rate.

After 8 hours:
The carbon monoxide level in the blood decreases and the level of oxygen increases to its normal rate.

After 24 hours:
The danger of a heart attack is reduced.

After 48 hours:
Food tastes and smells better.

Between two weeks and nine months after:
The coughing, congestion, tiredness and breathlessness are reduced.
The general energy level increases.

After 1 year:
The danger of suffering a heart attack is now half of that for a smoker.

Between five years and 10 to 15 years later*:
The danger of developing lung cancer reduces by nearly half.
The danger of dying is the same as that for a person who has never smoked.

15 years to completely recover!!! I only started smoke cigars for the flavour. And only had six cigars so far so I can't be hooked yet. Can I? But what they don't tell you is cigars are addictive too. NO more for me. NO more I say. I despise how the ignorent tobacco companies manipulate and distort the facts. Cigars are safe because you don't inhale. Yeah right. It is not worth it for me. But what can I replace it with? Possibly explore the flavours of new foods?

:grrr: :confused: