PDA

View Full Version : You have werid and then you have Nut Jobs (Warning...it werid alright)

Whitewolf
June 8th, 2005, 05:37 PM
A pound of PETA

PUBLISHED: June 6, 2005

STEVEN SENNE
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA, member Chris Link of Norfolk, Va., top, adjusts the cellophane covering on the costume of demonstrator Dezeray Rubinchik of Philadelphia, top right, during a protest in front of the Statehouse, in Providence, R.I., Monday, June 6, 2005. The protest, in which three people placed themselves in containers resembling supermarket meat trays, was meant to compare eating meat with cannibalism. PETA member Karolina Colwill of Sioux Falls, S.D., appears center. (AP Photo/Steven Senne)

http://www.dailytribune.com/images/lead_image/6605_512.jpg

:gasp:

LunarCat
June 8th, 2005, 05:51 PM
:gasp: PETA is way to extreme.......:gasp: no offense, but these people need to GET A LIFE. i'm all for ethical treatment, but this? this is just stupid.

Whitewolf
June 8th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Yea when i was reading the news on the net and saw this i was like wtf these guys are nut case

Hanshilo
June 8th, 2005, 06:20 PM
MAd B****rd's how the hell they breath i wouldn't know.

That is stupid.

haha but very amusing for me=D

unregistered user
June 8th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Hmm... they look tainted. Welp, back to teh store for these meatbags. -- *sigh* Soylent meat is so expensive these days.

:lol:

Nephilim
June 8th, 2005, 07:11 PM
I hate PETA.

unregistered user
June 8th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I'm with Neph, I hate PETA too. Their organizations do more harm than help for animals. They only provide one purpose in life, to remind us how idiotic people can really be when allowed.....

Aurelian
June 8th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Odd. I live 10 minutes south of the state building, and have heard nothing of this. I keep up with the news too.

PETA are nothing more then environmental terrorists. It is one thing to love animals, and to even refuse to look down on them, as I do. It is another thing to worship them like some God. Humans are omnivoars by nature, and by not eating certain animals, we would interupt the circle of life. Nothing against vegetarians, aswe can just as easlily by herbivors if choose, but PETA can't rid the world of meat eaters. By the way, Providence has an average of a shooting a week, so freaks like those should be glad they are alive.

Question: Anybody have any idea why they targeted Rhode Island? With the usual exception of fast food joints, I have heard nothing about canabalism or inhumane killing.

Juniper
June 9th, 2005, 01:55 AM
PETA makes me laugh. At them, not with them, of course.

What did they expect out of all of that? People are just gonna revoke millions of years of evolution leading us to be omnivores just because some wackos wrapped themselves in cling wrap?

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 01:56 AM
PETA..
for me Peta is a map:lol:

Dare
June 9th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Mmmmm....humans...taste like chicken.

PETA = teh evil

Vidan
June 9th, 2005, 02:20 AM
PETA doesn't have a coherent mission statement or unified management. Seems like it's just one stunt after the other. I do like some of their print materials, including Ingrid Newkirk's book "You Can Save The Animals," but their publicity stunts don't convey a singular message other than Humans Suck.

I think PETA would be better of taking a more middle-of-the-road approach, such as encouraging a reduction of meat in our diets or addressing the more pertinent problem of human overpopulation and its relation to factory farming and environmental destruction.

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 02:25 AM
That's just the thing though, PETA doesn't want to give. They're extremists, environmental zealots you might say even...

Alli
June 9th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Wow, that's just...Creepy. I'd just say if they don't like how we eat meat than that's their problem!

Sombolia
June 9th, 2005, 03:20 AM
@_@ Wow... just wow. That's pretty extreme...

Like Roquivo said, we're omnivores by nature.

Whitewolf
June 9th, 2005, 04:53 AM
see i am not a fan of the PETA
here is my list of Reasons

1) I like to Eat meat I could care less if i have to Kill a cow just to get a Big Juice grade triple AAA steak......... mmmmmmmm :haha:

2) The enivorment i think the enivorment is getting our attention as we need it we already have a ban on nuclear testing and etc etc

3) Ooooooo :Ooo: Fur coats and Leather Jackets yes i love both.. What makes you the Boss of tell me what I can wear and What i can't wear

4) I like my Big V6 engine in my car and burn 100 Low Lead for gas... That right I like those Big V6 cause i like it when it comes with a pair of straight pipes :roars:

5) You Eniomental nuts keep complaining about this and that and we should fund for this and that but how come i don't see any improvement i say it all a scram so u can use our funding in other things we don't know.......

Aurelian
June 9th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Whitewolf, I found that last reply very insulting. I AM an environmentalist, and am now extremely disgusted with you. If you want to do all that garbage, then do it, as is your right. But don't come into a forum where 99% of the population are animal lovers and envirnmentalinsts, and start rubbing your cruelty in our faces.

I am no loger a fan of you, and have lost a great deal of respect for you.

Whitewolf
June 9th, 2005, 06:48 AM
i care about the wildlife and the enivorment too Roquivo but i think i should have a choice of what i want to do that what i was trying to say.... I mean did you notice that i said "100 Low Lead fuel" i mean if i really don't care about the enivoment I would have say 100 lead fuel (don't think theyeven sell lead fuel anymore in Canada)....and i am sry if you feel insulted about my last reply cause i just feel like i should have my choice and not be herd like a flock of sheep

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 06:57 AM
I am also an environmentalist, and I pretty much agree with exactly what Roquivo stated already.

I am personally hurt that you're attacking environmentalists, since I am one. And that you're grouping me with PETA. PETA can go to Mars for all I care.

And perhaps there are scams out there, but I'm going to keep trying anyway, what else is there to do? A state of ignorance and a cynical outlook on things will improve absolutely nothing.

Mizani
June 9th, 2005, 09:07 AM
All I can say is.
WEIRD!!!

Vidan
June 9th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Whitewolf
i care about the wildlife and the enivorment too Roquivo but i think i should have a choice of what i want to do that what i was trying to say.... I mean did you notice that i said "100 Low Lead fuel" i mean if i really don't care about the enivoment I would have say 100 lead fuel (don't think theyeven sell lead fuel anymore in Canada)....and i am sry if you feel insulted about my last reply cause i just feel like i should have my choice and not be herd like a flock of sheep

Yes, people have a choice -- free will. It's a blessing and a curse depending on how you use it; free will and superior intelligence puts us in a greater position than any of the animals on this planet to help or hurt the environment. With that comes responsibility to choose wisely and with sensitivity, at the least for the benefit of our own children.

Aurelian
June 9th, 2005, 02:14 PM

It's not what you believe, but how you are pressing your beliefs into the faces of people who believe the oposite, and don't want to hear it. As much as your post was meant to show your views, it was also meant to bash us. You were pressing us for a reaction, and even used our smilies to get your shots at us. You don't go to a Christain church and preach Muslam teachings. You don't go to a Red Sox game and brag about how the Yankees rule. You don't go into a forum for remembering 9/11, and cheer on Al Queda. You don't walk into a Star Wars convention and put down Darth Vader(You could be killed for that one!). Common sence, really.

Hanshilo
June 9th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I don't really mind actually seen as our enviroment is f***ed up anyway, our, i can see that the enviroment carers are doing the right thing good on ya, but we have to eat meat, it is good for us, though i don't like the way we kill for meat.
I mean i wear snake skin trousers real btw and leather jakets anmd gloves but, i am afraid that is reality. I haven't got a fur coat might get one but ya know.
I say i mainly agree with white wolf on this one.:alone:
I mean come on seriously Nuclear testing shooting rockets out into space. *Sending a helpless dog out into space to see if they could survive or find anything.
Wars are still going becuase no one can get on with each other on fire. kids being arses and setting light to stuff. ya know if we carry on like this i think the world will be gone in the few hundred years
:gasp:
I mean i wouldn't kill but if i had nothing i wouldn't have the choice in the matter would i.
White wolf: Cool can i have some of your steak please:p
Yum yum pigs blood
but if we were let say 10 thousand years ago you would have to go kill it, we would of had to eat.
I mean come on it is the truth, and the truth can hurt i'm afraid.
I love animals don't get me wrong but, we all have to have an opinion in some ways, i don't agree with many things but the 9/11 blame gorge who wanted oil, he is a real *** like his dad and all them sad things to vietnam blame Johnsen, and the others. oh and tony blair can't forget our country he sided with goerge on the war with iraq.
I mean this wasn't an important thread in manyways, and who said thast white wolf was not caring he gave his opinion and thatr is all really.

Aurelian
June 9th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Hey, I eat meat too. Due to problems with my digestive track, I couldn't survive as a vegetarian. But I don't feel the need to brag about it to the point where others can see the smile on my face as I slaughter the animals myself. I also won't eat fast food, as they are the worst at cruelty killings.

I will not wear any animal material, because 99% of the animals used for that material were killed for that sole reason. I can survive in cottons and wool doesn't bother me, since it sheep need to be trimmed occasionaly anyway. I also will not used animal tested products.

Remember, I am of deep Native American herritage, and my people wore only animal skins and used animal parts for everything. They also showed respect and worship to animals, mourned for those they killed, and made sure to use every bit of the animal they could to kill little as possible. Survival is one thing, but no animal needs be kiiled for our enjoyment and luxuary.

I have no problem with whitewolves opinon, but he made it sound like environmentalists are garbage and worthless, and animals are nothing more than tools.

You know, it's funny how despite the fact that humans are the highest inteeligence of all Earth's species, we are also the dumbest at times...

Posted by Hanshilo
I don't really mind actually seen as our enviroment is f***ed up anyway

So, since the environment is already dieing, we should help it along? Hanshilo, that is the coldest thing I have ever heard. What the hell is wrong with you?

Hanshilo
June 9th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Nothing but are enviroment should die withing the next couple of years, blame presidents then, But i am afraid you have to face the truth and beleive what you see, if ppl wanna go to an extent to prove nothing then let them, don't let it become a insult.
I love anbimals i would do anything to stop it but i am afraid it is a bit late for it all.
Trust me we will never be able to stop anything pollution, hunting it is all the same. roq if you don't want to beleive then that is fine but wake up and listen to reality for once please.

Whitewolf
June 9th, 2005, 05:55 PM
You know Roquivo i love animals too and the only reason i love leather jackets is cause i have not choice you don't know how cold it get up at 15000ft in winter or if not summer it freezing up there that the only reason i like fur and leather jackets since it the only thing that keeps me warm if the heater fails.......

Aurelian
June 9th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I am not denying anything. I know that it is unevadeable for the planet to die. That sure as hell doesn't mean I am going to give up on it. I can still prelong it as much as possible, and make it an easier rest. That end is still a long time from now. Is also doesn't mean that I am going to take advantage of it. I refuse to use the planets suffering and misery as an excuse to lavish myself in what is left of it.

You would give up on somthing because it is to hard for you, and can't be fixed. That prooves that you are nothing but a coward.

Hanshilo
June 9th, 2005, 06:03 PM
No it provces that i am in reality and ppl won't stop killing which i hate to see, but it is all true so.
It hurts me dearly seeing things like that, and i wouldn't give up because a few presidents can't get on.
The world will be no ;longer if it carries on, it isn't being cold hearted it is being honest about what is going on around you.

Aurelian
June 9th, 2005, 06:03 PM
You know Roquivo i love animals too and the only reason i love leather jackets is cause i have not choice you don't know how cold it get up at 15000ft in winter or if not summer it freezing up there that the only reason i like fur and leather jackets since it the only thing that keeps me warm if the heater fails.......

That is so primitive. Didn't us humans create technology to keep us warm? Heck, we have winter jackets with built in heaters now. Besides, unless you are some sort of Eskimo, I doubt you rely on a single weak heater. I thought Canadians were smarter then that. The ones I know are.

Hanshilo
June 9th, 2005, 06:04 PM
no need to get all ractional about it. u must baccept what ppl say. White wolf wasn't attacking you in any way just pionting out facts

Aurelian
June 9th, 2005, 06:05 PM
It is giving up because you are afraid you can't stand up to them. A small victory goes a long way. I don't care about reality. Reality is what we make it. My reality is that I will do everything I can for animals, despite what polititions think.

Whitewolf
June 9th, 2005, 06:07 PM
trust me the heater on a unpressureize aircraft like a Dc-3 is not the best thing in the world ..... If that heater goes i still feel the Leather jacket is my best bet.. I try the Columbia stuff , the London Fog jackets , Skie jacket and i tell you this nothing beats a 600 dollar leather jacket to keep you warm when the heater goes

Hanshilo
June 9th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I ain't scared of presidents if i could i'd shoot the lot, i ain't going against ya just pointing out that reality is reality and i am just gonna do what i do best, not argue the **ss about some stupid little anti meat feast psychotic a** holes. can't live upto reality either

Aurelian
June 9th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Aircraft? You live on a ship?

Anyway, I give. This was not meant to be an arguement, only a debate. I see that I can not outalk you. You two are awsome debators. Thanks for the fun. :evilgrin:

Sorry if I offended either of you in anyway.:cheese:

Hanshilo
June 9th, 2005, 06:21 PM
That is okay i didn't mean to offend ya either, btw i wasn't offended at all.
didn't mean to get all outta control. just trying to get ppl to relize. no hard feelings:ayecapn:

Whitewolf
June 9th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Aircraft? You live on a ship?

Anyway, I give. This was not meant to be an arguement, only a debate. I see that I can not outalk you. You two are awsome debators. Thanks for the fun. :evilgrin:

Sorry if I offended either of you in anyway.:cheese:

No i spended my last 2 years as a student working around them flying them testing them etc ...

o well it was fun

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Hanshilo
I ain't scared of presidents if i could i'd shoot the lot, i ain't going against ya just pointing out that reality is reality and i am just gonna do what i do best, not argue the **ss about some stupid little anti meat feast psychotic a** holes. can't live upto reality either

I find this a bit disturbing.. I don't know many people that like politics, but politics, for a large part, keeps this planet in motion so to speak. That and the good hearted caring people that remain.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder Hanshilo & Whitewolf. Therefore your reality is much different to the one I have. There is no doubt that the world will eventually end. However as Roquivo was trying to tell you, we can help the world to be a better place for our time here.

Ignorance has and will never do anything of greatness. You ever notice how all the ignorant people down through history have been looked at in shame? Well, history is around us, we are in history ourselves, you can choose what you like, and I'll choose what I like; free will.

Free will is a great gift, and a very powerful one. When not used correctly it can cause world wide problems. Free will is how we got the world in the mess it's in right now. However, we can use the same gift to help it live out it's final days in glory.

I eat meat as well, it's very good stuff I'll also say. I wear and eat stuff that comes from animals. When I hear of fast food cruelty I stop going to those restuarants unless I can't find food anywhere else at all. So far I've boycotted KFC and McDonald's. I haven't been to KFC in over a year since I heard about what their company did to chickens.

According to my beliefs, animals were a gift from God to humans, to help us, to remind us that we're not the only things in this universe, and I could go on and on about that. And we can use them for food and clothing and such. However, we shouldn't abuse the priviledge of having the ability to control animals destinies. They deserve a good life just as much as you and I do, cruelty is sickening, no matter who or what it is done to.

Giving up is not the way I can assure you. There is something that we can all do, it might not seem like much. Like planting a tree or something like that.. but at least we're not idly sitting by proclaiming the world is going to end ona street corner, and not reacting to our own proclamations.

Xinithian
June 10th, 2005, 03:48 AM
I actually wear a leather jacket. But don't they use the cow for meat as well as leather?

Aurelian
June 10th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Some do and some don't. Really depends on were the cow died.

lionloversam
June 10th, 2005, 01:44 PM
A while ago I requested some free information from PETA on the vegan diet before I knew what the group was like. Now the won't stop mailing me stuff asking for money, even after repeated request they do so. It is like once every other month, but still too much. I never gave them any money, but they send me a nickel each time they mail me, also free address labels with their logo. Last ones I got they started misspelling my name ('Sanuel' instead of 'Samuel'). I just tear off there logo and use the labels. And put the nickel in my pocket. I finally figured, if they want to give me money and free andress labels I will let them.

DarkElf
July 3rd, 2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
I actually wear a leather jacket. But don't they use the cow for meat as well as leather?

Quite right Mr. X. Quite right.

It kind of reminds me of Sir Paul McCartney's avowal that, although a vociferous champion of PETA, he could never bear to surrender his incredibly comfortable (not to mention fashionable) Bruno Magli Bransons until the G-D Vegans invented something better.

And, hey, I know I'm not telling this group anything they don't already know, but the Latin word "petas" means "ham". It's a stretch, but work with me on this.

Oh, and one more thing: from the deeply disturbing Whitetails.com...

"When bow hunting you can buy a string called tracking string to find the deer that you shot late in the day. It connects to the end of your arrow. So when you hit the deer all you have to look for is the string and find your deer at the end. If the arrow manages to fall out that should unclog the hole in the deer to let the blood drip out."

ChildOfThePride
July 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
:thinks: Oh, how shall I put this....

Okay, and here we go. You all are probably gonna go after me with sticks n' stones though....

I don't mind animal testing, as long as it is done only for cosmetics, like shampoo. It's not like they say "Hey, let's poison the dog to see if it'll have any negative effects!" and force half a bottle of Pantene down a Schnauzer's throat. As long as they aren't doing nuclear testing or chopping off dog limbs, I'm fine with it. No harm, no foul.

I eat meat, and love it. I also have a best friend who is a vegetarian. I'm not going to stop the diet I've had my whole life just to save a chicken or cow from dying. Animals that are not pets (or as PETA calls them, 'companion animals') don't really do that much.

And, on another note, did you know that the president (or chairman, can't remember. She may be both) of PETA is diabetic? That means she has to use pig insulin to keep herself alive.

PETA sickens me. A couple of years ago they had a couple of campaigns that made me ill.

First, they said something to the effect of 'Even if animal testing resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it.' That right there made me want to throw something across the room (I was at school though, I believe).

Then they had the guts to say that chickens dying in a factory is WORSE than six million Jewish people dying in Nazi concentration camp.

That earned a HUGE 'What the crap?!' from me. Chickens don't do much but cluck and walk around looking for food. Have y'all been to a farm? I have. Chickens don't play, they're not all that cute, and they are essentially useless to humans other than breeding (for eggs) and food.

Like I said, I'm not going to stop eating meat just so some chicken can walk and cluck and do nothing all day. That's my job. :cheese:

Oooh, another point comes! Have you all heard of PETA's marketing strategies, other than the ones mentioned in the thread? You won't believe the crap that they give to little kids. We're talking ELEMENTARY school kids. Not middle, not high, little Barney-loving or Pokemon-loving kids.

One in particular is the 'Your Mommy Kills Animals' packet. The cover is VERY disturbing. A shaking rabbit under a bloody knife with a woman holding the knife. Then it goes on to say that just because 'your mommy wears a fur coat she kills animals'.

The pictures in there should not be shown to ADULTS, let alone 3rd graders. There are graphic depictions of a one-eyed fox and also one that's been skinned.

Oh yeah, and PETA euthanizes animals, too. Yay for hypocrasy!

Well, I better end this post. I hate PETA and I wish they'd either get sued (by those parents of children who have been traumatized by that literature I told you about) or some sense knocked into them.

Sombolia
July 4th, 2005, 05:37 AM
I don't mind animal testing, as long as it is done only for cosmetics, like shampoo. It's not like they say "Hey, let's poison the dog to see if it'll have any negative effects!" and force half a bottle of Pantene down a Schnauzer's throat. As long as they aren't doing nuclear testing or chopping off dog limbs, I'm fine with it. No harm, no foul.

So what your saying is that it's alright to test Sauve on rabbits, but it's NOT alright to look for cures for, say, cancer on them. Riiight. "Hey, let's poison the dog to see if it'll have any negative effects!" Actually, that's basically what they do. Obviously not with actual poison - they put stuff like makeup in the animal's eyes to see if negative effects follow.

I eat meat, and love it. I also have a best friend who is a vegetarian. I'm not going to stop the diet I've had my whole life just to save a chicken or cow from dying. Animals that are not pets (or as PETA calls them, 'companion animals') don't really do that much.

What are you talking about? Pets are essentially, the most "worthless" animal there is. They don't help the ecosystem, they don't work, they don't provide food.

Oooh, another point comes! Have you all heard of PETA's marketing strategies, other than the ones mentioned in the thread? You won't believe the crap that they give to little kids. We're talking ELEMENTARY school kids. Not middle, not high, little Barney-loving or Pokemon-loving kids.

One in particular is the 'Your Mommy Kills Animals' packet. The cover is VERY disturbing. A shaking rabbit under a bloody knife with a woman holding the knife. Then it goes on to say that just because 'your mommy wears a fur coat she kills animals'.

The pictures in there should not be shown to ADULTS, let alone 3rd graders. There are graphic depictions of a one-eyed fox and also one that's been skinned.

Okay, I partially agree with you - that advertisement DEFINATELY shouldn't of been given to 3rd graders... and it shouldn't have been forced upon anyone. I think say, high schoolers, could've looked at it, but only if they and they alone decided they were interested and could handle it. And even, in a way, buying a fur coat is condoning the killing of animals. There are alternatives.

That earned a HUGE 'What the crap?!' from me. Chickens don't do much but cluck and walk around looking for food. Have y'all been to a farm? I have. Chickens don't play, they're not all that cute, and they are essentially useless to humans other than breeding (for eggs) and food.

So what if they're not "cute" and they don't "play". That's not why their at the farm, dude. Eggs and food ARE the reason they're there. They don't HAVE to be useful for anything else.

So, um.. yeah.

lionloversam
July 4th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I hate Peta too. Somebody should mail them a big box of raw meat.