PDA

View Full Version : RENT Movie Trailer Clip OUT

Ralli
June 4th, 2005, 02:13 PM

*breaks down sobbing* I. AM. SO. FREAKIN'. HAPPY.

DoyourealizehowhappyIamnoyouDON'Tbecausewordscanno texpresshowhappyIam.

I have no clue whether this has been posted or not. I tried to search it up and got some unrelated things...soo...throw a bottlecap at my head if I'm wrong (what? they can hurt if you throw'em hard enough...the metal kind...just don't aim at the eye).

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/a/u/aum141/RentTrailer.mov

BEHOLD. Okay, so the...uh...uh...*brainfart* QUALITY! That's the word? Uh, the word meaning that the image...well, it sucks. It's all grainy. *shakes random person* EVERYTHING I WANT TO SEE ON MY COMPUTER IS OF GRAINY QUALITY!

But...again...my boundless joy exceeds my disappointment at not being able to see it well because THEY HAVE MADE A "RENT" MOVIE...and so I am happy...soooo happy. People at Musicals.net don't seem to be thrilled by the trailer itself, since it's just a bunch of scenes that show absolutely nothing of the storyline, so that you've got to have an idea of what the show's about in order to begin to understand it.

...I feel weird...I've never seen "RENT", but I have the soundtrack and I know what the show and characters are like and yet I worship it. Worship it soooo much. And the movie...is coming out...*counts* FIVE MONTHS! Methinks. ...the eleventh month of the year is November, right? :curious:

...*searches around for a better quality trailer clip*

And this is probably the first time in...like...years that I've gotten emotional over a trailer. I mean, I was on the verge of tears and shaking.

LunarCat
June 4th, 2005, 03:13 PM
a movie!?! how cool! i can't wait! :wow: :D :cheese:

Iestyn
June 4th, 2005, 03:18 PM
What's RENT?

EDIT: The link doesn't work for me.

HasiraKali
June 4th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I love RENT. But I went to a performing arts school so I heard it all the time and got a little burnt out on it. But now that I've graduated and spent some time away from it, I'm starting to get back into it. :) I can't wait for this movie mainly because I'm a huuuge Adam Pascal fan. ;) And I think that the producers are trying to play more towards the huge fanbase that RENT has before they worry about selling it to the people that have no idea what it's about.

Ralli
June 4th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Iestyn
What's RENT?

*grins* A musical that's not for everybody. It's about a group of Bohemian friends, made up of people of differing sexualities, personalities, and problems, living in New York City in the slums and having to live with AIDS (minus two fellows), a few overcoming their addiction to drugs, going through deaths, cheating, poverty, and a crapload of other things. It's a musical about life. *shrugs* Like I said, not for everybody. But it's a very nice eye-opener.

IchLiebeNALA
June 4th, 2005, 03:30 PM
hmmm... sounds interesting

Ralli
June 4th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
hmmm... sounds interesting

It is. You have to see it or hear it to believe me...because I absolutely SUCK at describing things. It's sort of a rock-and-roll type musical. Definately not some, eh, frilly musical? You don't have to be a theatre fan to enjoy it. You could have no clue about musicals and like it. ...like me. :-)

Kovu
June 4th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes... *uses the default Windows calculator* They're right, it does add up to a year. :cheese:
Really cool music. From the scenes in the trailer i assume this movie is about a love story? :p
Well it's nice to know that you're so excited over it anyway. It's not everyday you get to be so freakin' happy. ;)

Ralli
June 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Kovu
Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes... *uses the default Windows calculator* They're right, it does add up to a year. :cheese:
Really cool music. From the scenes in the trailer i assume this movie is about a love story? :p
Well it's nice to know that you're so excited over it anyway. It's not everyday you get to be so freakin' happy. ;)

*ponders* There are...uh...three relationships going on. ...actually, technically, six, since there were three former relationships. So yea, basically a love story. :D

Dare
June 4th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Am I the only person who's worried that they're going to take my favorite musical and turn it into a fad?
*can't stand the faddishness of Phantom now, and fears the same for RENT*

Ralli
June 4th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
Am I the only person who's worried that they're going to take my favorite musical and turn it into a fad?
*can't stand the faddishness of Phantom now, and fears the same for RENT*

...I forgot about that. I was so excited about actually being able to see it without paying a crapload of money for a ticket with decent seats.

...GAAAAHHHH! :eek:

*sob*

...well, knowing how uptight people are nowadays I doubt many people will like RENT...*grumbles* so I guess it turning into a fad won't likely happen.

SIMBAtheENIGMA
June 4th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Ralli
*grins* A musical that's not for everybody. It's about a group of Bohemian friends, made up of people of differing sexualities, personalities, and problems, living in New York City in the slums and having to live with AIDS (minus two fellows), a few overcoming their addiction to drugs, going through deaths, cheating, poverty, and a crapload of other things. It's a musical about life. *shrugs* Like I said, not for everybody. But it's a very nice eye-opener.

I've never heard of it. Though it does sound very interesting and i enjoyed the trailer... Im gona see it! *hehe* and i want that song :bleen: Thanks for sharing that!

King Simba
June 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Iestyn
EDIT: The link doesn't work for me.
Same... :confused:
Maybe there's some software or something that needs to be downloaded?...hmm, I don't know. :hmm:

LunarCat
June 4th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Ralli
It's sort of a rock-and-roll type musical. Definately not some, eh, frilly musical? You don't have to be a theatre fan to enjoy it. You could have no clue about musicals and like it. ...like me. :-)

first musical with a rock band on stage and an orchestra i believe ;)

unregistered user
June 4th, 2005, 11:49 PM
:grrr: Link don' work for Utta here.

Ralli
June 5th, 2005, 12:03 AM
I've been looking around for another trailer clip, but to no avail. I'll check Musicals.net and see if I can find another'un there.

EDIT: Found another one.

http://www.compulsivebowlers.com/RentTrailer.mov

Same clip, same crappy quality, posted at a RENT forum. *keeps digging around for one with better quality*

EDIT Numero Dos:

At the RENT forum I found the other copy of the clip, there's a rumour going around that they just recently added the trailer to the previews in the latest Star Wars movie. I was hoping if anyone is going to go sometime and see it, if they could maybe confirm it? Then again, I might just see it again...it's a pretty freakin' good movie anyway...:evilgrin: