PDA

View Full Version : 'Old' Lea Nostalgia Thread

Sombolia
May 4th, 2011, 08:33 AM
This isn't meant to lock out new members, just to laugh at the sometimes-silly things we used to do... we were all younger, after all! :p

What are some things you remember about the olden days of Lea that aren't around anymore?

For me: I couldn't use the username Sombolia because of an issue with my cookies, so I signed up with the name SomboliaTheLion. That, along with my friendship with STL, got me dubbed "mini-STL" by Neph for a very short period of time. xD
I was also honourary British for vague reasons I don't remember.

For a time pretty much every one had sigs made by Lucy or KS. At one point I had a sig and avatar of the Drew Carey Show.
:woe:
I am a dork.

Some mods and admins had those, well "mod/admin" bars in their sigs... Nathalie had a funny one that had Simba's shifty eyes and said "watching you" or something like that...
:p

Oh, and a lot of people had "Team Night Sky Blue!" or "BUMMS" in their sig. I'm sure there were some other groups like that too.

Now your turn! What sticks out in your memory?

King Simba
May 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM
You mention some good ones. :ooo: Being a Lea member since 2004 I remember those you mentioned pretty well. I also remember Sonique having that "Team Night Sky Blue" animated gif in his signature too... xP

I remember the time where the RP section would be really popular. I was part of STL's RP back then and I was very much in to it that most of my posts would be in that section (I remember having like 15,000 posts on the first Lea which really showed that :lol:) So much that I created my own RP called "The Adolescent Years" which focused on Kovu and Kiara in their adolescent stage. It's funny because even though that was what the RP was based on, most people in there would just use their own characters, and Kovu and Kiara never got mentioned. :gasp:

Guntur
May 4th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I remember that it's been 7 years Audra and Petteri been together since the "I love Sharifu" thread in Upendi late 2004 and early 2005.

I always remember those good old chat with Audra, Shatara, KS, Roog, and others in the YM.

Who wouldn't forgot Two kings of Random: King Sonique and King Roog the Lion.

Roog gets another title, called: The Flirtatious King: King Roog the Charming, or Roog the Casanova!

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 4th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I remember there being an entire royal family of Randomness...I think me, Mizani, Utora and Fendi were in there somewhere!

Also remember the parties we used to have, still have a picture of Simba staring at a lettuce drawn by Miz...something about dressing up vegetables!

The day posts in the Elephant Graveyard no longer counted towards your post count was the day I lost a lot of interest in the board...
:lol:

I had a sig done by KS back then, lots of pictures of Nala. I wish I could remember what my avatar was, but I have a feeling it was just the standard 'Nala looking over the water' shot.

I think we need to start bringing back all the tags in our signatures!

I was also the Lea matchmaker, because I set up a couple of relationships...can't remember if any of them were the ones that lasted though...I had a thread for the Lea Matchmaking Service, which I was actually going to resurrect a couple of years ago.

King Simba
May 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Let's not forget Roog and his lionesses either. He had pretty much every female member's name in his signature. :lol:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 4th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Let's not forget Roog and his lionesses either. He had pretty much every female member's name in his signature. :lol:

Some tried to copy... I know I got a few of the young lionesses but nobody could get close to Roog!

Guntur
May 4th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I remember there being an entire royal family of Randomness...I think me, Mizani, Utora and Fendi were in there somewhere!

we have turned from fun into an issue. :lol:

Since the royal fever doesn't end right now. We should form another Dynasty for Randomness. :p and we should reform the Dynasty of Randomness and Dynasty of Blue sky. Just for fun's sake. :wicked:

So, who's gonna be the Duke?

Yes I'm a horrible clone of Roog's Flirtatious ways. :woe:

nathalie
May 4th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Some mods and admins had those, well "mod/admin" bars in their sigs... Nathalie had a funny one that had Simba's shifty eyes and said "watching you" or something like that...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/avaters/adminbanner.png

Nuduli
May 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
These make for interesting reads. :lol: Of course, I might not understand it all but it sure is entertaining nonetheless. :evilgrin:

Simbaspirit
May 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM

Roog's lionesses unite! :lol: Yeah KS and Lucy were the sig queens, my sig right now is actually one that KS made me back in 2005 :) Remember the Lion King gameshow? that was soo awesome. I also remember logging onto Lea and since the last time I had logged in 3 hours ago there were tons of new posts and threads. I remember the Matchmaking service :lol: I actually kinda dated someone from Lea back in 2006 which didn't go so well :cringe: its the main reason I was absent from the forum for so many years. I also remember that there was someone (I can't remember who :thinks: who did gif requests.

Long live lea :D

nathalie
May 4th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah, "Who wants to be king of the Pride Lands" with Tim as host, that was just simply awesome!

Revo
May 4th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Oh yeah, "Who wants to be king of the Pride Lands" with Tim as host, that was just simply awesome!
Yes! I am so glad I got introduced to Lea in time to participate in one or two games. Those were an overwhelming amount of fun.

King Simba
May 4th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Ah, who could forget WWTBKoTPL... I loved playing it while it was around. I never won, but it was a fun adaptation, and also a chance to chat and compete with fellow Lea members. ;) Kudos to Tim for creating it and coming up with such a great idea. :cheese:

Sadiki
May 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I don't know why but I cannot really add anything on this thread, even I'm one of the rare members that been around sense 2003. I was rather inactive from 2005 or 2006 onwards till I pretty much moved here so I'm sure there is ton of stuff I have missed. Even thought everything mentioned here take place pretty much in 2004 which I very well remember.

What comes to I love Sharifu thread, I had feelings for Audra even before that, but we didn't get together until May 3rd 2005. Thought for me most memorable things are outside the board with people I have had pleasure to meet over the years in person. Also the random group chats and group voice chats stick to my mind from 2004. I don't know what happened from then onwards. I guess I just got busy with other stuff, mostly because I was working a lot and trying to finish school along working and making time to visit my present wife.

But yeah none the less this place will always have a special place in my heart. And it sure is in my best interest to keep it running for a long time with everyone's support. :hugs:

Sombolia
May 4th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I actually kinda dated someone from Lea back in 2006 which didn't go so well :cringe:

Oooh, do tell :secret:

I remember WWTBKOTPL! I only got to play once or twice, but it was really fun. That was great.

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Oh WWTBKOTPL if only that check were real. :lol: I still have it hanging on my door.

I know it's not that old, but the Nala's Hotness thread was classic. :lol:

Darkslash
May 5th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Oh, hey all, I remember you!

Good times, I'm still around...

Guntur
May 5th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Sorry J, I should have message you on facebook =(

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Oh WWTBKOTPL if only that check were real. :lol: I still have it hanging on my door.

I know it's not that old, but the Nala's Hotness thread was classic. :lol:

I thought of bringing back that thread, for old time's sake...

;) :rawr:

Sombolia
May 5th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Oh, hey all, I remember you!

Good times, I'm still around...

Darkslash! :psst: How are you?

Aurelian
May 5th, 2011, 03:59 PM
My signature from back then ws made by the talented Eva Janus. Until I moved on to the one I made myself with the paragraph from my story.

Speaking of stories, I remember that we had quite a group of writers back then. Ghalati, 2 DIE FR, LKS(I remember his fic featuring him, Shadow, and Princess Nala/Meghan), Kiva, Shadow, and myself.

=Originally Posted by Sombolia

Despite being a mod for only a very brief period(I was hired at the same time as Azzy, Wicked, and KS, I believe, before I left weeks later due to time restraints), I still have my old banner in my Photobucket, I think.

I was in Fendi's group, but that was the only one.

Does anybody else remember "Bloody Paw"? The one major troll we had in the history of this community. She made Zira seem like a sweet heart, and she repeatedly bypassed her bans. It was quite a relief when she stooped showing up.

Hey, Darky! Welcome back!

Finally, since we are reminiscing, I will never forget all those members who have moved on from the community: Naline, Ghalati, Sonique, Nephilim, Ruska, FC Simba, Starlioness, Eva, nafklt, Boos, CotP, Princess Nala, Akiko, I know there is a ton of names I am forgetting.

Guntur
May 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hmmm.... I miss Nafklt, I've inviting him on facebook just now.

Hah Bloody Paw, how she hates my relationship with Reina, My "online" ex. :lol: She received a black mail by using an unknown account to break us up. Good ol days.

And Bloody Paw? How I remember how she try to woo me on the internet. :lol: Still... good ol' days.

I'm a good friend of Pablo and Thomas (a.k.a blackn0x) and regularly chatting with them, it seems that they've lost their interest on the forum but manage to befriend them over Live Messenger.

Yeah, Sonique, Ghalati, Nephilim, Naline should be in the check list to re-invite them back to the forum. That's the only name that I can remember and how they give a good deed to me, all of us and the forums.

Sombolia
May 5th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Speaking of stories, I remember that we had quite a group of writers back then. Ghalati, 2 DIE FR, LKS(I remember his fic featuring him, Shadow, and Princess Nala/Meghan), Kiva, Shadow, and myself.
Finally, since we are reminiscing, I will never forget all those members who have moved on from the community: Naline, Ghalati, Sonique, Nephilim, Ruska, FC Simba, Starlioness, Eva, nafklt, Boos, CotP, Princess Nala, Akiko, I know there is a ton of names I am forgetting.

Oh yes! I also remember KS's story, I believe it was called "Night Out" or something to that effect.
Neph also used to post a Final Fantasy fic in The Mirage that I always read despite having zero familiarity with the source material. She was very talented.

All those names, man. Does anyone know how Ghalati, Boos, etc are doing these days?

nathalie
May 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I miss Boos :(

I still have that admin banner :p

Aurelian
May 5th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Boos has a Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=741347992). Don't know if it is active, though. I remember him being listed as a Lea group admin before S'04 updated it.

Simba
May 5th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I don't know why but I cannot really add anything on this thread, even I'm one of the rare members that been around sense 2003. I was rather inactive from 2005 or 2006 onwards till I pretty much moved here so I'm sure there is ton of stuff I have missed. Even thought everything mentioned here take place pretty much in 2004 which I very well remember.

What comes to I love Sharifu thread, I had feelings for Audra even before that, but we didn't get together until May 3rd 2005. Thought for me most memorable things are outside the board with people I have had pleasure to meet over the years in person. Also the random group chats and group voice chats stick to my mind from 2004. I don't know what happened from then onwards. I guess I just got busy with other stuff, mostly because I was working a lot and trying to finish school along working and making time to visit my present wife.

But yeah none the less this place will always have a special place in my heart. And it sure is in my best interest to keep it running for a long time with everyone's support. :hugs:

came in here to mention that about the chats...o what fun :cheese:

Sadiki
May 5th, 2011, 07:20 PM
came in here to mention that about the chats...o what fun :cheese:

indeed it was.. oh all the randomness back in that time... What happened to all of it.

Ngatuny
May 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM
The chats were great, also the dreaded stick of DOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jejeje:

Sadiki
May 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Haha who could forget the stick... I still have the crappy stick animation I made by using image ready.. oh those were the times I tell you.

Added: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/stick.gif

Like I said it's crappy, I had win 98 back then and my computer could hardly open up Photoshop :lol:

Simba
May 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
indeed it was.. oh all the randomness back in that time... What happened to all of it.

we grew up? :go-on:

Sadiki
May 5th, 2011, 09:29 PM
we grew up? :go-on:

:gasp: Anything but that... plus I heard that men never grow up so I think I'm pretty safe there. :cheese:

But yeah in all honestly I do miss some of the good old times thought I can't be complaining the present days either... a lot of that random stuff back then actually lead to where my life is now days... How can a message board have such an impact on ones life... I have no idea. I guess life is mostly about random events happening in certain order and sometimes things will just click on place.

Leorgathar
May 5th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Gawd, you guys make me wish I had been part of Lea during those years :lol:

King Simba
May 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Gawd, you guys make me wish I had been part of Lea during those years :lol:
:lol: Aww, well at least you were here to see the birth of the Nala's Hotness thread. ;)

Oh yes! I also remember KS's story, I believe it was called "Night Out" or something to that effect.
Oh yeah, it was called "Friday Night Out". I remember being so far into that story. :ooo:

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Added: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/stick.gif

This needs to be a smiley. I shall make it so. :lol:

Darkslash
May 7th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Darkslash! :psst: How are you?

Hey! Been good. Graduated from college. Training in the Navy for nuclear propulsion. Will report to a submarine by year's end, hopefully.

Kiva
May 8th, 2011, 02:07 AM
These nostalgia threads always seem to be around when I happen to check out the forums randomly.

I still think about the "good 'ol days" and the people I used to and in some cases still have contact with. Those were some pretty fun and/or emotional times for me.

How's everyone doing lately? :)

Vidan
May 8th, 2011, 03:00 AM
I remember someone mentioned the Badger from Weebl's Badger Song being roasted on a stick and I made a quick illustration of it in Paint, then people started to add stuff to it, including a picture of Steve Irwin. Those were good times.

King Simba
May 8th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Welcome back Kiva! :cheese:

How's everyone doing lately? :)
I'm doing pretty well, thanks. :) And I'm looking forward to my trip to Mexico at the end of June. ;)

Here's something pretty nostalgic. Those of you who went to Dan's 18th Birthday mash-up in London will remember this moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sps0vxtsdx8

It's the legendary flamethrower, all thanks to Adam (TL). :lol:

Guntur
May 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
We're doing alright Kiva/Sean. =)

But I do believe that the good ol' times are refer to the 'traffics' and the users on the board on 2003-2007. Because all my good times are chatting with users here and having fun than hanging out with a certain group.

Sombolia
May 8th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Hey Kiva and Vidan, nice to see you guys posting again. ^^

Kiva
May 8th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Well you can thank the Lea FB group for bringing me back. Can't say how active I'll stay since I am actually leaving for a deployment to Iraq (for all intents and purposes) tomorrow. I still should have access to the internet and all that for the next three months or so. Not sure how it'll be in country.

In terms of things I remember...most of my memories are from the "Shadowy Place" debates. Of course, now I try to avoid debates if I can because they never turn out pretty. I prefer more lighthearted foruming! (Yes, foruming is a new word I invented) :)

Sadiki
May 9th, 2011, 02:30 AM
It was nice catching up with you yesterday. I can't even remember when was the last time before then. Aaaanyways, keep in mind my advice for Iraq ;)

Kiva
May 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Yes, it was nice. It was probably years ago that we last talked :P

I will keep your advice in mind and I will definitely try to keep in touch :)

lionloversam
November 4th, 2013, 03:09 AM
I was just about to make a thread like this. Glad I did a search first. It brought back a lot of memories reading through. I remember having IM chats with a few of you as well.

I wish I remembered more. Especially 2006 to early 2007. It is not the case anymore, but in that time frame I had a few drinks before I got on here most of the time. Almost hate to admit that though.

I am trying to remember when my outward appreciation for Kovu started. Can't recall exactly though.

Kasei
November 4th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks to you I just read through all of these. xD Even though I have no idea what most of it was, I do recognize some names from Lilymud and even some of the games that were carried over to TLKFAA such as WWTBTKoTPL (I think that's the acronym xD). Whatever happened to Roog anyway?

Guntur
November 4th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Whatever happened to Roog anyway?

He's alive and well... Well judging from the PM I sent him in Facebook of course, we had a little chat back in 2011 though!

nathalie
November 4th, 2013, 02:27 PM
So, that's 2 years ago ... I haven't heard from him since eather. I wonder where he is ...

Guntur
November 4th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Well I'm going to message him to rejoin the community (Which I believe it would take time for him to rejoin). So let's hope, friends.

Safila
November 5th, 2013, 10:13 AM
He's doing ok, still studying, and going thru some stuff, last I heard he was talking to my mum XD

HasiraKali
October 18th, 2014, 05:39 AM
I'm bumping this thread because I found a thing on an old hard drive...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/LeaHalalela/simbathegrouch3.gif

Anyone remember this? It was from a thread about how Simba acted more grouchy in SP. :lol:

Leorgathar
October 18th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Wow, I somehow remember that :lol:

Vidan
October 18th, 2014, 06:50 AM
I don't remember that particularly, but it's gold.

King Simba
October 18th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Yep, I remember that one. :lol: Can't remember how that thread went, but I can remember that. :p