PDA

View Full Version : Last Week!

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Probably the most dreadful things I've experienced, ever...

Sunday, June 5th, 2005 -(11:59:00-PM/ET)- :

I was going for a hot cup of coffee, I happen to glance out the window as I walked by. I seen my neighbours heads looking to the right of me. Then, at that instant; I seen a bright red orangish glow, I already knew what that meant. I rushed ever-so hurriedly outside my house, and witnessed a house ingulfed in flames, just three houses down.

The flames were extremely intense, and I couldn't believe the actual size of the flames. I was in my driveway, I had a mercury thermometer in-hand, the temperature contrast from where I was and from the other side of my house was a huge difference, upwards to 10 degrees F.

Nobody at the time was inside of the A-frame collapsing structure, thank heavens for that miracle! Just minutes later, the fire dept. came and washed that engrossing blaze out. I was relieved, seeing that monstrosity come to an end.

The damage was evident; with severe structural damage, the house is no longer liveable. The house was a 125 year-old historical piece, now a diminished landmark.

:(

EDIT: Note: No pictures were taken, due to the owners' respect. =)

nafklt
June 9th, 2005, 06:40 AM
:(:alone: RIP to history, it's a great loss. Happy to hear no one's hurt...:(

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 06:42 AM
im speechless.. :ohno:
sorry to hear that :(..
*hugs* sonique.. maybe i can entertain yah:D

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 06:53 AM
You know, I've never actually experienced anything caught on fire or anything of that sort. So I can't really imagine what that had to be like for you or anyone else who's seen something similar. I'm just glad that no one is dead. History lives forever, not in buildings, but in the heart of us all though, so history isn't dead =)

Mizani
June 9th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Shame. Another part of histroy lost:(

King Simba
June 9th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks for sharing the news mate. Looks like another part of history is burnt to the ground. :(

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 02:20 PM
I forgot to add "the cause" of the fire, I was half asleep, but anyway... Apparently, it was the lint trap inside of a dryer. I think it had to do with some clogging; I guess it caused the dryer to seize up; then it just ignited with an eery explosion.

King Simba
June 9th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by SoniqueX
I forgot to add "the cause" of the fire, I was half asleep, but anyway... Apparently, it was the lint trap inside of a dryer. I think it had to do with some clogging; I guess it caused the dryer to seize up; then it just ignited with an eery explosion.
Nasty...well at least no-one was in the house at the time. :(

Hanshilo
June 9th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I have and i will never be so stupid again:alone: :badnews:
I was a complete idiot. and i am really ashamed.
Sorry too hear about house, poor ppl living there.
Good though no one was in there.
Did the police have any suspicion weather it was arsnel or just an accident, tripped wire or something:gasp:
Opps didn't read that:E

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 07:48 PM
The fire marshal's conclusion was, there wasn't enough ventilation where the dryer was located; and that was the "just if," of the situation, then it lead to an electrical fire.

Hanshilo
June 9th, 2005, 07:54 PM
I see, so well i am glad you are okay, you might ave been injured.

King Simba
June 9th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Ravoc
You know, I've never actually experienced anything caught on fire or anything of that sort.
There was a fire at the horse stables on the racecourse near to where I live a few years ago. Residents living around the area all gathered to witness the fire. The smoke seemed to make the sky go all grey and dark. Apparently, some kids set fire to the horse stables. This has happened at least twice. :grrr:

Hanshilo
June 9th, 2005, 08:10 PM
were the horse okay. Damn kids.
that is why i will never make a mistake like i did again cause i could of had someone hurt or killed.

King Simba
June 9th, 2005, 08:13 PM
There were no horses in the stables at the time, thank god.

TakaTiger
June 9th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Wow.... O.O

la_reina
June 9th, 2005, 11:24 PM
House-fire...*shudders* don't remind me...:(:(
I'm sorry to hear that happened....glad no one was inside...

W-Eyed-Wanderer
June 11th, 2005, 12:50 AM
We had a chimney fire at my house when I was about 6...I was afraid of fire for years, had nightmares n' everything...

But essentially as long as nobody was hurt the end result was okay...

I hate fire...

Xinithian
June 11th, 2005, 12:57 AM
I remember the Californian fires last year. The flames were incredible. It was really sad to see the flames engulf everything, and the worst part about it was that it was done on purpose. I was worried for a few days because the flames were somewhat close to our house.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
June 11th, 2005, 01:07 AM
We got regular updates about the Cali fires over here...even though obviously it didn't affect many of us Brits directly.

Looked pretty horrible...weren't there similar fires in Oz fairly recently as well? I'm sure our Aussie members can clear that up for me...

Fire's a git anyway...
:grrr:

King Simba
June 11th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Whilst on holiday last year, the temperatures were so hot that forest fires were caused. We even drove by one on the motorway. The flames seemed pretty intense. On the way back, the flames had been put out but most of the trees and grass had been burnt down. The temperatures were near on 100 degrees then anyways. :hmm: