PDA

View Full Version : Life's greatest questions

IchLiebeNALA
June 8th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Sparked off by a conversation on the bus home, I bring you some of LIFE'S GREATEST QUESTIONS:

1) Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
2) If mineral water has been flowing though mountans and streams for thousands of years, why does it have a sell by date?
3) If a tree falls down in the middle of a forest, and there's no-one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
4) Why are addictive substances usually bad for you?

if there are any others i have missed off, please post them on here.

and feel free to discuss the answers (comedy answers please. i'm not in the mood for seriousness at the mo)

TakaTiger
June 8th, 2005, 11:09 PM
If you put a slinki down the up Escalator, will it go forever?

If you choke a smurf, what color will it turn?

thats all i can think of for now

Prince Simba
June 9th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Which came first, time or space? :p

All of those are great philosophical discussions, but I prefer my philosophical debates to be in person, because then they only drag on for hours, not weeks :lol:

Juniper
June 9th, 2005, 01:06 AM
1. The egg. Don't contradict me :evilgrin:

2. All water goes bad after a while from things growing in it.

3. Depending on your interpretation, it varies. "Sound" has many definitions. To me it, doesn't make a sound, but it makes sound waves. Sound is a psychological concept, sound waves are energy that exist in physical space.

4. It's a conspiracy Oo

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 02:10 AM
-Chicken *looks over at Pnt* :p Seriously, chicken eggs need to be sat on to grow, and even if it didn't, whom would take care of the baby chick?

-Mineral water is all natural, that is to say it's substances come from various parts of nature and then they are put together unnaturally to create mineral water (it's got all those minerals in it)

-O'course it makes a sound. Just because we can't hear it, does not mean that sound loses its power in the universe. That would be the same as if to say, if a light is shining in an empty room, is it actually shining?

-They're addictive, you want a cure, but if you can't stop using it, you lose control,a nd people love control, especially over their own lives. Habits stop them from having control the same way that addictions do.

-Nah, some one will eventually stop it cause escalators are fun attractions to be rode on by bored college students, so they'd probably stop the slinky. That and the fact that escalators are turned off and cleaned and repaired now and then.

-If you choke it long enough it will turn black from rigor mortis :gasp: :p

-It was a close match, and they ended up tying in that race I believe =P

LunarCat
June 9th, 2005, 03:18 AM
in response to the chicken one, neither.

because of the plastic its placed in, or glass, whatever container

Yes, it will make a noise, whether it makes a sound, i didn't hear anything :p

addictive substances generally bad for you because of the excessive amounts of intake

:D :cheese:

Mizani
June 9th, 2005, 12:43 PM
1) The amoeba that evolved into a chicken!
2) Ask mother nature.
3) Yes, but I'm not gonna stick around a bunch of falling trees to prove it.:Psst:
4) Why do adictive substances taste good?:p

W-Eyed-Wanderer
June 9th, 2005, 09:21 PM
1. The egg - dinosaurs laid eggs thousands of years before chickens came along.

2. A lot of best before dates are a scam anyway but mineral water has it because any water that isn't moving is going to grow bacteria. When it's involved in the great circle of life up in them there mountains it's constantly moving from ocean to sky to river...etc...

3. Yeah, you can generally tell the tree's fallen down because of all the birds that fly up and make a racket...Also it's a bit of a stupid question because just because no human's sitting about to see something happen doesn't mean it didnt happen.

4. As LC said...it's usually the repeated consumption of said substances that is bad for you, not the substances themselves....obviously there are exceptions but then you did say "usually"

:diva: Thank you, thank you....:D