PDA

View Full Version : Osama Bin Laden is dead

Asikinari
May 2nd, 2011, 03:06 AM
Don't know if this is significant to anyone here... but that's the news going around town.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

Sombolia
May 2nd, 2011, 04:09 AM
Of course it's significant.

I'm still in shock, I think. I don't have any reason to distrust Obama, but it seems unbelievable.

Nuduli
May 2nd, 2011, 04:13 AM
It's good news for me! He's finally gone!

HasiraKali
May 2nd, 2011, 05:47 AM
It's still a little surreal. I stayed up to watch the official announcement and now I can't sleep. They were showing people in DC and Ground Zero celebrating. It as a little strange to see.

Utora
May 2nd, 2011, 05:59 AM
If this get's Obama re-elected I'm permanently residing in Russia. Bush started this, Obama never even wanted our troops over there. I'll be damned if this gets him in office again. As glad as I am Osama is dead, I am not excited as I guess one should be. I'd prefer to wait and see how it unfolds.

Guntur
May 2nd, 2011, 07:34 AM
There's should be pros and cons on this one, some people call him as a martyrs, some call him a terrorist, some people call him as a saint, and some people call him as a scapegoat

Well, if there's another terrorist attack greater than 9/11 now we all know who's the scapegoat and who's the mastermind behind the attack.

But the good news is, we just delay any terrorism attack around the world since we just decapitate the snake! but I'm sure the we can eliminate the "terrorism council" or there will be emerge a new greater threat.

Remember that we execute Saddam Hussein? it does slow down any immoral activities or terrorism but it doesn't stop the cause at all.

Juniper
May 2nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
If this get's Obama re-elected I'm permanently residing in Russia. Bush started this, Obama never even wanted our troops over there. I'll be damned if this gets him in office again. As glad as I am Osama is dead, I am not excited as I guess one should be. I'd prefer to wait and see how it unfolds.

I really don't think this will play too much a role in his re-election. As monumental as it may seem, the truth of the matter is that Bin Laden's death will have little effect on this country. This is very much a bread and circus situation, it does not fix our debt, it does not lower inflation or the price of food, it doesn't pay our debt or reduce our deficit, it doesn't make us more competitive with China, it doesn't make healthcare in the US better and it doesn't even make the US much safer. There are still terrorist who intend to harm us and we're still in three wars. Obama's approval will have a hard time rising when people are paying thrice what they used to pay for gas 8 months ago. The average American is displeased with the direction of the country, and this does nothing to change that.

As for Osama Bin Laden, I'm not one to celebrate anyone's death. We will all be judged for what we do, both good and bad, so I'll leave that to the proper authority.

Azerane
May 2nd, 2011, 07:58 AM
It does seem a little odd to celebrate a person's death, but I can certainly understand it.

Though perhaps we should be more worried now, since he is dead, they may want some sort of payback. As in, there may be people who see it as an instigator for other attacks. Let's hope that that's not the case. Especially since I'll be on several airline flights in the near future :p

King Simba
May 2nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Well, I wouldn't really celebrate his death, but then again, what about all those lives he was responsible for during 9/11? I guess many people are celebrating because of that.

I've heard that as a result of Bin Laden's death, that security has been stepped up and pretty much everywhere is on a high terror alert. It doesn't exactly make me feel comfortable knowing that I'll be flying myself in just under 2 months. =/ But I flew to Florida with my family a few weeks just after 9/11 and many Americans admired us for doing so. A lot of them didn't want to fly so they would just travel by road instead, which meant there were very little cars for rental. Maybe with some stepped up security, it'll be the safest time to fly. I sure hope so, and of course I won't let it put me off my future trips abroad. ;)

Guntur
May 2nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Payback are always a possibility over revenge on United States Government but the security are already fortified all over the world over this issue.
I do not think this is part of the "payback" or Revenge on 9/11 but justice stood over him and will bring good morale against the terrorist and the terrorist will demoralize over his death.

As for Osama Bin Laden, I'm not one to celebrate anyone's death. We will all be judged for what we do, both good and bad, so I'll leave that to the proper authority.

Yeah, agree with the above statement, But my "proper authority" for me is Allah S.W.T. Himself to judge him for what he have do!

Lion King Stu
May 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
But the good news is, we just delay any terrorism attack around the world since we just decapitate the snake! but I'm sure the we can eliminate the "terrorism council" or there will be emerge a new greater threat.

I would have to strongly disagree with you Fendi, the way I see it from a military perspective I can probably say that this will only move things a little quicker in the next few weeks, not slow it down. I also believe it might make things a little more harder for people in military like me, seeing as we still have lots of troops out in Afghanistan.
I personally think we should all be watching out the next few coming weeks, they will try something. I think the scenes of celebration in the US will only sort of fuel the flames a little.

I think I can also say that for the last few years Bin Laden has been just a figure head of the organistation who hasn't had much of a say of a lot of the recent terrorist acts run by Al Qaeda, cells who have come up with the operations and have only got the thumbs up. The organisation is bigger than one man, killing one person isn't going to solve a great deal in this war on terror, but justice is at least done.

Personally I am one of many who would rather of seen him brought to trial rather than being shot in the head and promptely disposed, would of been nice to see him squirm. On a lighter note, glad the bugger is dead.

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 2nd, 2011, 11:08 AM
I still have doubts about just how responsible he was for 9/11 but he is undoubtedly a despicable human who has been responsible for many deaths over the years; so this is a victory.

Many saying that if he had been captured alive it would have led to a lot more trouble as people tried to bargain for his release by blackmail and kidnapping. I don't really think we're going to see any major attacks. It could lead to a bit more trouble for the troops but to be honest I don't think the event will win Osama any more supporters, so it will still be the same people fighting the troops.

Don't forget that he caused a lot of grief in his 'home' countries as well, so I'm sure quite a lot of people over there are quietly relieved today.

Dare
May 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this, but then again I've been operating on the assumption that he was already dead, ergo I do not feel any safer today than I felt yesterday.
I am sure that some of my friends (who lost family members in 9/11) are celebrating up a storm right now though, though I personally am not one celebrate someone's death... particularly when I feel that person is a hydra. It will be interesting to see how many heads spring up now.

It will also be interesting to see the political spin that the major US political parties put on this.
Oh, the hay they're going to try to make - meanwhile, I shall continue on with my never-ending battle to keep my chin above the poverty line.

I wonder what they're going to do with the body...?

Guntur
May 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
I would have to strongly disagree with you Fendi, the way I see it from a military perspective I can probably say that this will only move things a little quicker in the next few weeks, not slow it down. I also believe it might make things a little more harder for people in military like me, seeing as we still have lots of troops out in Afghanistan.
I personally think we should all be watching out the next few coming weeks, they will try something. I think the scenes of celebration in the US will only sort of fuel the flames a little.

I think I can also say that for the last few years Bin Laden has been just a figure head of the organistation who hasn't had much of a say of a lot of the recent terrorist acts run by Al Qaeda, cells who have come up with the operations and have only got the thumbs up. The organisation is bigger than one man, killing one person isn't going to solve a great deal in this war on terror, but justice is at least done.

Personally I am one of many who would rather of seen him brought to trial rather than being shot in the head and promptely disposed, would of been nice to see him squirm. On a lighter note, glad the bugger is dead.

I deeply agree with your views on a military perspective. They've just lost a leader even though he's not a part of the chain-in-command anymore! about your opinion on their hostility response? you're quite right on it. They may move a little faster on this few month but I doubt it will successful like on London or 9/11. I'm sure they will re-act either using propaganda or do some hostility move against Pakistan and the Middle East.

Yeah, tighten the security should halt their activity against the Superpower country like United Kingdom and United States. But they will work a lot harder than the military since the morale are extremely down after the successful attempt against Al-Qaeda. :)

I still have doubts about just how responsible he was for 9/11 but he is undoubtedly a despicable human who has been responsible for many deaths over the years; so this is a victory.

Many saying that if he had been captured alive it would have led to a lot more trouble as people tried to bargain for his release by blackmail and kidnapping. I don't really think we're going to see any major attacks. It could lead to a bit more trouble for the troops but to be honest I don't think the event will win Osama any more supporters, so it will still be the same people fighting the troops.

Don't forget that he caused a lot of grief in his 'home' countries as well, so I'm sure quite a lot of people over there are quietly relieved today.

I'm sure Bin Laden family are both devastated and okay with the outcome with the situation. They don't want him to shatter their family and company image.

King Simba
May 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
I wonder what they're going to do with the body...?
I heard that they gave him a burial at sea, as this article explains:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-buried-at-sea-115875-23102175/

Asikinari
May 2nd, 2011, 02:52 PM
The U.S. got its revenge. Though, while everyone's off celebrating, nothing really was accomplished. Just killed another guy who was really hated. Forgive my apathy, but does this mean that this will end the wars being conducted?

Guntur
May 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
No, we have done the same thing on world war II, Like Hitler and Mussolini (even though it is considered Suicide). Huge blow for the Islamist Fundamental but this only a setback.

Yeah, Osama's body has been buried in the sea.

About the end of the world: he's only a person, not a prophet.

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 2nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
No, we have done the same thing on world war II, Like Hitler and Mussolini (even though it is considered Suicide). Huge blow for the Islamist Fundamental but this only a setback.

Yeah, Obama's body has been buried in the sea.

About the end of the world: he's only a person, not a prophet.

Ermmm...why aren't the news channels reporting THAT?
:gasp:

:lol:

nathalie
May 2nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
haha, I was like: what ?? lol

Guntur
May 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
I was thinking, they might be brothers. :lol:

You can read My post on WEW Reply. :lol: Enjoy while it last before being caught over misunderstanding. :p

Shadow
May 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
And the sad part is , this wont chance a damn thing in the world except some Americans feeling satisfied that they got revenge for 9/11 throw more bloodsheed.

this dont chance a damn thing, though im glad that douch is dead, he deserves it.

Guntur
May 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM
And the sad part is , this wont chance a damn thing in the world except some Americans feeling satisfied that they got revenge for 9/11 throw more bloodsheed.

Yeah, But we are all ready for any retaliation that they made.

I actually worried for the people in Afghanistan and Pakistan, they might be the first target!

Dare
May 2nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah, But we are all ready for any retaliation that they made.

I wouldn't be so quick to proclaim that kind o' hubris.
The US thought that before 9/11 and look what happened there.
;)

Guntur
May 2nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to proclaim that kind o' hubris.
The US thought that before 9/11 and look what happened there.
;)

Well a little cautious wouldn't be hurt. :p
I'm actually following LKS' opinion. Remember that there's always a burning churches after a "blasphemy" speeches by any world leader that making a statement against Islamic teaching. ;)

They might not terrorist but the army better suit up and prevent any unwanted cause. ;)

on 9/11? it was plan very carefully by the fundamentalist that take for years, which means you're right. But I don't think they will do anything big without any big plans.

HasiraKali
May 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Y'all notice that May 1st is also the day Hitler was reported dead? Interesting parallel there.

Utora
May 5th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I really don't think this will play too much a role in his re-election.

Maybe not so direct to his re-election, that being a ways off..but -> http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/05/03/obamas-approval-highest-since-2009-after-killing-bin-laden/

Yeah, right..I mean he starts his re-election campaign and suddenly he has a birth certificate and Osama dies.

To be honest, :lol: I thought he was already dead and this was more the reason I wasn't too swayed when I was informed. I actually thought this person who was telling me Osama was dead, was saying "Obama was killed!" because of their accent, and I was going I don't think so. I don't think so. And to find out it was Osama, I kind of felt... :blah: about it.

Bush refused to go with Obama to Ground Zero. Seems like he's staying out of the spotlight after his presidency and while he did a lot of "do'hs!" in his term, it was his policy that got this accomplished one way or another.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0504/Obama-visit-to-ground-zero-Can-he-balance-celebration-with-somberness

Honestly, why isn't Obama grieving over Osama's death? Wasn't he all for a Mosque AT Ground Zero? This celebration stuff is really surreal. And now with more excuses as to why photos can't be shown....mmyeah.

:headache:

I'm not too in tune with politics and the goings on around me, for my own reasons, and I really don't have too many personal opinions politically..but sometimes things just speak for themselves and a make a point entirely on their own. ((shrugs)) Osama's dead, now what?

Kihari
May 5th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Ermmm...why aren't the news channels reporting THAT?

Don't worry, you can always count on FOX News to report the real story!

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/Kihari_Lion/fox_news_derp.jpg

Guntur
May 5th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Indeed, FOX news are always trustworthy. =)

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 5th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Don't worry, you can always count on FOX News to report the real story!

:lol:

I knew someone would do that, might have guessed it would be Fox!

shadowland
June 11th, 2011, 07:10 PM
One man's death wont change a thing, the US govt. will just need to create a new enemy to frighten its people with.

Dare
June 11th, 2011, 07:22 PM
One man's death wont change a thing, the US govt. will just need to create a new enemy to frighten its people with.

Every generation has one, no?
;)

Guntur
June 11th, 2011, 07:29 PM

Well, we have Obama right now, what more do you want? :p :D:haha:

shadowland
June 12th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Every generation has one, no?
;)

Hey, they've found a new boogie man already! :D

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread714867/pg1

"NATO: Anonymous will be "infiltrated" and "persecuted", page 1"

..coming from an organisation known for engaging in multiple illegals wars lol