PDA

View Full Version : Sarabi or Sarafina

Whitewolf
May 31st, 2005, 02:07 AM
If you have to choose one who would it be.

I know i would choose Sarabi...

unregistered user
May 31st, 2005, 02:10 AM
well.. i choose..
lionness :lol:
Sarabi :p

Prince Simba
May 31st, 2005, 02:18 AM
I don't know, what do you think, Sarabi?

*ugh* Sarabi++

2 Die FR
May 31st, 2005, 02:32 AM
Well, considering that Sarafina had about the tiniest part in the movie, with just one line...

Originally posted by Prince Simba
I don't know, what do you think, Sarabi?
...I'm gonna go with Sarabi. She really knows her place and as queen stands up for what is right (a.k.a. facing Scar toward the end). It's a shame that even Sarabi didn't have a more substantial role- she is far eclipsed from the picture by Mufasa.

LunarCat
May 31st, 2005, 02:37 AM
i'd say sarabi :D

Ralli
May 31st, 2005, 02:59 AM
Sarabi, paws down. :browlift: No doubt there.

Mizani
May 31st, 2005, 07:33 AM
Sarabi's my fave char in TLK.:browlift: Maybe this should be a poll:confused:

King Simba
May 31st, 2005, 07:43 AM
Sarabi. Sarafina is still a good character although she doesn't take a really important role in the movie. She doesn't last too long either.

Opera Ghost
May 31st, 2005, 07:57 AM
Sarabi :browlift:

Ngatuny
May 31st, 2005, 02:56 PM
Impossible to answer this question is! :p

Lion King Stu
May 31st, 2005, 03:19 PM
They are both kool :cheese:

I like Sarabi from TLK better out the two shes more :rawr:

unregistered user
May 31st, 2005, 03:22 PM
Sarafina! Sure she may not say much but she is still the best!

Lion King Stu
May 31st, 2005, 03:29 PM
damn right boos *holds up paw* don't leave me hanging :cheese:

Ruska
May 31st, 2005, 06:28 PM
Sarafina! Because everyone knows she pwns. She's such a good mother too! Yay Sarafina!

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 31st, 2005, 07:38 PM
I still don't understand how people can have any great affection for Sarafina seeing as we have no idea what she's like!

I mean...yes, she brought Nala up so she can't be that bad but we still don't know what her personality is...

My vote goes for Sarabi...though Sarafina is better looking as far as lionesses go!
:p ;) :D

Nalinda
May 31st, 2005, 07:50 PM
Sarabi.. :browlift: She is a really good and caring mother.
(Sarafina too but she doesn't show up that much)

Storm90
May 31st, 2005, 08:38 PM
Sarabi! :D

Though, Sarafina should of had more lines in the movie or a better part.

TakaTiger
May 31st, 2005, 11:48 PM
sabby all the way ;)

Hanshilo
June 2nd, 2005, 08:40 PM
Sarafina i'm afraid

Ralli
June 2nd, 2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
I still don't understand how people can have any great affection for Sarafina seeing as we have no idea what she's like!

I mean...yes, she brought Nala up so she can't be that bad but we still don't know what her personality is...

My vote goes for Sarabi...though Sarafina is better looking as far as lionesses go!

Thank you! I never could understand why everyone is so fond of Sarafina when she doesn't really seem to have a developed personality...I mean, you see her for about a minute or two in the whole movie...:confused:

Mizani
June 8th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Yea, I mean what is there to love?:confused:

Nalinda
June 12th, 2005, 12:15 PM
People maybe say Sarafina cuz they dont like Sarabi :uhno: But maybe not. How can you not like Sarabi??

Ralli
June 12th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Nalinda
People maybe say Sarafina cuz they dont like Sarabi :uhno: But maybe not. How can you not like Sarabi??

How can you NOT dislike Sarabi?! :growl: I mean, how she's devoted to her husband even after his death, how she sees reason, how she loves her son...

...I don't know if that would count as sarcasm or not...:browlift:

Simba_TLK
June 12th, 2005, 02:48 PM
this is a tough choice...

i think i like Sarafina better :fini:

but Sarabi is good too :browlift:

The Sun King
June 12th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I like both Sarabi and Sarafina, didn't get to hear much from Sarafina though :( ...

Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer

ditto :cheese:

unregistered user
June 12th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Ralli
How can you NOT dislike Sarabi?! :growl: I mean, how she's devoted to her husband even after his death, how she sees reason, how she loves her son...

...I don't know if that would count as sarcasm or not...:browlift:

Careful with the sarcasm Ralli, make sure it's apparent in your posts so that way people don't think you're bashing TLK

Ralli
June 12th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Ravoc
Careful with the sarcasm Ralli, make sure it's apparent in your posts so that way people don't think you're bashing TLK

*chokes on her gummi bugs* *coughhack* ME? Bash TLK? The movie that I've been obsessed with since I was four years old? The fandom I've been loyal to online for five or six years? I'd never bash TLK. *rereads post* I don't see how it'd be seen as bashing...I think it'd be viewed more as immature, horrible sense of sarcasm...

unregistered user
June 12th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I'm only responding due to the post being reported is all, I just don't you to get in trouble or anything, some members are, well they're sensitive, plus Sarabi is the name of one of the admins here and bashing admins is never a good idea =P

Ralli
June 12th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I'm only responding due to the post being reported is all, I just don't you to get in trouble or anything, some members are, well they're sensitive, plus Sarabi is the name of one of the admins here and bashing admins is never a good idea =P

What? My post was reported? Because I was being stupid? How could anyone be hurt by what I said? I'M overly sensitive, you could say one bad thing about something I like and I'll probably end up in tears, but I was joking. :eww: Wow, I thought I was sensitive and with a tendancy to jump to conclusions... Heck, I was starting to settle in here, not worrying about what I said. But crap, now I've got my back put up again.

*scratches head* Maybe they thought I was seriously bashing Sarabi as a character. Dude, she's my favourite female character in TLK. o_o;; I thought my putting that "I wonder if this counts as sarcasm" wasn't a clear enough of a sign that I was joking. Though I thought my complimenting her (the loving her husband, the seeing reason, the loving her son thing...) was a dead give away...

unregistered user
June 12th, 2005, 07:56 PM
SOrry *shrugs* I don't know who sent it, but as a mod, I'm supposed to respond, though I personally don't see it as that big of a deal *shrugs*

The members are only doing what they think is right, I mean, when they think something is wrong, they are supposed to report it, so good job for reporting, but I don't think this is that big of a deal to worry about =P

Shatara
June 12th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Whoever reported that post needs to either
A. Grow some skin
or
B. Get off the internet.

Also, s/he should be warned for flagrantly wasting a moderator's time.

Dare
June 12th, 2005, 11:46 PM
I thought that when someone reports a post, they're supposed to say why they're reporting it...that way if someone claims someone's saying something when it's obviously not true, it helps the mods decide whether it's worth pursuing or not...
Or does this board not come with that feature/setting?

Anyway, on the original topic, I'm going to have to go with Sarabi for pretty much reasons already said here...she's a more developed character than Sarafina (who's kind of just...there)...and I like her character design more. =^^=

Lion King Stu
June 12th, 2005, 11:46 PM
*hands out the weapons* Hunt em down

Lucy Lioness
June 12th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
*hands out the weapons* Hunt em down

:haha:

Anyway, on-topic, I vote for Sarabi. :browlift: She is just a bit more developed than Sarafina is - but still not enough! Yay Sarabi! :browlift:

But LKS, on your sig, you left out Sarabi. I'm sure she would be very hurt. Hehe. Sarafina is there, and Vitani, and Kiara and Nala, but no Sarabi.

IchLiebeNALA
June 13th, 2005, 12:14 PM
very true.

i've just informed Sarabi (the lioness, not the admin ;)) and she is not too pleased. in fact, if you dont as her within the next 24 hours, she will be forced to eat you...

... whole

Lion King Stu
June 13th, 2005, 12:31 PM
ok ok changed ^^ :cheese: sorry Sarabi ;)
I love Sarafina alot more though :rawr:

Whitewolf
June 13th, 2005, 07:03 PM
wow talk about threatening and blackmailing :gasp:

the funny thing is In TLK 2 i am surprise that Sarafina or Sarabi got no parts at all which is werid :confused:

unregistered user
June 13th, 2005, 10:26 PM
According to lionking.org, Sarafina is in the second movie. She's the lioness that says "My how you've grown" when Kiara walks down Pride Rock, but I don't know if the rumor is true or not.

Whitewolf
June 13th, 2005, 10:45 PM
odd that like a very very short part if not no part at all that stiff sucks

unregistered user
June 13th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Yep, but so was her part in TLK 1. Sarabi didn't get a part at all.

Whitewolf
June 13th, 2005, 11:12 PM
wish they could have done more with those two characters cause we know so little about them

IchLiebeNALA
June 14th, 2005, 04:45 PM
i dunno why, but i reckon that Sarabi was killed by Zira...

Lucy Lioness
June 14th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
i dunno why, but i reckon that Sarabi was killed by Zira...

Noooo! Not my Sabby????!!!!!!! :emo: :badnews:

IchLiebeNALA
June 14th, 2005, 09:49 PM
sorry Lucy, but that's what i feel happened.

between TLK and TLK2, i reckon that Zira tried to take over the Pridelands but failed, and during the battle, Sarabi was killed.

i dunno, i'm just talking crap. ignore me

Shatara
June 14th, 2005, 11:07 PM
i dunno why, but i reckon that Sarabi was killed by Zira... Certainly a possibility, but I personally don't think so. She was getting old as far as lionesses go...I think she went to her love quite peacefully...:love:

Anyways, I like 'em both. *huggels them!*

Ralli
June 15th, 2005, 12:30 AM

between TLK and TLK2, i reckon that Zira tried to take over the Pridelands but failed, and during the battle, Sarabi was killed.

Actually, after the battle, you see Simba and Sarabi nuzzle.

Lucy Lioness
June 15th, 2005, 07:00 AM

That's not what I feel happened - I just think that the people who made TLK2 didn't want to handle her death in the movie, or any future movies, so they just didn't include her, or she just wasn't a part of the story.

I shall ignore you, Dan! j/k :p

IchLiebeNALA
June 15th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Ralli
Actually, after the battle, you see Simba and Sarabi nuzzle.

i meant after the end of the First one and after the opening scene from TLK2

unregistered user
June 15th, 2005, 08:08 PM
According to the Chronicles of the Pride lands er whatever thats called...Sarabi dies in her sleep and walks of as a spirit or ghost with both scar and Mufasa. Mufasa, scar, and Sarabi had all forgiven eachother and walked off as friends. She died before Kiara was born. ;) That's what I was told. :confused:

IchLiebeNALA
June 15th, 2005, 08:09 PM
oh, okees! Thanks for that Utora

Nalinda
June 15th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Hmm.. One thing is bothering me with that theory - but its a good one!
If Sarabi walked off in her sleep with Mufasa and Scar and they had all forgiven each other? If the case were that way.. Then I think Mufasa should have told Simba that Scar has prayed for forgivness and that they were "friends" again (I mean.. as.. ghosts.. or something :p)
Well, then Simba should'nt have such a grudge against Scar and take Kovu with open arms to his pride? Well.. Im just thinking..

IchLiebeNALA
June 15th, 2005, 08:34 PM
maybe Simba was unaware of his mother being reunited with Simba and Scar and them all making up...

Shatara
June 15th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Nalinda
Hmm.. One thing is bothering me with that theory - but its a good one!
If Sarabi walked off in her sleep with Mufasa and Scar and they had all forgiven each other? If the case were that way.. Then I think Mufasa should have told Simba that Scar has prayed for forgivness and that they were "friends" again (I mean.. as.. ghosts.. or something :p)
Well, then Simba should'nt have such a grudge against Scar and take Kovu with open arms to his pride? Well.. Im just thinking.. Regardless of what some silly effects in SP would have us believe, I truly doubt that appearing from beyond is as easy as calling long distance.

BTW: Love the sig Utora ;)

Mabatu
June 16th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Utora
According to the Chronicles of the Pride lands er whatever thats called...Sarabi dies in her sleep and walks of as a spirit or ghost with both scar and Mufasa. Mufasa, scar, and Sarabi had all forgiven eachother and walked off as friends. She died before Kiara was born. ;) That's what I was told. :confused:

From what i can remember, that was one of the best scenes from Chronicles of the Pridelands - it was very touching, and provided a great sense of closure to that story, while at the same time, it still felt tragic...that's good writing, i think :)

Anyway, i'd probably say Sarabi is a more developed character, but not by all that much...i'd pick Sarafina as being a nicer looking lioness...and she seems pretty friendly as well...but of course, it's not easy to pick one over the other :fini: :browlift:

Koai
June 17th, 2005, 04:53 PM
hhhhmmm I'd have to say I like Sarabi more, but only because we never got to see Sarafina's personality develop so we wouldn't know what she was like. :-\ But Sarabi is very strong character, so I'd have to say her...if we got to see what Sarafina was like, who knows what my disicion would be? :p XD

Kiara Serengeti
July 1st, 2005, 07:25 PM
It's hard to tell, because Sarafina has a brief appearance with Nala and only says, "Hmm, what do you think, Sarabi?"

Katse
July 1st, 2005, 07:32 PM
I'd say Sarabi. There seemed to be more character depth with her. Ofcourse, Sarafina didn't get the same.

BTW, you guys know that all the CotP is is just a fanficion, right? A well written story, but fanfiction, all the same.

Dare
July 1st, 2005, 09:28 PM
According to lionking.org, Sarafina is in the second movie. She's the lioness that says "My how you've grown" when Kiara walks down Pride Rock, but I don't know if the rumor is true or not.

I'd say it's a rumor...considering how that lioness has not only a different pelt color than TLK1 Sarafina, but also a different eye color...unless she has the same genetic disorder as Nala and her eyes naturally change from blue/green to orange/red...

I could be wrong though, maybe I'm thinking of another lioness. I wish I had a screengrab.
:\

Sombolia
July 2nd, 2005, 12:15 AM
Dan, I don't see how anything could've happened between TLK and SP, when supposedly SP picked up right after TLK left off..

...even if the two presenatations were horrificly different an' all.

Winter Lioness
July 2nd, 2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Katse

BTW, you guys know that all the CotP is is just a fanficion, right? A well written story, but fanfiction, all the same.
Well Said!!!

I choose Sarabi. She seems so sweet! Too bad Disney made it so that Mufasa seemed like a better parent than Sarabi.:browlift:

Mizani
July 2nd, 2005, 01:54 AM
Yes, curse you Disney:grrr:

Sombolia
July 2nd, 2005, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Mizani
Better parent?!?!
Sarabi was a great parent!!!
Its just that Mufasa had a bigger role!!!

She never said Sarabi was a bad parent, she said they *made it seem* like Mufasa was a *better* parent. ;)

Alli
July 2nd, 2005, 05:22 AM
I'm gonna go with Sarafina cause she has a cooler name, despite her small part and she needs to votes for her xD

Dare
July 2nd, 2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Winter Lioness
Too bad Disney made it so that Mufasa seemed like a better parent than Sarabi.:browlift:

I don't see how...? Is there a basis for Mufasa seeming like a better parent?
:confused:

Winter Lioness
July 2nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
I don't see how...? Is there a basis for Mufasa seeming like a better parent?
:confused:

Mufasa was always the one that was seen with Simba, not Sarabi. When he died, Simba ran away, not caring what Sarabi would feel, making it seem like she was a bad parent. :grrr:

Ralli
July 2nd, 2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Winter Lioness
Mufasa was always the one that was seen with Simba, not Sarabi. When he died, Simba ran away, not caring what Sarabi would feel, making it seem like she was a bad parent. :grrr:

Actually...Scar asks, "Oh, what would your mother think?" And Simba looks even more heartbroken. I think he was afraid that his mother would hate him for causing the death of his father (which wasn't really the case but he didn't know). If he'd been older at the time and less impressionable, he probably would've realized that the death wasn't his fault and his mother wouldn't ever hate him.

I think it's clear that Sarabi is a good mother and wife, despite the contact between Simba and her wasn't much compared to Mufasa. She lovingly licking him when he's a baby, sharing a proud and adoring look with Mufasa when he was a baby, watching after them with a happy and loving look and smile when they leave to the promontory when Simba's older to begin his 'king training', grooming Simba and looking amused and loving when he protests, and if she didn't care for Simba she wouldn't have sent Zazu to cubsit them, she's clearly heartbroken when Scar gives the eulogy, and is seen nuzzling Simba at the end of the battle. I think it's obvious in the movie that Sarabi is a loving mother and wife, despite not playing as big a part as Mufasa. :love:

Nalinda
July 3rd, 2005, 12:55 PM
I agree with you Ralli. Well said. ;)

Mizani
July 3rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
*claps* Bravo, bravo:D