PDA

View Full Version : Nuka and Vitani or the hyenas?

unregistered user
June 8th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I decided to make a poll as well, just seemed right :p So, Nuka or the hyenas? YOu can guss who I voted for hehe

King Simba
June 8th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Nuka for sure. :nukawha:

Ngatuny
June 8th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Nuka!:nukasm: he isn't evil.

Prince Simba
June 8th, 2005, 05:08 PM
^

:nukasm:

NUKA!

Opera Ghost
June 8th, 2005, 05:28 PM
hyenas:ayecapn:

Kiara Serengeti
June 8th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Weird poll, because Nuka\Vitani and the hyenas aren't really that similar so you can't compare.

unregistered user
June 8th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah they are. Nuka and Vitani took the places of the hyenas. Shenzi = Vitani, Banzai & Ed = Nuka.

Lucy Lioness
June 8th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Nuka/Vitani! :nukasm: :vitsm:

Shatara
June 8th, 2005, 09:39 PM
As Ravoc pointed out, Nuka/Tani and teh Hyenas played a similar role: one of evil henchmen and comic relief.

I voted for Nuka/Tani for a few reasons:

1. Clearly, I'm biased :vitsm:

2. Nuka/Tani were funny, without trying to be. They had a neat chemestry as polar opposites: You had the scrawny, cowardly, weak, dim-witted, mangy male, placed against the sleek, brave, strong, quick-witted, sexy female. It's classic!

3. The Hyenas...meh. They were funny, and unique, but not quite it.

TakaTiger
June 8th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Nuka and Tani ^^

Endra
June 8th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Nuka and Vitani definately! They are both just so lovable!

unregistered user
June 8th, 2005, 10:53 PM
This seems a bit one sided =P

Dare
June 8th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Hyenas.

Shatara
June 8th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Ravoc
This seems a bit one sided =P Cuz Vitani is teh pwn, and Nuka's ... special :p

Prince Simba
June 9th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc
Yeah they are. Nuka and Vitani took the places of the hyenas. Shenzi = Vitani, Banzai & Ed = Nuka.

I must correct you, my friend.
Shenzi < Vitani, Banzai & Ed < Nuka. ;)

Originally posted by Shatara
Cuz Vitani is teh pwn, and Nuka's ... special

What he said.

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 12:14 AM
hehehe ;) Points well taken

Ralli
June 9th, 2005, 01:27 AM
The Hyenas by far. :ayecapn:

I don't know, I just found them more amusing and...dare I say it? I mean, watch Mufasa fight off Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed- look at the background at Shenzi when he swipes at Ed: Shenzi's like "RAWR!!! D<" The first time I noticed her like that it scared the crud outta me.
The three of them can look downright SCARY sometimes. Let alone the others in the clan.

Plus, I found them more interesting...I don't know why...

All in all, I say:

Shenzi > Vitani, Banzai and Ed > Nuka.

:metoo:

Hey, this is making me want to draw Hyena fanart and make my fursona back to being a Hyena...:knowdees:

va-kasi
June 9th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Nuka and Vitani.

In a movie series called the lion king, lion enemies are better without even judging the charcters for me.

Ralli
June 9th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by va-kasi
Nuka and Vitani.

In a movie series called the lion king, lion enemies are better without even judging the charcters for me.

I don't know...if the cast was completely or mostly lions, with like two non-leonine characters, I'd find the movie less interesting...I suppose I like variety. :confused:

But I knew as soon as I saw this that someone would say "Well since it's The LION King..." :rolleyes:

Not that it really bothers me. *shrugs*

va-kasi
June 9th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Hehe, I dunno, I don't seem to like variety for some reason :confused:

Lions are definatley my favourite.

Sombolia
June 9th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Ralli
I don't know...if the cast was completely or mostly lions, with like two non-leonine characters, I'd find the movie less interesting...I suppose I like variety. :confused:

But I knew as soon as I saw this that someone would say "Well since it's The LION King..." :rolleyes:

Not that it really bothers me. *shrugs*

Agreed... I voted for Nuka and Vitani not because they're lions, but because I like them better? =P

Simba22
June 9th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Nuka and Vitani

Shatara
June 9th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by va-kasi
Nuka and Vitani.

In a movie series called the lion king, lion enemies are better without even judging the charcters for me. I feel kinda the same way.

TLK1's 'lion vs hyena' had somewhat racist undertones if you think about it...

TLK2 seemed to parallel 'real' conflict more, and even emphisizes the whole concept that both sides really arent all that different...

It also borrowed concepts from the American Civil War (brother against brother(or sister in this case ;))), and the War of the Roses (two families feuding for the throne)...

Xinithian
June 9th, 2005, 04:40 AM
I'll have to say the hyenas for 2 reasons. First of all, they were in the first Lion King, which was a much better movie IMO. Second of all, I liked the characters of the hyenas better because they were sillier, and less serious.

Kovu
June 9th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Nuka and 'Tani. They're my bro and sis. :lol: :kovusmile

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 06:24 AM
That's right, you better vote for us! Otherwise 'Tani and I will come over there and throw some rocks xD

nafklt
June 9th, 2005, 06:36 AM
xD :lol:

:P I voted 'Tani and Nuka

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Nuka! Because, he's got the rocks and sticks. :p :lol: ;)

EDIT: Nuka & Vitani. Erm... I mean. I don't want a rock upside my head. 6_9 XD

unregistered user
June 9th, 2005, 07:31 AM
err.. hyenas... *run away from computer for 5 month, Attempt to open up lea and saw ravoc throwing stone and spears and run off again*..
:lol:
I need protection.. i need protection... i need.. protec...*worried*

Mizani
June 9th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Nuka and Tani!:nukasm::vitsm:

Nalinda
June 10th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Hyenas!!

Shatara
June 10th, 2005, 09:17 AM
*sigh*...no offense people, but can we lay off the one word responses?

This is a discussion forum. DISCUSS!!

Nalinda
June 10th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Hahah.. Okay. I voted for the hyenas cuz they are more fun then Nuka and Vitani..
Nothing bad about those two. But ehhmm..
I'll go with the hyenas =)

Mizani
June 10th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I have something against Hyenas. I saw a documentary about them once and I had a great dislike for them. But if you like them thats your choice and I don't mind.:uhno:

Tabbiefox
June 10th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Hyenas are terrific, but I threw my vote for Nuka&Tani n'way.. there in a way more special to me, .. no offence yena fans ;p
..hmm.. But seriously, who would resist not voting for this!! (clickez moi) (http://www.lionking.org/~kovumex/imagenes/fanart/hibbary/nuka.gif) :cheese:

Mizani
June 10th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Yea, Nuka's very sexy:lol: Even his termites.
I'm afriad I don't know you Tabbiefox, but thanks for da link.

Lucy Lioness
June 10th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Okay - I voted for Nuka and Vitani, but I will give a reason. :p

:nukasm: Because he is cool and funny. :vitgrr: Because of Girl Power! Lol. And she kicks lion butt! :D

Tabbiefox
June 10th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Mizani
I'm afriad I don't know you Tabbiefox, but thanks for da link. [/B]

y'im kinda new here, nice to meet you btw ;)
Anyone knows who's drawn that Nuka pic at all? he's so cute there XD

Mizani
June 10th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Hibbary. from TLKFAA

The Sun King
June 10th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Lions are more powerful :cheese:

Ralli
June 10th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by The Sun King
Lions are more powerful :cheese:

Actually, a hyena is a good match for a lion. >>;

Plius, Mizani, I've seen documentaries about lions and I think they can be worse than hyenas, stealing other animals' kills and bullying other animals like cheetahs and leopards... :rolleyes:

*hides*

Mizani
June 10th, 2005, 01:22 PM
I know that but I saw it when I was young and the image sorta stuck. I'm not saying their completely bad, but when I first hear the name "hyena" I think of it as bad.:uhno:

Nalinda
June 10th, 2005, 01:30 PM
That's okay.. Everybody has the right to their opinion!
Talking about documentaries, I saw a lion program for a long time ago. Lions can be rough. It wasn't a pleasure seeing a lion male eat his own cubs if can say my opinion :uhno:
And when I see hyena documentarie I just think of them as animals who eats dead meat or something.
And when it comes to the movie I just find the hyenas funny.. and a little bit stupid. That's what makes them so funny to watch :p
I just like Vitani in the movie when she tells Zira that Kiara's right. The rest of that movie I just see Vitani so rough.. Just my opinion!! :unho:

Ralli
June 10th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Yea, I know the Hyenas aren't the brightest animals in the movies. :p At all. Though I think Shenzi's pretty intelligent...

Nalinda
June 10th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah. Go Shenzi :D Haha.. She's cool!
Banzai is'nt that stupid either.. haha. Okay Ed. He's stupid.. but that's what makes him funny ;)

Tabbiefox
June 10th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Actually Ed might be extremely clever, and his stupidness is just part of a plan :ayecapn:
gahh i should have voted for hyenas :confused: *snaps* ;p

Nalinda
June 10th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Haha ;) He's maybe trickin' us? :o

Shatara
June 10th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Tabbiefox
..hmm.. But seriously, who would resist not voting for this!! (clickez moi) (http://www.lionking.org/~kovumex/imagenes/fanart/hibbary/nuka.gif) :cheese: Awww...poor Uka...he just wanna be wuved...:(

Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
:vitgrr: Because of Girl Power! Lol. And she kicks lion butt! :DWell, shoulder actually, but you get the idea ;) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/Owned.gif)

Originally posted by Ralli
Actually, a hyena is a good match for a lion. >>;Only on a 2 for 1 basis. And thats for a lioness. Better bring a good half-dozen if you're hoping to take down an adult male.

Plius, Mizani, I've seen documentaries about lions and I think they can be worse than hyenas, stealing other animals' kills and bullying other animals like cheetahs and leopards... In real life, neither is more 'evil' than the other. Both steal kills about equally. It may seem 'mean', but it's survival.

Originally posted by Tabbiefox
Actually Ed might be extremely clever, and his stupidness is just part of a planY'see, Ed isnt really stupid, he's really a great hyena philosipher. That laughing isn't really laughing, it's really an ancient hyenic dialect. He refuses to speak in the tongues of lions :P

In Lion King III, Ed returns and pwns everyone...except Vitani, cuz she's just that l33t.

starlioness
June 10th, 2005, 08:58 PM
you also got to remember that the Hyenas did kill Scar. granted Scar isn't as strong as Mufaasa or Simba. but those Hyenas have pretty strong jaws that can crush bones pretty easily.

I also like variety, it's the spice of life ;)

Valkiria
June 23rd, 2005, 04:38 PM
Nuka & Vitani! :D

Katse
June 23rd, 2005, 05:51 PM
You know what?...............HYENAS PWN!!!11!!!!!eleven!!!!111!!!!11

I like them because 1)more variety of animals to the movie, 2)they're funnier, 3)They were in the original, aaaaannd 4)Ed owns you!:ayecapn:

Nalinda
June 23rd, 2005, 06:48 PM
Go Katse! :D

Ralli
June 23rd, 2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Katse
You know what?...............HYENAS PWN!!!11!!!!!eleven!!!!111!!!!11

I like them because 1)more variety of animals to the movie, 2)they're funnier, 3)They were in the original, aaaaannd 4)Ed owns you!:ayecapn:

Hear, hear! :evilgrin:

Storm90
June 24th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Eh, I voted Nuka and Vitani

Cause Vitani is awesome and is full of spunk

:vitsm:

And Nuka is one of my favorite lions in TLK2. ^_^

:nukasm:

cleargreenwater
June 24th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Heh, should probably introduce myself before posting but....

HYENAS!
Vitani & Nuka are just sickly stand-ins for the kickass-ness that is the Hyena Trio, & don't hold a candle to them.
I gotta admit, *gets ready to avoid Lea for a few days* I couldn't stand them the first time I saw SP, cuz they were such Hyena rip-offs. (I don't mind Vitani & Nuka now cuz the fandom made real, seperate characters out of them.)

Nalinda
June 24th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Welcome to Lea CGW =)

Avalon
June 24th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I voted the Hyenas:cheese:
1. Cuz they are one of the coolest animal on the african savanna:D
2. Cuz like Katse said they created variety in the movie:ayecapn:
and
3. Cuz their females rule the gang :cheese: Wooot Girl Power!!:evilgrin:
EDIT: Even though i think the hyenas in TLK don't really look like hyenas, compared to the real animal

Ralli
June 24th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ClearGreenWater
Heh, should probably introduce myself before posting but....

HYENAS!
Vitani & Nuka are just sickly stand-ins for the kickass-ness that is the Hyena Trio, & don't hold a candle to them.
I gotta admit, *gets ready to avoid Lea for a few days* I couldn't stand them the first time I saw SP, cuz they were such Hyena rip-offs. (I don't mind Vitani & Nuka now cuz the fandom made real, seperate characters out of them.)

...I think I love you. I really do. :love: I see you suffer from the case of 'opinionated big mouth who can't keep their mouth shut'? :metoo: Ditto here.

:Psst: And yes, I suggest you may leave for a day or two...I've been reassured that no one gets flamed here, but I wouldn't take my chance when insulting two very popular characters.

Oh yea, welcome to LH. :D

Shatara
June 24th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I'm tryin to figure out how yous figure Nuka/Tani as wannabe hyena clones, when they use a completely different kind of humor...

Katse
June 24th, 2005, 06:47 PM
*Gets sheild* I just don't find Vitani or Nuka very appealing as characters, that's all. Everyone has their own opinions.

EDIT: I hate typos. Forget one word and the whole opinion changes...-_-

Ralli
June 24th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Shatara
I'm tryin to figure out how yous figure Nuka/Tani as wannabe hyena clones, when they use a completely different kind of humor...

Well, I think Vitani and Shenzi have a lot in common...they're spunky, take-control (kind of, she follows her mother up until the end of the movie...), girl-power kind, dominant...and Nuka seems to be a hybrid of Banzai and Ed. Ed 'cause he's silly and scruffy/messy, Banzai 'cause he's sarcastic and a follower I guess...BUT he does his best to get his mother's attention and Banzai nor Ed seem to try to suck up to anyone.

*cough* Go ahead and disagree, I'm not going to bother argueing back because I don't really care for SP, and I haven't watched it in years, so I'm very well aware that I probably got their personalities wrong...but, that aside, I still think without a doubt in my mind that they, and the rest of the Outlanders, took the hyenas' place as the henchmen and side comic-reliefs. :ayecapn:

Originally posted by Katse
*Gets sheild* I just find Vitani or Nuka very appealing as characters, that's all. Everyone has their own opinions.

Haha, no need for you to get a shield...it's clear from the poll results that, if anyone is going to be flamed, bashed, or insulted, it's going to be the hyena supporters. :evilgrin: Though I hope it won't come to that...

Sombolia
June 25th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Now that I think about, I probably shoulda voted hyenas... seeing as the original TLK is the only one of the trilogy that the fandom hasn't managed to ruin for me. :rolleyes: