PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Uhurua
May 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a 23 years old girl from Finland. I've been lurking different kinds of TLK related sites for many many years but haven't got the courage to write anything in English until now. I'm totally obsessed with The Lion King and I think it's by far the best movie I've ever seen.

I thought this forum was way bigger than it is now. I understood that this is "Lea Halalela vol. 2". Am I right?

If you want to know some facts about me, here are some. I work in a pharmacy as a pharmacist. I like to read books, watch movies, draw and do different kind of sports. I have my own TLK related RPG called Lion's Land which is only in Finnish.

I have a bad habit of being only a lurker but I try to write here at least sometimes. :)

PS. Oh, for those who remember Finnish TLK forum called Pride Board, my old nickname there was Ilu.

King Simba
May 5th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Hey there Uhurua! :D How is that pronounced, may I ask? :curious:

It happens that there are quite a few Finnish members here, or there have been over the years. Among them are SimbaTheMighty (who lives in the US now) and Revo. ;)

Also, your English is fine. There are many members here who don't speak English as their first language, so you're not alone in that. :mufasasmile:

I thought this forum was way bigger than it is now. I understood that this is "Lea Halalela vol. 2". Am I right?

Actually, this is the 3rd site of Lea. We've only just recently re-opened again, so things will be quiet for now. I think you joined at a good time. ;)

Welcome to Lea! :cheese:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 5th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Welcome to Lea!

Nice to have a new new member on Lea Vol.3, hope you settle in okay and find your way into the various random topics!
:D

Guntur
May 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the Third Generation of Lea. =) Have a good time posting here!

Ngatuny
May 5th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Welcome to Lea:cheese:

Sombolia
May 5th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Hi, welcome to Lea! :) Don't worry about your English, it's just fine. I hope you enjoy yourself here. :D

Nuduli
May 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Welcome to Lea, you'll love it here! Your English is well done too, no worries. :)

Aurelian
May 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Welcome to Lea.

During the end of Lea ver.2, when we were dealing with the bots invasion, we had very few new people join the forum, and those who did were pretty much intimidated right back out by said bots. Nice to see our influx of new members picking back up now.

Gotta admit, I'm probably gonna confuse Uhurua(from Star Trek?) and Utora left and right now!

Nuduli
May 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I can understand the confusion but it's easier to tell by their awesome avatars. :cheese: And yeah, I first thought of 'Uhura' as well. ;)

Guntur
May 5th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Indeed, people more recognize through their Avatar and Signatures than the username itself!

Sadiki
May 5th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Oh, Ilu. I remember you, even thought I wasn't very active on Pride boards. I mean I did go to couple of meetings there and I did probably rack up 150 posts or so, but I can't really say I was very active. Anyways, welcome aboard and as so many have said don't worry about your English, mine was absolutely horrid when I joined, I think most people couldn't even understand what I was trying to say, yet now 7.5 years later, I feel my English has gotten way better and even the grades at school confirmed it ;)

And yeah this is 3rd Lea, hopefully the last one as now it's owned by people who actually care of it's existence. I have a feeling the last Lea wasn't showing up too well on search engines as we really never got new members there. But yeah I'm blabbering again... Elikkä tervetuloa ja nauti olostasi, jos on jotain kysyttävää ni voi ottaa yhteyttä englanniksi tai suomeksi privaatilla viestillä :p

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Howdy! :D Welcome to Lea!

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Safila
May 5th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Welcome :cheese:

Azerane
May 9th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Welcome to Lea Uhurua, I really hope you enjoy your time here :)

Twilight_Sparkle
May 14th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Welcome to Lea! :D

Lion King Stu
May 14th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Jambo and welcome to Lea, we're friendly and don't bite....hard :lol:
Hope to see you more acctive on the forums at some point, have a introductory cookie :D

Safila
May 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Welcome.

http://adashofcinnamon.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/cupcake_narrowweb__300x4440.jpg

KanuTGL
May 14th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome! Hope you'll like it here :)

Revo
May 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM
How did I miss this thread :\ :woe:...
Welcome to Lea finally, we hope you'll find it comfortable here. Don't worry about your English, it is absolutely fine ;). Better than most people you meet on the internet, much better than even some native speakers. Besides, we've got so many non-native speakers here that we can't really account for going "grammar Nazi" all over you anyway. Not that there seems to be a need for that :p.
I was a very brief visitor at Pride Boards, but I remember you. I think :thinks:. Anyway, I like your new username. Has a nice ring to it.

lionloversam
May 14th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Welcome to LH. Enjoy your stay, post a lot and most of all have fun.

Uhurua
May 15th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks to all! :)

I haven't seen a single episode of Star Trek. Actually I was thinking Uhuru (freedom in swahili and the highest peak of Kilimanjaro) as my nickname, but it was taken in TLKFAA and in DeviantART so I decided to add letter A. I can't really write any pronunciation guide for Uhurua. Here in Finland words are pronounced just like they are written. King Simba, you can pronounce Uhurua any way you like. :)

Revo
May 15th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Oo-hoo-roo-ah is the way I think most English people would write the Finnish pronounciation of the name ;). With the weight of the word on the first "oo".

Leorgathar
May 15th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Welcome welcome, Uhurua, I'm sure you'll like it here, feel free to look around and post :)

Levin
May 16th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hello there and welcome =)