June 1st, 2005, 10:27 AM
nah.. im serious..
really..
right now we abusing Lea Halalela Spaces

Yeah i need professional help to elaborate what's going on right now

Mizani
June 1st, 2005, 10:29 AM
Maybe a Mod should do something?:confused:
And we're not wasting space cause this is a serious issue currently on Lea.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 10:41 AM
*bow* hope Mods pay attention about this:cheese:

Lucy Lioness
June 1st, 2005, 10:46 AM
Don't worry Zacky! :hugs: I agree with you. I'm all for people having fun and everything, but things are getting kinda pointless. I feel guilty for being kinda pointless on occasion though.:alone:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 11:02 AM
*bow again*
and i know y'all having fun right now but..
keep in touch aight? :D

IchLiebeNALA
June 1st, 2005, 11:10 AM
I'm one of the main culprits. i'm just random all the time and send everyone off on a tangent!

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 11:15 AM
nahh i don't blame you..
all we need is to make a thread usefull and unpointless :D

Simba_TLK
June 1st, 2005, 12:10 PM
i totally agree with you about the pointless threads.
if you didnt mention it, i would have sooner or later.

i dont think it is just with pointless threads, although that is a major contributing factor.
It is also people making pointless posts in other threads, which most of the time ends up making these threads useless aswell.
most of the time in the post it is just a bunch of random stuff which doesnt add anything to the thread whatsoever.

that being said, lets keep THIS thread serious and on topic, since it is a serious issue we need to deal with now on Lea.

the way i see it, is that if you cant add anything to the thread, then there isnt much point posting it in then. Thats the way i post, and it seems to work perfectly fine.

im sure Mufasa pays good money for this forum server to be running, so lets not waste it by putting useless posts.

Mizani
June 1st, 2005, 12:22 PM
Nice statment Simba TLK.
Very true indeed.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 01:14 PM
Aww geese...I guess...I'll back off. I'm kinda the pointless Genie...heh...ya. Sorry for me wasting yall's time. In other theards...ya know...:(

Mabatu
June 1st, 2005, 01:31 PM
Simba_TLK is absolutely right. Lately, the quality of this forum has degraded so much because of all the useless, irrelevant and monotonous spam that people keep posting. I sorely miss the days when most of the discussion here was intelligent and interesting, while at the same time, quite often completely insane!

Now everything seems to have gone out of balance - we have almost 100% randomness, and never any meaningful discussion. It's caused me to think about whether i should continue to be a member here or not a few times, and i know for a fact that a large number of the original Lea members rarely come here any more. For me, that's really sad, because i was very fond of them. I know Lea will never return to what it used to be, but i just don't understand why people would choose to spend their time here just to contribute useless posts :confused:.

As Simba_TLK requested, please, if you don't have anything useful to say, then don't say it! This doesn't need to make the forum a boring place, because there is always (and has always been) room for randomness, but we need to show some control.

One thing i have a big problem with is people making threads that have no discussional value. If you want to make a thread, think about why you are making it. The reason isn't extremely important, but if you introduce a thread by typing one sentence that doesn't even make sense and doesn't even use capital letters, then that is a problem. All you have to do is explain what you are saying, and let people know why its important to you, or why you think its significant.

The same goes for posts, but to a lesser extent i guess. Just try to contribute something worthwhile some of the time, i don't know how else to say it :woeisme:.

If everyone does this, the forum will still be fun, but it will also be an interesting place for everyone to visit. Now why wouldn't you want that :bleen:.

And, if none of that made you think about doing things a little differently, then go back and look at the Pride Rules (http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2), and hopefully you'll notice:

# No chatting in threads. (ex: 1 line posts and replies)

And also think of Mufasa paying good money for the server. And all the hard work he put into getting this place up and running.

:hakuna:

And now that i'm reading all that again, i just want to say i don't want to sound like i'm some kind of authority or anything like that, and i really don't mean to make anyone uncomfortable or annoyed, because i'm not aiming this at anyone in particular. I just want things here to be a little more interesting for everyone to read. There needn't be arguments about this issue either :hugs:.

Aurelian
June 1st, 2005, 02:41 PM
I feel invisible. I had been complaining about this for days, no one looked twice at me. In fact, Guntur, Sombolia, and PhantomBPR even got nasty to me at one point. I'm not going to lie, I was at the point that I was thinking of leaving quietly because I was just another pretty face in a crowd. I have had my ups and downs here, but recently, it seems like nobody takes anything I say seriously because I don't like to be a clown all the time.

Simba_TLK and Mabatu have said very nicely what I had been trying to say for awhile. As much as I like to see people joke around and be themselves, you can't turn Lea into a circus with out scaring people off. There are lots of people who get nervous around clowns, you know.

Also, I had been wearly of starting new threads in Scar's Lair because they would also get about ten replies before being pushed off the page by threads with no posting value whatsoever. You can be goofy and funny and still stay ontopic. Just don't go from wishing somebody a happy birthday to talking about dressing up spam in a suit.

As for Mufasa, you have to admit that he is very generous to pay for somthing he doesn't even use anymore. THAT is dedication!

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry Roqivy....I've...barely noticed ya...:(. I guess I'm gunna, stay away from the ***-clown me for a while. It seems better for others. One again, I'm sorry Roq. You mean lots to me...:(

Lucy Lioness
June 1st, 2005, 02:53 PM
I kinda feel like nobody notices me either. I have been complaining about it for a couple of days, no one really took any notice.
:alone:

nathalie
June 1st, 2005, 03:11 PM
*hmm*

Yesterday and today, there might have been over 100 threads I had to read.

And by just looking at the topic title, I didn't look or reply to any of those 100 threads.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 03:11 PM
Lea moderators are very lenient that goes for the administrators as well. A couple of the rules bend a bit. -- If they didn't, it would cause some suffocation to the members.

As for these more than suitable amounts of threads that have little to no substance, well... it is Scar's Den, and anything pretty much goes, contently. -- That's where the leniency steps fourth.

I agree partially however, but not fully. That there's a bit too much randomness lately; mainly in this section of the forum. But, the people who start threads like that shouldn't feel bad, because they're just expressing themselves at the time - and I'm behind them, 100%.

We could all level out a bit, but don't make a travesty out of it, OK?

;)

Endra
June 1st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Thank you so much for making this thread. As a Mod of Scar's Lair I feel it is my responsibility to do something about it... yet I don't. We have all of these 'gangs' rising up left and right... tons of pointless threads (that I contribute to sometimes :() and just too much randomness. If we come up with a solution for this I will try to execute it.

We cannot just lock pointless threads... there are too many of them. The best way, as previously stated, would be to just not post pointless stuff. If there is something I can do as a mod to help, let me know! I would like to help restore Lea to its former glory!

King Simba
June 1st, 2005, 04:27 PM
<rant> I agree about all the pointless threads...I mean, there's just too many of them. Randomness may be good sometimes but then again, it's just wasting a lot of space and bandwidth on the hosting account. I think these threads should be decreased in number...a few aren't too bad but I'd like to see more threads that actually have a proper topic to speak about. Not threads like the 'join my gang' threads that often go off topic. To me, I don't see myself as one of the main culprits and I don't blame those people who have created a gang or group or whatever...I'd just like to see a deduction in these type of threads to be honest. </rant>

Anyways, like others have said, let's try to keep these threads to a minimum. =)

nathalie
June 1st, 2005, 04:30 PM
It is funny though, that some people do realise all this when they make these threads.

Otherwise I don't think Guntur would have made this one, and saying it about himself.

lion_roog
June 1st, 2005, 04:43 PM
Hmm...I have quietly noticed the same thing, too. With the trend in threads and such. Now this is where my idea can really help... of dividing scar's lair into a "New's and Controversy" and "General Discussion" sub forums. :cheese:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 04:45 PM
Cumulative Lea sum = Soap opera! :lol:

"Marsha left Ted, like... OMG!" :o :idiot:

IchLiebeNALA
June 1st, 2005, 04:49 PM
i have to admit, i do contribute a bit to pointless threads, but i totally agree. even though it is scars den, it isn't entirly the place for randomness. that's what my forums for!

have a look!

anyway, it is a serious issue, and it clogs up the servers, which contributes to slow loading times and even the database going down.

i'm calling, along with anyone else, for a ceasefire in randomness.

i'll stop if others will do so with me!

lion_roog
June 1st, 2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by SoniqueX
Cumulative Lea sum = Soap opera! :lol:

"Marsha left Ted, like... OMG!" :o :idiot:

:haha:...All My Lionesses....:D

But I like my idea the best, because it was my idea and they make sense to me...:D

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
:haha:...All My Lionesses....:D

I'd rather watch that, than the actual show. XD

:lol: :lol: :lol:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to say this:

I FEEL NO GUILT WHATSOEVER!:cool:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 05:55 PM
:lol: Obi. I wish I could feel duh same :(

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Utora
:lol: Obi. I wish I could feel duh same :(

You can, think about it, is posting stupidness a sin, no, message boards are for fun, you don't have to feel bad about something as trivial as this.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM
Ya......maybe so...but -I can't help feleing I promoted this insantiy by joining Lea and bein' crazy and all...:(

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:07 PM
Ya......maybe so...but -I can't help feleing I promoted this insantiy by joining Lea and bein' crazy and all...:(

You did nothing wrong, stop being so hard on yourself, your one of the nicest people on Lea, there is NO reason that you should feel bad, for that matter, what's the big deal about posting stupidness, you guys (with the exception of Utora, Guntur, Somb, and Neph) act like we're some kind of freaky family or something. You guys are really starting to over-react, and if the mods ban me for speaking my mind, then so be it.

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:07 PM
*sigh*

Okay, as a fellow surfer (who just so happens to be a webmaster), I believe all y'all deserve to know all the facts.

This is what happens when lots of posts start to build up:
The database takes up more hard drive space.
Loading times go up because the software has to sort through thousands upon thousands of posts.
The server load goes up (bad) because of the sorting, etc.

Uselessness:
For each one-line post somebody makes, that is using about 40 bytes of storage and most likely more because the software also stores information about posts, including the post date, the edit date, the last editor, the poster, etc.
Anyway, if you do the math, about 25 one line posts make up one kilobyte.

It's not much to worry about, because more space can always be added, or old/locked threads can be deleted, but do try to think of what a job that would be for the mods to have to go through all those threads and decide what would was to be removed and what to be kept.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
*sigh*

Okay, as a fellow surfer (who just so happens to be a webmaster), I believe all y'all deserve to know all the facts.

This is what happens when lots of posts start to build up:
The database takes up more hard drive space.
Loading times go up because the software has to sort through thousands upon thousands of posts.
The server load goes up (bad) because of the sorting, etc.

Uselessness:
For each one-line post somebody makes, that is using about 40 bytes of storage and most likely more because the software also stores information about posts, including the post date, the edit date, the last editor, the poster, etc.
Anyway, if you do the math, about 25 one line posts make up one kilobyte.

It's not much to worry about, because more space can always be added, or old/locked threads can be deleted, but do try to think of what a job that would be for the mods to have to go through all those threads and decide what would was to be removed and what to be kept.

That's all well and fine, but I see no difference between posts, it's all the same to me, stupid or not stupid, what I'm saying is, how can one post be more important than another unless it's about something like; the black pleague came back, or, the world is about to explode?

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:13 PM
:lol: Oh my word. Well, if Mufasa had an issue with it, would he not state something? I mean....now i feel like..I shouldn't post at all.....:confused: tho that may not be whats asked...i'm not a very serious Jedi here....and ya won't see many posts if you are requesting me to be serious. Tho, that's what some may want...the Genie to shaddup.:evilgrin:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:14 PM
:lol: Oh my word. Well, if Mufasa had an issue with it, would he not state something? I mean....now i feel like..I shouldn't post at all.....:confused: tho that may not be whats asked...i'm not a very serious Jedi here....and ya won't see many posts if you are requesting me to be serious. Tho, that's what some may want...the Genie to shaddup.:evilgrin:

They'll have to get through me to do it!:lol:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:15 PM
Yes!!! :lol: Just you try and---whoho.......Off topic warning here we come! [runs off somewhere to not get in trouble] Obi's fault!

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:16 PM
:lol: Oh my word. Well, if Mufasa had an issue with it, would he not state something? I mean....now i feel like..I shouldn't post at all.....

1) that's a wonderful point. If Mufasa had a problem with it, he'd say something. so this really isn't anything other than "we the people" trying to clean ourselves up.

2) posting is not a crime, nor can it be punishable... unless the moderators say it is. and nobody here has been punished in quite awhile.

Phantom: your attitude isn't exactly the kind of thing that's going to help us with any of this. Posting stupidness is bad because there are a very select few who want to read it. My point is that it's annoying and takes up unneeded space. If you really want to, go find a free forum provider and make a forum for just posting randomness or whatever spam you feel is necessary, but in online terms, spam is vandalism and graphiti, which are bad.

This shouldn't turn into some awful flame war thing because it's not that big of a deal. Just stop with the spam and everything will be fine. Lea Halalela is not just for fun. It is a means of communication across a very wide and diverse network of people, saying that it's just a fun thing to do is oversimplification.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:18 PM
1) that's a wonderful point. If Mufasa had a problem with it, he'd say something. so this really isn't anything other than "we the people" trying to clean ourselves up.

2) posting is not a crime, nor can it be punishable... unless the moderators say it is. and nobody here has been punished in quite awhile.

Phantom: your attitude isn't exactly the kind of thing that's going to help us with any of this. Posting stupidness is bad because there are a very select few who want to read it. My point is that it's annoying and takes up unneeded space. If you really want to, go find a free forum provider and make a forum for just posting randomness or whatever spam you feel is necessary, but in online terms, spam is vandalism and graphiti, which are bad.

This shouldn't turn into some awful flame war thing because it's not that big of a deal. Just stop with the spam and everything will be fine. Lea Halalela is not just for fun. It is a means of communication across a very wide and diverse network of people, saying that it's just a fun thing to do is oversimplification.

Dude, I think your missing my point, what I'm saying is, how can one post be more important then another?

lion_roog
June 1st, 2005, 06:18 PM
I don't think people are having a problem with the random posts and threads and all...it's seems to be more so with the organization of the most popular part of the forum....because, basically, there is no organization....:D

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
I don't think people are having a problem with the random posts and threads and all...it's seems to be more so with the organization of the most popular part of the forum....because, basically, there is no organization....:D

Well spoken! Hear hear!

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by PhantomBPR
Dude, I think your missing my point, what I'm saying is, how can one post be more important then another?

Simple: a post that directly stops somebody from participating in a topic. A post that doesn't say anything other than "okay" or "whatever". A post that is completely off topic.

All of the above are unimportant.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:22 PM
Simple: a post that directly stops somebody from participating in a topic. A post that doesn't say anything other than "okay" or "whatever". A post that is completely off topic.

All of the above are unimportant.

It stops them? They don't have the power to continue?

EDIT: Forget that, just tell me what you deem important.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:25 PM
Capital, capital! Jk, I hate it when english chaps say that in movies...-cough- anywho. I think this thread is becoming a confrontation zone./ I admit I took it extreamly seriously, and ask for forgiveness now. Though, beware that I shall continue tio be random. I can be serious, as of I am now, but like PS said, don't type like.

:lol: Ahahah, that's funny!

It would be more suited as

:lol:ahahah, that's funny! I did that too once :and you tell your story.

i think that's what PS means? [scratches head]:confused:

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:25 PM
It stops them? They don't have the power to continue?

EDIT: Forget that, just tell me what you deem important.

I meant something more along the lines of this:

Messages that contain no point, relevance, or contain subject matter that doesn't directly allow other member participation. Topics directed to a particular user, posting several times consecutively as an appendage to ONE post, and posts in threads that have NOTHING to do with the subject.

There's really no way to define what is important and what is not, but there are two words that really help a lot:

Common sense.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:26 PM
Capital, capital! Jk, I hate it when english chaps say that in movies...-cough- anywho. I think this thread is becoming a confrontation zone./ I admit I took it extreamly seriously, and ask for forgiveness now. Though, beware that I shall continue tio be random. I can be serious, as of I am now, but like PS said, don't type like.

:lol: Ahahah, that's funny!

It would be more suited as

:lol:ahahah, that's funny! I did that too once :and you tell your story.

i think that's what PS means? [scratches head]:confused:

ROCK ON!:cheese:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:29 PM
I meant something more along the lines of this:

Messages that contain no point, relevance, or contain subject matter that doesn't directly allow other member participation. Topics directed to a particular user, posting several times consecutively as an appendage to ONE post, and posts in threads that have NOTHING to do with the subject.

There's really no way to define what is important and what is not, but there are two words that really help a lot:

Common sense.

Dude, you need to really settle down abit, this isnot a war, it's just a message board, I've noticed a great deal of the people here at Lea, tend to complain about trivial things like this, and on many occasions I've been prompted to say a few things, however I keep my cool, don't push me guys cause you may push the Phantom far enough to where he will start flamming like you've never seen before.;)

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:30 PM
Ohohohoho....Darth Phantom eh? :lol:

I'm warning you both.....be careful. I 'd really hate for yall to start arguiong. For once Utora will say it,
"Get back on topic now if ya know what's best for you!":grrr:
It's not like the MODs aren't watching :lol:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:31 PM
Ohohohoho....Darth Phantom eh? :lol:

You don't know the power of the dark side.:evilgrin:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
Anakin here does know...:irule: :haha:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:33 PM

I'm warning you both.....be careful. I 'd really hate for yall to start arguiong. For once Utora will say it,
"Get back on topic now if ya know what's best for you!":grrr:

If the mods want to shut me down, so be it, I've got a life other than Lea, I can make it, I'll find a different board if I have to. (No offense to you Utora)

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:33 PM
Dude, you need to really settle down abit, this isnot a war, it's just a message board, I've noticed a great deal of the people here at Lea, tend to complain about trivial things like this, and on many occasions I've been prompted to say a few things, however I keep my cool, don't push me guys cause you may push the Phantom far enough to where he will start flamming like you've never seen before.;)

I'm not angry. And I know it's not a war.

And a great deal of the people here at Lea complain about this because of this:

1) Those people don't care to have to constantly read that kind of stuff.
2) Those people don't think they should have to read it.
3) Those people use Lea as a method of intelligent communication instead of treating the forum like it's a really cool, free toy.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:35 PM
I'm not angry. And I know it's not a war.

And a great deal of the people here at Lea complain about this because of this:

1) Those people don't care to have to constantly read that kind of stuff.
2) Those people don't think they should have to read it.
3) Those people use Lea as a method of intelligent communication instead of treating the forum like it's a really cool, free toy.

Uh, it's not a really cool free toy?:confused:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:35 PM
If the mods want to shut me down, so be it, I've got a life other than Lea, I can make it, I'll find a different board if I have to. (No offense to you Utora)

That may be so, but I don't want to loose you.:alone: If you understand....:disagree:

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:36 PM
Uh, it's not a really cool free toy?:confused:

Why don't you ask a real question? I think you knew that the answer I'm going to give you is: no, it's not.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:37 PM
That may be so, but I don't want to loose you.:alone: If you understand....:disagree:

I get you, infact it's because of people like that I'm still here, cause belive me, if not for you, Guntur, Somb, and Neph, I would have left long
ago.

Why don't you ask a real question? I think you knew that the answer I'm going to give you is: no, it's not.

Seriously, what is a message board but a seriously fun toy?:hmm:

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:39 PM
Well I'm glad so Phant. And okay, let's cool the pot down yall. I'm seeing steam.:badnews:

Monai
June 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM
*sighs* Even though this is my first post in the thread, I feel like leaving already, cuz of the arguments starting here.

IMHO, even though I'm a big fan of randomness, this is just stupidity. And, this isn't the Lea I knew, or most people knew, from back when I joined in September. It's not the same. When I first joined, you'd get a lot of interesting threads, but there'd always be some randomness too. Which made it funny, but not annoying.

But, for about the last week or so, the forum's just been filled with spam. And if you try to say, it's not spam, guess what? IT IS.

Also, people've started a lot of gangs lately, which are mostly pointless too. I mean, LH had 4 gangs at first: TNSB, BUMMS, GOIG and RI. Then, there were about 10 more.

Ask me, and I'd say, STOP posting the pointless threads. Now.

For now, that's all folks! :p

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM

What are you doin' in that corner over there, hum?

:gasp: :lol: :cheese:

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:41 PM
I've said it before: it's a device used for communication and not your personal games or pleasure. Some people, myself included, actually use it as such. If you can't grasp the concept, that's your problem, but get with the picture.

unregistered user
Well I'm glad so Phant. And okay, let's cool the pot down yall. I'm seeing steam.:badnews:

Hmm, well, I'm gonna leave it at that, because of Utora, but let me just warn you guys, if she hadn't have said that, and you guys would have kept bugging me about this, I would have started saying some majorly un-cool things about some of the people on this board, but, I'm gonna stop for Utora.

unregistered user
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [runs from Sonq] I'm not hiding...I'm just.....staying away from the people in secret...ahehehehe:D

Ngatuny
As I see it the pointless threads have a tendency to come up every once in a while and as the board grows the more they come, all I will ask is to try and keep the threads that are just pointless to a minimum it can get very annoying when you can't be here for a lot of time and when you can come to check how things are going with fellow members (and I mean all not just a few) to have to go thru so many threads that are basically the same, now there has ALWAYS been randomness at Lea and that shouldn't change but if most of the randomness can have some form of meaning and relevance to the original topic of a thread it would be really helpful.

Also if someone already started a thread where what you (meaning any member) were planing on saying is relevant or basically the same try to avoid creating a new thread. We really don't need 20 threads about the same general topic.

We moderators are NOT the Lea Police, this is not an attack on anyone or anything like that.

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks, Monai.
Thanks, Ngatuny.

Just what I was trying to say ;)

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Ngatuny
As I see it the pointless threads have a tendency to come up every once in a while and as the board grows the more they come, all I will ask is to try and keep the threads that are just pointless to a minimum it can get very annoying when you can't be here for a lot of time and when you can come to check how things are going with fellow members (and I mean all not just a few) to have to go thru so many threads that are basically the same, now there has ALWAYS been randomness at Lea and that shouldn't change but if most of the randomness can have some form of meaning and relevance to the original topic of a thread it would be really helpful.

Also if someone already started a thread where what you (meaning any member) were planing on saying is relevant or basically the same try to avoid creating a new thread. We really don't need 20 threads about the same general topic.

We moderators are NOT the Lea Police, this is not an attack on anyone or anything like that.

OK I'm sorry I knew I said that I would shutup but I have to say one last thing, this whole big old disscusion is about being annoyed about having to go through useless info? I mean, come on, it's not that big of a deal.
And I think, if the mods knew what was right for Lea, they would shut this thread down, just a thought.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:47 PM
[coughsI'mscaredcoughs] What the hooby stank is with peeps today? Yesterday it was love in the air, now it's
LADDEE-FREAKIN'-DA-I'M-GUNNA-TURN-DARK-ASIDE-AND-MASS-MURDER-YALL.....did I miss sumtin?
[hides from mods]

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:48 PM
OK I'm sorry I knew I said that I would shutup but I have to say one last thing, this whole big old disscusion is about being annoyed about having to go through useless info? I mean, come on, it's not that big of a deal.
And I think, if the mods knew what was right for Lea, they would shut this thread down, just a thought.

You just don't get the picture do you?
I'm sorry you're so apathetic that you can't at least try to care about other people.

I'm not sure what else to say that could possibly convince you that what you're doing is pointless and stupid.

All I really know how to say is: see ya later, Lea Halalela.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Hey! :grrr: Don't ever call Phant pathetic! He does care! But it's not the same as you think!

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:52 PM
Hey! :grrr: Don't ever call Phant pathetic! He does care! But it's not the same as you think!

I never said the word pathetic, nor did I mean to imply it. I said what he was doing was stupid and pointless. I never said anything about him other than that he seems to be so apathetic.

I'm done. TTFN, ta ta for now, Lea Halalela.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:54 PM
PS, was relating to the word "apathy," not being pathetically.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:56 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Prince SimbaI'm sorry you're so apathetic that you can't at least try to care about other people.

Don't you make me look like I'm pullin' stuff from my arse. There's enough hate in this flipping world, and the last we need is to see it here. But don't even pretend to insult Phant or any other of my friends....just because they don't understand doesn't mean we have to gang up on em with our pride.. :disagree:

[EDIT] Soo, I'm illiterate and can't understand, therefore I am done and am sorry to you PS, and to Sonq, and to everyone that had to sit and watch my fat iggnorance take up space. Sorry PS:(]

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 06:58 PM
I know I said I was done, but I have to clear this up because it makes me look bad.

I wasn't pretending to insult him, I'm not ganging up on him, and I most certainly wasn't trying to insult you or any of your friends.

From Dictionary.com
apathetic:
ap?a?thet?ic - adj.

1. Feeling or showing a lack of interest or concern; indifferent.
2. Feeling or showing little or no emotion; unresponsive.

I meant what I said. TTFN, ta ta for now, everybody.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 07:01 PM
Like I said, I'm sorry. And I don't want things to look like your the criminal here. In fact of truth-I am, so there it stands.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 07:02 PM
1. Feeling or showing a lack of interest or concern; indifferent.
2. Feeling or showing little or no emotion; unresponsive.

LOL! Caffeine anyone? :lol:

Aurelian
June 1st, 2005, 07:08 PM

Wow! I have seen some dence people, but Phantom takes the cake! And I am not one to throw out insults either. You are blatnatly trying to start a fight, and blame the mods. That is sad.

I spent Monday night over a freinds house, and he doesn't have internet acess. I was gone from Lea aproximatly 30 hours, and I needed to go through just about two pages of pointless posts to get to the last thread I saw posted. I still remember when we could go for about a week on a single page. It is very annoying and time consuming to be doing scavenger hunts for every post you look for.

There is nothing wrong with this thread. It is a discussion about how to make Lea better. The only thing wrong with it is the fights that you are blatantly trying to start.

As for post types, what PS meant was that a post who's sole message says "goodnight" is uneeded. It is unessary to let people know when you go to bed, and the few replies it gets will be out of courtesy. However, a heated debate would be meaningfull as many people are enjoying it. Also, no point in having 5 different Star Wars topics, when one will suffice. Easier to see everyone's opinions too.

In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to get Mufasa to get his butt back here, or if he is still to busy, to hire a global mod with the ability to use his powers in his place. With some administrative options, we would be able to do somthing a bit more constructive. Seeing as that probably won't happen, the best we can do is put our heads together and come up with a solution that will please as many people as possible, and let the mods enforce it as is their jobs. Now, I would never say to get rid of randomness all together, as that would make this place boring and bland. We just need to contain it a bit. Lessen the spontaniety, and , as Monai said, add a bit of organization.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 07:12 PM
Thank you Roq. I guess I just need to let the guys sort things out...eh? I'm not much of an understander nor a good fighter. Anywho-about the random topics...:lol:
Did ya have fun at yer palios house Roq? jk =)

Juniper
June 1st, 2005, 09:33 PM
*sighs*

Have you guys not noticed the pattern yet? There's a surge in alleged spam threads, followed by someone speaking out against the threads, followed by an argument, and then it fades away because the general opinion is that the solution is more of a hindrance than the actual problem. That doesn't mean the problems been solved though. The same situation came up again and again, and if this time fails, it'll come up in the future again too. The mere fact that the issue keeps coming up proves that there's still a problem.

The problem before was with game threads, spamming, and a bit with excessive randomness. The game threads have gone away for the most part, but the problem still remains: spam.

It's not just threads, but within the threads, both "useless" (quoting, not accusing) and "serious" threads. There can be a thread where a person needs support and there'll be people joking about toilets or something. Even normal threads, like "What is your hairstyle" or something (I don't think that thread's been made yet) which isn't very serious but does serve a point will turn into pages of three or four people chatting back and forth about nothing. I have yet to see a topic stay on task for more than twenty posts. No offense, but sometimes I think this forum has the attention span of a fruit fly. (notice I'm not naming specific people, because we're all to blame at some point)

To be completely truthful, I think the whole gang, crew, club, INC, team, mob, squad, pride, etc... (with the exception of TNSB and BUMMS, two of the original groups on lea) are annoying. Though I am kinda interested to see what happens when people run out of colors to represent their group (in people's signatures).

I myself am pretty tired of seeing all the spam everywhere I go to post. Some people may say that it's everyone's forum and they can post what they want. Well, I say it's my forum too, and though I don't mean to be overly assertive, I think I should be able to find being on it enjoyable just as much as the next person. That means that I shouldn't have to wade through three pages of chat posts to find a single one of more than mediocre value.

And then there's the randomness. Now, randomness is by definition off-topic and out-of-the-ordinary. Because randomness is the norm, doesn't that mean that posts with well thought out meaning are random. And then doesn't mean that the randomness currently on the board is not random at all? It's turned into a contest to see who can be the most off-topic, outrageous, and spontaneous. Is there really anyone who still finds randomness nearly as funny as it used to be when only the experts in randomness (the ones that still make me laugh) practiced the fine art of humor? In my own opinion, I respect people who post usefull threads or at least use randomness in moderation; moderation meaning limited quantity, not rule enforcing moderation (what moderators do).

Finally, there's the problem of pointing fingers AND playing the victim. I've done both at some point, didn't help. I'll change my mind if ONE person can tell me that doing either has helped them out in some way.

Because a few people I've talked to don't know what can be done, I'll tell you guys three things that I guarantee are true.

1. The problem, if there is one, won't go away on its own.
2. There must be compromise.
3. There must be organization or leadership.

So here's what we're gonna do if we're going to solve it this time around:

1. We're going to define the problem. Can't fix a problem if we can't say what it is. Likewise, we need to find the core issues and solve those, not just the symptoms. In other words, let's find why people do what they do and fix that, instead of changing the percieved problem.

2. We're going to hear both sides of the issue. There are two sides
2.2. We're going to acknowledge that every person has contributed to a problem on lea in some way.
2.5. Both sides are going to be mature. We're not going to name names, we're not going to get personal and we're not going to point fingers.

3. We're going to find a compromise. Nothing can be solved without compromise.

4. We're going to execute that compromise. Back our decisions up with action.

5. We're going to pat ourselves on the back for getting the issue solved once and for all and not having to worry about it anymore.

But before all that, we need to decide if there's actually a problem. No use in fixing something that isn't broken.

TakaTiger
June 1st, 2005, 09:45 PM
all i have to say is this

I find all the stupid, pointless threads a little annoying, i woulddnt mind one or 2 here n there, just for fun... but when the whole place is flooded with em... oi! >.>

i used to post alot more, cause i enjoyed the the threads, and maby a rondom one once in a while, but now all i do is look at em oO''

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 09:49 PM
I'm going to liberal about this whole ordeal, and if it's to save Lea, then I suuppose, that I could change my opinions, and help to reduce the pointless posts.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 09:58 PM
Cant say im innocent to this pointlessness, which is a bit bad since im a mod but ah well.

And as I see it trends is the problem, one thread starts and its about lets say 'What kind of movie do you like?'

And that usually leads to alot of similiar threads. And in these threads as Pntbll pointed out, everything goes OT after the first posts.

Same about gangs really, one night there was a dating service set up (joke or no joke), the next day there was atleast 5 different gang/group/whatever you like to call it threads.

So I see the problem as trends and people's interest of following them.

EDIT:I am not saying anyone here is bad and should be punished by spanking or anything I just offered my point of view.

Thats my view of it all.

Iestyn
June 1st, 2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by pntbll248
*sighs*

Have you guys not noticed the pattern yet? There's a surge in alleged spam threads, followed by someone speaking out against the threads, followed by an argument, and then it fades away because the general opinion is that the solution is more of a hindrance than the actual problem. That doesn't mean the problems been solved though. The same situation came up again and again, and if this time fails, it'll come up in the future again too. The mere fact that the issue keeps coming up proves that there's still a problem.

The problem before was with game threads, spamming, and a bit with excessive randomness. The game threads have gone away for the most part, but the problem still remains: spam.

It's not just threads, but within the threads, both "useless" (quoting, not accusing) and "serious" threads. There can be a thread where a person needs support and there'll be people joking about toilets or something. Even normal threads, like "What is your hairstyle" or something (I don't think that thread's been made yet) which isn't very serious but does serve a point will turn into pages of three or four people chatting back and forth about nothing. I have yet to see a topic stay on task for more than twenty posts. No offense, but sometimes I think this forum has the attention span of a fruit fly. (notice I'm not naming specific people, because we're all to blame at some point)

To be completely truthful, I think the whole gang, crew, club, INC, team, mob, squad, pride, etc... (with the exception of TNSB and BUMMS, two of the original groups on lea) are annoying. Though I am kinda interested to see what happens when people run out of colors to represent their group (in people's signatures).

I myself am pretty tired of seeing all the spam everywhere I go to post. Some people may say that it's everyone's forum and they can post what they want. Well, I say it's my forum too, and though I don't mean to be overly assertive, I think I should be able to find being on it enjoyable just as much as the next person. That means that I shouldn't have to wade through three pages of chat posts to find a single one of more than mediocre value.

And then there's the randomness. Now, randomness is by definition off-topic and out-of-the-ordinary. Because randomness is the norm, doesn't that mean that posts with well thought out meaning are random. And then doesn't mean that the randomness currently on the board is not random at all? It's turned into a contest to see who can be the most off-topic, outrageous, and spontaneous. Is there really anyone who still finds randomness nearly as funny as it used to be when only the experts in randomness (the ones that still make me laugh) practiced the fine art of humor? In my own opinion, I respect people who post usefull threads or at least use randomness in moderation; moderation meaning limited quantity, not rule enforcing moderation (what moderators do).

Finally, there's the problem of pointing fingers AND playing the victim. I've done both at some point, didn't help. I'll change my mind if ONE person can tell me that doing either has helped them out in some way.

Because a few people I've talked to don't know what can be done, I'll tell you guys three things that I guarantee are true.

1. The problem, if there is one, won't go away on its own.
2. There must be compromise.
3. There must be organization or leadership.

So here's what we're gonna do if we're going to solve it this time around:

1. We're going to define the problem. Can't fix a problem if we can't say what it is. Likewise, we need to find the core issues and solve those, not just the symptoms. In other words, let's find why people do what they do and fix that, instead of changing the percieved problem.

2. We're going to hear both sides of the issue. There are two sides
2.2. We're going to acknowledge that every person has contributed to a problem on lea in some way.
2.5. Both sides are going to be mature. We're not going to name names, we're not going to get personal and we're not going to point fingers.

3. We're going to find a compromise. Nothing can be solved without compromise.

4. We're going to execute that compromise. Back our decisions up with action.

5. We're going to pat ourselves on the back for getting the issue solved once and for all and not having to worry about it anymore.

But before all that, we need to decide if there's actually a problem. No use in fixing something that isn't broken.
Pnt, you are awesome!

lion_roog
June 1st, 2005, 11:11 PM
I have read this entire thread and I agree that with everyone that Lea is a place to have conversation with people, both in seriousness and in fun. And the thread trend recently has been a bit annoying, but it's mainly because I can't find the threads that I want.

I suggest we divide Scar's Lair into two, to help with organization. I believe Pntbll said we need more organization, too. I News and Controvercy section...and a General section.....that way I can be like..."Sweet!!..a discussion on Religion!"...and then I can be like "Sweet!!..A discussion on what you do before bed!!"...:D

And as much as everyone wants to start a Pride and such of their own, that has been kinda bothering me too. Not that I have anything against people doing it, but mainly because the idea is not original. I started my Lionesses mainly to honor the the females that I consider friends on Lea, and I made one thread about it. I try not to mention it too much outside of that thread. And I don't like to use it as a comptetition, that's why I don't care if they join other prides, ect. I don't consider BUMMS, TNSB, ect as a pride...those seem more like Community rings of people who support a general concept, ect.

And Phantom, it's cooll to see you willing to compromise and all. That shows that you're a man.

And Princy Simbs...YOu're way too cool to leave, but you gotta do what you gotta do....I'll look foward to your return!..:cheese:

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Iestyn
Pnt, you are awesome!

I second that!

We must listen to Pnt, for he is (the current) Problem-solving god. :cheese:

King Simba
June 1st, 2005, 11:17 PM
Good points, Pnt. ;)

nafklt
June 1st, 2005, 11:28 PM
All bow down to the Great Pnt! ;)

Shatara
June 1st, 2005, 11:34 PM
Pnt seems to have it nailed down.

I've noticed the pattern myself. One of the reasons I get annoyed when people start coming in like FMOG STOP FIGHTING!!!!!112

Juniper
June 1st, 2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks you guys :)

So, first up, anyone wanna define the problem in a brief summary? Just to make sure we're all on the same page

IchLiebeNALA
June 1st, 2005, 11:47 PM
IMO there are 2 problems:

1) Spam (Not sticking to original topic)
2) Pointless Threads

anyone else agree/disagree

TakaTiger
June 2nd, 2005, 12:02 AM
i agree

lion_roog
June 2nd, 2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks you guys :)

So, first up, anyone wanna define the problem in a brief summary? Just to make sure we're all on the same page

Oooo....Organization!!!...we need more organization.

I say we split Scar's Lair into two forums....a General Topics one and a News and Controvercy one.....and make me the mod of the latter...because I am not afraid to rule with an iron fist!!!...If people start going off topic, I'll give them a warning like..."Don't make me bring uncertian death to this topic!!!...So stay on topic, please!..:D"...and if they fail to comply...I'll lock it and say..."ROOG-LOCKED, BABY!!!..:D :D"......Hey!, I can have dreams too...:D

Shoukai
June 2nd, 2005, 03:02 AM
Sorry to add to the confusion but...scars lioar clearly states "anything or everything off-topic" can someone give me an example of a thread that is innapropriate?

id also like to add that.....

Originally posted by Roquivo
I feel invisible. I had been complaining about this for days, no one looked twice at me. In fact, Guntur, Sombolia, and PhantomBPR even got nasty to me at one point. I'm not going to lie, I was at the point that I was thinking of leaving quietly because I was just another pretty face in a crowd. I have had my ups and downs here, but recently, it seems like nobody takes anything I say seriously because I don't like to be a clown all the time.

Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
[B]I kinda feel like nobody notices me either. I have been complaining about it for a couple of days, no one really took any notice.
:alone:

....word. I hate to say i feel the same way too sometimes, don't get me wrong, there are a couple of people who actually respond to my previous posts, but there are many times when i get overlooked. Nevertheless....<3 lea

roquivo introduced me to this forum, so...i decided to stick by him:ayecapn:

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 03:08 AM
*bow* thanks for opinion
well my opinion...
Stop this spaming thread that annoyed people
and yeah.. think before you post
And a mod should Post About Posting a Thread and pin them

Aurelian
June 2nd, 2005, 03:31 AM
A pawprint thread is a great idea, Guntur.

I did notice that a decent sized persentage of the problem posts come from newer members who don't know better. I know that posting rules are posted in the FAQ, but most new members don't read that, like it or not. A posting rules sticky thread will not only eleiminate the "I didn't know!" excuse, but will help the new people at the same time.

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 06:21 AM
I just read Pntbll..
and that one good reason that im gonna kiss you someday:p jk :p
im gonna agree with PS and Pnt...
well without This Two Great Member.. I don't think that lea gonna be alive..
:D cheer both*bow*
TO Utora: well.. can you be serious a little bit :D

nathalie
June 2nd, 2005, 09:08 AM
Untill 1,5 weeks ago, Lea was always the first thing I visited when I woke up.

I have about 50 forums in my favorite list, and since those few days, I visit Lea the last in line.

But that's just what I think about it.

And to make a pawprint thread?
I don't think that works eather ... Mufasa made one concerning the banner size rules.
And even though that thread is on top of the list, apperently half of the members don't even read that, because we still have to pm lots of members ... sticky or no sticky.

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 09:26 AM
hmm... We Try First :D
1. Make A Paw Print About Post a Thread
2. Some Member maybe read that :D
3. If New member (or Old) Ignore the Rules mod MUST PM them :D
4. When PM QUOTE the Rules :D

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 09:42 AM
ahem...thats..basicly what we do Guntur :p

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 09:58 AM
ohhkay... any other suggestion.. :p
:p

nathalie
June 2nd, 2005, 10:02 AM
Yep, mostly when I pm someone about their banners, I do post the links from that sticky and the rules.

If sometimes I didn't post that link, sorry ... but I do tend to forget some things sometimes *blush*

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 10:07 AM
Hmm....
no worries :p
err Mod.. any suggestion to minimize this Pointless thread?

nathalie
June 2nd, 2005, 10:11 AM
I can close 'em all down, but I don't think that would help.

As I said before, some people do realise that they make these threads.

Maybe now, with this thread being here, people will think twice before making another one of those threads.

And also all those polls "nala or simba" "kovu or kiara"
Just make 1 poll, that has got all the characters from 1 movie in it.

And also, the "search" button, it's not just there for fun ;)

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Yeap..
there's a reason to rise ol topic :p
or What's Your Fav Char in TLK - Just Pin it:p
w0w am i a mod:lol::pjk

Dare
June 2nd, 2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Guntur
ohhkay... any other suggestion.. :p
:p

Is mass emailing a feature available on this board? I know that I used to use mass emails quite frequently on my EzBoard when I needed to notify forumers of rules, policy statements, and other important announcements. It may annoy some people, but sometimes to get someone's attention...

Originally posted by nathalie

And also all those polls "nala or simba" "kovu or kiara"
Just make 1 poll, that has got all the characters from 1 movie in it.

Is it possible to make multiple polls within a post?
Because that's a great idea if you want to compare ALL of the characters at once, but if people want their topic to focus specifically on one or two characters (which I find is easier for people like me to have a serious discussion in), I don't think it's wise/fair to throw the other 15+ cast members into the fray.
Because sometimes some of us don't want to discuss the entire bloody cast...at least I don't. If I did, I'd have posted in more than just 1-2 poll threads.

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Shoukai
Sorry to add to the confusion but...scars lioar clearly states "anything or everything off-topic" can someone give me an example of a thread that is innapropriate?

Anything or Everything off topic
Non TLK topic :p
but talk about world issues and some important stuff that we can share together :cheese:

nathalie
June 2nd, 2005, 11:32 AM
You don't all have to jump on me, when I say my opinion on something ;)

And ok, you are correct, "anything anything or everything off-topic" but there has to be a line draw somewhere.

And the way it's looking now, I have no need of visiting this forum as much as I used too.

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 12:23 PM
Well, you are a mod ;p

nathalie
June 2nd, 2005, 12:38 PM
I know. So this last week, I've only been here, because of that.

Hopefully within a few days, I will like comming here again.

But like I said, that is my opinion on it all.

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
Yes and I respect your opinion Nath, I was just making sure you will still be with us :cheese:

TakaTiger
June 2nd, 2005, 02:02 PM
you best not be leavin naf, i just got to welcome you here :idiot:

Aurelian
June 2nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by TakaTiger
you best not be leavin naf, i just got to welcome you here :idiot:

TT, it's Nathalie, not Nafklt, who wants to leave. ;)

nathalie
June 2nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Haha, I leave for 2 - 3 hours, I someone thinks I already turned into a boy :eek: haha :lol: *j/k*

I do read along though, you got me, and now you won't get rid of me :p

It's just that, (and it happened on other forums too) that there are periods, that most threads aren't as interesting.

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Well, Nathalie my dear, Lea is the imperium of *all forums. We wouldn't dream of getting rid of you; because, "Each lost -- takes away from us all..."

;) :hugs:

*grabs popcorn and kicks back...* Yep!... :p

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Well, cept' duh Genei. ANYONE here could do without the Genie :lol:

nathalie
June 2nd, 2005, 03:29 PM
that's not true ...

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 03:29 PM

What? But, we'd lose Manic Monday's!

:(... :lol: ;)

IchLiebeNALA
June 2nd, 2005, 08:35 PM

i couldn't! i wouldn't be able to laugh. i was peaking to her on MSN and i have never laughed so much in my life!

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
i couldn't! i wouldn't be able to laugh. i was peaking to her on MSN and i have never laughed so much in my life!

you were peaking on me? You little perv. And you even laughed....welp, no more accepting MSN Buddy requests from yall folks!!! Peaking Toms!

:lol: XD jk

IchLiebeNALA
June 2nd, 2005, 09:24 PM
well, i bet you enjoyed peaking didn't you?

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 09:25 PM
hmm this food really good :D
okay back to topic
any other suggestion?? :p

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 09:25 PM
WHO TOLD YOU!!?? pbbtshhhhhhhhhh. Keep it quiet. I don't want to post it everywhere for everyone to see!

IchLiebeNALA
June 2nd, 2005, 09:26 PM
oh, ok

unregistered user
June 2nd, 2005, 09:38 PM
;) reminderr...

No chatting in threads. (ex: 1 line posts and replies)

*bow* :D cheers guys

SimbaLKD
June 3rd, 2005, 12:36 AM
Hmmm.. came onto this one late (was on a trip) .. I guess I need to read all of this (kinda skimmed it cause im out the door) but this has been a concern of ours for awhile, kinda a delicate situation...

:confused:

Juniper
June 3rd, 2005, 01:34 AM
Ok, first off, people need to quit spamming the thread about spam...ing >.>. Just seems like an insult to the cause.

As for what to do, I think there's a few things. Sure, we could post and pin spam rules in scar's lair, that would get people's attention for about... five minutes.From what I've noticed, the problem is too widespread and involves too many people to just make a rule about it. If you can't solve a problem from one angle, change how you're trying to solve the problem. Maybe more mods are needed? That is a possibility, but I also liked what Shatara did in his thread about banning knives in the UK, he told people to quit spamming his thread. I think the majority of people would stop spamming if we all, in our own threads or eachother's threads, reminded the spammers to not go off topic. I would say that we should put the power and responsibility in the hands of the author of the thread, because, to be honest, I quit making threads for the most part because they are pointless, it all ends in the same thing, a chat between a few members. My whole point is, do you order a pizza and get an orange? No. So why do you have to go into a thread, expect a certain topic, and get something else?

As a compromise, I think that if a person who makes the thread doesn't have a problem with people spamming in their thread, then the people should be allowed to spam. Who are we to say that people need to stay on topic if the creator of the topic doesn't see a problem?

As for the randomness, we don't want randomness genocide :p Some is acceptable, even good. But when it gets to be impossible to carry on an intelligent discussion because every other post is either someone flirting with another person, an inside joke that really isn't that funny, or something just random, then enough is enough. My question is "How far will it go"? In my personal opinion, the majority of randomness fits in with spam; refer to the above paragraphs.

Now, the different groups forming on lea, that's not that big of a deal aside from the fact that there's just a flood of them. I think most of it stems from the fact that all people want to belong and fit in. What better way than to create a group that other's join? That problem is a toughy though, because you can't just say "No more groups". I don't think everything needs a rule; the general trend in society is that the more rules there are, the lower the average morale.(keeping in mind that there should be some rules, or the morale sinks also. It's like a parabola). I think that we should maybe start recognizing those who are generally left-out. And those who aren't too. It takes, what? Two minutes to write and send a PM to someone? Probably less. I dunno about you guys, but I like getting PM's, especially nice ones. I would be more than happy to spare five minutes of my time if it'll make a few people's day and make them feel like they belong. Once people start feeling more accepted or wanted here, the threads will become less and less. The fact that there's threads about a member leaving because they don't feel like they are wanted on the forum only backs up my point.

So here's what I say we do, agree or disagree all you want:

1. Pin a spam advisory in Scar's Lair
2. Put the spam problem in the hands of the thread creators. If they tell someone to quit spamming their thread, then the spammer should quit. If they don't have a problem with it, then they don't have a problem with it and it should be allowed.
3. Treat excessive randomness as spam
4. Try to encourage eachother to work together on the problem.
5. Compliment eachother, send PM's, etc... If you notice someone who is generally left out, make it a point to tell them you notice them. Hell, send PM's to people who're always the center of attention too, praise makes everyone happy.
6. Realize that it's going to take more than a day to fix.
7. Here's the important one: Regardless of what we do, come back two weeks later and evaluate it. If it worked, then keep going with it. If it didn't, then keep that in mind while you try to find a different solution.

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2005, 01:55 AM
Every time i come here, there's just some huge post. Not that I'm against that, no no no no no. But for those that are "illiterate" and "lazy"...yes, such as myself....perhaps if you just stated the SOUL POINT. Like, ....what is the point? Maybe i should just not bother sometimes.....but I don't think there is a problem much anymore. Perhaps, if the topic is a funny, time to be random, kinda thing, then so be it. but if it's asking a question, being serious, lets keep it serious. Though I'm going against....[coughTheGenie|Mecough] I'm being serious now. And try not to post- looky looky, a large postXD...I'm out :lol:

Juniper
June 3rd, 2005, 02:04 AM
Perhaps some things are too important for just a few sentences. The english language is rich in content, might as well include a lot of it if you need to get a point across. But I figured that there'd be a few people who didn't want to read my whole post, and that's why I summed it up at the bottom.

However, would you rather read a large post with meaning or five posts with none? I'll keep my posts long; I rarely post as it is.

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2005, 02:04 AM
@at pnt.. damn.. im gonna kiss ya bro:p
he's right..
and i already make a suggestion to Pin thingy
about no 5. I some people didnt notice that they have a PM..
:D yeah..
and like mufasa say at How do you feel thread (I dont remember the name of it) TRY TO USE PM or IM :D
peace out..
about random... just everything have its own limit.. random to..

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2005, 02:29 AM
Good point pnt. I love to talk amongst others, and see their views, and look through their eyes. It just gives me such a better understanding of the world, and it helps me in my near future. If you understand. Thank you for the very true point pnt!

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2005, 06:31 AM
Perhaps some things are too important for just a few sentences. The english language is rich in content, might as well include a lot of it if you need to get a point across.

However, would you rather read a large post with meaning or five posts with none? I'll keep my posts long; I rarely post as it is.

Hmm... then I'll call you JazonHyena the second, then. Inasmuch -- you fancy lengthy posts. (j/k) ...

:ayecapn: :p

I'd prefer to read long and contenting posts; rather than short and meaningless ones. However, those short and meaningless ones, aren't without their relevancy.

;)

unregistered user
June 3rd, 2005, 06:35 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy isssssssssssssssssss ttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sssssssssssssssssssss llllllllllllllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg ggg eeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooouuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh hhhhhh

okay *zipping mouth*

and yeah make sure if ya make long post make sure there's a important line in it :p

King Simba
June 3rd, 2005, 08:18 AM
Zip it. :idiot: :lol: *covers Zack's mouth*

Anyways, I prefer to read posts that actually have a meaning...whether they're short or long. I just don't really like to waste time reading posts that mean nothing...

nathalie
June 3rd, 2005, 08:21 AM
Well, if people would just all read the sticky's, and the rules ( !! ) before they strart posting !!

No chatting in threads. (ex: 1 line posts and replies)

How many times have people said already: no chatting between just 2 - 3 members, you can do that much easier on msn, yahoo, etc ...
Or make a life journal or a weblog.

We can't keep saying this forever, because I, personnally, get tired of saying it everytime, and looking like the bad guy (girl).

Mabatu
June 3rd, 2005, 01:25 PM
Pnt has made some extremely good suggestions in this thread, and i suggest everyone should read his posts if they actually care about Lea, and everyone on it. :cheese:

It's great to see some really well thought out posts on here again. Obviously Pnt is really helping with this, and so are lots of other members :)

The idea of reminding people within your own threads to stop spamming is good, and seems to have worked quite well in Shatara's recent thread. Sometimes it's easy to meander off-topic, and so a reminder is good for everybody :hakuna:

Also, Pnt's general idea of making everyone feel like they belong to Lea is excellent! If everybody respects each other, then we'll definitely get along much better, and we'll all be interested to hear what each other has to say. I don't want to sound like some kind of old crow :p, but that's how Lea used to be: i'd come online and be part of a group of people who knew each other really well, and the conversation was always interesting. Even the downright ridiculous talk was fun - for example, "The Stick" - although that did get out of hand a few times :lol:

Roog has also mentioned lots of times that splitting up Scar's Lair into two subforums would help. I think it probably would help with keeping things organised (which is partly what we need), so i'm all for trying that out, if it's possible. :ayecapn:

I really hope this time everyone can work together to fix these problems, i'm sure we can =D

King Simba
June 3rd, 2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu
Roog has also mentioned lots of times that splitting up Scar's Lair into two subforums would help. I think it probably would help with keeping things organised (which is partly what we need), so i'm all for trying that out, if it's possible. :ayecapn:
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. If we had a sub-forum in Scar's Lair for random threads and stuff like that then I think there won't be that much of a problem. If it's possible, then I'm up for trying it out. :cheese:

And yeah, Pnt has some very good points as I said before. ;)

nathalie
June 3rd, 2005, 01:43 PM
Anything that concerns about making new sub-forums, has to go through Mufasa.

I hope he'll be back soon, to have a look at it all.

unregistered user
June 5th, 2005, 07:40 AM
*Bow* im back and thanks to boos:D
the 'scar lair' back to normal:D cheers

King Simba
June 5th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Welcome back Zack. :noogie: :idiot:

Juniper
June 5th, 2005, 11:56 AM
How is Scar's Lair back to normal?

unregistered user
June 5th, 2005, 01:19 PM
lots of important posts :D

IchLiebeNALA
June 5th, 2005, 01:35 PM
is that back to normal? :lol:

Dare
June 5th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Lots of important posts does not "normal" make.
;)
Call me cynical, but it's only a matter of time until things go back to the way they used to be...that is, if things have truely changed.

Juniper
June 5th, 2005, 03:53 PM
^ I agree with you

unregistered user
June 6th, 2005, 01:49 AM
agree :D.
:rawr: rawr with me

unregistered user
June 6th, 2005, 02:08 AM
They won't...while I'm here :lol:

[rawr's with Zack and howles like a wolf to the night] so eh...buddy..why we be rawrin' again? [keeps rawrin']

unregistered user
June 6th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Offtopic: i love that smilies:rawr:
ontopic: nothing to say:D:lol:

unregistered user
June 6th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Ontopic:....

Offtopic....

Whitewolf
June 6th, 2005, 02:18 AM
on topic off topic sounds like

someone want to kick it old school

nathalie
June 6th, 2005, 08:21 AM
*hmm*

Well, I think we all know now what this thread was / is about now, and since it's not going any further on the actuall topic ...

I'll just close this.

nathalie
June 9th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Ok, by request of others, this thread is open again.

!! BUT !! Only if we can stay on-topic in here !!

Juniper
June 10th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Thanks Nathalie :D

Seriously you guys, if you can't even stay on topic in a thread about spam, don't even bother posting here, just leave the thread. It's an insult to our intelligence and only shows the necessity to keep pushing the issue.

As for the whole spam thing, it's just as bad as it was a week ago or even a month ago. Because a lot of the spam is from chatting, why don't people go use the chat room? Mufasa took some time installing it and it works just fine, so why not use it? Is it still a matter of post counts?

I'm in favor of trying Roog's idea, if Mufasa ever comes back. Until then, I think just having people remind eachother to not spam will do a lot. But that's just one person's opinion

unregistered user
June 10th, 2005, 01:43 AM
maybe lot of people don't know how to use mIRC or Msn Chatroom.
i know it's abit hard to use mIRC i also recommend to use Msn Chatroom ;)

unregistered user
July 29th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
!! BUT !! Only if we can stay on-topic in here !!

Okay.. On Topic.. Still.. I guess The Reply is.. err. Spam... or a little bit pointless.
-by A Concern Member-

Daniel
July 29th, 2005, 01:20 PM
no really, it is a concern.

spam and randomness is just.... bleh, you know what i'm gonna say.

but in all honesty, what can we do?

nathalie
July 29th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Tell people over and over again, untill it's starts to bug them?

And untill it starts to bug the mods for sending so many pm's?

:D

unregistered user
July 29th, 2005, 05:49 PM
gotta agree with Nath:p:lol:

yeah..

unregistered user
July 29th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Well, I've been trying to cut down on the spam, don't know if I've helped at all, hope I'm doing better. :alone:

Daniel
July 29th, 2005, 05:53 PM
i've been cutting down to :D

dunno if i'm helping either :(

unregistered user
July 29th, 2005, 08:42 PM
*kinda off topic* When did the spaming get really bad, I mean, what was the point that made us decide that we had to do something? :confused:

unregistered user
July 30th, 2005, 12:44 AM
haha.. i need to remind y'all..
everypost and topic eating lea's banwidth....
yeah eating lea's space..

unregistered user
August 18th, 2005, 03:57 PM

So here's what I say we do, agree or disagree all you want:

1. Pin a spam advisory in Scar's Lair
2. Put the spam problem in the hands of the thread creators. If they tell someone to quit spamming their thread, then the spammer should quit. If they don't have a problem with it, then they don't have a problem with it and it should be allowed.
3. Treat excessive randomness as spam
4. Try to encourage eachother to work together on the problem.
5. Compliment eachother, send PM's, etc... If you notice someone who is generally left out, make it a point to tell them you notice them. Hell, send PM's to people who're always the center of attention too, praise makes everyone happy.
6. Realize that it's going to take more than a day to fix.
7. Here's the important one: Regardless of what we do, come back two weeks later and evaluate it. If it worked, then keep going with it. If it didn't, then keep that in mind while you try to find a different solution.
1. Check
2. Check
3. :gasp: okay check that
4. Encourage.. i love that word =D
5. Ohhkay.. hope that work
6. Hope that happen
7. ;).. i agree

So Does Majority Agree with this??

Melody of Scar
August 18th, 2005, 05:32 PM
I think that an option to delete your own posts should be made avaliable... I, for one, have accidently clicked the "Quote" instead of "Edit Post" button without realizing it, and I want to delete the double-post but I can't, so I write an excuse in it or continue what I was saying anyways.

I don't know if a lot of people would use it, but I would if something like that came up.

Edit: And I agree. Anything to stop the fighting. x.x

Juniper
August 18th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Melody of Scar
I think that an option to delete your own posts should be made avaliable... I, for one, have accidently clicked the "Quote" instead of "Edit Post" button without realizing it, and I want to delete the double-post but I can't, so I write an excuse in it or continue what I was saying anyways.

I don't know if a lot of people would use it, but I would if something like that came up.

Edit: And I agree. Anything to stop the fighting. x.x

You have the option to delete your own post. Click "edit", go to the top of the page, click the little box that says "Delete" and the post is gone.

As for the spam problem, it has been demonstrated thus far that the members of this forum will not work with eachother to solve a problem. It is a situation of divided opinions sided with one-ups-manship. Yes, the recent attempt to fix the problem "crashed and burned", as Roog put it, but that doesn't mean it can't work. I still think that the best course of action is for forum members to work with eachother in reducing spam, be fair to everyone, regardless of whether you like them or not, and have the moderating staff send out private warnings. If the warnings are not heeded and the problem not fixed in a timely manner, then the members who recieve them have broken the rules and serious action must be taken to deal with the problem. I hardly think that's unfair, warning a member breaking the rules to quit doing so or there will be consequences is definately within the rights, and duty, of the moderating staff.

Melody of Scar
August 18th, 2005, 06:40 PM
You have the option to delete your own post. Click "edit", go to the top of the page, click the little box that says "Delete" and the post is gone.

As for the spam problem, it has been demonstrated thus far that the members of this forum will not work with eachother to solve a problem. It is a situation of divided opinions sided with one-ups-manship. Yes, the recent attempt to fix the problem "crashed and burned", as Roog put it, but that doesn't mean it can't work. I still think that the best course of action is for forum members to work with eachother in reducing spam, be fair to everyone, regardless of whether you like them or not, and have the moderating staff send out private warnings. If the warnings are not heeded and the problem not fixed in a timely manner, then the members who recieve them have broken the rules and serious action must be taken to deal with the problem. I hardly think that's unfair, warning a member breaking the rules to quit doing so or there will be consequences is definately within the rights, and duty, of the moderating staff.

How did I miss that? :confused:

I second all of that, pnt. If everyone does their own little bit, Lea will be much better off - it's not simply a problem for mods or members. *Everyone* has to help stop it and *everyone* has to care enough to try and stop it. Because now all we're doing is fighting about it.

So no more excessive randomness, guys. :D I'll be good, too. ^-^

lion_roog
August 18th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Ja!..I agree, I like the plan PntBll and everyone came up with. What it does is give the member who has been breaking the rules a chance to better themselves in that particular area, and at the same time setting a stance that wont budge if implimented. Basically, you give a warning or warnings to a particular member, and if they fail to heed the warnings, then they get banned for a specific amount of time to show that theri actions will not be tolerated.

But spam will always be here, it's in every forum. Some forums deal with it by creating separate sections just for spam and threads that don't hold deep meaning, like "your favorite type of music" thread. I've noticed that it helps keep spam out of the rest of the forum because people know where to go to spam...and where to go to have a discussion...even so, you will still get it in all parts of the forum.

unregistered user
August 18th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Indeed Roog, you're correct sadly, there will always be spam. And I wish that Mufasa would've went ahead and made that SPAM section -__-;;

He needs to get back here me thinks =/

Until then though, i still like Pnt's idea ^^

unregistered user
August 18th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I could AIM Mufa...if yall wanted...er one of the two [sarabits/muffits] [shrugs] But ya, stayin' with pntness' idear.

MK, I just sent some updates ta Sarabi. I've talked to her alot outta of the two of them. Yes they are very alive. She was last on-line August 15th. :ayecapn:

This is Ed signing out j/k