PDA

View Full Version : Hurray! Graduation is Here!

Alli
June 2nd, 2005, 04:54 AM
Well, even though i'm not 'Technically' Graduating, i'm still graduating from Middle School, or eigth grade. The ceremony's tomorrow night and i'm sooooo excited! I got a whole new outfit that's totally rad: Pinstripe pants and a cool shirt. I was in a black mood so they're all black. Everything i'm wearing is black...Except for my bright pink toenails ^.^ I'm so happy i only have four more years to go! Sooo, anybody else graduate/are graduating (From middle school or highschool)?

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 05:12 AM
Lol...luuuucky you! :) I was homeschooled when i entered the 8th grade. It is rather exciting tho. I am graduating however from home ecs. class. WHOOOOHOO!! oh ya...and band!!! bye bye mister cunnigham.... :( he was such a great teacher. Can you believe I had 1st chair four years all around? :lol: I'm so happy.....congrats ALLI!

Mizani
June 2nd, 2005, 11:01 AM
WOOT cool! :D

Simba22
June 2nd, 2005, 03:01 PM
Cool! Congrats! What I hate is when you're about to graduate you say you're not gonna miss school and yet after you graduate you always end up missing school. Congrats on entering High School.

Prince Simba
June 2nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
Congrats, Alli! I was doin' the same thing 'bout a year ago. :)

Get ready for high school, freshman. :p

Originally posted by Utora
Lol...luuuucky you! :) I was homeschooled when i entered the 8th grade. It is rather exciting tho. I am graduating however from home ecs. class. WHOOOOHOO!! oh ya...and band!!! bye bye mister cunnigham.... :( he was such a great teacher. Can you believe I had 1st chair four years all around? :lol: I'm so happy.....congrats ALLI!

What didja play?

Ngatuny
June 2nd, 2005, 04:34 PM
Congratulations on your graduation Alli

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
Congrats, Alli! I was doin' the same thing 'bout a year ago. :)

Get ready for high school, freshman. :p

What didja play?

I played the Trombone. There were only 5 students that did besides me, so the competition was minimal effort. :lol:

Prince Simba
June 2nd, 2005, 06:44 PM
:lol: I play clarinet. I quit my school's band because it's dumb. My director was a fat guy who couldn't make it in the real world. :yuck:

LunarCat
June 2nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Alli
Well, even though i'm not 'Technically' Graduating, i'm still graduating from Middle School, or eigth grade. The ceremony's tomorrow night and i'm sooooo excited! I got a whole new outfit that's totally rad: Pinstripe pants and a cool shirt. I was in a black mood so they're all black. Everything i'm wearing is black...Except for my bright pink toenails ^.^ I'm so happy i only have four more years to go! Sooo, anybody else graduate/are graduating (From middle school or highschool)?

omg me too!!!!!!!!! :wow: middle school, but my dress is totally different :p

congratulations!!!!! :D :cheese:

King Simba
June 2nd, 2005, 06:47 PM
Congrats on your graduation mate. :cheese: I used to play the Violin when I was in year 6 (I'm in year 10 now) I quit it though cos' my friend quit...we had to go to this orchestra thing every Saturday... :grrr:

Alli
June 2nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
omg me too!!!!!!!!! :wow: middle school, but my dress is totally different :p

congratulations!!!!! :D :cheese:

Congrats on you too!

Alli
June 2nd, 2005, 11:04 PM
Omg, two hours to go! Lol! I'm really hyper and nervous (A bad combination) And i'm all dressed, even though i have two hours to go. My mom gave me this awesome present. It's a cd player that plays the radio as well as cds and it's baby blue with silver and cream and it's designed to look similar to a jukebox (Not in shape, just in design) And it's so totally retro! :D:D:D

LunarCat
June 2nd, 2005, 11:22 PM
oo, very cool! :cool:

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
:lol: I play clarinet. I quit my school's band because it's dumb. My director was a fat guy who couldn't make it in the real world. :yuck:

Ouch.:eww: My teacher was amazing. Our School Band got first for 22 years around in this state. All because of him. Now how's that for a band teacher? :lol: We were really close friends, but I got too close once and ran in and said,
"Hey Mister Cunnigham! Guess what my name is!? Jack! Jack MeHoff!"

He had to sit down with me and discuss why we "don't" say that aloud.:secret:

TakaTiger
June 2nd, 2005, 11:26 PM
3 more weeks til im out here ><

Alli
June 3rd, 2005, 02:12 AM
W00t! I have officially graduated from 8th grade! It was really cool. They gave these awards out to kids who like, did very excellent academically (I didn't get one -.-) And than this girl signed this song with her hands and than the choir sang, and than we got out diplomas, and that the band played and than we ate! It was way fun. It was especially cool since my best friend has the same beginning of my last name and we got to sit next to each other cause it was all alphabetical. *sigh* Now, highschool!

nafklt
June 3rd, 2005, 04:15 AM
Congrats and good luck! Too bad there was no ceremony here last year. I go to secondary school which is grade 8-12...:hmm: There's no middle school here...:P

King Simba
June 3rd, 2005, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear that you never got an award mate. :hugs: I've got a graduation ceremony next year when I can officially leave school if I wanted.

I never went to a middle school. I've always been at an high school since I was 11 at least. :hmm:

Alli
June 4th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Wow, lol. No middle school? That's crazy xD

Prince Simba
June 4th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by King Simba
Sorry to hear that you never got an award mate. :hugs: I've got a graduation ceremony next year when I can officially leave school if I wanted.

I never went to a middle school. I've always been at an high school since I was 11 at least. :hmm:

What kind of crazy school is this that you go to? :p

nafklt
June 4th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by King Simba

lol, same here, execpt it's just called secondary school here...:P

LunarCat
June 4th, 2005, 04:02 AM
its the wacked out british school system, its made to confuse everyone :p

i officially graduated today! woohoo! :wow: i feel old :p cuz i'm not a kid anymore! only at heart....

nafklt
June 4th, 2005, 06:04 AM
:lol:

School finishes here on the 15th...:alone:

Alli
June 5th, 2005, 04:17 AM
Congrats Lunarcat! I have only *counts with fingers* Four more years to go ;) Jk, i'm not that stupid...Or so i think :thinks:

unregistered user
June 5th, 2005, 05:27 AM
I think I've graduated from the Univiersaty for the Mentaly Insane [UTMI...say it luke ut-me] 6 times now. I'm going for round 7-20. ;)

I also got 62 degrees for Offical and Unoffical Randomness Socieity of Collarless Farts...I'm striking for 1000

Alli
June 6th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Nice ;) Lol

Sombolia
June 11th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Ahhh my little girl, all grown up! ..Wait, what am I saying?

*ahem* Congratz Alli! :D :D :D

Lucy Lioness
June 11th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah, congrats to anyone who has graduated! :D

Mizani
June 11th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Yea congrats!:cheese:

Mizani
June 11th, 2005, 12:53 PM
we have junior school 4-12.
Middle school (which I'm currently in) 12-15

and Senior school 15-18

Alli
June 11th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Ahhh my little girl, all grown up! ..Wait, what am I saying?

*ahem* Congratz Alli! :D :D :D

xD Thanks, and lil girl? What chou talkin about lil girl, you lil girl! Jk, lol

Suki
June 11th, 2005, 07:40 PM
And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of the night in June
I Didn't know much of love, but it came too soon
And There was me and you, and then it got real blue
Stay at home talkin' on the telephone and
We would get so excited, we'd get so scared
Laughing at our selves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels

Chorus:
As we go on, we remember
All the times we had together
And as our lives change, from whatever
We will still be, friends forever

So if we get the big jobs and we make the big money
When we look back now, will that joke still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule
Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
And this is how it feels

*Repeat chorus*

La, la, la, la; yeah, yeah, yeah
La, la, la, la, we will still be friends forever

Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there? Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

*Repeat chorus 3x*

Nalinda
June 12th, 2005, 06:51 PM
We have our summerbreak for 10 weeks nooooow :D SO happy!

unregistered user
June 12th, 2005, 07:03 PM
That's a very nice song Suki :tears: It does bring up some really ood memories, that are a bit sad now though..

When I graduated Elementary I changed schools, so I left all of my friends there. Then when I graduated middle school I began to home school myself so I left my friends there as well. During high school I made friends at a youth group, but the youth group fell through when the church's pastor left for another church, because all the othr members of the church left, taking their children witht hem, 'cept for the ones that could drive. And eventually we all left anyway. Then I went to college just this past year, made some aweosme friends, and now I've become a Sophmore, and sadly a lot of my friends won't be coming back and I may never see them again :tears: Gradutation for me is a time to hold your head high ith pride that you've accomplished something int his world, you have a right to be proud ^^

But it also brings back a lot of memories..

Blah, anyway, congrats to you Alli and all the other grads out there ^^ And thanks for that song Suki ^^

Suki
June 21st, 2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Ravoc
That's a very nice song Suki :tears: It does bring up some really ood memories, that are a bit sad now though..

Yeah, I know... :tears:

Originally posted by Ravoc
Blah, anyway, congrats to you Alli and all the other grads out there ^^ And thanks for that song Suki ^^

No prob.

EDIT: http://www.edtech.esc11.net/~rachelnewman/portfolio/standards/artifacts/art9a/vitiman%20c%20-%20The%20Graduation%20.mp3 woot

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Alli

THE HELL?! :grrr: All I got was a piece of paper that said, congrats, you are herby premoted to the 9th grade!!!! :grrr:

Alli
June 22nd, 2005, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by PhantomBPR
THE HELL?! :grrr: All I got was a piece of paper that said, congrats, you are herby premoted to the 9th grade!!!! :grrr:

Lol, i'm lucky :D I'm sorry, my friend in the town next to me said that's all their school did to x|

Sombolia
June 22nd, 2005, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by PhantomBPR

That's not the right reaction to that, but lol... xD

nafklt
June 22nd, 2005, 05:07 AM
I got a dang Math provincial this Friday, then I'm outta there!:P

unregistered user
June 22nd, 2005, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
That's not the right reaction to that, but lol... xD

:noogie: JK!

Lucy Lioness
June 22nd, 2005, 09:27 AM
I haven't ever had a formal graduation, not even from High School. I graduate from University in 2007, and then I get the ceremony and the prom. Hehe.

But I am done with University for the summer - yay!