PDA

View Full Version : Random Bit of News - UK to be hit by Heatwave

IchLiebeNALA
June 17th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Sun worshippers are in for a treat over the next few days as a heatwave hits the UK, forecasters predict.

Temperatures are set to soar thanks to a combination of high pressure and winds blowing from the south, with 31?C (88?F) predicted in London at the weekend.

The mercury is due to reach 25?C (77?F) in parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland tomorrow and Saturday, while inland parts of England and Wales will be even hotter.

The highest temperature so far this year was 31.9?C (89.4?F) in London on May 27.

Michael Dukes, of the PA WeatherCentre, said the summery weather was good news for Wimbledon, which begins on Monday.

He predicted plenty of fine, very warm weather for the first week of the tournament, with the rain likely to hold off for the second week as well.

"At this stage, the signs are good, with the computer models indicating little or no rain for much of next week so interruptions to play should be few and far between,'' he said.

"Umbrellas are more likely to be used for shielding the sun than the rain.

"The second week is a bit far away to be sure, but early hints are that there will continue to be a lot of dry weather.''

Sea breezes will keep coastal areas several degrees cooler at the weekend, while the heatwave is expected to be bad news for hay fever sufferers, with high pollen counts predicted in many areas.

King Simba
June 17th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Yep, and it's about time! I heard about this on the weather forecast this morning. It's cloudy but pretty warm here at the moment. Hopefully the sun will come out later. =)

Nephilim
June 17th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Dammit man, it's bloody boiling here today. Something like 27?C outside, and 35?C in my house. >: (

King Simba
June 17th, 2005, 12:08 PM
It's around 25?C here today although it's pretty cool inside school for some reason. :hmm:

Mizani
June 17th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Glad I live in Aus:evilgrin:

Nephilim
June 17th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
It's around 25?C here today although it's pretty cool inside school for some reason. :hmm:

*shakes fist*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Nephilimart/untitled.jpg

As taken on my webcam.

IchLiebeNALA
June 17th, 2005, 12:23 PM
bloody hell, that's hot

here it's like...

erm...

20, in the house

Iestyn
June 17th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Up here it's warm and humid, but no sun. I hope there's a thunderstorm, I love those x)

nathalie
June 17th, 2005, 12:48 PM
They say it'll come to Belgium too, this weekend 30 - 31?C

King Simba
June 17th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
*shakes fist*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Nephilimart/untitled.jpg

As taken on my webcam.
:gasp:

It's still hot and humid here and I realised I need to open the window. *is sweating*

IchLiebeNALA
June 17th, 2005, 02:50 PM
:eww: sweaty KS! :eek:

Monai
June 17th, 2005, 03:17 PM
It's humid here. XD

unregistered user
June 17th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Such lovely heat. :diva:

King Simba
June 17th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
It has been boiling here today in the North West :eek: !!! I think it has been over 25?C :eek: !!! I had cross-country today, I felt boiling after it, and I still feel very hot :eek: ...
Ugh, cross country in this heat? :eww:
We don't have to do that anymore thankfully. ;)
It's actually nice, warm and sunny now and I have the window open. :cheese:

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 12:03 AM
lol:p
over here same ol same ol 35 :p

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 08:09 AM
I kept the bedroom window open all night seeing as it was about 35?C in my room and the humidity was too much. It's alright now seeing as we had the window open all night.

unregistered user
June 18th, 2005, 11:42 AM
WHAT!!!?

The highest temperature so far this year was 31.9?C (89.4?F) in London on May 27.......

wow!! [eyes bagoogle] Yall need to feel what it's like when it's 95 degrees f ovahere, with a high of 102 in humidity...and THATS common...[shrugs] peeps got normal..and peeps got crazy normal i suppose...

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Todays forcast in T.O

61?F
Overcast
Wind: NE at 7 mph
Humidity: 94% :cheese: =D it nice and cool :hakuna:

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 03:12 PM
I kept the bedroom window open all night seeing as it was about 35?C in my room and the humidity was too much. It's alright now seeing as we had the window open all night.

this guy need Air Conditioning here:lol: :p

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 03:24 PM
well, i can now say thet the tempertature in my area has peaked at 35?C

and it's bleeding yorkshire!

Whitewolf
June 18th, 2005, 03:26 PM
yea when we had the Heat wave we hitted a Temperature of 38 C with 100% humidity but i say in since i keep the house at 20 C

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
well, i can now say thet the tempertature in my area has peaked at 35?C

and it's bleeding yorkshire!
Whoa... :gasp:
Here in South Yorkshire temperatures reached 31?C. :eek:

It's actually cooler inside my house than it is outside.

Iestyn
June 18th, 2005, 04:53 PM
My car was like a sauna when I got in it today, I had to open both windows and put the fans on to get anywhere near to comfortable o_O

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Iestyn
My car was like a sauna when I got in it today, I had to open both windows and put the fans on to get anywhere near to comfortable o_O
Same with my parents car. :eww:
Both my parents automatically switched on the air conditioning after getting in. I actually tried to avoid getting in the car too early cos' it was so hot. I made a wise decision me thinks.

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Same with my parents car. :eww:
Both my parents automatically switched on the air conditioning after getting in. I actually tried to avoid getting in the car too early cos' it was so hot. I made a wise decision me thinks.

you're lucky that you just had to get in the car.

i had to mow all 3 lawns (sure they're small, but it still takes ages, about 20 minutes each), cut both hedges (about 30 minutes each), then pack all of it up in bags.

THEN, i had to get in the car, drive 5 miles to the local tip, dump the stuff off, then get back in the car and go home.

and both times, the car was hotter than the Chicken Vindaloo i had for my lunch

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Well, at least the car had air conditioning.

And geez, that doesn't sound too good, with it being hot and all.

We have 3 lawns around our house and all 3 are a pain to do. My parents do most of the gardening though and my dad seems to be obsessed with buying flowers lately.

EDIT: The local dumpit site is not even a mile away from where I live so that's alright I guess. :confused:

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 08:07 PM
well, it loks like you got off lightly there KS!

besides, i get paid for it, so it isn't all bad

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 08:16 PM
My dad used to let me help him handwash the car when I was younger. I got paid so much for it and it got added on to the amount of pocket money I got at the end of the week. No idea why he stopped handwashing it though. :hmm:

Back on topic anyways. I don't really like to bring things off topic. =)

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 10:27 PM
they've forcasted 23c for midnight

King Simba
June 18th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Well according to BBC weather, the current temperature where I live is at least 23?C. :gasp: It'll be 20?C at 4am apparently.

IchLiebeNALA
June 18th, 2005, 11:08 PM
:eek: god knows how i'm gonna get to sleep!

well, i may as well try.

night all